• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Shiggy

That looks a lot like the present that drops down from the sky when you redeem coins for a reward.

Doesn't seem to be the same:

screenshot2017-05-31aorusp.png

That present is in this image:
https://cdn.my.nintendo.com/static/...s-silver.png?d284eccb1fa42d30b2ccd8ae729bdbb2

So there is a strong possibility that Fatal Frame Maiden of The Black Water might just get a discount?

I'd predict a no at that, because what seems to be another or even primary factor is Nintendo wanting to sell you the thing, while with Fatal Frame and a few other titles it felt like they really released it to avoid getting blamed for it not being released.

jnWake

Had to spend some coins today before they expired.

I'm now the proud owner of Prima Guides for games I already beat and more golden statues I don't care about in Mario Run.

I'm happy about the guides

How's the Zelda Picross?

Kind of infuriating if you're used to the other 3DS Picross games. They changed the controls to toggle instead of hold, with no option to change them back. You can get used to it, though, and there isn't going to be anything better to spend those coins on anyway.

tauroxd

Convince me not to spend my coins on Tokyo mirage sessions

If they are expiring, spend them!

TME will probably never be on sale on digital. Also, they could add some pretty stupid games to replace the 30% off discount,

Sorry. I did the opposite of what you ask, but really, if you like JRPG, if you like Persona and want to have a Persona lite or Persona like game, go for it. Otherwise, let it go and hope that the games replacing those wih 30% off with Gold coins are good.

PtM

Banned
Convince me not to spend my coins on Tokyo mirage sessions
I spent 100 coins on a Capitan Todd discount just to reconsider and buy an amiibo bundle on eBay. No remorse.

Just let them expire, you got them as an extra and they're not worth it for a "discount" that brings a price down to only humane.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just got an e-mail that because this month is my birthday My Nintendo is so generous to give me a 30% discount on selected games on
Wii U
. 3 games that I have already and 2 I have no interest to ever buy. Wtf? My Nintendo is starting to annoy me, it's like somebody would give you gifts that you know they received from somebody else and even used them for a while.

This is not rewarding the loyalty, Nintendo.

When are they going to give away Switch rewards too? Should I abstain from buying any games on Switch so I could actually benefit from the rewards when they decide to do that?

Robin64

When are they going to give away Switch rewards too? Should I abstain from buying any games on Switch so I could actually benefit from the rewards when they decide to do that?

Yeah, this is their biggest problem. Do I not buy ARMs because in a year's time I might get a voucher on my birthday for 30% off?

Bring out the Switch themes already, Nintendo.

Yeah, this is their biggest problem. Do I not buy ARMs because in a year's time I might get a voucher on my birthday for 30% off?

Bring out the Switch themes already, Nintendo.

Switch themes and discounts on indies/Virtual Console games is what I want to see.

I guess I'm considered "loyal" because I buy a good percentage of first party Nintendo games on day 1, so I'm not really being rewarded for being loyal at this point.

OmegaFax

Switch themes and discounts on indies/Virtual Console games is what I want to see.

I guess I'm considered "loyal" because I buy a good percentage of first party Nintendo games on day 1, so I'm not really being rewarded for being loyal at this point.

I may be wrong but I believe that the Japanese side of My Nintendo does not even have a Switch placeholder.

It's a coin-toss inclusion to have the placeholder. It was probably done in order not dissuade Switch owners from ever visiting the website again. We're about three months into the Switch's release and Nintendo hasn't said a word about it.

A lot of talk in this forum, YouTube, and elsewhere are about Nintendo's second chance to bring games like Mario Kart 8 to people that never owned a Wii U. Games that might not be new to you or me might be totally new experiences for some Switch owners.

Under that logic, people that visit My Nintendo may have absolutely no use for the 3DS/Wii U discounts or software and may not play mobile games. They're alienating new customers or returning Switch customers by advertising some incentive that doesn't exist.

People are earning coins for purchasing physical or digital Switch titles they can do nothing with.

It's silly that My Nintendo has been available for nearly 15 months + the Switch being available for nearly 3 of those months and Nintendo has not laid out any concrete plans for My Nintendo on Switch or their future plans for online support for that platform. This is how they're treating their flagship platform. I guess E3's around the corner but I really don't think Nintendo has or needed to wait for a tentpole media event to info dump.

The great thing about this is that it would be so much less aggravating if they had no program in place AT ALL, rather than this mickey-mouse bullshit. What function is this fulfilling? It's just annoying and is a disincentive to brand loyalty. Every time I think about it I get so riled up. It's insulting frankly.

I assume at some point we will get offered discounts on Switch games but even then they will most likely not match the sales offered by the other platform holders as a matter of course.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The great thing about this is that it would be so much less aggravating if they had no program in place AT ALL, rather than this mickey-mouse bullshit. What function is this fulfilling? It's just annoying and is a disincentive to brand loyalty. Every time I think about it I get so riled up.

So...no discounts is better than some discounts?

foltzie1

Guys... we should wait until they announce their online plans at E3 before we judge this service.

No, the service has been terrible for the last year or so. It's weird in that it started off with some promise with the Zelda Picross and Wario Ware titles.

At the very least the program does not do a good job of rewarding more committed players.

It could always get better in which case it would be viewed more favorably, but with a crappy ramp up period.

Ondore

New NA rewards:
Platinum Discounts
- 15% off Animal Crossing: New Leaf welcome amiibo (300)
- 15% off Wind Waker HD (300)
- 15% off Pikmin 3 (300)
- 20% off Mario Kart 64 (200)

Gold Discounts
- 20% off Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (30)
- 20% off Tomodachi Life (30)
- 30% off Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream (20, for one of Wii U / 3DS)
- 30% off Punch-Out 2009 (30)
- 30% off Mario Party 10 (70)
- 30% off Super Mario 64 (30)
- 30% off Super Punch-Out (30, Wii U or 3DS)

Codes
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 is back (60)

zroid

Banned
New NA rewards:
Platinum Discounts
- 15% off Animal Crossing: New Leaf welcome amiibo (300)
- 15% off Wind Waker HD (300)
- 15% off Pikmin 3 (300)
- 20% off Mario Kart 64 (200)

Gold Discounts
- 20% off Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (30)
- 20% off Tomodachi Life (30)
- 30% off Punch-Out Featuring Mr. Dream (20, for one of Wii U / 3DS)
- 30% off Punch-Out 2009 (30)
- 30% off Mario Party 10 (70)
- 30% off Super Mario 64 (30)
- 30% off Super Punch-Out (30, Wii U or 3DS)

Codes
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 is back (60)
meh

No, the service has been terrible for the last year or so. It's weird in that it started off with some promise with the Zelda Picross and Wario Ware titles.

At the very least the program does not do a good job of rewarding more committed players.

It could always get better in which case it would be viewed more favorably, but with a crappy ramp up period.

We better finally get some actual Switch rewards during E3, never mind just telling us about the discount program with their online service.

I was poking fun at those of us who thought the service would be worthwhile :p / :(

Man the US in particular seems to get some stingy Gold Coin deals!

What's this like for the Japanese? I know they had the Kid Icarus shorts at least, those would've been cool...

jnWake

I was poking fun at those of us who thought the service would be worthwhile :p / :(

Man the US in particular seems to get some stingy Gold Coin deals!

What's this like for the Japanese? I know they had the Kid Icarus shorts at least, those would've been cool...

US got the Kid Icarus shorts as well.

i-Jest

I'd predict a no at that, because what seems to be another or even primary factor is Nintendo wanting to sell you the thing, while with Fatal Frame and a few other titles it felt like they really released it to avoid getting blamed for it not being released.

Mmaaannn.

Is it ever got to get some kind of discount?

zroid

Banned
I am able to spend my coins fast enough so none expire, but only just

and that's considering the fact I still use Miitomo

I just got an e-mail that because this month is my birthday My Nintendo is so generous to give me a 30% discount on selected games on
Wii U
. 3 games that I have already and 2 I have no interest to ever buy. Wtf? My Nintendo is starting to annoy me, it's like somebody would give you gifts that you know they received from somebody else and even used them for a while.

My birthday was last month so I got to experience the same pain... At this point I'm also considering holding off on certain Switch games just so I can get a discount on something in the future.

OmegaFax

I got my birthday coupon today and it's all games I already own or had at one point. I wish they would just give flat out eShop credit or maybe half the discount on any other game 10% or 15% instead of 30% on a selection.

It's been said way too often: damn, I miss Club NIntendo + Wii U Digital Deluxe Program. $5 eShop credit for every $50 spent was awesome + Club Nintendo rewards counted fully towards it and you got coins for more Club NIntendo rewards.

PtM

Banned
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/my-nintendo-list-of-rewards-europe-north-america-japan/

They got two golden 40% discounts on FE games for which they've had silver 30% discounts two months before...
I, uh, THINK the US got a new reward?

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Prima Game Guide (30 gold coins)
Don't forget the brand new Akuma Calendar Wallpaper.

gaiages

Banned
Wii U

My e-mail link freaked out and won't even show me the discount lol

Looks like I'm not missing out on anything though, since I've bought everything on Wii U I've wanted to buy anyway.

Is there a reason I never get the birthday emails? My birthday was back in March and still didn't get it. I checked and my birthday is entered on my profile. Do I have to do anything special?

iphys

Is there a reason I never get the birthday emails? My birthday was back in March and still didn't get it. I checked and my birthday is entered on my profile. Do I have to do anything special?

Are you signed up to receive promotional e-mails? I think it might appear under your offers in the eShop even if not, but it would probably be easy to overlook. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, as the games are all ones you own, don't want, or are cheaper to buy physical, so I never even used mine. Really, it's just Nintendo using your birthday as an excuse to try to get more money out of you.

Top Bottom