• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

careksims

I wake up to this. What is going on? No wait. I know :) Very flattered.

I was surprised no one did a Gaf Pony. I was staring at the cutie mark right there! Her colors are all based on the forum colors. I drew her because I thought you guys might get a kick out of her.

Thank you Pony GAF for a very amusing thread and seeing so much awesome talent all around.

P.S. I was very amused by the reactions to the human Jack/Dash pic. I told myself I will not do versions of the others because I felt same way. It's like I betrayed them. Humanize ponies! Noooo!

Ark

careksims said:

I was surprised no one did a Gaf Pony. I was staring at the cutie mark right there! Her colors are all based on the forum colors. I drew her because I thought you guys might get a kick out of her.

Thank you Pony GAF for a very amusing thread and seeing so much awesome talent all around.

P.S. I was very amused by the reactions to the human Jack/Dash pic. I told myself I will not do versions of the others because I felt same way. It's like I betrayed them. Humanize ponies! Noooo!

I'd like to take this moment and thank you on behalf of Pony GAF.

<3

Koomaster

2th said:
TOP TIER EPISODE someone find the Rainbow Dash OMG OMG OMG OMG clip!

YOU WILL LOVE ME Fluttershy is better Fluttershuy.

only disappointment was the lack of Luna

ok time to watch it over again. hooray for DVR!
The fluttershy bits were hilarious. When watching it on DVR check out the gardener, is he wearing Goofy's hat? His whole bit was like a big Disney reference. :p

Koomaster

ThreeSix said:
Holy mother of god Fluttershy.
You're as insane as Pinkie when things don't go your way.
She's really IS such a loudmouth... when she doesn't get her way. Her whole bits were very surprising, the eye twitching, jumping around, yelling/shouting. Hilarious!

Welp, I'm outta this thread until later.

@Nishastra: Do you know you are my very best friend? The avatar is perfect!

See you bronies in the synchtube room to properly send off the first season.

PONIES!

Subitai

Ok, I missed it. What's the deal with the Belle Eve avatars now? Is she the new transparent? You guys are starting to move as fast as the SNSD/Kpop thread I can't keep up with.

Just looked up on Wikipedia who the writer for this episode is. I'll spoiler it for anyone wanting to be surprised by the time of the SyncParty
Amy Keating Rogers, she did "A Dog and A Pony Show", "Fall Weather Friends", "Bridle Gossip", "Apple Buck Season" and co-wrote "Ticket Master".

Subitai said:
Ok, I missed it. What's the deal with the Belle Eve avatars now? Is she the new transparent? You guys are starting to move as fast as the SNSD/Kpop thread I can't keep up with.
We're just doing it for the season finale. You know ending it with a bang.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode. Best? Maybe.

Some great Disney vibes, but then remembered that they were ponies. Crazy ponies. Didn't expect Fluttershy to snap, hilarious.

2th

Banned
careksims said:

you sir are a god when it comes to pony drawing. and we are very glad you have come out of the shadows to admit your identity. So keep up the good work!

As for humanized ponies... i didnt mind your versions of Jack and Dash. I think you are a very talented artist plus i dont look at it as humanized ponies but merely humans inspired by ponies.

oh and TODAY WAS A GREAT PONY DAY!

G-Fex said:
Hey guys like my special day avatar?

welcome to the herd?

careksims said:

On behalf of PonyGaf, we would like to thank you for giving us such an amazing art piece of Belle Eve. If you have not already seen this week's episode yet, we would love it for you to come to our SyncTube season finale party.

G-Fex

2th said:
TOP TIER EPISODE someone find the Rainbow Dash OMG OMG OMG OMG clip!

YOU WILL LOVE ME Fluttershy is better Fluttershuy.

only disappointment was the lack of Luna

ok time to watch it over again. hooray for DVR!

It was amazing and

in the end Celestia really trolls again, but is trolling her snobby high class ponies

OMG Aero

Bufbaf said:
Check Youtube user name Biff0r, I can't be with you guys today, but if you all have to see one of my crappy videos, my spirit will watch with you :)
I don't want to spoil the playlist but one of your videos will be the first thing playing in the Synchtube. You can probably guess which one it is.

Dai101 said:
Nah man. If my timezone adjusting power don't fail me i think there's less than 6 hours to the Synchtube-thingy
At the time I post this it's just under 4 hours 20 minutes to go.

DrForester said:
Wow, who would have thought that Darth Vader was Pinkie Pies Father...
Thanks for not putting that in spoiler tags jerk.

G-Fex

OMG Aero said:
I don't want to spoil the playlist but one of your videos will be the first thing playing in the Synchtube. You can probably guess which one it is.

At the time I post this it's just under 4 hours 20 minutes to go.

Thanks for not putting that in spoiler tags jerk.

Guess I better not tell you that Spike was dead the entire time

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Master Milk said:
I was thinking now would be a good time to rank the episodes. The last one's hopefully top tier, so it shouldn't be hard to add in.

I'll give it a go too.

1. #14 - Suited for Success (excellent premise, execution and song; Rarity's big break as a character)
2. #10 - Swarm of the Century (great nod to pop culture, Pinkie's plan and Twilight's breakdown)
3. #7 - Dragonshy (classic adventure, starring all the cast but with spotlight on Fluttershy)
4. #2 - Friendship is Magic, Part 2 (Sailor Moon style climax, Luna!)
5. #1 - Friendship is Magic, Part 1 (Great introduction for all the characters)
6. #25 - Party of One (Pinkie's time to shine)
7. #9 - Bridle Gossip (excellent humor, Flutterguy, Apple Bloom, Zecora)
8. #19 - A Dog and Pony Show (more Rarity goodness, spotlight on Spike, THIS IS WHINIIIING)
9. #11 - Winter Wrap Up (fabulous song)
10. #22 - A Bird in the Hoof (hilarious phoenix antics, Fluttershy's almost-breakdown)
11. #6 - Boast Busters (Great and Powerful Trixie, Twilight's first show of power)
12. #16 - Sonic Rainboom (almost made Rainbow Dash likeable, Sonic Rainboom)
13. #23 - The Cutie Mark Chronicles (backstory for all characters, Pinkamena Diane Pie, Dark Twilight)
14. #20 - Green Isn't Your Color (fashion hijinks, Photo Finish, great empathy between Fluttershy and Rarity)
15. #17 - Stare Master (spotlight on Fluttershy, CMC's less aggravating appearance)
16. #4 - Applebuck Season (sleep-deprived Applejack is priceless)
17. #13 - Fall Weather Friends (the episode that started a thousand flames, great action)
18. #24 - Owl's Well That Ends Well (Spike development)
19. #8 - Look Before You Sleep (great character interaction, Twilight's addiction to rules)
20. #15 - Feeling Pinkie Keen (Great humor, poor conclusion)
21. #3 - The Ticket Master (nothing really remarkable except the Benny Hill chase)
22. #5 - Griffon the Brush Off (Pinkie saves this episode from doom, Gilda is irredeemable)
23. #18 - The Show Stoppers (kind of boring start, but hilarious final musical act)
24. #12 - Call of the Cutie (bleh)
25. #21 - Over a Barrel (only good part is the conversation in the train. Braeburn is fun, but the episode falls apart at the end)

Yeah, I know it's an odd choice for first place, but that's an episode with a surprisingly mature message, an excellent song and perfect execution.

careksims said:

Thank you very much for dropping by, and once again, thank you for your incredible contributions to the fandom, and for giving us your permission to use Belle Eve for our incoming season 2 initiative. :)

Neki

You guys are crazy, I don't even know how I would begin ranking episodes, let alone getting them all in a coherent order I could agree with, lol.

2th

Banned
G-Fex said:
It was amazing and

in the end Celestia really trolls again, but is trolling her snobby high class ponies

trollestia is so commonplace now. i was just disappointed at the complete lack of luna. she better get an episode next season!

careksims said:

No way, I assumed it was a lurker who drew Belle and all those other ponies.

Awesome work man. You know your stuff is all over the internet, right? I recognise almost every image in your pony album from various places on the net, and had no idea you were behind them.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Celestia is awesome.

Was a pretty good episode.

I'm really not a fan of the pony mental breakdowns like Pinkie last week and Fluttershy this week. Least Fluttershy seemed a bit less homicidal. Liked all the Arcs but Rarity's, just because Rarity has seemed smart enough to have just walked away bit earlier. Dash was awesome as always.

ThreeSix said:
For those who haven't seen the latest episode, someone was very quick in getting the episode uploaded. Not the best quality mind you, but at least you can see it.

Part 1
Part 2
Nice.

Speaking of which, what's the update on the synctube? I haven't got time to read through the thread - is it still going as planned?

G-Fex

ThreeSix said:
For those who haven't seen the latest episode, someone was very quick in getting the episode uploaded. Not the best quality mind you, but at least you can see it.

Part 1
Part 2
People haven't seen the episode yet? Who are they?

TELL ME!

OMG Aero

Mechanical Snowman said:
Nice.

Speaking of which, what's the update on the synctube? I haven't got time to read through the thread - is it still going as planned?
Still going as planned in 4 hours.
G-Fex said:
People haven't seen the episode yet? Who are they?

TELL ME!
Awesome people who want to watch it for the first time together.
mazeedibeedi said:
So should we start the party or wait for a better quality one?
It wouldn't really be fair to start it early because some people might miss it. Plus there might be a better quality upload in 4 hours.

2th

Banned
watching for a third time and i really liked Rainbow Dash's solo. I think it was the best one musically.

I like how the statue was from the Nightmare Moon legend, but there was only Celestia in her storybook style instead of her and Luna. Season 2 can't come fast enough.

G-Fex

Master Milk said:
I like how the statue was from the Nightmare Moon legend, but there was only Celestia in her storybook style instead of her and Luna. Season 2 can't come fast enough.

Luna is banished and placed in a dungeon where she was banished....she was banished to Apaaaloooooosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom