• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 6 |OT| Six seasons and a movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts on the episodes revealed so far:

Episode 3 (Maud Pie one): Between the apparently more frequent appearances of Trixie (she looks like she's going to be in episode 1 and 2) and the premise for this episode it looks like the show appears to be shifting towards giving several of the popular secondary characters more love by putting them in more "accessible" locations. Before season 6 it was distracting have someone like Trixie show up in an episode without an explanation because she didn't live in the area and didn't have any relationships with anyone in Ponyville. Whenever she would appear it would be some massive deal which meant that it was hard for her to appear in an episode unless she was one of the main characters. Now that Trixie (and assuming she moves Maud) have legitimate reasons to be in Ponyville they can appear in scenes in later episodes without drawing too much attention to their presence. MLP has a plethora of well-received secondary characters and ones that haven't really gotten a whole lot of love through the seasons and now that the show is getting into its later years and most of the main cast have already achieved or are nearly achieving what their life goal is and generally don't have too much more room to grow I think that they're going to make a more concentrated effort to show off their secondary characters more.

Episode 4: I just hope that the episode isn't Baby Cakes: Alicorn Edition. (Not getting my hopes up)

Episode 5: Fluttershy has career dreams? Sounds like a good enough premise but we''ll have to see how it's handled

Episode 6: Rarity hasn't had a good showing since Rarity Investigates so I'm hopeful that this one will deliver. Rarity/Sweetie Belle episodes have been incredible so far so there's a good track record in place for this to also be great. It's got a great concept so here's to hoping the writer is up to the task.

Episode 7: This has inexperienced/poor writer all over it. I feel like this is going to be Family Appreciation Day all over again. It's possible this might not be bad but I don't have high expectations for this one.

Episode 8: What no one seems to be mentioning about this episode is that the love interest is Sugar Belle. She normally lives halfway across Equestria in the middle of nowhere so it looks like the members of Starlight's old town are going to make another appearance. Given that the episode features Big Mac and the CMC I'm guessing it's Sugar Belle making a visit to Ponyville. (possibly alone possibly with the rest of the gang) Whatever the scenario is it's cool to see them bringing back those characters and potentially giving them a fairly important role in an episode or 2.

Just watched the trailer, and yeah, not much to go off of, besides the fact that I don't like the super glittery logo. The bit we saw of the pegasi and Twilight flying looked nice. The animation looked a bit off, which I thought was video compression at first, but it turns out there's an explanation.

Capture.PNG

Rebecca Dart is the art director. She goes on to say that if this trailer was shown to her, she wouldn't have approved it.

High resolution version of the poster
April%2B6%2BPoster%2BFINAL.jpg

So I was watching the Rainbowdash Presents of My Little Dashie (the flimflam re-imagining of it, if you will), and decided to check out the original. I wasn't sure if The Bat who Lived or the Jokermort were actually in the fic.

Turns out, no.

I didn't get too far in before I noped out, but it's strange to think that story got so big. Without a Jokermort, it wasn't what I'd call engaging.

PaulloDEC

Just watched the trailer, and yeah, not much to go off of, besides the fact that I don't like the super glittery logo. The bit we saw of the pegasi and Twilight flying looked nice. The animation looked a bit off, which I thought was video compression at first, but it turns out there's an explanation.

Capture.PNG

Rebecca Dart is the art director. She goes on to say that if this trailer was shown to her, she wouldn't have approved it.

So I'm guessing this stuff about 8-bit/16-bit conversion is why some of the characters look like they've had an overzealous bevel/emboss effect applied to them?

Other than that, the tiny snippets of animation look great to me. The shot near the beginning of the three pegasi looping the loop is really fluid and lovely, as is the next bit with Twilight. Pinkie's bits look suitably bouncy and expressive too.

Definitely a big step up from the show. It's hard to tell exactly what's going on with the highlights/shadows (partly due to the out-of-context nature of the clips and partly due to the aforementioned conversion issues) but they seem quite detailed.

So I was watching the Rainbowdash Presents of My Little Dashie (the flimflam re-imagining of it, if you will), and decided to check out the original. I wasn't sure if The Bat who Lived or the Jokermort were actually in the fic.

Turns out, no.

I didn't get too far in before I noped out, but it's strange to think that story got so big. Without a Jokermort, it wasn't what I'd call engaging.

I'm unfamiliar with most of the things you just talked about, but "My Little Dashie" is that creepy-ass fanfic about Dash appearing in the real world, right? Yuck, no thanks.

I'm unfamiliar with most of the things you just talked about, but "My Little Dashie" is that creepy-ass fanfic about Dash appearing in the real world, right? Yuck, no thanks.

Rainbow Dash Presents is an animated (mostly still images) fan series that adapts and makes fun of bad MLP fan fics, and it has a running theme of replacing human characters with monkeys. In the "My Little Dashie" parody, it replaced the human character with The Joker as a monkey, and thus also included Batman as a monkey, both with slightly different names.

Anyway, "My Little Dashie" got so popular mainly because it was the first of its kind. People had low standards for fan fiction at the start of the fandom, because everything got bonus points for being unique. It made people overlook things like how creepy the main character is, and how Dashie acts nothing like Rainbow Dash, etc. and get caught up in the emotional manipulation. This and a lot of early fics also followed the theme that our world was horrible and the pony world was pure and too good for us, which appealed to a lot of social outcasts in the early fandom. I never read it myself, precisely because the premise didn't appeal to me.

Anyway, back to the teaser. It got me to think about those old anime Twilight gifs, but after digging them up again, they actually don't look that much alike. While still quite nice, I feel like they aren't as impressive as they used to be.
Twilight animation (the different sections were typically posted separately)
The ponies reflected in Twilight's eyes
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

By the way, this user actually did upload a pony thing recently, but it was actually just them clearing out old files.

EDIT: Oh hey, art from episode descriptions already!
Specific to Derpibooru
bydjkaskan1491513446407.jpeg

Fat4all

Banned
Oh yeah, sigma. If you needed anything photoshopped together for the upcoming thread, I don't mind helping out.

I get bored at work.

PaulloDEC

Giffed up the poniest parts of the teaser.

Weird image effects aside (especially on Dash for some reason) I really do like the animation a lot.

Also, Twilight rocking crown number #3. Girl goes through crowns.

The shading problems, now that they've been pointed out, make it hard to enjoy the gifs on their own.

Oh yeah, sigma. If you needed anything photoshopped together for the upcoming thread, I don't mind helping out.

I get bored at work.

It would be nice to have a header image related to the movie, with the movie logo (not glittery) and movie designs for the Main Six, thanks.

Draft of next OT OP

(previous header version)
wSwdgR5.png

Teaser trailer
Release date: October 6, 2017
Director: Jayson Thiessen (show director of Friendship is Magic)
Writers: Meghan McCarthy (former head writer of Friendship is Magic), Rita Hsiao (assistant writer for multiple Disney movies)
Produced by: Hasbro Studios, Allspark Pictures, DHX Media/Vancouver
Distributed by: Lionsgate

Guest stars:
Emily Blunt - Tempest Shadow
Zoe Saldana - Captain Celaeno
Michael Peña - Grubber
Liev Schreiber - The Storm King
Kristin Chenoweth - Princess Skystar
Uzo Aduba - Queen Novo
Taye Diggs - Capper
Sia - Songbird Serenade

In order to stop a threat to the town of Ponyville, the "Mane Six" – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity – must leave their home kingdom of Equestria, meeting new friends and overcoming challenges in the process.
My Little Pony the Movie is finally here! Well, in six months as of thread creation. This movie is based on the Friendship is Magic TV series, and every character from there will have the same voice actor as in the show.

To be clear, there have been four direct to video movies that tie into Friendship is Magic, the Equestria Girls series, which had limited runs in theaters, but this is the first wide release My Little Pony film since the one in the 80s. There's probably no Smooze (though a cameo is possible), but in exchange, we'll have our favorite dwarf horses and the animated return of seaponies! A teaser is available above, though note it doesn't fully reflect how the movie looks.

Oh, but there's still plenty to look forward to before that. For one thing, season 7! This thread will mainly focus on that, but it will also include movie discussion once it comes out. GAF probably isn't interested enough for a separate thread, and when a thread is made for the full movie trailer, people can use that for "non-brony" discussion of the movie if they wish.

Unusually, season 7 will not start with a multi-parter, but rather with two stand-alone episodes. We know little about the general direction of the season, but there will likely be something leading into the movie, and the comics imply that big things are coming.

Besides all that, three half-hour Equestria Girls TV specials will release this year, first on Netflix then on Discovery Family. IDW is continuing the main Friendship is Magic comic series with issues that supposedly tie into season 7. They have dropped the Friends Forever series, but are starting Legends of Magic to take its place, which tells stories about Equestria's past, and are releasing a movie prequel miniseries.

GETTING STARTED
There probably isn't too much danger is just starting the series from the newest episode, but if you're uncomfortable with that, then good news, we made an episode guide! Unfortunately, we don't have a guide for season 6 yet. If you don't want to watch over 143 episodes, or have fallen behind and want to quickly catch up, watch the episodes we've recommended. Note that in the interest of keeping the number of recommended episodes down, there are several good episodes that have been left off. If you like a character, just look for episodes tagged with that character and watch them regardless of if they're recommended or not.

Also of note are the Equestria Girls movies, described in the above guide, and the comics published by IDW. The comics are a mixed bag, but there's a lot to like.

PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY

Season 6 recap
Look back: Season 6

After turning the evil Starlight Glimmer to the side of good, Twilight Sparkle took her under her wing as a student, teaching her the magic of friendship, though both learned from the process. During this, Princess Cadance gave birth to Flurry Heart, destroyer of worlds; and Starlight made a new friend. In the Crystal Empire, Spike befriended a changeling named Thorax, who then discovered that by being openly friendly to others, he no longer had to feed on love.

In the season finale, Starlight and Trixie visited the village the former used to rule over, but she was overwhelmed by anxiety when she was asked to help plan an event, and ran back to Ponyville. There, she discovered that all of her friends were replaced by changelings, and she formed a team made up of her, Trixie, Thorax, and Discord to confront Queen Chrysalis in her hive. They managed to overcome the power of her throne, which counters all non-changeling magic (including Discord's) when Thorax released all the love energy he had built up. By willingly giving love, Thorax transformed into a colorful and hole-free changeling king, and the other changelings followed his lead to become their true selves. Queen Chrysalis, however, chose to remain the way she was and fled. In the end, Starlight got over her anxiety over being a leader.

Other things that happened include:
* The sins of season 2's "Dragon Quest" were purged by "Gauntlet of Fire" introducing female dragons, making dragon society more complex, and actually being a good Spike episode. Plus, it had a tsundere dragon princess.
* Rainbow Dash is officially a Wonderbolt! And what a great one she is!
* Rarity opened a new shop in Manehattan, and a new dance craze was started.
* Fluttershy has a sudden brother. In a twist, he's a younger brother yet still an adult. He's something.
* Oh, and it looks like Trixie is finally a regular character now!

AND NOW
Following Starlight's success at leading her group to defeat Chrysalis, Twilight believes that she no longer has to be her student. She turns to Celestia for advice about what to do next. After that... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The season premiere isn't even a multi-parter (a first for this series), and thus far, we don't have a clear idea what the season will bring. Comics have been announced that tie into season 7, which point toward the history of Equestria being a major theme, and there will be likely something that sets up the movie, but we know little for certain. We don't even know if Starlight stays in Twilight's castle. And the toy tie-ins are all focused on the movie, so no clues there. It's actually pretty refreshing.

7Net4Yr.png

EpisodeGuide.png

New episodes air at 11:30 AM EDT on Saturdays on Discovery Family, and are usually put up on iTunes the next day. Seasons 1-6 can be found on iTunes and US Netflix. Episode descriptions for new episodes are taken from Zap2It and press releases.

1. Celestial Advice - April 15
Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer's future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia.

2. All Bottled Up - April 15
While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle's friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.

3. A Flurry of Emotions - April 22
After planning a jam-packed day, Twilight Sparkle also agrees to babysit her niece, Flurry Heart. But with Flurry Heart along for the ride, Twilight Sparkle struggles to maintain her title as 'The Best Aunt Ever' while keeping Flurry Heart out of trouble!

4. Rock Solid Friendship - April 29
When Pinkie Pie learns that Maud might move to Ponyville, she does everything she can to make sure her sister sees that it has more to offer than just rocks.

5. Fluttershy Leans In - May 6
Fluttershy is determined to make her career dreams come true with the help of some very special ponies. But when her true vision is not being executed properly, she must find a way to stand up and fight for her ideas.

6. Forever Filly - May 13
When Rarity surprises Sweetie Belle with a special day together filled with all of her favorite activities, she quickly learns that her little sister is no longer the little foal she used to be.

7. Parental Glideance - May 20
When Rainbow Dash's parents discover she's a Wonderbolt, they show up at every event to cheer her on. However, their unabashed enthusiasm proves to be rather embarrassing and pushes Rainbow Dash to the brink.

8. Hard to Say Anything - May 27
When the Cutie Mark Crusaders discover that Big Mac has his first crush, they vow to help him win Sugar Belle's heart before Feather Bangs does it first.
(voted most likely to cause a fandom freakout)

Rules.png

This thread is for the discussion of all official media content, including Equestria Girls and the IDW comics, along with news and speculation. For general fandom discussion, including fan-made episodes, you can go to the Community thread.
* Episode titles and official synopses can be freely discussed, along with things tweeted by show crew and such.
* If an episode or movie information is leaked or made available early (some episodes have been put on iTunes early), discussion of it should be behind spoiler bars until after it normally airs, and you should state that you are discussing that episode early instead of just having a blacked out post.
* Fan works (art, music) are fine to post, but it's preferred if you only post works related to the most recent episodes. General fanworks or works based on earlier episodes should go to the Community thread.
* Something a few posters (including myself) have done is create bingo cards for the season. So the thread doesn't get clogged up by them, only embed the images if you get a bingo. Otherwise, just link them.

Links.png

Season 1 Thread
Season 2 Thread
Season 3 Thread
Season 4 Thread
Season 5 Thread
Season 6 Thread
Community Thread
Movie Announcement Thread

Fan community links
Equestria Daily - The most active fan blog dedicated to MLP:FiM. It can be a bit hasty in posting rumors, but it is the best place to find news and fanworks at the same time. Like any big blog, avoid the comments.
Derpibooru - The biggest collection of MLP:FiM related images online. They block NSFW images, but sometimes things slip through, so it is unlinked. Avoid the comments.
The Round Stable - The best dedicated forum for MLP:FiM discussion, founded by those who left Something Awful when MLP discussion became a bannable offense there. There is a main page, but it's dead now. It also runs Bronibooru, a site similar to Derpibooru, but dedicated to only uploading family-friendly images.
MLP:FiM Wikia - The better source for pure information on the show and its characters.

Credit to Fat4all and DrForester for custom images
pinkie_leape8s6g.gif
pinkie_hophes17.gif

PaulloDEC

Just watched this. I think I hate the new animation. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't look right. Everything is maybe too shiny.

Edit: Just read the explanation above. No shadows = super bright characters.

Though even then, they're maybe over animated. Something is still off.

There's definitely stuff going on with the look of the characters that I don't think is intentional. You can see it most clearly on Dash; it's as if someone has applied bevel effects to add depth, but it just makes the characters look like those puffy 3D stickers.

I think everything else looks great though. It reminds me a little of this shot from the first Equestria Girls:

dancegsse2.gif

It's clearly the same style as the rest of the film, but if you've seen the whole thing you know there's no other part with this many custom poses or unique flourishes. Extra time was spent on that shot, and it shows.

Edited the header image. Thanks again for the initial work, Fat4all.
wSwdgR5.png

Oh, and that Rarity short that was leaked in Greek earlier is online now in English. It aired on Discovery Family, and was announced about 20 minutes before it did. In it, Rarity gives fashion advice. The animation is recycled, but they modify and repurpose it well, and the voice acting is all new, all Tabitha.

Japanese blog says descriptions for seasons 3-5 are on Japanese Netflix, but not the episodes themselves yet, implying that they are getting dubbed after all. There's no follow up on the blog itself, as far as I can tell (with the following entries focusing on what appears to be an MLP fanfiction), but ED's Nightly Roundup claims they are up now, and that seasons 6 and 7 will be dubbed too to tie into the movie. When seasons 1 and 2 aired on TV, someone actually fansubbed the dub, and I thought it was interesting; I made posts about them on Toon Zone. It's a shame there probably isn't enough interest for fansubs to be made again. I can only find raw versions of the movies.

For the record, Japanese Netflix was been getting dubs of the Equestria Girls movies for a while already. Apparently, they have not been dubbing the songs, so they probably haven't for the episodes either. Also, Sunset Shimmer's Japanese VA is apparently Ami Koshimizu (Holo in Spice & Wolf, Kallen in Code Geass, etc.).

Discovery Family has been releasing promos each day with the Mane Six getting excited about the start of season 7. Animation is recycled, but the voice acting is new. 5 days away, and 4 days away (featuring time warped library). If it continues the theme of one character from the previous promo telling the next about it, that would be cute.

Michael Gagne is back to work on the MLP movie, after briefly working on the upcoming Spider-Man animated movie. Though it makes sense, I was a bit surprised to hear animation work is still going into the movie. This quote makes me hopeful:
And besides, I really enjoy working with the talented DHX team. I think people will be very surprised to see how good the film looks.

Someone made a random generator for a season 7 bingo card, for those who want to participate but don't have time to make one.

After finding out that a movie was coming to theaters, I decided to catch up on the series. Apparently I stopped watching in the middle of season 4 so there was a lot to catch up on. Overall the series is still as enjoyable as I remember. The latest season did feel pretty weak, not a huge problem though.

Also, I do hate superbaby.

After finding out that a movie was coming to theaters, I decided to catch up on the series. Apparently I stopped watching in the middle of season 4 so there was a lot to catch up on. Overall the series is still as enjoyable as I remember. The latest season did feel pretty weak, not a huge problem though.

Also, I do hate superbaby.

Glad to see you're still enjoying the series! Hopefully you can comment on season 7 as it airs. The weird thing about season 6 is that when I go back and list out what episodes I liked, it actually is about the same as the previous seasons. The difference appears to be how episodes were grouped, with a lot of weaker episodes coming one after the other. Plus, significant episodes like "The Times They Are a Changeling" were on the weak side, and while I liked "Newbie Dash", it upset a lot of people. So even though there were still a lot of good episodes, the season as a whole didn't come together as well.

As for Flurry Heart, nothing that can't be improved by time travel.
medium.png

So they've been really going all out promoting the premier of season 7. (Airing this Saturday) Similar to their Game of Thrones opener reference for Season 6, they've made one with a take on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Check it out here.

Additionally they've also dropped another teaser for the premier. (Although half of it is stuff we've already seen before) At this point we've probably seen about all the episode we're going to before it airs. I hope the episode ends up delivering because it's focusing on 2 characters that I feel could benefit from a strong showing. Celestia has rarely played an active role in an episode and based on the previews it looks like this might be her biggest appearance so far. (Not saying much because her pet Phoenix has had more attention in an episode then she has gotten) Twilight's role as teacher has been underwhelming so far. At this point it feels like Spike has been a more effective teacher then her so I'm hoping that this episode can help with that.

About that Fresh Prince parody, it's season 7 and we're still getting random season 1 Lunas?! The standing ponies were a bit creepy, but besides that and the Luna thing, it was pretty cute. As for the clip, it's too close to the actual episode for me to watch new ones.

Official recap of seasons 1-6, but it's really arbitrary. For example, it includes Discord's defeat, but not his turn to good. It includes Flurry Heart, but not the Royal Wedding or Crystal Empire. And it doesn't include "To Where and Back Again", despite the season 7 premiere being a direct follow up. I have no idea what it's trying to do.

Legends of Magic #1
This is the start of a brand new comic series. I'm not too keen on the premise, especially since it makes it less likely that we'll see unexpected team-ups of characters, but let's see if it works out. Wait, come to think of it, I'm surprised this is coming out before the final issue of Friends Forever.

Celestia's hair is interesting here. It's a compromise between the all-pink hair that fans use for young Celestia and Celestia's modern hairstyle, implying that Celestia's hair could have been all-pink when she was even younger. Young Luna looks about how one would expect, a tinier version of her season 1 design. An interesting thing pointed out by Silver Quill's review is that the credits page depicts Celestia with an all-pink mane, meaning it changed at some point. I'm not sure what that could mean.
celestias-01.png

Celestia and Luna's interactions were great. I like the integration of Trollestia into Young Celestia's personality. The story got less interesting once Luna opened up the portal and we got a bunch of "LOOK LOOK SHE'S GOING TO BE NIGHTMARE MOON" stuff, but it was still fun.
teasing_sister-01.png

The framing that these stories are legends written by Starswirl that may or may not be true is interesting.

Why do these issues still have previews for the very first issue of Strawberry Shortcake? Is that series even still going? As far as I can tell, it ended with #8 in 2016.

Overall, I liked this issue for its Celestia/Luna interactions, and the rest was alright. For now, this will still be a series where I check for positive reviews before buying the issue, though.

Official recap of seasons 1-6[/URL], but it's really arbitrary. For example, it includes Discord's defeat, but not his turn to good. It includes Flurry Heart, but not the Royal Wedding or Crystal Empire. And it doesn't include "To Where and Back Again", despite the season 7 premiere being a direct follow up. I have no idea what it's trying to do.

There's way too much important stuff that's happened in the show to be able to sum it up in 4 minutes, especially if you're just displaying show clips to tell the story. To a degree I think it would actually be useful to have an official summary of all the events so far so someone could feasibly watch an episode from the newer seasons and not be entirely lost, or for people that aren't super into the show or don't remember what's been happening to get a refresher. It's especially glaring though that they don't even reference Starlight by name and the two episodes that this is essentially advertising for are going to have a fairly hefty focus on her from the looks of things. I'm guessing that it's more of a celebration of some things that have happened so far rather then a serious attempt to catch people up to speed.

On to the comic I kinda feel like my initial concerns for the series as a whole were right on the mark. The major issues I had with the comic were that the story felt a little too pandery and out-of-line with the show (I think most people can agree that the alternate world with the evil people trying to turn Luna into Nightmare Moon is a bad idea) and that the whole story would have been much more interesting to me if it was an actually official part of the show's cannon and appeared in the show. Like seriously some sort of mini-series spanning from Celestia and Luna's early years up until Luna's banishment would be really cool to see. (Not getting my hopes up just saying it would be neat) As it stands though aside from the issues with the bad dudes I thought the comic was really fun. I liked the personalities for all the characters and thought the arc for Celestia was really good. Overall a promising start for the series and hopefully the rest of them can be somewhere near this ballpark of quality. (Although I'm still a bit skeptical)

PaulloDEC

I really enjoyed the comic (especially the art and colouring, just beautiful), but I'm not really sure what they were going for with the Luna/Nightmare Moon stuff.

It seems like they might be doing an origin story for the "Nightmare Forces" that the comics have tried to establish as the cause of Luna's turn. Previously they were shown as coming from the Moon (where I guess Luna left them after the Elements turned her back?) but I guess now we know they're from an alternate dimension? I dunno, maybe it's something different altogether.

Anyway, all the Celestia/Luna/Starswirl stuff made it well worthwhile overall.

Sciz

I just assume that Luna was cursed by the Elements for trying to use them wrong in the same way that we've seen happen three times in EQG now. Every time it's happened onscreen we get a fiendish, singleminded, and uninhibited version of the original person, i.e. the exact same thing Nightmare Moon was to Luna. She doesn't need a moral out by way of external nightmare parasites.

PaulloDEC

I just assume that Luna was cursed by the Elements for trying to use them wrong in the same way that we've seen happen three times in EQG now. Every time it's happened onscreen we get a fiendish, singleminded, and uninhibited version of the original person, i.e. the exact same thing Nightmare Moon was to Luna. She doesn't need a moral out by way of external nightmare parasites.

Luna doesn't use the Elements though; not when she turns, anyway. Celestia is the one who uses them to banish Luna.

I've never liked the attempt to attribute Luna's turn to external forces anyway; it's so much more interesting when the change comes entirely from within.

Sciz

Luna doesn't use the Elements though; not when she turns, anyway. Celestia is the one who uses them to banish Luna.

The idea admittedly hinges on assuming that that flashback isn't a wholly accurate representation of events, but given how sketchy the whole conceit of those episodes is, I don't think that's too much to ask.

I don't think the comic is trying to imply anything about the source of Nightmare Moon. It's a typical thing we see in prequels that involve a character that turns evil later. Some force is able to sense the future evil in that character and hints toward it a lot. We saw it in Star Wars: Clone Wars, for instance, where Anakin is presented with a vision of himself as Darth Vader but he loses his memory of it (or something, I didn't actually watch those episodes after hearing that's what happens). It's purely fanservice.

Movie news: MOVIE CLIPS WERE SHOWN AT THAILAND PONY CONVENTION 2017. Well, you sort of have to trust me on this, because ED actually took down the article they wrote about this after I saved the link. Three clips were shown: a different trailer with a Sia song, the opening scene (which is where the part with the pegasi in the teaser comes from), and a song. Apparently they also announced a fifth Equestria Girls movie there; perhaps we only got 30-minute specials this because of the theatrical movie.

And in less exciting but still nice news, the season premiere is likely written by Kristine Songco and Joanna Lewis, who did "Gauntlet of Fire" and "Top Bolt" among other episodes, and also the "Legend of Everfree" movie.

Made a revised version of the character guide to use season 6 vectors. I probably should add Starlight to it now, but I likely won't have time until after I make the next thread. By the way, next OT coming tomorrow evening!
Tjd67Zt.png

PaulloDEC

OT graphics looking good Sigma, though should mysterious-Pinkie-in-hat be layered above Twilight?

And I'm pretty jelly of the folks at the Thai con who got to see three goddamn pieces of the movie.

What's with the weird Rarity head floating next to Pinkie Pie?

Ha, that's pinball Rarity from... I wanna say "Gift of the Maud Pie"?

Alright, new topic coming in a bit! Also, I adjusted the episode guide so that Pinkie is layered above Twilight, which you'll see in the next OT.

medium.gif

A link will be edited in here, and I'll ask a mod to close this topic.
EDIT: New thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom