• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I know were cutting down on image spam but...

11077+-+celestia+luna.png

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

duckroll

Thoughts on the finale:

I felt it didn't really work. The song was pretty bad, but that aside it should really have been a two-parter rather than just one episode. It felt underwhelming because all we got to see was their high expectations, subsequent disappointment, and then them making a mess of everything. After that we get a "and it was all okay because FRIENDSHIP IS HUGZ" lesson or whatever, without actually showing them having an actual good time. I feel a second episode with them running away from the Gala and then doing all the things Spike wanted to do, and really enjoying themselves and having a ton of fun together would have made a more powerful ending.

Also, no fucking Luna. BOO!

G-Fex

duckroll said:
Thoughts on the finale:

I felt it didn't really work. The song was pretty bad, but that aside it should really have been a two-parter rather than just one episode. It felt underwhelming because all we got to see was their high expectations, subsequent disappointment, and then them making a mess of everything. After that we get a "and it was all okay because FRIENDSHIP IS HUGZ" lesson or whatever, without actually showing them having an actual good time. I feel a second episode with them running away from the Gala and then doing all the things Spike wanted to do, and really enjoying themselves and having a ton of fun together would have made a more powerful ending.

How dare you
have the same opinions as me. I too didn't really like the song that much. I hate the high class ponies and stuff. but your right on most accounts, I'm so pissed Luna wasn't here at all. It has it's moments but it's not super enjoyable

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
duckroll said:
Thoughts on the finale:

I didn't think the song was terrible, but probably the weakest of the season (RD's part was good just because it changed it). And I agree that more after the aftermath would have been nice.

And again, I don't like the psychotic pony personality shifts.

And Celestia knew the snob ponies would treat Luna bad, so she sent Luna someplace fun.

NEO0MJ

DrForester said:
And Celestia knew the snob ponies would treat Luna bad, so she sent Luna someplace fun.

I'm really interested in how everypony will treat her.

mazeedibeedi said:
So...many......spoiler tags.
Losing....my....mind...
Help..me..Celestia X(

Ha. celestia will only remove them should she interfere.

Foxix said:
MUST.

RESIST.

URGE TO HIGHLIGHT RISING.

AAAARRGH.
If you need release, I can provide some safe spoiler boxes for you to highlight to your heart's content.

poniiiiiiiiies ponies ponies ponies i can't wait for the season finale ponies ponies

twilight is god-tier

i like-a do da cha cha like a sissy girl

ponies

These should do you for the next 10 minutes.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mechanical Snowman said:
If you need release, I can provide some safe spoiler boxes for you to highlight to your heart's content.

poniiiiiiiiies ponies ponies ponies i can't wait for the season finale ponies ponies

twilight is god-tier

ponies

awhwhahwhahwawwwwwwwahwhawhahwhawhhawawwwwwwawahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i need new pants.

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:

twilight is god-tier

ponies

Ahhhh, thank you. I needed that.

mazeedibeedi said:
We're still waiting :(
I thought we'd be getting 15 minutes of pony videos before the finale.

We are. Vids start at the top of the hour, while the ep will start at 15 after, I think.

EDIT: we should totally make a habit of this for season 2.

Ellis Kim

Banned
....clicking pause only pauses for you, right? not everyone else?

I saw a mlp room on the front page, but it was half-way through :x I immediately paused then closed the tab

Amibguous Cad said:
We are. Vids start at the top of the hour, while the ep will start at 15 after, I think.

EDIT: we should totally make a habit of this for season 2.
Tbh, it would work better if someone at PonyGaf (or whoever) records the high quality videos and upload them immediately to youtube, so we don't wait this long for one.

Ultimoo said:
I just got home from the gym, thought I'd miss pony day. :(
Perfect timing. We still havent got the link.

Edited for grammatical errors

OMG Aero

BY0VJ.png

THE SYNCHTUBE IS NOW OPEN: http://www.synchtube.com/r/PonyGAF
Anyone is welcome to watch, whether you have a pony avatar or whether you have never watched the show before.
In a couple of minutes, the pre-show trailers and music videos will start to make sure no-one misses the start and they can watch the Synchtube fine. Providing it works for everyone, the episode will start at quarter past.

Ellis Kim said:
....clicking pause only pauses for you, right? not everyone else?

I saw a mlp room on the front page, but it was half-way through :x I immediately paused then closed the tab
If you pause the video it will only pause for you, but as soon as you press play it will skip ahead to where everyone else is, so I don't suggest you pause the episode.

mazeedibeedi said:
Tbh, it would work better if someone at PonyGaf (or whoever) records the high quality videos and upload them immediately to youtube, so we don't wait this long for one.
For the record, I could have opened the room when the episodes first got uploaded to Youtube, but I didn't think it was fair to start early since I already gave people a time.

Ark

I'm so tired I could have slept 2 hours ago.

Dedicated to Ponies.

EDIT:

Quote for new page:

OMG Aero said:
BY0VJ.png

THE SYNCHTUBE IS NOW OPEN:
Here are the synchtube links to both channels:
http://www.synchtube.com/r/PonyGAF
http://www.synchtube.com/r/PonyGAF2

Anyone is welcome to watch, whether you have a pony avatar or whether you have never watched the show before.
In a couple of minutes, the pre-show trailers and music videos will start to make sure no-one misses the start and they can watch the Synchtube fine. Providing it works for everyone, the episode will start at quarter past.
OOqKy.gif

Nishastra

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
Holy hell, I never thought we'd fill up an entire channel. 50 PonyGAFers all watching the same thing!

Go PonyGAF!
Not only did we fill it up, we filled it up within minutes and there's more people trying to get in :p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Well, I'm going to have to bow out. Website is pretty shitty, won't load video in IE/Opera/Chrome and times out on the IP link.

Thanks for the effort Aero and peace out bronies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom