• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Good episode. I do wish Rainbow Dash had been there though. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy interactions have been amazing this season.

A good episode, but I'm not sure I want to be more assertive. <_<

I can't help but think the mailman was originally going to be Derpy....
Given that he got several lines, I kind of doubt that they had originally planned Derpy for that role. (Although where was she? I missed her this time.)

Whogie

Derpy has never been a mailman. I don't know why fans always draw her as such.
Did she appear at all?
(Edit: She's in it twice. In the crowd at Iron Will's seminar, and by the cherry stand.)

Terrific episode. One of the funniest in a while.

She works (worked?) at the moving company.

MLP+-+15+-+Feeling+Pinkie+Keen.avi_snapshot_11.21_%255B2011.10.25_22.54.31%255D.jpg

That's it, bag your bags, the series has clearly jumped the shark. The writers have ran out of ideas and are just gonna rehash plots from older generations from now on. Oh well, we had a good run.
Spike-playing-piano-1986-2011-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-27920443-343-563.jpg

On the topic of the episode: When Fluttershy was on the bridge with with BonBon and that other pony, she could have just flown over them.

What a bitch.

Orcastar

Great episode. Not quite as good as the last one, but still great. Pinkie pulling a Bugs Bunny twice was a nice shout-out.

It's really starting to seem like they saved all the best episodes to the end of the season. If the episode descriptions are anything to go by, the next two should be amazing too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bitchy Fluttershy is the best Fluttershy.

Sciz

Bleeeeeh. Iron Will was pretty great, but for god's sake, stop letting Merriweather Williams write episodes.

Bleeeeeh. Iron Will was pretty great, but for god's sake, stop letting Merriweather Williams write episodes.

FiM writing credits: The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Hearth's Warming Eve and Putting Your Hoof Down.

Two decent episodes and the worst one in the entire series.

Ehh...

Did she appear at all?
(Edit: She's in it twice. In the crowd at Iron Will's seminar, and by the cherry stand.)

tumblr_m0c3ipNmDV1r224kfo1_250.png

Her bag buckle is a muffin.

(I also liked Lyra and BonBon at a table together in the market)

blamite

Pretty great episode I thought. Pinkie Pie's a great secondary character, it lets her have her wackiness without getting too grating. And of course Fluttershy's always great. Anyone else find it really creepy when she tied herself up in her house? That was weird. I also thought it was funny to see Pinkie and Rarity hanging out after Last Roundup, heh. And a good lesson about the dangers of rhyming catchphrases and talking in third person.

Next 3 weeks sound great too, it's too bad the season is almost over...

Mazre

Is it just me or was there an Incredible Hulk homage? Fluttershy sees her reflection/realizes she's the monster, cue soft piano with Fluttershy walking slowly towards the background (when she enters her cottage.)

Upon watching the episode a second time, I laughed pretty hard near the end when Iron Will appears at fluttershy's cottage and breaks the fuck out of fourth wall and looks directly at the audience. Pinkie's and Rarity's reaction was hilarious.

It would have been better if Pinkie didn't notice anything strange about what he was doing though.

Rarity's way of being assertive, treat men like tools.

So My Little Pony is an accurate representation of real life then.

In honor of the episode Dragon Quest, you guys should totally put "Sea Prince and the Fire Child" somewhere into the synchtube rotation. It's a 1981 fairy tale from Sanrio (the Hello Kitty people), with music by Koichi Sugiyama, the guy who would later become famous for making the music for Dragon Quest (the videogame).

It really has nothing at all to do with Dragon Quest or My Little Pony, but making sense is overrated.

Sounds neat, too bad I never have Saturday off. When the episode was announced I figured I'll be hearing the DQ Theme in my head as I watch the episode

Bitchy Fluttershy is the best Fluttershy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ays5DP1m1JQ

Is it just me or was there an Incredible Hulk homage? Fluttershy sees her reflection/realizes she's the monster, cue soft piano with Fluttershy walking slowly towards the background (when she enters her cottage.)

I actually just got a comment for my Flutterhulk video, mentioning this. It's clearly not just you.

Anyway, this was a solid episode. I was expecting Fluttershy to turn grey since she was really straight outta Return of Harmony.

And does anyone else think Iron Will is basically Trixie 2.0. Better in every conceivable way? (I don't hate Trixie, I was just never as crazy for her as some of the fandom is)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
damned racist dirt ponies calling iron will a monster when he did nothing wrong.
Rarity i can see because she's vain as fuck but wtf pinkie pie.

Seriously, the dirt ponies in this episode were as close as you can get to despicable without infringing on an apple patent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
But that's not related to mail though.

Then again it is the stupid fandom.

If Derpy had been the mailpony in that episode, and not done anything clumsy, there would have been zero backlash over the voice. Not to mention the fandom woudl have gone nuts over Pinkie giving Derpy cake.

Great episode.
I love Iron Will character, amazing tribute to the eye of the tiger, amazing flutterbitch, and amazing Rarity and Pinkie combo.
Also the goats :lol
And angel was also great. Lol at the bitchslap at the start :O

McNum

So, anyone else love that the Iron Will has his seminar at the center of a maze?
But of course he did. I didn't even notice, but where else would a minotaur hold a confidence seminar?

I'm beginning to think that Fluttershy's shyness isn't so much that she's afraid of other ponies. She afraid of herself. Looks like when Fluttershy stops holding back, she just gets scary. And bitchy. And she doesn't like that part of herself.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
But of course he did. I didn't even notice, but where else would a minotaur hold a confidence seminar?

Imagine the thought process with the writers.

"So have the Minotaur do his thing in the town square"

"Nah, center of a maze, all little girls know minotaurs hang out at the center of mazes."

I'm beginning to think that Fluttershy's shyness isn't so much that she's afraid of other ponies. She afraid of herself. Looks like when Fluttershy stops holding back, she just gets scary. And bitchy. And she doesn't like that part of herself.

We need a Pony version of "Mystery Men" with Fluttershy as Ms. Furious.

Top Bottom