• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

It's not just that. I realised while watching this ep why she's one of my least favourite ponies - because she's a goddamn idiot. Seriously, she can't take care of kids, she's oblivious to signs of irritation and annoyance and outright ignores someone telling her to go away. I'm surprised she hasn't killed herself in an household accident at this point.

She can't die.
She doesn't exist in the universe as a physical being.
She has evolved far beyond that.

UberTag

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say best Pinkie episode (seeing her get tormented by toddlers was just too much fun) but Smile was easily the best Pinkie Pie musical number. I've never really been won over by her various nursery rhyme riffs but this original song was just pure unadulterated fun.

Theonik

This episode was great. Pinkie's physics defying movement still remains a mystery for me. That mare knows no bounds.
Why are we spoiler-tagging anyway? This never was a case in older episode discussions. Only time we spoiler-tag last week was because it was leaked earlier than usual schedule.
Don't know but I'm kind of grateful because I accidentally opened this thread forgetting the episode had just aired before I had a chance to watch it earlier. Lucky!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CN4OT.gif

Need that damn Transformers watermark to disappear.

I CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH IT NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRRRRYYYY.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The one that is preventing me from making .gifs of any other scene besides this one (because it's right before the commercial break).

Darte

Think "Smile Smile Smile" will be the "Winter Wrap Up" esque song for me this season (in terms of the song playing in my head non stop). Really lifted my mood on this dreary rainy day here.

:)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Song rankings this season....

Find A Pet > Hearts and Hooves > Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 60000 > Smile Song > Becoming Popular > Hearth Warming Eve

Song rankings this season....

Find A Pet > Hearts and Hooves > Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 60000 > Smile Song > Becoming Popular > Hearth Warming Eve

I don't normally call people out like this, but that's a horrible ranking and you should feel bad.

Smile > Becoming Popular > There Were Other Songs This Season?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't normally call people out like this, but that's a horrible ranking and you should feel bad.

Smile > Becoming Popular > There Were Other Songs This Season?

How could you not like the Hearts and Hooves song, or the Flim Flam Brothers song? Find a Pet wins just because it was a really neat mix of different styles (and sung by the master race).

I never got the love for the Flim Flam song. I was checking the time wondering when it would be over partway through it.

Other than that, It's just that Smile and Rarity's song are the only ones I would listen to again on my own time, as opposed to Giggle At the Ghostly, Winter Wrap Up, Art of the Dress, Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Song, You Gotta Share, At the Gala.

Season 2 is getting it's ass kicked by Season 1 in the song department, sorry to say.

Of course, this could all be bias from how much I listened to the S1 songs during the break between seasons >_>

brian577

Banned
1. The Perfect Stallion (Daniel Ingram's name for the song)
2. Smile Smile Smile
3. Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
4. Becoming Popular
5. Equestrian Anthem
6. Find a Pet

I haven't been rewatching episodes a whole lot lately, so I'm a bit rusty with regards to a lot of the newer songs, but I'll generally agree that "Find a Pet Song" and "The Perfect Stallion" are towards the top, while that song at the end of "Hearth's Warming Eve" is fairly solidly at the bottom (seriously, I barely remember a lick of that, and what I do remember I found overly sappy).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I can't remember the Christmas song. And I completely forgot there was even a song in the Valentines ep.

Can't recall either of them :lol

Becoming Popular > * Don't even want to rank the others

about half of smile makes me want to say it's the shittiest song so far, but then there's parts where it makes up for that. To explain further, it felt the closest to a G1 song or like the new strawberry shortcake series type of songs, or any kind of normal crappy "little kids" song. But like I said, it made up for that and as a whole it's not a bad song.

about half of smile makes me want to say it's the shittiest song so far

E0Nr4.png

Edit: Oh, you explained yourself.

Well, I can see where you're coming from.

But basically you're complaining about it being girly or kiddy.

Keep in mind: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, a song being sung by Pinkie Pie. The show may be good, but it's still very girly and kiddy.

E0Nr4.png

Edit: Oh, you explained yourself.

Well, I can see where you're coming from.

But basically you're complaining about it being girly or kiddy.

Keep in mind: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, a song being sung by Pinkie Pie. The show may be good, but it's still very girly and kiddy.
using the whole disney song thing, disney has tons and tons of songs that are for little kids, but aren't what-i-said-earlier. It's hard to explain. Smile felt souless and "dialed-in" but then either the chorus or the parts that aren't the chorus did some great things that made me go "oh that's why I didn't think the song was shitty at first" there's like a few bland parts that if that was all I heard from the song, I'd think it was shit.

Violet_0

Banned
the song works much better with the visuals (same is true for Find a Pet)

if you're just listening to the music, it might be a tad bland

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Brian Wilson approved of this weeks song. You all should too.

Chuck gets me on this and that's all that matters

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I love the Flim Flam song because it's so untypical vs. girlie shit - it's an obvious selling song that's pretty much almost a villain song for the series, and we all know Villain Songs >>>>> Anything.

Theonik

You know, I just realized in this song that the Flim Flam Brothers seem to make a distinction between a horse and a pony.

Are we gonna see horses in a future episode? Or are the Pega-corns full-bred horses and the rest of the denizens of Equestria ponies? Or am I reading too much into this?
Well in this episode we got several non-pony species. Before that Zecora is the only one I can think of.

judhudson

Man, according to Pinkie's smile song...it seems like the ratio of female ponies to male ponies is way off - like 15 females to every male.

Sblargh

Banned
I really hated the episode, I think it is the only one I actively disliked.
Pinkie Pie spends half the episode destroying this guy life, then Deus Ex Machina makes her a hero. It's not like she changed her attitude or seemed to actually learn anything. She just bullies this poor old suffering donkey into a psychological hell and then "oh, here's the love of your life".

Top Bottom