• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 6 |OT| Six seasons and a movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scttjhy.jpg

(gif source)
(larger map, source: The Art of Equestria)

My Little Pony returns after its shortest break between seasons thus far. Season 5 is widely considered to be one of the best of the show, so expectations are high for season 6. In this season, the balance of power is shifted as a new alicorn appears: Flurry Heart. Alliances will shift and bonds will be broken, as the arrival of the new princess also portents a never ending winter. Can Equestria survive the struggle for power between five princesses? Or will the fact that Flurry Heart is just a baby and directly related to two of the other princesses mean we'll just get adorable family bonding? Probably the latter.

Outside of that, the theme this year is "Explore Equestria", which is reflected by a greatly expanded world map that has popped up in official material recently. Both places we've seen before and brand new locations are on the menu, but we'll still get plenty of stories set in plain old Ponyville.

In addition to the show, the next Equestria Girls movie, "Legend of Everfree", will come in the fall. A new toyline of honest-to-god action figures, Guardians of Harmony, is coming later this year, and has a trademark for an animated series, which could mean... something. The IDW comics are continuing as normal. But the biggest thing to look forward to is that in late 2017, we're getting a full-fledged theatrical movie.

New episodes air at 11:30 AM ET on Saturdays, on Discovery Family.

GETTING STARTED
There probably isn't too much danger is just starting the series from the newest episode, but if you're uncomfortable with that, then good news, we made an episode guide! If you don't want to watch over 117 episodes, or have fallen behind and want to quickly catch up, watch the episodes we've recommended. Note that in the interest of keeping the number of recommended episodes down, there are several good episodes that have been left off. If you like a character, just look for episodes tagged with that character and watch them regardless of if they're recommended or not.

Also of note are the Equestria Girls movies, described in the above guide, and the comics published by IDW. The comics are a mixed bag, but there's a lot to like.

PREVIOUSLY ON MY LITTLE PONY

Season 5 recap
What I Learned This Other Time (Season 5)

Time travel shenanigans! After the heroes shut down Starlight Glimmer's experiment in Cutie Marxism in the season premiere, she returned for revenge against Twilight in the finale. Wishing to demonstrate to the princess that her friendships aren't actually important, she channeled the power of the map in Twilight's castle into a spell that altered the past, so that the main six never became friends. Twilight and Spike were then flung to an alternate present where, contrary to Starlight's expectations of a world that was roughly the same, Equestria was at war... with King Sombra and the Crystal Empire!

Twilight was able to use Starlight's spell to go to the past, but no matter what, she couldn't prevent the timeline from being altered. If she tried to fight Starlight, the past would be altered anyway. Not even being a creeper to children helped! (gif version) And with every failure, she and Spike would find themselves in a new present where a different villain has won... somehow (don't worry about it). Even these villains got in on the action! Summarized by this awesome fanart, and this.

Eventually, Twilight realized that her only recourse was to talk to Starlight. After learning of how her interfering with the past was wrecking the present, Starlight revealed how her childhood friend, Sunburst, left after he got his cutie mark. This is what started her on her dark path. After a speech from Twilight, Starlight was successfully friendshipped and turned over a new leaf.

But wait, more happened in season 5 than in the finale! For one thing,

The Cutie Mark Crusaders got their cutie marks! After helping Diamond Tiara understand the true meaning of hers, they got cutie marks forever connecting them, but with inner marks that reflect their individual skills. But even with their marks, they still have much left to understand about themselves.

Other things to note from season 5:
* Rarity opened a successful store in Canterlot, fulfilling her dream from the first episode.
* Rainbow Dash has flown with the Wonderbolts in a show, though she's still a reserve member and not part of the main team.
* Background characters have official personalities and voices now!
* Still no overt lesbians, but Lyra and Bon Bon are "best friends".
* Cadance is pregnant! Speaking of which...

AND NOW
Neither the season 5 premiere nor finale had major toy tie ins, so to make up for lost time, we have an alicorn baby! While Auntie Twilight and her friends help Cadance and Shining Armor wrangle with the newborn Princess Flurry Heart's uncontrollable magic, Starlight visits her old friend, Sunburst. However, the reunion doesn't turn out well. To make matters worse, something has happened to the environmental magic of the Crystal Empire, letting in an eternal winter.
* Will baby save the day?
* Will Starlight and Sunburst get along in the end?
* How will those storylines connect anyway?
* Will the Guardians of Harmony toys tie into the show?
* After five seasons, will Celestia finally get an episode? Probably not.

7Net4Yr.png

EpisodeGuide.png

New episodes air at 11:30 AM EDT on Saturdays on Discovery Family, and are usually put up on iTunes the next day. Seasons 1-5 can be found on iTunes and US Netflix. Episode descriptions for new episodes are taken from Zap2It.

1-2. The Crystalling - March 26
Part 1: The Mane Six attend the Crystalling of Cadence and Shining Armor's new baby at the Crystal Empire; Twilight gets the chance to present Starlight with her first friendship lesson.
Part 2: The Mane Six scramble to save the Crystal Empire from an eternal winter; Starlight struggles after the failed reunion with her old friend.

3. The Gift Of Maud Pie - April 2
Rarity and Pinkie Pie are in Manehattan looking for an ideal location for Rarity's new store and searching for the perfect gift for Pinkie Pie's sister.

4. On Your Marks - April 9
Now that they've finally received their cutie marks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders struggle with the question of what's next; the friends do not all agree on how to embrace their destinies.

5. Gauntlet of Fire - April 16
In order to save his friends, Spike is forced to compete in a perilous Gauntlet for the title of Dragon Lord.

6. No Second Prances - April 30
When Starlight Glimmer starts becoming friends with another formerly-bad pony, Twilight tries to stop her.

7. Newbie Dash - May 7
After Rainbow Dash achieves her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt, she makes a disastrous first impression and gets saddled with a mortifying nickname.

8. A Hearth's Warming Tail - May 14
Starlight Glimmer has a case of the holiday blues, so Twilight tries to help cure her by reading one of her favorite Hearth Warming's Eve stories, A Hearth's Warming Tale.

9. The Saddle Row Review - May 21 (formerly "Saddle Row & Rec")
When Rarity opens her flagship store in Manehattan, a tell-all article threatens to expose how badly her friends almost ruined the Grand Opening.

10. Applejack's "Day'' Off - May 28
Rarity struggles to get Applejack to relax at the spa; when Twilight and Spike attempt to take over Applejack's simple farm chores, it turns out to be a more difficult job than they thought.

11. Flutter Brutter - June 4
When Fluttershy tries to convince her freeloading brother to move out of their parents' house, he moves in with her instead, forcing Fluttershy to stand up to him and help him get over his fear of failure.

12. Spice Up Your Life - June 11
Pinkie Pie and Rarity discover a father and daughter struggling to keep their family restaurant open, which is cause of tension in their relationship.

==BREAK==

13. Stranger Than Fan Fiction - July 30
Rainbow Dash meets a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.

14. The Cart Before the Ponies - August 6
The Cutie Mark Crusaders get the chance to race in the annual Applewood Derby; their teammates Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash take over the competition.

15. 28 Pranks Later - August 13
Rainbow Dash's excessive pranking gets out of hand; the ponies decide to give her a taste of her own medicine.

16. The Times They Are a Changeling - August 20
When Spike travels with Twilight and Sunburst back to the Crystal Empire to visit Flurry Heart, they discover the entire empire in a panic due to the reported presence of Changeling spy.

17. Dungeons and Discord - August 27
When the Mane 6 leave town, Discord decides to join Spike and Big Mac's role-playing game session.

18. Buckball Season - September 3
Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy turn out to be Ponyville's best buckball players; Applejack and Rainbow Dash agree to coach them against Appleoosa.

(early non-US airing discussion)
19. The Fault in Our Cutie Marks - September 10
An enthusiastic young griffin asks the Crusaders to help her get her very own Cutie Mark; the Crusaders encounter a seemingly impossible problem.

20. Viva Las Pegasus - September 17
The Map sends Applejack and Fluttershy to Las Pegasus where they find Flim and Flam working in a resort called Gladmane’s.

21. Every Little Thing She Does - September 24
Although Starlight Glimmer is excelling at her magical studies with Twilight Sparkle, she has been avoiding her friendship lessons. Feeling pressure to impress her teacher, Starlight attempts to tackle several friendship problems at once, with questionable results.

MOVIE - Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree - October 1 (Netflix)
When Canterlot Highschool goes on a trip to Camp Everfree, they’re surprised to find a magical force is causing strange things to happen around camp. With the help of the Mane 6 and especially Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle must confront the dark “Midnight Sparkle” within herself and embrace her newfound magical abilities to save the camp.

22. P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View) - October 1
Twilight must find the truth after Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie have three different versions of events from their boat trip and are upset with each other.

(early non-US airing discussion for "To Where and Back Again" part 1)
(early non-US airing discussion for "To Where and Back Again" part 2)

23. Where the Apple Lies - October 8
When Apple Bloom tells a white lie to cover up a mistake, Applejack shares the story of how she came to value honesty after telling a series of lies that almost destroyed the farm and landed the whole Apple family in the hospital.

24. Top Bolt - October 15
Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are sent to the Wonderbolt Academy to help two friends, Vapor Trail and Sky Stinger, solve a friendship problem that could prevent them from getting into the Academy.

25-26. To Where and Back Again - October 22
Part 1: Without the help of Twilight Sparkle and the Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer assembles an unlikely team of heroes to defend Equestria from the return of one of its greatest threats.
Part 2: Starlight Glimmer leads an unlikely squad of rescuers against one of the ponies' oldest and greatest foes in order to save her friends and Equestria.

Rules.png

This thread is for the discussion of all official media content, including Equestria Girls and the IDW comics, along with news and speculation. For general fandom discussion, including fan-made episodes, you can go to the Community thread.
* Episode titles and official synopses can be freely discussed, along with things tweeted by show crew and such.
* If an episode is leaked or made available early (some episodes have been put on iTunes early), discussion of it should be behind spoiler bars until after it normally airs, and you should state that you are discussing that episode early instead of just having a blacked out post.
* Fan works (art, music) are fine to post, but it's preferred if you only post works related to the most recent episodes. General fanworks or works based on earlier episodes should go to the Community thread.
* Something a few posters (including myself) have done is create bingo cards for the season. So the thread doesn't get clogged up by them, only embed the images if you get a bingo. Otherwise, just link them.

Links.png

Season 1 Thread
Season 2 Thread
Season 3 Thread
Season 4 Thread
Season 5 Thread
Community Thread

Fan community links
Equestria Daily - The most active fan blog dedicated to MLP:FiM. It can be a bit hasty in posting rumors, but they are the best place to find news and fanworks at the same time. Like any big blog, avoid the comments.
Derpibooru - The biggest collection of MLP:FiM related images online. They block NSFW images, but sometimes things slip through, so it is unlinked. Avoid the comments.
The Round Stable - The best dedicated forum for MLP:FiM discussion, founded by those who left Something Awful when MLP discussion became a bannable offense there. There is a main page, but it's basically dead now. It also runs Bronibooru, a site similar to Derpibooru, but dedicated to only uploading family-friendly images.
MLP:FiM Wikia - The better source for pure information on the show and its characters.

draetenth

Nice OP, since I consider season 5 to be the best season yet, season 6 has a lot to live up to. Hope it can overcome the loss of some key writers.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That was great. Celestia and Luna actually got to do something, showing that Meghan is truly gone...

Least until the movie...

I dug it and bring on more Glimmer :D

So he was unimpressive in reputation and using magic but utterly broken in knowing about it.

Also it seems the LARPer description given during his reveal in the last thread wasn't that far off LOL

Jay RaR

Ahh...the new season's finally here!

I enjoyed the premiere, although I wished the MLP ads didn't spoil the story for me as I was trying to avoid what the main conflict was but alas. The story flowed pretty well and I enjoyed the new characters that showed up although the tension didn't seem as high like past premieres.

Oh, and this might be a bit late (as I made this just now) but here's my bingo:

That was a really low-key season premiere, even more so than last season's. There wasn't even a villain for Celestia and Luna to lose to, unless you really want to count the weather, which didn't capture them like the vines in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" did. I like that they seem to be following this pattern of dialing down the danger with the season premiere now instead of constantly keeping the stakes high, like they used to. And the baby didn't save the day, except in the loosest sense.

The story as a whole was... alright. I enjoyed it, but it definitely didn't wow me in the same ways the season 5 bookends did. This definitely feels like a one-part story that had the winter storm stuff put in to provide enough of a threat to expand it to two parts. Or rather, it was 1.25 episodes that was padded out to 2, and there were still clear padding moments beyond the storm like the stuff with the audience.

One thing that stood out to me was just how long it took to reach Flurry Heart's introduction, with a lot more focus placed on Starlight, and I was glad to see this meant that it wouldn't have Flurry Heart as the main focus. By the way, Starlight confirmed to be living with Twilight, get to it shippers. Also, castle is bigger on the inside, I hope we get a "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" episode where the inside of the castle becomes warped due to some threat.

Starlight has been added to the opening, but only to the group shot in the end, instead of making a "Sanji's cooking, Chopper's doctoring" style forced addition to the lyrics. It's hard to say what this will mean for her screen time, but it's still interesting to see her there.

I'm glad it was confirmed that no one actually knows what Starlight did, besides those involved in her shenanigans. They also seemed to dial back the implications of "The Cutie Re-Mark"'s final song, in that Starlight only considers Twilight and Spike (and now Sunburst) to be her friends, instead of all of the Mane Six. This makes everyone's general acceptance of her more palatable, and leaves open story opportunities with her secret being exposed in ways she doesn't want. For example, I earlier proposed a possible episode where Starlight is harassed by an anonymous stalker who threatens to reveal what she did to the town.

I thought Starlight was handled well, with her hesitancy and regret, but I don't really have a grasp on her personality as a good guy yet. Granted, I still don't have a grasp on Sunset Shimmer either, so maybe that's just my problem. Anyway, I hope we see more of a range from her in one-of episodes. By the way, I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get a story behind her new hairstyle.

I liked how Spike was handled in this story, with him providing support to Starlight and being easier to talk to than Twilight. It was odd how much Spike's status as a hero was emphasized, when it didn't actually come into play other than to demonstrate how Starlight was putting things off. I guess that's another bit of the padding I mentioned.

I thought Flurry Heart was handled well, complete lack of explanation aside. While she was powerful, she wasn't presented as being more powerful than the adults, with the unicorns being able to block her shots relatively easily, and what she did wasn't that far beyond what Pound and Pumpkin Cake did in "Baby Cakes". Granted, she is also doing this when she's just a few days old, while the Cakes were a month old. The scenes of her going wild in the library were fun... though wasn't the library in a different place? I liked that she bonded with Pinkie and somewhat with Sunburst, instead of keeping her emotional relevance restricted her to family. This allows for more variety from future Flurry Heart appearances. Like I mentioned, she didn't save the day in the end, and she also didn't demonstrate intelligence beyond her age. She didn't even say anything, which was good.

I liked Sunburst, and how he's book smart but not skilled at casting spells. I thought he was used well in this story, with his familiarity with obscure spells coming to the rescue. I would be interested in seeing him more.

The resolution was handled well, with appropriate foreshadowing for the solution of the Crystaling, and I liked that there was more to it than that.

The explanation for why winter didn't come when Sombra ruled was a bit awkwardly inserted, but it does actually justify why he kept it around in the first place. It was also nice to see Twilight's parents, but it also felt a bit out of place.

One thing that set expectations too high for me was an ED post about a mysterious cameo at the end. I didn't actually check what it was, so I was hyped up for Future Flurry Heart appearing with a sword. Instead, we got whatever this is:
Season%2B6%2Bpremiere%2Bmystery.png

Buff changeling? Dragon? Something new? Nothing?

Anyway, to sum up, alright story, it felt padded, but I liked how the characters were handled and it was enjoyable enough.

And as for my bingo card, this story got me... no hits. By the way, everyone remember to just link the bingo cards after the first time instead of embedding them unless you get a bingo.

On another note, season 6 promo that has clips from "The Gift of Maud Pie", but nothing that appears to be a spoiler, not that the story would be conducive to spoilers.

PaulloDEC

Interesting story. I'd agree with Sigma and Jay RaR that it was pretty low-key compared with some of the previous premieres. In a lot of ways Starlight and Sunburst's storyline actually took more of a front seat than the big scary storm stuff did (which was actually fine by me). Those parts were actually my favourites (along with some of the babysitting stuff, which cracked me up), whereas the storm stuff felt a bit limp to me.

I'd call this a solid start, though perhaps not exactly my kind of story. Had lots that I liked, but not quite the whole package for me.

Also, holy crap is this show getting continuity-heavy. Has there ever been a story which connects to as many other stories in this show as this one did?

UberTag

I went in to this premiere with low expectations but came out suitably impressed.
Frankly, I preferred this two-parter format to many they've done in the past with the mysterious villain du jour and the Twilight as Mary Sue overexposure.

Also, holy crap is this show getting continuity-heavy. Has there ever been a story which connects to as many other stories in this show as this one did?

You mean besides the time travel extravaganza? ;)

Anyway, I will agree with your specific point that the storm stuff was the weak point of the story, with the Starlight and baby parts being much stronger.

I guess I'll take the time now to showcase the old Flurry Heart fanart I posted previously in the other threads, without spoiler bars.
Art:
Fanart made within hours of FH's reveal
Vision of the future
Favorite Niece

Videos:
Overture to Season 6
Floppy Steps (super adorable)

Zelias

Banned
I liked it. Nice world building, which is always one of the most interesting parts of the show for me. Nice balance between Starlight/Sunburst and the baby storylines too. Storm felt weak as a threat and just seemed like a background event thrown in to give the events some urgency but eh.

PaulloDEC

This was a good start. Still a little nervous about the rest of the season.

I'm guessing you're thinking in terms of losing Mitch Larson and Amy Keating-Rogers? While those were definitely significant bummers, the writing team that remains, even only taking into account writers who worked on Season 5, is still pretty strong.

Natasha Levinger
Scare Master and Make New Friends but Keep Discord in S5. Also known for the fantastic Pinkie Apple Pie in S4.

Cindy Morrow
Tanks for the Memories in S5, and a bunch of great stories back in S1, S2 and S3.

Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco
Castle Sweet Castle, Rarity Investigates and The Hoofields and McColts in S5.

Scott Sonneborn
The Cutie Map (co-writer), Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? in S5, as well as Somepony to Watch Over Me and Trade Ya! in S4.

Nick Confalone
Party Pooped and Hearthbreakers in S5.

G.M. Berrow
The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows in S5. Also wrote a bunch of books, but I've not read them, so y'know.

Josh Haber
Bloom and Gloom and The Cutie Remark in S5, Castlemania and Simple Ways in S4.

I'm sure that however things work out for S6 as a whole, there'll still be plenty of great stories to enjoy.

draetenth

Yeah, the best (imo) writers may be gone, but there are still some good ones still on the team.

I loved the episodes and imo it's the best season opener. As someone who doesn't really care for singing, no singing was a huge plus for the episodes.

I thought all of the characters were well done and enjoyable. The babies antics were cute (she really seemed to like Pinkie).

I suppose if there was a minor gripe (and it was minor imo), is that I pretty much figured out what was going to happen with Sunburst almost right away.

I was expecting the baby to talk/give wisdom at some point but luckily that didn't happened and it ultimately was just a kid being a kid (though a very powerful kid)

PaulloDEC

I just gave the premiere another crack, and I think I liked it more the second time around. It's an odd one in the sense that there's not so much an A plot and a B plot as there is two neatly interwoven A plots; the Starlight/Sunburst story wouldn't have moved forward without the baby trouble, and the baby trouble story couldn't have been solved without the Starlight/Sunburst stuff. I don't recall ever seeing a another story in FiM that splits almost right down the middle, much less one that then ties those two halves back together so neatly.

I especially liked the quiet scenes in Sunburst's house. There was a lot going on under the surface in those moments, which is something I really enjoy.

Yeah, the best (imo) writers may be gone, but there are still some good ones still on the team.

The best thing at this point is that the writers we have seem to all have a strong grasp on what makes the show work. All that remains now is for them to step up to the plate and really show us what they can do.

I was expecting the baby to talk/give wisdom at some point but luckily that didn't happened and it ultimately was just a kid being a kid (though a very powerful kid)

Yeah, I'm glad we didn't get anything like that :|

Oh, and one last thing: I really like it when the show does this:

Ahh, complex lighting/shading. I hope the movie looks like that all the time.

tomtom94

Liked the premiere for the most part. Shining Armour was a good source of laughs. I wonder if we're going to explore the negative side of Twilight's princess-ship any more later in the season because that was an interesting angle to take.

Hoping that Starlight and the CMCs get an episode together.

Speculation:
Starlight will become an alicorn in the finale

Liked the premiere for the most part. Shining Armour was a good source of laughs. I wonder if we're going to explore the negative side of Twilight's princess-ship any more later in the season because that was an interesting angle to take.

Hoping that Starlight and the CMCs get an episode together.

Speculation:
Starlight will become an alicorn in the finale

You mean Twilight being too busy to attend to her friends at points? That could be interesting to see at some points, though her distraction from Starlight in this case was more a family matter than a princess matter.

Your second point makes me wonder if we'll actually see episodes based on Twilight's alternative friendship lessons she listed: making a friend in Griffonstone, or hanging out with the CMC when they help a pony understand their cutie mark.

As for your last point, I don't think we're going to have another character turn into an alicorn, other than all of the main characters doing so in the series finale or something. Instead, my out-there expectation is that Flurry Heart will turn out to actually be part changeling in the season finale, which will tie into the apparent changeling we saw at the end of this episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, her problem with Starlight was addressed at the end of the episode when she realized her entire plan was foolish from the start. You can't just teach friendship via lesson plan.

StoneFox

The break between seqsons was so short I forgot Season 6 started yesterday. xP

It really weirded me out how big Flurry Heart's wings were compared to usual babies.

draetenth

I've watched the episodes again...
did Celestia say that Flurry Heart was the first/only Alicorn to be born and not made? Implying that Celestia and Luna were raised to Alicorns as well (that would be a neat origin story). If that's the case, doesn't that mean that Twilight and Cadence will live as long as Celestia and Luna (who are at least 1000+ years old)?

I think it was mentioned that Flurry Hear is Unicorn + Pegasus with no mention of Earth Pony... I thought an Alicorn was meant to be all three?.

Nice to see Shining Armor and Twilight's parents again even if it was briefly. Definitely one of the nice little touches as they should have been there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Celestia said McFlurry was the first Alicorn born in Eqeustria. Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns, but were not born in Equestria.

PaulloDEC

I've watched the episodes again...
did Celestia say that Flurry Heart was the first/only Alicorn to be born and not made? Implying that Celestia and Luna were raised to Alicorns as well (that would be a neat origin story). If that's the case, doesn't that mean that Twilight and Cadence will live as long as Celestia and Luna (who are at least 1000+ years old)?

As a huge continuity dork that scene was edge-of-your-seat stuff for me. "Uh oh, where are they going with this? WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?!"

Fortunately, as Dr Forester says, they clarify it back to "the first Alicorn born in Equestria", whereas Celestia and Luna are implied to have come from... well, somewhere else.

As for everyone's lifespan, that remains a big mystery.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We've seen Cadance age normally. Until said otherwise I will assume Twilight will also.

As for the baby, who the hell knows.

Concerning alicorn aging, I'm of the opinion that Twilight living for 1000+ years is more interesting, and I've written about this at length in the Community thread. I don't know what would be right for Cadance and Flurry Heart, though.

Anyway, notable art and screencaps. All the art is actually from yesterday; I'll wait for a new page before posting any more that appear today. I'm using smaller versions than I'd post in the last thread. For images hosted on Blogspot, you can get larger versions by adjusting the s400 part of the URL to s1600 or some other value. For Derpibooru and Twitter, change "small" or "medium" to "large".
Doodle from Andy Price
CefIVUuWQAEWoSt.jpg:medium

Flurry Heart is never going to live down how she got her name
Princess McFlurry
CrystalShamingbyCircusCinnamon1459026029380.png
PrincessMcFlurrybyMoonstone3601459026026381.jpg

It keeps happening
I feel like this is a reference
s6e12smoochsmoochbyluminaura1459026027306.png
WizardbyLittleCloudie1459026027303.png

==

New group shot. Compared to the previous version, no one was removed. Big Mac, Granny Smith, and Zecora are moved further to the right, and the CMC have their cutie marks.
vlcsnap-00007.png

Note that in flashbacks, when Sunburst teaches a spell to Starlight, she's always shown doing a much more powerful version.
vlcsnap-00028.png

Shining Armor had nice faces in this story.
vlcsnap-00042.png
vlcsnap-00044.png

As ED pointed out, how did that come out of that?
With a lot of effort
vlcsnap-00052.png

This is fine.
vlcsnap-00059.png

This isn't fine.
small.gif

I like Sunburst's house.
vlcsnap-00063.png
vlcsnap-00074.png

I think Starlight is starting to regret copying Rarity's hairstyle.
vlcsnap-00068.png
vlcsnap-00084.png

Sorry Flurry, there's already a book princess.
vlcsnap-00092.png

I like the icicle on Celestia's horn.
vlcsnap-00119.png

Crystal designs, Celestia and Luna got shafted unfortunately. Starlight looks like she likes what she sees.
vlcsnap-00129.png
vlcsnap-00133.png
vlcsnap-00132.png

StoneFox

Why is it that in the opening, they update the group shot, but Twilight still lacks wings when she jumps from the hot air balloon?

UberTag

Why is it that in the opening, they update the group shot, but Twilight still lacks wings when she jumps from the hot air balloon?
I have to assume that shot is paying tribute to her initial arrival in Ponyville. Hence not an alicorn yet.
(Shining Armor stole the first half of the two-parter this weekend with all of his reactions. Dude was hilarious.)

Just caught up. Actually, I thought it was kind of refreshing to have a low-key premiere. No villain, just a force of nature.

Sunburst was a really fun character hope we see him again.

Also, Robot Chicken had a really fun MLP sketch tonight, complete with Tara Strong. I'm sure the video will pop up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom