• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So that makes Overhaul just one cour or more than likely them splitting it into two

Hard to say since his arc is still going. Especially now that we're interrupting it for Kirishima's flashback, which is at least two parts if not more (the title had a 1 in it)

Meffer

I'm really curious how Kirishime injuries will affect him in the aftermath. Even before he took the second pummeling chunks of skin were coming off.

caliph95

I'm really curious how Kirishime injuries will affect him in the aftermath. Even before he took the second pummeling chunks of skin were coming off.
manga is good with injuries so will probably be out of commission if it got bad or go around with bandages.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So ive been trying to wrap my head around why on earth we're having this fpashback now? And i have a weird theory. You know how the big reveal in the flashback is how weak kishi hardening is? Maybe he
took drugs to increase his hardening?
Bit of an off chance but interesting to think about.

manga is good with injuries so will probably be out of commission if it got bad or go around with bandages.

Im hoping he's mildly disfigured like ectoplasm hero.

Jintor

tumblr_omdb531seE1uojmkco1_500.jpg
c-cute

Puruzi

Banned
didn't say anything about it but I kinda like the villain Kiri and Fatty are fighting right now

he's cool in his own way

ahdurian

i've been re-reading the manga lately and just realized...have they said who the No.3 Hero is?
There's...

1. All Might
  2. Endeavor
  3. ?????
  4. Best Jeanist
  5. Edge Shot

who is No 3? Have they not said this yet?

caliph95

i've been re-reading the manga lately and just realized...have they said who the No.3 Hero is?
There's...

1. All Might
  2. Endeavor
  3. ?????
  4. Best Jeanist
  5. Edge Shot

who is No 3? Have they not said this yet?
Nope we don't know yet
we also only know for the rest of the 10 orca and Rykyu the dragon lady

Jintor

tumblr and twitter has been going nuts with western fanartists making their own BNH characters. i'm not gonna repost any but it's pretty fun times right now, some great designs out there

Philippo

tumblr and twitter has been going nuts with western fanartists making their own BNH characters. i'm not gonna repost any but it's pretty fun times right now, some great designs out there

Its Sonic all over again!
But its pretty understandable, MHA is more likely to resonate with westerners in terms of designs, so its only natural. I mean, how many of us have dreamed of our own superhero?
For real tho, we need that MHAxMarvel crossover.

caliph95

was checking twitter to see what you're saying and i'm an idiot for never noting this and for not paying attention and not noticing Dabi and Toga
8xQI6ck.png

Jintor

Its Sonic all over again!
But its pretty understandable, MHA is more likely to resonate with westerners in terms of designs, so its only natural. I mean, how many of us have dreamed of our own superhero?
For real tho, we need that MHAxMarvel crossover.

i'm still amazed there's no official One Punch Man/BNH crossover yet

NSESN

Talking about Dabi and Toga. Is Mr compress the only villain without "rival" student right now?
I mean we have:
Deku vs Shigaraki
Ochako vs Toga
Todoroki vs Dabi
Iida vs Spinner?
and with last chapter Kirishima vs Radio guy is teased.
So who would be Mr compress "rival"? Tokoyami?

Kirishima backstory is different than I expected, though hes still as cheery as I thought he would be but I didnt think he'd be that quick to not want to go to UA.

I kind of want more emotional backstories for characters, I feel like heroaca doesnt seem to want to give any of them that (beyond Midoriya, Kota, and Todoroki thus far)

Veelk

Banned
That would be awesome and amazing. And I'd love to see him tackle those subjects since, thus far, he's shown that he can handle the subjects well.

NSESN

So Stain aftermath is episode 31/18, I am worried it might be going too fast and they will need to make a filler episode. Maybe show the end-of-term fights that weren't explored in the manga?

FlowersisBritish

So Stain aftermath is episode 31/18, I am worried it might be going to fast and they will need to make a filler episode. Maybe show the end-of-term fights that weren't explored in the manga?

That's what I'm hoping for. I like how they expanded upon the tournament fights, so I'm expecting cool thing this time around. Also it just occurred to me, the pretty rad second season is going to end on the hyped fight of all. Mineta vs. Apathy!

ahdurian

so we all know there are Best Boy and Best Girl arguments, but let's start one more!

Best Hero / Villain Costume

For Hero, I've become really fond of Bakugo's, in terms of the asthetics as well as how well planned out it actually seems to be. Throughout the anime / manga, they talked about his actual thought process on the Grenadier arms and how they help him get around his limit, and as well as the mini-grenades are not just for show.

For Villain, gotta give it to AFO, for just how it gives me the heebie jeebies

FlowersisBritish

so we all know there are Best Boy and Best Girl arguments, but let's start one more!

Best Hero / Villain Costume

For Hero, I've become really fond of Bakugo's, in terms of the asthetics as well as how well planned out it actually seems to be. Throughout the anime / manga, they talked about his actual thought process on the Grenadier arms and how they help him get around his limit, and as well as the mini-grenades are not just for show.

For Villain, gotta give it to AFO, for just how it gives me the heebie jeebies

I am probably the only person in the world that likes Deku's costume better with the rabbit hood and weird smile mask on.

Also for best villain is easily Toga Mr. Compress. I really like his colors and I love his mask. I have a huge weakness for flat masks like that. The mask dude from Black Bullet was the only reason I ever even glanced at that show.

NSESN

I like how Kirishima stood up on his own. But the best part of the chapter was Rappa telling Tengai that the barrier wouldn't hold up, best minor villain so far, I will miss him.

Top Bottom