• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

TheMoon

The "For more information about the game" link points the full release.

If nobody can answer this until Monday, I suggest customer support since that would be one of the rare occasions when they can actually tell you something useful.

Whoa! There's a discount available for a game I don't have yet! I am very excited to have the opportunity to get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for 30% off!

adroit

2) let me manage miitomo friends from a browser window where it doesnt take 27+ seconds to delete a single friend and begin to reload the entire list

Wow. This is what the partnership with DeNA produced? I thought they were supposedly good at mobile online infrastructure. This sounds like...crap.

tsundoku

Wow. This is what the partnership with DeNA produced? I thought they were supposedly good at mobile online infrastructure. This sounds like...crap.

i'm talking about instead of in the app where it takes like almost 30 seconds
and yes, i was an idiot in the first like 2 weeks of the app who would mindlessly mash out friend requests and accept them (equally slowly) to gain levelup points thinking there might actually be an interesting reward // to make sure i always got the daily reward for people responding to my questions/statements/whatever

now i can't delete them because its even slower to remove friends and ignore requests and it displays like 200 friend requests to scroll through before i can even tap to delete one friend

i was getting an annoying like 5 friend requests a day on my switch and i had to just turn friend requests entirely, let me block it by app or something nintendo :/

i-Jest

Meanwhile, in the US....

- Fire Emblem Echoes wallpaper (50 platinum coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones on Wii U (240 platinum coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (80 gold coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Wii U (20 gold coins)

I've been waiting for a discount on Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stone, so I'll be getting those. With all this Fire Emblem hype, you'd think Nintendo would at least consider releasing Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on Virtual Console. Common Nintendo, just give it to us already.

I still gotta build up my Gold Coin count for TMS #FE and Xenoblade X.

I've been waiting for a discount on Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stone, so I'll be getting those. With all this Fire Emblem hype, you'd think Nintendo would at least consider releasing Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on Virtual Console. Common Nintendo, just give it to us already.

I still gotta build up my Gold Coin count for TMS #FE and Xenoblade X.

I suspect they don't want to release radiant dawn because of the (admittedly mostly minor) interactions from gamecube save data transfer. That or they want to hold that card for the Switch VC now.

LordKano

This service is starting to be seriously embarassing, I had to spend 340 coins on FE Heroes rewards because they were expiring and there was almost nothing else. It was cool while I managed to get Twilight Princess Picross and Wario Ware Touched out of it but it's suffering severe drought now.

Even discounts on digital Switch games would be appreciated right now.

OmegaFax

Meanwhile, in the US....

- Fire Emblem Echoes wallpaper (50 platinum coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones on Wii U (240 platinum coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (80 gold coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Wii U (20 gold coins)

It looks like they stealth bumped the discount requirement for Birthright from 80 -> 90 Gold Coins.

Shiggy

So the Gold offers from My Nintendo for Fire Emblem are completely worthless now that they decided to offer 30% off all Fire Emblem games anyway:
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...rce=twitter&utm_campaign=eShop|FireEmblemSale

https://ec.nintendo.com/my#/coupons

I did buy a 30% off coupon from MyNintendo to see if they stacked, and they don't :D

Yup, those discounts aren't compatible with other "For You" discounts, which the current Fire Emblem eShop sale discounts are. Pretty ridiculous that they didn't even care about this.

ramparter

Banned
20 of my gold points are expiring this month and literally had nothing to buy but at least I can use them on Swap doodle to buy the Zelda addons. Yay! :p

Craft

Yup, those discounts aren't compatible with other "For You" discounts, which the current Fire Emblem eShop sale discounts are. Pretty ridiculous that they didn't even care about this.

Yeah I was 95% sure it wouldn't work for the reason given, but just wanted to test it just in case as I'd probably have bought them all for 60% off.

PtM

Banned
Oh, they did care, else the eshop sale wouldn't be FY offers.

HotHamBoy

Remember when Kid Icarus 3D Classic was something you could regularly get for free on Club Nintendo?

20 gold coins for 30% off. What a joke.

Bowl0l

Remember when Kid Icarus 3D Classic was something you could regularly get for free on Club Nintendo?

20 gold coins for 30% off. What a joke.
It could be worse. They could charge you $30 yearly to get a 30% discount for one game they choose every month.

Bazry

Just checked my account and I lost 10 Gold coins last week, I have 230 and have never seen anything worth using them on

Ondore

Just got a random $1 credit on my eShop account because they applied a Shadow Dragon discount incorrectly.

O... k...

Shiggy

Just got a bunch of Nintendo games at my local retailer with a discount of almost 60% (buy 4 games, get 2 free + coupon cards adding an additional discount of around 17%). And here we've got My Nintendo which gives a measly discount of 30% on digital versions.

As it's Media Markt, they even had pretty much the entire first party lineup available for discount.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just got a bunch of Nintendo games at my local retailer with a discount of almost 60% (buy 4 games, get 2 free + coupon cards adding an additional discount of around 17%). And here we've got My Nintendo which gives a measly discount of 30% on digital versions.

As it's Media Markt, they even had pretty much the entire first party lineup available for discount.

Digital software almost always has worse sales than physical, it's just the way of the world.

Ondore

I've routinely gotten out-of-print retail games (Tales of Vesperia, come on down!) for a few dollars where they were at least $40 when they went out of print.

Firebrand

So I'm new to this not-Club-Nintendo thing. I registered my Zelda: BotW on Switch for some gold coins, doesn't seem like you can register the system itself?

Anyway I'm guessing the gold coins for one title is not... going to give me anything?

It would be weird without a stylus.
Picross e series play fine with buttons, that's how I prefer it.

iphys

There's that Zelda mini guide or a 30% discount on that Kid Icarus GB game for 10 gold coins, so yeah, pretty much nothing for buying a retail game.

If your in NA, get those two Zelda games, Oracle of Seasons/Ages. They're both 20 gold coins each. I hear good things about them.
For me personally, a lot of the offers available are useless because i already own/have already played the ones I'm interested in. Such as those two.

TheMoon

So I'm new to this not-Club-Nintendo thing. I registered my Zelda: BotW on Switch for some gold coins, doesn't seem like you can register the system itself?

Anyway I'm guessing the gold coins for one title is not... going to give me anything?

Picross e series play fine with buttons, that's how I prefer it.

Hardware doesn't register.

You can just look at what those 16 gold coins get you yourself on the page. Quite straightfoward.

Shiggy

If your in NA, get those two Zelda games, Oracle of Seasons/Ages. They're both 20 gold coins each. I hear good things about them.

Those games usually get the same discount in an ordinary Zelda eShop sale. So not really worth wasting coins on that.

Shiggy

A new 3DS Yoshi design is up - now they charge gold coins for those. It's getting better. DLC for Pikmin 3 is also available.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
meanwhile, in the US, for 30 gold coins each, you can get the digital versions of Prima guides for Wind Waker HD & AC: New Leaf

A new 3DS Yoshi design is up - now they charge gold coins for those. It's getting better. DLC for Pikmin 3 is also available.

Man I really really hope they offer that Pikmin 3 DLC in NA again. I either didn't have any gold coins or was waiting for something better when it was offered last time and now I'm sitting on 500 of them.

They need to just straight up keep all gold discounts available.

Also at least let us buy coins in Miitomo or orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes with Gold Coins.

meanwhile, in the US, for 30 gold coins each, you can get the digital versions of Prima guides for Wind Waker HD & AC: New Leaf

The real reason Miiverse isn't continuing, so they can push to get eguides.

Robin64

What does this Yoshi theme even look like? I can't seem to look at the rewards from other countries.

Hopefully you can see the image when directly linked

00ce39fd54531bed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, I can.

I really want to say it's a theme that's not exclusive to My Nintendo, let me quick check the theme shop.

Shiggy

Can't you just find the PDF online as with the Zelda guide? Then again, who reads/buys those guides anyway when there are lots of online guides and Youtube walkthroughs.

What does this Yoshi theme even look like? I can't seem to look at the rewards from other countries.

It's one of the designs that's also available on the design shop.

Edit:
I really want to say it's a theme that's not exclusive to My Nintendo, let me quick check the theme shop.
You're right, it's not exclusive.

maxcriden

I want both. Please bring both to the US.

Edit: when was it offered before? I totally missed that. I wonder if it was when I was naively waiting for more coins. Or toward the beginning of the program when there were other reasons to spend them.

Full guides or just mini like the BOTW one? If full that's a pretty solid deal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, I found it, it's listed as "Yoshi's Springtime Siesta"....also jesus, I really wish there was a search option or better way to organize the themes on the shop. I'm honestly okay with non-exclusive themes as long as the price is decent. I'm guessing 10 or 20 coins since the theme is only $2?

The complete guide. You'll need to sign up for Prima's site to access it.

Shiggy

* A PrimaGames.com account is required to access the game guide. You can create the account here.
* You must be at least 13 to register to create a free PrimaGames.com account.
* When creating an account, you will be asked to agree to PrimaGames' Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
* The guidebook is only available in English.

This reward will give you full access to the The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Official Game Guide on PrimaGames.com.

How this works:
- You will receive an access code for this item. You'll need to redeem your code on PrimaGames.com.
- The download code does not expire.

Content:
Secure HTML web access
Number of pages: 352 pages
Publisher: Prima Games
Language: English

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Prima Official Game Guide includes:
Collect Everything – locations revealed for all treasure charts, pieces of heart and the best times for using the pictograph to complete the Nintendo Gallery.
100% Completion – detailed walkthrough will take you through all areas and show the earliest point for when a side quest can be completed.
Never Get Lost – labeled maps show everything you can do when navigating The Great Sea or exploring dungeons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can't you just find the PDF online as with the Zelda guide? Then again, who reads/buys those guides anyway when there are lots of online guides and Youtube walkthroughs..
I don't see the appeal of digital guides at all for the reasons you described. Physical guides at least look nice on my shelf.

maxcriden

Yup, I found it, it's listed as "Yoshi's Springtime Siesta"....also jesus, I really wish there was a search option or better way to organize the themes on the shop. I'm honestly okay with non-exclusive themes as long as the price is decent. I'm guessing 10 or 20 coins since the theme is only $2?

The complete guide. You'll need to sign up for Prima's site to access it.

Thank you both. What does Prima usually charge for it? It's a way to use up expiring coins at least I guess.

I'd prefer the non-exclusive themes personally. I hope we get some of the cool ones. They may as well do it for the lower-selling ones at least.

Top Bottom