• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

To be honest, I didn't like the Club Nintendo rewards either. Most of it was just cheap trash with the odd exception like the famous SNES controller, which I never managed to get because they expired all my stars. But compared to this it was like a trolley dash in Harrods.

I had a look just now and that SF2 wallpaper isn't even available in my region. I like that they have decided not to overburden the EU store with quality rewards. It's also cool how there is a message on all the items you have got enough points to afford -

"You can get this!"

Exclamation mark!

It's a fucking wallpaper with Mario's face on. No real need for exclamation there IMHO.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since no one uses Miitomo, there's an interesting update today.

They've added the option to use your Miitomo avatar and costume in Mario Run.

It's a small step, but it's a sign that those costumes can indeed be used outside Miitomo so here's hoping they do appear on Switch like everyone hoped.

zroid

Banned

It's a small step, but it's a sign that those costumes can indeed be used outside Miitomo so here's hoping they do appear on Switch like everyone hoped.

if they have the capacity to do this then i see no reason why it can't apply to Switch as well

plz nintendo

Does Miitomo have the option yet to change your Mii's default/favourite colour?
It's been strangely missing for all this time, need to get my boy out of that blue shirt.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I didn't like the Club Nintendo rewards either. Most of it was just cheap trash with the odd exception like the famous SNES controller, which I never managed to get because they expired all my stars. But compared to this it was like a trolley dash in Harrods.

I had a look just now and that SF2 wallpaper isn't even available in my region. I like that they have decided not to overburden the EU store with quality rewards. It's also cool how there is a message on all the items you have got enough points to afford -

"You can get this!"

Exclamation mark!

It's a fucking wallpaper with Mario's face on. No real need for exclamation there IMHO.

At least Club Nintendo featured downloadable virtual console games that changed on a monthly basis, even if it repeatedly had shit like Urban Champion. It was a better alternative to the current downloadable catalog and the paltry discounts.

Penguin

Physical reward... if you live in NYC while supplies last!

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/857957056858509312

C-gNTCUUAAEMLDm.jpg

zroid

Banned
There's no deadline to claim your gold coins on Switch games right? I figure it might as well wait on MK8 since there's nothing to spend the coins on anyway.

ramparter

Banned
There's no deadline to claim your gold coins on Switch games right? I figure it might as well wait on MK8 since there's nothing to spend the coins on anyway.
2 years I think

Edit: late and wrong

Lol from when the game launches hahahaha thats more classic Nintendo than the nes mini

jph139

We just need Switch rewards. That's all I ask.

Like, I'd be fine with coupons, honestly. It's not great but I can live with it.

The problem is that Nintendo only has four games out now on the Switch, and I don't think they want to cut into profits by offering discounts yet. So they're gonna keep pushing out Wii U and 3DS rewards, but, like, I've moved on at this point. I'm not putting more cash into old VC titles on old platforms.

They need to get the Virtual Console up, or even team up to offer NeoGeo and indie coupons. I'd spend some gold coins to get 20% off of Samurai Shodown or whatever.

Bowl0l

Another one.
Nintendo Online subscribers Platinum coins have no expiry date when they are subscribed to Nintendo Online.

Shiggy

Some great new rewards in Europe again... not.

There is a deadline: 2 years starting from the release date in Europe, 1 year in Japan and 1 year in North America.

tsundoku

so now I can put my miitomo clothes on my mii and use them in nintendos terrible mario game but I still cant take a miifoto or a dressed up mii and use it on the switch profile?

getting close to not even opening the app for 60seconds a day to grab a candy and the daily coins

Shiggy

so now I can put my miitomo clothes on my mii and use them in nintendos terrible mario game but I still cant take a miifoto or a dressed up mii and use it on the switch profile?

getting close to not even opening the app for 60seconds a day to grab a candy and the daily coins

You can't expect them to continue supporting Miitomo just for you when everyone else has quit that app a year ago. This thread is for whining about My Nintendo. :p

nubbe

Street Fighter 2 €5 on Wii U and €40 on Switch
Guess the crappy Udon art and Hadouken mode is worth the extra €35 ... NOT

Kovacs

Just registered physical copies of Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris for a grand total of 14 and 10 Gold points respectively.

I've not really paid attention to the new system so thought I'd have a look what's available and now I've had to come and find this thread to express my disbelief.

I can save a whole £3.20 on Yohi's New Island if I cash in 40 points or £9.76 on Fire Emblem Awakening if I cash in 100 points taking it down to the price I'd probably pay at retail.

100 points, and you get 14 points for a full priced release!? Seven (.14) full priced games for a 30% discount?!

The days of getting Animal Crossing embossed notebooks, soundtrack CD's and the incredibly useful 3DS cart holder that I use to this day really have come and gone. That's just sad.

Just registered physical copies of Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris for a grand total of 14 and 10 Gold points respectively.

I've not really paid attention to the new system so thought I'd have a look what's available and now I've had to come and find this thread to express my disbelief.

I can save a whole £3.20 on Yohi's New Island if I cash in 40 points or £9.76 on Fire Emblem Awakening if I cash in 100 points taking it down to the price I'd probably pay at retail.

100 points, and you get 14 points for a full priced release!? Seven (.14) full priced games for a 30% discount?!

The days of getting Animal Crossing embossed notebooks, soundtrack CD's and the incredibly useful 3DS cart holder that I use to this day really have come and gone. That's just sad.

Yep. If you're not buying games through the eshop it really isn't worth it. I just realized that I missed out on 10 gold points by a single penny thanks to a game being $4.99 instead of $5

Well. I already have bought all the games that had discounts put up this month.

This service really blows, even compared to club Nintendo.

zroid

Banned
New gold discounts on Street Fighter games in NA

60 gold for 40% off Street Fighter IV (3DS) (lol)

30 gold for 40% off Super Street Fighter II New Challengers (Wii U)

30 gold for 40% off Street Fighter Alpha 2 (New 3DS)

Shiggy

I think I paid $13 for it, but then also got Shantae, Darksiders 2, Rhythm Thief, and Retro City Rampage: DX at that price.

Isn't it time for a Humble Nintendo bundle again?

Kovacs

I think I paid $13 for it, but then also got Shantae, Darksiders 2, Rhythm Thief, and Retro City Rampage: DX at that price.

That was a great bundle. Still a little annoyed that my physical save from Rhythm Thief wouldn't work with the download version though.

I was surprised just how good SFIV looked and played on the 3DS.

Shiggy

That was a great bundle. Still a little annoyed that my physical save from Rhythm Thief wouldn't work with the download version though.

Oh, it does. You can transfer saves from physical games so that they can be used with the eShop version. It's just the other way around that it's not possible.

TheMoon

Oh, it does. You can transfer saves from physical games so that they can be used with the eShop version. It's just the other way around that it's not possible.

Yup, note that you need that save transfer app for that. Just type "transfer" or "save" into the eShop search and go nuts.

tauroxd

You did pay $13 for all that, as I did.

And March was the time for a new Humble Bundle for Nintendo, but seeing as Switch is the priority it will probably comeback later in the year or around March 2018 to include Switch games.

donny2112

Last day for the Rhythm Heaven MegaMix discount, in case you were waiting until the last minute to stretch out the discount period as far as possible.

Smasher89

Not entirely sure since I dont read japanese, but got a mail with these pictures
00000621_820_461.png
1612_8_img04_2.jpg

Tried to use google translate for anything not in the mail, and those games might be the birthday discounts for this year, that said no Switch so cant check I think.

bumpkin

I mostly remember SFA2 on SNES as being one of the first games on the system that had lengthy load times despite being on a cartridge.

PtM

Banned
You can't expect them to continue supporting Miitomo just for you when everyone else has quit that app a year ago. This thread is for whining about My Nintendo. :p
Speaking of Miitomo, the ticket items are monthly again/got a refill. Whew!
I should've used them to get more elve wigs...

The Miitomo support in SMR actually has reinvigorated my expectations for Switch compatibility. Maybe with Switch getting its own Miitomo app and a Screenshot Central of sorts?

Top Bottom