• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

I just redeemed the Yoshi Springtime 3DS theme code from My Nintendo.

If I redeem this on my current 3DS, if I do an account transfer to a new system, will I keep the theme, or should I wait until I have the new system and transferred my account over to redeem it?

Are then mynintendo rewards expected to improve at some point? I'm looking at what is there now and trying to use some coins because I think some will expire soon but there is literally nothing I want. It's such a pile of shit.

If I redeem this on my current 3DS, if I do an account transfer to a new system, will I keep the theme, or should I wait until I have the new system and transferred my account over to redeem it?

Doing a System Transfer will copy everything in full to the new system, right down to that days step count, so you'll definitely get to keep the theme if you redeem it now.

PtM

Banned

You will keep the theme.
Are then mynintendo rewards expected to improve at some point? I'm looking at what is there now and trying to use some coins because I think some will expire soon but there is literally nothing I want. It's such a pile of shit.
You can monitor expiry on
https://my.nintendo.com/point/expiration

Nobody expects anything anymore, except for one or two people holding their breath for whenever Nintendo decide to populate the Switch category.

You will keep the theme.

You can monitor expiry on
https://my.nintendo.com/point/expiration

Nobody excepts anything anymore, except for one or two people holding their breath for whenever Nintendo decide to populate the Switch category.

Cheers. A bunch of points going out in the next few months. The stars system all over again where I stockpiled those little bastards and they all expired before they started handing out stuff that I actually wanted. The miserly approach to expiration on these points is so aggravating. I understand that they have to expire at some point for accounting reasons but it's totally crap that they go so quickly, especially when there long fallow periods for rewards.

Steiner

Banned
Has this been a thing already, or is this new?
rXTAplC.jpg

Honest, trading in coins for digital strategy guides doesn't sound that bad to me.

30 Gold Coins each.

It's crazy that's there's much more I'm interested in that costs Platinum coins while I'm sitting on 510 Gold Coins.

For the next this month and next month the only coins I have expiring are 40 Gold Coins each. Looks like I'll use 80 coins on the Rhythm Heaven discount since that's digital only. But after that it'll get ugly.

Expires 4/30:
40 Gold Coins
Expires 5/30:
40 Gold Coins
Expires 6/30:
140 Gold Coins
Expires 7/30:
140 Gold Coins
Expires 8/30:
30 Gold Coins
Expires 9/30:
30 Gold Coins

I'm hoping they'll offer a discount on the Wii U digital-only Fatal Frame and Art Academy games.

Has this been a thing already, or is this new?
rXTAplC.jpg

Honest, trading in coins for digital strategy guides doesn't sound that bad to me.

30 Gold Coins each.

Not a bad reward but...man those games are bit old, SPECIALLY Wind Waker. Ah well, fingers cross for Xenoblade.

These are actual guides you buy for money usually...

I know this is the complain all the time about everything thread but ...it's okay to give some things a pass every once in a while.
Honestly though paying money for PDFs of those guides is pretty bad as well. Like they said, there's already free guides online. Physical guides at least tend to have nice collector's editions, but most guides tend to have a lot of errors, especially now that Nintendo Power is out of the game.

I have 90 bloody Gold Coins expiring in a few days and nothing to use them on. There's Birthright, but I haven't even finished Awakening yet and I don't feel like buying more 3DS games. Sigh..

zroid

Banned
I have 90 bloody Gold Coins expiring in a few days and nothing to use them on. There's Birthright, but I haven't even finished Awakening yet and I don't feel like buying more 3DS games. Sigh..

Someone's gonna thank you for that MK8 DLC pack 2 you're about to give them

The Rhythm Heaven discount ends next week, right? Damnit, I'm 10 gold coins shy of being able to afford it.

Says May 2 but that could have like a 5 AM Eastern time.

I went for that offer to take care of the next two months.

Yoshi Theme?

I feel ya. In two months I'll have 140 expiring.

Offer me the Pikmin 3 DLC please MyNintendo.

bumpkin

I keep waiting for them to add Switch stuff to spend my coins on...
They're probably watching stats on the My Nintendo user base's coin collections, waiting for when everyone's supply has been depleted before they toss Switch stuff up. It always felt like they did that on Club Nintendo.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
lol I've given up entirely on checking MyNintendo. I have so many gold coins and platinum coins, and just, whatever. I used to check at the beginning of each month to see what's there, now I don't even bother.

I can't believe this replaced Club Nintendo. What a disappointment.

New reward up. It's a May calendar!!!

8WCTqry.jpg

They must be purposely fucking with people. JPEGs are low but a JPEGS with a calendar for a single month is so so so so so fucking stupid.

At the very list I use Miitomo regularly so I at least have something to always spend Platinum coins on.

i-Jest

No one knows for certain but I vaguely remember reading in the thread that physical rewards would eventually come. What form those would take is anyone's guess, if they actually happen.

As for games, well now we're seeing more high profile WiiU and 3DS games in the program, along with a continuous occurrence of Wii games, which I've been taking advantage of. So take that as you will.

I would gladly take coins people have no use for if there was a system built into the program that allowed users to gift their coins to each other.

maxcriden

I guess they needed one more example of a thing they could say they give away through MyNintendo when they're doing the investor slides. Speaking of which, that makes me think of the original slides hinting at the MyNintendo. It seemed like it was going to be a better program. I realize it is better in Japan, and it's not a particularly big deal to me or anything, but it is disappointing that it hasn't been better (and has arguably gotten worse since its inception).

I guess they needed one more example of a thing they could say they give away through MyNintendo when they're doing the investor slides. Speaking of which, that makes me think of the original slides hinting at the MyNintendo. It seemed like it was going to be a better program. I realize it is better in Japan, and it's not a particularly big deal to me or anything, but it is disappointing that it hasn't been better (and has arguably gotten worse since its inception).

My Nintendo It's much much worse for JP accounts.

Bowl0l

New reward up. It's a May calendar!!!

8WCTqry.jpg
Don't worry. Next time they will use this as gifts for the upcoming Nintendo Online programme. Either that, or they are gauging what rewards are acceptable and what is not.

My opinion:
Give positive feedback to all their bad attempts so they can pursue the wrong path.

Wow. That calendar is what I really wanted.
Thanks for sharing. Going to redeem it now. /s

Is your profile icon real? And if so is it from your account?

I would have over 9999 if I didn't get all the videos and all colors all Miitomo stuff.

It's from my account, I'm at about 11K Pt coins. I believe it's possible to have over 14K coins since I only get 15 coins from Miitomo per day.

KarmaCow

How do you fuck something as simple as a wallpaper? Even in the 90s, no one needed a baked in calendar that would be outdated within in a month on their wallpaper.

J@hranimo

Banned
This shit is sad. SAD!

I remember when this concept first came out I saw the potential.....but nope! What a shame. Did they really not want to make physical rewards anymore? I don't understand.

I'm not even mad or upset, just confused.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Remember when we all said that it's gonna be much better when the Switch releases?
LOL.
Speak for yourself.

I wonder what kind of rewards will be available for day one Switch buyers. Getting closer to that time. Just over a month now.
There's gonna be jack shit. Why would they give discounts on brand new games?
Yep. I wonder where the delusional people in this thread will place the goal posts after the Switch launch.

BizzyBum

I can't believe this replaced Club Nintendo. What a disappointment.

Man, Club Nintendo was pretty sweet. Some of those Platinum rewards were badass (my favorite being the Mario figurines):

How the hell do we go from that to the current system? It's a flat out joke. Obviously the old Club Nintendo cost them too much to produce the items or some shit but man has MyNintendo been beyond a disappointment.

Top Bottom