• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

i-Jest

Looking at the paid online bonuses next year, I don't see My Nintendo getting any better in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'm just taking advantage of game discounts not normally seen on the Eshop anyway. I've learned to stop getting mad at the programs short comings. I enjoy it for what it is, instead of getting frustrated at what it can potentially be.

Nintendo is ALWAYS going to be on some left field shit. Either enjoy what they offer or keep it moving. They don't concern themselves with the opinions of consumers if they don't give the opportunity for people to voice concern.

Bowl0l

Is there a reason I never get the birthday emails? My birthday was back in March and still didn't get it. I checked and my birthday is entered on my profile. Do I have to do anything special?
The email title is not clear so you probably will miss it. Try to open every email sent by Nintendo.

donny2112

I am able to spend my coins fast enough so none expire, but only just

and that's considering the fact I still use Miitomo

Ditto. May have a bit of a problem when the FE coins come up for renewal, but considering FE has unlimited use redeem options, probably not.

US got the Kid Icarus shorts as well.

Oh! So I guess there's a chance we'll get them... maybe... some day...
I know physical goods are out but giving away the AR trading cards which were nigh-on impossible to collect would be amazing.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/my-nintendo-list-of-rewards-europe-north-america-japan/

They got two golden 40% discounts on FE games for which they've had silver 30% discounts two months before…

Oops I forgot about this site!
Hmm not great (surprise surprise) but the fact they have a deal on Miitopia is interesting.
May hold off on it when it releases here and see if the same deal pops up on our end...

i-Jest

Welp, redeemed points for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I doubt that game will ever go on sale at this point. I'm curious but do I need to install CFW to use the fan patch that does away with all the censor? I'll play it either way though.

At the very least I'm glad all the Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin DLC is all available at once right now instead of having one piece up.

Welp, redeemed points for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I doubt that game will ever go on sale at this point. I'm curious but do I need to install CFW to use the fan patch that does away with all the censor? I'll play it either way though.

The RPG rewards expired?

I was seriously considering getting that Xenoblade Chronicles X discount to use 140 Gold Coins.

I have 110 coins expiring this month and the next. Pikmin takes 80 coins luckily and if push comes to shove I guess I'll get those 3DS themes. These rewards need to be up way more.

zroid

Banned

the switch port will go on "sale" next year :p

P.S.: the localized version is better. they actually put effort into the outfits rather than have boring fucking swimsuits.

I hope we get Switch rewards after E3.
I hope so too. I wonder what they would ever provide at this point though, besides the discounts on games, and maybe some game guides (which I own most of the games they've offered, discount wise). I'd like some themes but I don't see those happening anytime soon.

Oersted

I hope so too. I wonder what they would ever provide at this point though, besides the discounts on games, and maybe some game guides (which I own most of the games they've offered, discount wise). I'd like some themes but I don't see those happening anytime soon.

Soundtracks would be nice. Just upload the sound files.

If they announce VC at E3, then it'd be a great idea to introduce the service by offering discounts on their first set of VC games or even a free game. If no VC is announced, then at least have discounts on current games.

Or like Oersted has mentioned, soundtracks for released games at the very least.

i-Jest

The RPG rewards expired?

I was seriously considering getting that Xenoblade Chronicles X discount to use 140 Gold Coins.

I have 110 coins expiring this month and the next. Pikmin takes 80 coins luckily and if push comes to shove I guess I'll get those 3DS themes. These rewards need to be up way more.

I redeemed my points yesterday. I was thinking of getting Xenoblade X as well, but didn't have enough for both. TMS is the more obscure of the two and I wanted to support it one last time.

the switch port will go on "sale" next year :p

P.S.: the localized version is better. they actually put effort into the outfits rather than have boring fucking swimsuits.

I have serious doubts about Switch ports for most WiiU games. Key titles like Smash, and pretty much anything Mario related could happen, but everything else seems not as likely. If Nintendo hasn't said it will happen, even if it makes perfect sense to assume it would, then I'm not gonna hop on all that bandwagon talk about WiiU Switch ports. Remember, Nintendo always does things from left field.

I'm gonna start up TMS sometime next week FINALLY. Thanks for the input.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Switch themes to be an E3 announcement would be kind of neat.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but would be neat if we could get a free month or a discount on the online with gold coins. Though I know that's not gonna happen.

Otherwise.....I don't know, a gold coin discount on the Zelda Season Pass?? Probably still waaaaaaaaay too early on that, though.

What Switch rewards would you expect? It's way too early for free games (lol), way too early for discounted Nintendo games, and it doesn't even have themes yet does it?

Limited plays for F2P stuff, obviously. One hour of Mario's Minesweeper, one hundred platinum coins, can be used once a month.

Actually Mario's Minesweeper can even be a "free" title as long as it has, like, fifty boards total and no generator.

Another "option" "worth" "considering": clause combinations. If you had MK8 on Wii U's eShop with all DLC, and if you are willing to pay one thousand gold coins in addition to two thousand silver coins as well as send Nintendo your DNA sample for usage in beta version of their new QoL effort, a blind-date-to-marriage matchmaking service*, then you can enjoy 10% discount on MK8D if you buy 1-2-Switch and Ultra Street Fighter 2 at the same time.

Terms and conditions apply. If the system finds a match, you will be obligated to date them three times.
We will not comment on rumours and speculations regarding system considering everyone signing up for the service being potential good matches due to their fondness of Nintendo products.

What Switch rewards would you expect? It's way too early for free games (lol), way too early for discounted Nintendo games, and it doesn't even have themes yet does it?

Soundtracks of released games. Discounts on one or two games. No need for free games yet until we get a lot of classics.

It wouldn't be much but it's better than nothing.

iphys

They gave us those Warioware and Picross games for 3DS. Shouldn't be that hard to at least put up one VC game and get everyone excited about VC for Switch. Or if they insist on only giving us junk, put up 1-2 Switch since no one's buying it with real money. Gold coins only last a year, and some people only have a Switch to redeem on, so they've got to release something more substantial than starter guides for people to spend their gold coins on.

bumpkin

Soundtracks of released games. Discounts on one or two games. No need for free games yet until we get a lot of classics.

It wouldn't be much but it's better than nothing.
Shit, I'd be happy with official digital versions/rips of soundtracks. The physical versions would be amazing, but I get that they are going for all-digital with rewards this time around. OSTs sound like no-brainers that would have value to members/fans.

That is so long as they don't pull a fast one and release it as something you can only listen to in the 3DS Audio application.

TheMoon

Shit, I'd be happy with official digital versions/rips of soundtracks. The physical versions would be amazing, but I get that they are going for all-digital with rewards this time around. OSTs sound like no-brainers that would have value to members/fans.

That is so long as they don't pull a fast one and release it as something you can only listen to in the 3DS Audio application.

Problem with this:

what stops people from doing what they're doing with the wallpapers and just posting the links/reuploading them.

Bowl0l

Problem with this:

what stops people from doing what they're doing with the wallpapers and just posting the links/reuploading them.
Nintendo could giveaway samples instead (1 min audio samples). Who says demo should be limited to games only?

PtM

Banned
In other news, hidden missions do seem to be on weekly rotation. Also, the three hidden Miis don't appear simultaneously, you'll have to check everywhere three times.

Zeeman

Is anyone else unable to be logged in for the Daily Poll on https://e3.nintendo.com? I'm logged in on the My Nintendo site itself but, it doesn't show me as logged in on the E3 page.

I had the same issue when I was on Chrome, but it worked for me on Firefox

Are they doing anything with My Nintendo this year?

So far just the daily poll on e3.nintendo.com that can enter you into a sweepstakes in NA

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got it to work on Firefox as well. Found one of the "secret" missions (scroll under the poll to find Mario's hat for another 20 coins), though it says it's the 2nd secret mission, where's the other one?

Top Bottom