• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

UberTag said:
Now we just need someone to shop together a new NeoGAF masthead that features Neigh O'Gaf, Belle Eve and our new pony mascot logo.
eSrV1.png

Hover Text:
Jenga's Guiltiest Pleasure

Dai101 said:
Ayup.... Something Awful comes to mind. SRK next to that.
That did have the benefit of creating an offshoot Pony goon forum though, which is apparently the biggest FiM forum.

Dai101

Banned
One of my friends just send me this:

My Little Pony es otra de las grandes apuestas de la marca, ya que para esta temporada se hizo un relanzamiento de línea bajo una nueva imagen, con el fin de ?celebrar una nueva serie de televisión que está programada para la segunda mitad del año, aunque en iTunes ya se pueden ver algunos episodios. El DVD con dos capítulos de 22 minutos se lanza en México en el verano y las niñas podrán ver las nuevas historias e imagen de todos los personajes?, agrega la directiva.

My Little Pony is one of the biggest bets of the mark, because this season there was a line relaunch under a new look to celebrate a new television series is scheduled for the second half of the year, although in iTunes and you can see some episodes. The DVD with two episodes of 22 minutes is launched in Mexico in the summer and the girls will see new stories and images of all the characters, add the directive.

SAUCE: http://roundtripcommunication.com/2011/04/hasbro-celebra-a-los-ninos-con-grandes-estrategias/

So, we get 2 eps in DVD (i hope ep 1 and 2) in the summer, but they didn't say anything about the series? ):

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Captain Fish said:
PonyGoons

It has amazing emoticons.

You know, I'm glad that we got rid of animated avatars here on GAF. They're very distracting on that forum.

I also really like their policy on "questionable" material.

1.) The Creepy Rule. This one is God. Creepy shit is not allowed, and will be treated with zero-tolerance.

What does this mean? Well, for starters, don't do this. No matter how old YOU are, the show you're probably watching if you're here IS primarily targeted at kids. So, NO shipping and NO sexual content. AT ALL. Breaking this rule will result in content being removed and tempbans at the LEAST.

Dai101

Banned
2th said:
Sigh... 2 per dvd? i hope that doesnt happen in the USA. I refuse to buy dvds with anything less than 10 episodes on them. save for awesome series like FLCL.

I going to believe that are promotional (just like the ones from Portugal) with some playset. Damn, it's going to be worst than buying those happy meals

A promotional DVD isn't too dissimilar from what Hasbro has done with a show in the past.

And for what it's worth, that show was eventually released in it's entirety on DVD
ten years later

Between itunes and streaming services that buy up whole back catalogs like Netflix, I'm sure there'll be some way to legally watch the series for a while, at least in the US.

Dai101

Banned
3.) The Fanfiction Rule. Fanfiction is not allowed. Straight up. Don't post it or even link to it, aight? As with prior rules, if you really want to you can run it past the Management and we'll give it consideration, but unless a mod has specifically said so consider it not allowed.

I love Ponygoons :')

Neki

Dai101 said:
I love Ponygoons :')
We need that rule around here, just replace fan with human pony fan fiction / sexual pony fiction. :p That forum is quite distracting though, so many pony avatars, all animated, and all the pony icons, so good.

1.) The Creepy Rule. This one is God. Creepy shit is not allowed, and will be treated with zero-tolerance.

What does this mean? Well, for starters, don't do this. No matter how old YOU are, the show you're probably watching if you're here IS primarily targeted at kids. So, NO shipping and NO sexual content. AT ALL. Breaking this rule will result in content being removed and tempbans at the LEAST.

I stand corrected, this is the best rule. We'll either need this or to ban pandaman, which ever one is easier. :D

Darte

Art timmmme! Click to enlarge.

:< sad PP is sad. Good thing Dash is there!

Derpy can haz box?

Story time! Apple themed of course

Speaking of Apples...Trees...er Ent rather...

*SLUUUUUUUUUUUURP* till you derp!

Fluttershy...now in giant size!

Pet...party....:>

Derpy does NOT want glasses...or laser surgery

Pew pew!

Nightmare moon still cursing Luna

Rainbow Charge!!

Oh PP, you so...stalkery!

Celestias Wrath

Spike to the rescue! With some pony as his steed...

Oh jeez, it exists in Equestria too! D:

lets see what this pic of der....HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH!

I wonder why the artist didnt' give this one wings as well (if it controls the galaxy)

What is she staring at?

Skiptastic said:
Not transparent. 9/10

I've been trying so hard to make it transparent but can't.

Can someone help me out please?

Dai101 said:
Ayup.... Something Awful comes to mind. SRK next to that.

Something Awful is like the biggest message board besides 4chan. But since its so idiotically strict I'm not surprised. SRK is just a shithole so I'm not surprised by that either.

Also what was the big offshot that came from Something Awful?

EDIT - Oh Ponygoons.

Where would GAF rank in MLP communities?

Also:

bd6QR.gif

KtSlime

Flying_Phoenix said:
Where would GAF rank in MLP communities?

Also:

If you include image boards, blogs, and forums, my guess is we are maybe 6th?

If you exclude exclusively pony sites, I'd say we are the largest.

Images shamelessly stolen from Ponygoons fanart thread!
Friendship is Ma-BLUH
uOblN.gif

Adorable Rainbow Dash

Painted mouth hoof

Stuff I had from before!
Rarity stares into your soul

Nightmare Moon being awesome

Until next time I'll stand vigilant
uGrLS.png

akira28

stuck in pony scroll heaven, but my vote is for Belle Eve. It even fits because you know...Night time GAF is right-time GAF. But gosh is she appropriately adorable!
She will CRUSH our foes with the power of friendship...

2th

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:

im not sure if we should be proud or ashamed of that. it is a conundrum like enjoying this show. we know it is my little pony and we, well some of us at least, are males yet we actually like the show.

Neki

The first couple pages of this thread is the best because people think PonyGAF was kidding, little did they know...

im not sure if we should be proud or ashamed of that. it is a conundrum like enjoying this show. we know it is my little pony and we, well some of us at least, are males yet we actually like the show.
Liking ponies and being male is not mutually exclusive, not sure why you think that.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
The first couple pages of this thread is the best because people think PonyGAF was kidding, little did they know...

Liking ponies and being male is not mutually exclusive, not sure why you think that.

i dont know... having been raised in the 80s by GI JOE, Thundercats, G1 Transformers and such my childhood was pretty much "ponies are for girls".

KtSlime

Ultimoo said:

Yeah, I'd say though out most of human history horses have been an exclusively male endeavor. Being tools of war and transportation and all.

akira28

2th said:
i dont know... having been raised in the 80s by GI JOE, Thundercats, G1 tTransformers and such my childhood was pretty much "ponies are for girls".

Wasn't till I missed the bus and was under threat of an ass whuppin for doing it, that my sobs were soothed by the original MLP that came on right after Voltron and Silverhawks and Transformers, weekday mornings. It was like lithium man, or ritalin, it just mellowed me out. Purple clouds, singing Ponies, the most generic female cartoon character ever, non-threatening threats, felt good man. Plus I think MLP and GI Joe and Transformers were all done by the same studio. So they co-exist very well in my book.

KtSlime

Flying_Phoenix said:
Can somebody please make this transparent?

KaHXx.png

It won't work for me on GIMP for some reason. Unless I'm doing it wrong. :(

Not great, and I'm mad at you, but here ya go.

rf5Wq.png

edit:

k5qoX.png

I see a better version below mine, especially since I messed up on the size, forgot we now have 120h100w, but my OC required me to fix it anyway. :lol

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Flying_Phoenix said:

KaHXx.png

Here you are; no problems here with GIMP.

FZcAk.png
Xr0jo.png

Got to applaud the one that had the balls to take it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Here is a transparent .PNG of Belle Eve, in case you guys wanna try your hand at banners or something.

whHN6.png

Neki

Flying_Phoenix said:

KaHXx.png

Have I mentioned you're a jerk? JEEEEEEEEEERK!

akira28

eh, so he's the standard bearer. Whatevs. Lets hope he's up to the major responsibility. (He has to wear a kilt and carry a revolver, plus run with the flag. No walking.) Belle should still be the PonyGAF mascot though.

KtSlime

akira28 said:
eh, so he's the standard bearer. Whatevs. Lets hope he's up to the major responsibility. (He has to wear a kilt and carry a revolver, plus run with the flag. No walking.) Belle should still be the PonyGAF mascot though.

She already is, she's been our mascot before she was even drawn.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Not great, and I'm mad at you, but here ya go.

rf5Wq.png

edit:

k5qoX.png

I see a better version below mine, especially since I messed up on the size, forgot we now have 120h100w, but my OC required me to fix it anyway. :lol

n8BitMan said:
Here you are; no problems here with GIMP.

FZcAk.png
Xr0jo.png

Got to applaud the one that had the balls to take it.

Thank you both so much!

ivedoneyourmom said:

My impression is that Allspark has a bigger presence than us, though I don't go there very often.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:
My impression is that Allspark has a bigger presence than us, though I don't go there very often.

Hmm, maybe so. I also don't go to Allspark often, however all their Pony threads are divided up. We definitely have the most views/posts of any one pony thread on the Internet though, I'm pretty positive of that.

Neki

Most of the posts in here are trolling and random spam and random pictures though. :p CAN'T WAIT FOR PONY OT2 THOUGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom