• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o2_250.gif
tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o3_250.gif

tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o4_250.gif
tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o5_250.gif

tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o6_250.gif
tumblr_lvo0pf0yBf1qhy6c9o7_250.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Looks like PonyArchive got shutdown by Hasbro, wonder if they're going to go after YouTube videos next.

McNum

Looks like PonyArchive got shutdown by Hasbro, wonder if they're going to go after YouTube videos next.
Eh, I'm not surprised. They made a big target of themselves, and when a Cease and Desist arrives, the correct response is ceasing and desisting not what basically boils down to "Neener, neener, can't touch us!" Because, if they've gotten so far as to send the C&D then yeah, they probably can.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, Ponyarchive went about it in the totally wrong way. You have to accept that no company will accept a site like that. Unless you're the BBC (Well, Top Gear crew) and you do constant shout-outs to finalgear.com which hosts torrents of Top Gear episodes within an hour of airing on the BBC.

Which makes you wonder if ED could host torrents and develop a similar partnership with Hasbro...

McNum

Yeah, Ponyarchive went about it in the totally wrong way. You have to accept that no company will accept a site like that. Unless you're the BBC (Well, Top Gear crew) and you do constant shout-outs to finalgear.com which hosts torrents of Top Gear episodes within an hour of airing on the BBC.

Which makes you wonder if ED could host torrents and develop a similar partnership with Hasbro...
Eh, I do not envy Hasbro on this one. What do you do when your half hour toy commercial goes viral? Very viral? One one hand, you get to indoctrinate an unexpected demographic: Young adult males. Which, to be fair, isn't really the target, but these men could be, or may become fathers of small girls. And getting the father to vouch for the girl toy? Awesome. So, Hasbro the toy company has an interest in keeping the brony fathers around.

But Hasbro the licensing company cannot allow any unauthorized copy that they know of of the show to be left online. They have licenses to protect. To the Hub, to Boomerang, to iTunes. If they see it, they have to act. Basic IP law, if I remember right. So what does Hasbro do? It's a tricky situation. By the book, it's easy: Search and destroy. But how will that affect the sale of small plastic ponies?

I think Hasbro so far as played it smart. Attack all you officially see... but don't look too hard. But if Hasbro says no, then the YouTube videos disappear. And that's that. Well, then it becomes a game of cat and mouse like most other shows that are on YouTube, but shouldn't be.

I'd love to see Equestria Daily to land maybe a delayed SD distribution right, but that's really, really wishful thinking. Would be nice, though.

PBalfredo

Profiles in Friendship by Princess Celestia
The Filly with the Dragon Cutie Mark
Are You There Celestia? It's Me, Marigold.
How to Make Friends and Influence Ponies
Carrot Soup for the Blank Flank's Soul
Goodnight Luna
To Heal a Mockingbird: A Veterinarian's Guide

PBalfredo

How about filling Twilight's library with some of the skill books from Fallout: Equestria?

Applied Gemstones
Sword Mare comics
Tender Loving Care for Totally Lost Causes
Big Book of Arcane Sciences
Principles of Proper Pony Speech

Wasteland Survival Guide by Ditzy Doo

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Book suggestions I PMed.
Paleopony Park

Of Mules and Mares - F. Trot Fitzgerald

A Brief History of Equestria (should be largest book in Library) - Griffon Hawking

Harry Trotter

A Tale of Two Fillies

Sailor Luna (comics section)

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Ponies

Cleared for Takeoff - A Beginners Guide To Flying (< name of one of my pilot books)

How To Train Your Dragon

Two clearly inappropriate ones I thought of but didn't submit.

Human Farm
Mein Clop

LuffyZoro

The Canterlot Tales
Luna Shrugged
Dapple Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Celestia's Guide to Equine Anatomy
Mare of the Rings
The Ponimist (play off The Alchemist, but didn't work that well)

Link Man

Banned
I also submitted this via PM:

Adorn Your Horn: A Filly's Guide to Unicorn Fashion

Also, it seems G-Fex is finding a new appreciation of MLP.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
all of it is reaching.

pinkie pie is a triangle because she's.... pink.
rainbow dash is an upside down gay pride flag rather than just being, you know, a rainbow.
rarity has no relationship with the asexual pride flag at all.
a 4 colour twilight has no matching colours with a 3 colour flag but because neither of them clash horribly they're 'identical'
applejack worst pony
transexual butterfly's? what?

Orcastar

Holy crap, I was slightly disappointed at the number of responses I got for the book thing on the last page, but now you guys are flooding me! Love ya all!

I didn't tell you to stop!

blamite

Holy crap, I was slightly disappointed at the number of responses I got for the book thing on the last page, but now you guys are flooding me! Love ya all!

I didn't tell you to stop!

Here, have some more. (I don't think I've seen these posted yet)

Little Fillies
Jane Mare
Around the World in 80 Neighs
The Diary of a Nopony
Their Eyes Were Watching Celestia

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Too much for me to read over to know if I'm treading on other people's territory, but here's 5 minutes of thinkin:

The Mare of the Rings: The Fillyship of the Ring
The Mare of the Rings: The Two Stables
The Mare of the Rings: The Return of the Colt

Fillyship Down
As I Hay Dying
Huckleberry Punch
The Great Derpsby
The Old Mare And The Sea Pony
The Autobiography of an Ex-Magic Mare
Invisible Mare
Celestia Shrugged

Cheerilee

I don't want to buy the single out-of-sequence DVD, because I don't think it'll send Shout Factory the right message, and I don't even want it, and it most likely won't even come with a survey card. Petitions are also useless. So I decided to make my own survey card. And Shout Factory has an address.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/contact.aspx

Send us letters and chocolate:
2034 Armacost Ave, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Since they ask for chocolate, that's exactly what they're going to get. I'm gonna love and tolerate the shit out of Shout Factory and send them some chocolates, along with a note that says that I want MLP:FIM S1 on BluRay and that I have money.

Cheerilee

Canada has gotten exclusive DVD and even BluRay sets the US didn't, so I'm holding out hope we can get the same thing (like Avengers EMH COMPLETE SEASON on BLUERAY when the US has only gotten partial DVD volumes).

Shout Factory has the North American MLP rights. They'll definitely include both Canada and USA if they have a chance.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Too much for me to read over to know if I'm treading on other people's territory, but here's 5 minutes of thinkin:

The Mare of the Rings: The Fillyship of the Ring
The Mare of the Rings: The Two Stables
The Mare of the Rings: The Return of the Colt

The Ponyrillion

The Simareillion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom