• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My pain in the arse contacting MS support, might be funny to some....

jesu

I might get ripped to shreds here but these threads are kind of funny to me when they happen to someone else!
Huge transcript though....
Hard as fuck to read...
She jumped in at the end and ended the conversation!
Dude I'm on with now said the pre-order hasn't been cancelled, she said it has...

Jessie K.
Hi, thanks for visiting Xbox Support! I'm Jessie K..
20:38
Me
Hi, I am having trouble paying for my Forza Horizon 3 pre-order
20:39
Jessie K.
Good day D!
Jessie K.
Sorry, good evening!
Jessie K.
And yes, thanks for sharing your concern with me.
Jessie K.
Let's work together here so that we can then isolate the issue.
Me
ok
Jessie K.
Allow me to pull up your account for me to check its details. I believe you are referring to the ***@hotmail.com - Sir Funkified account, yes?
20:40
Me
that's me yes
20:40
Jessie K.
Thanks for confirming that. Let me verify a few things here so that we can then proceed with the appropriate steps to take.
20:41
Jessie K.
When was the game preordered?
20:41
Me
17th june
20:42
Jessie K.
Thanks! Checking your account details now. Please bear with me.
20:43
Jessie K.
I appreciate your patience.
20:44
Me
no problem
20:44
Jessie K.
I do see here that you have indeed preordered the game, Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, on Jun 17, 2016 for 79.99 GBP.
20:45
Jessie K.
However, the payment wasn't successfully collected as I'm seeing an "Authorization Failed" prompt on the transaction.
Me
yes
Jessie K.
And that could be the reason why you can't access the game as of the moment.
Me
yes but why would it fail?
20:46
Jessie K.
This is actually common to those with invalid or expired payment option tied to the preorder.
Jessie K.
Or your bank hasn't authorized the card for this preorder.
Jessie K.
Let me show you the transaction and help you correct it.
Jessie K.
Shall we proceed?
Me
The payment option is fine, I use it all the time
Me
yes proceed
Jessie K.
Please sign in to your account at the online site, https://billing.microsoft.com
20:47
Me
I'm there already
Jessie K.
On the page, please go to "Payment & Billing" then select "Order/Purchase History"
Jessie K.
From there, please locate the purchase on June 17, 2016.
20:48
Me
got it
20:48
Jessie K.
Thanks! What are your options shown there, if I may ask?
20:49
Jessie K.
Are you shown the option to "Change how you pay?"
20:50
Me
Change How You Pay, but the only option is my Visa card. I'd like to use my MS account balance to pay £64.64 and then the rest off my Visa card
20:51
Jessie K.
I see. Thanks for bringing that up. Is there a drop-down shown as you select "Change how you pay" and then see the "Pay with (payment option)" section?
20:53
Me
Yes but only Visa is in the drop down, I would use paypal but that doesn't show in the drop down
20:54
Me
when I choose Visa and click next it says "We couldn’t update your order to use Visa as backup. Waiting a bit might help.
20:54
Jessie K.
Alright. Are you shown the option to preorder the content as you go to the preorder site here ?
20:56
Me
It says "You own this"
20:57
Jessie K.
Yeah that's what I also thought. As the preorder license is on your account. It's just the payment that has failed.
20:58
Jessie K.
To be totally honest with you, this case has been raised from our end and that we have just gotten the workaround recently.
Jessie K.
And that is via updating card which can only be done from your end.
Me
there is nothing wrong with the card
20:59
Me
I used it for EA access in August
20:59
Me
hello
21:01
Jessie K.
I'm just here. Please give me a few minutes as I have our case raised from my end
21:01
Jessie K.
And from what I'm seeing here, it's actually the Microsoft Account balance that's initially tied to your preorder.
21:02
Jessie K.
The rest is paid with the attached payment option, which has declined the payment.
21:03
Jessie K.
Which is why it's showing up as authorization failed or "Payment failed" from your end.
Jessie K.
I understand that the card may not have any issues but I would still suggest that you check it with your bank or payment provider for clarification and/or authorization.
Me
can I not use paypal then?
21:04
Jessie K.
Oh you may. It's just strange why it's not showing up from your end.
21:05
Jessie K.
Are you shown the option to "Add a payment option?"
Me
yes and paypal is already there when it takes me to the next page
Jessie K.
Oh alright. So to confirm, are you able to update the payment option using the PayPal account?
21:06
Me
No I can't choose it.Add a payment option just takes me to the Payment Option page.my paypal account is there but there is no way to choose it
21:08
Jessie K.
I see that. How about the option to "Fix (payment option)?"
21:09
Me
There is now Fix Payment option. Whilst we were talking I have just used my Visa card to by a game btw there was no problem with that game
21:10
Jessie K.
Yes, the "Fix (payment option)" shows up for those who are doing the split payment purchase (pay with local currency + a card/PayPal).
21:12
Jessie K.
And thanks for the additional information.
21:12
Me
Ctrl F - Fix, there is no fix payment option on any of the pages I have open
21:13
Jessie K.
Are you then shown the option to use your other card when you select "Fix (payment option)?"
21:13
Jessie K.
The "Fix (payment option)" is shown under your preorder.
21:14
Jessie K.
So please open your preorder for the details.
21:14
Jessie K.
Under Order History, that is.,
21:15
Me
I have Payment Failed, Change How You Pay no Fix Payment option
21:15
Jessie K.
What happens next as you select "Payment Failed?"
21:18
Me
Payment Failed isn't clickable, only change how you pay is
21:19
Jessie K.
Okay please reload the page and retry the "Change how you pay" option.
21:20
Jessie K.
Let me know how it goes, please.
21:20
Me
I have a Pay With option, I can only choose Visa there. When I choose it it says We couldn’t update your order to use Visa ** as backup. Waiting a bit might help.
21:21
Jessie K.
Thanks for the update D. Please give me a few minutes as I have our case raised from my end. I just want to make sure that I get to provide you with the most appropriate resolution on this one.
21:22
Me
ok thanks
21:23
Jessie K.
My pleasure!
21:23
Jessie K.
I'm still on our case. Please give me more time.
21:30
Me
ok....
21:30
Jessie K.
Hi, D.
21:36
Jessie K.
I thank you for your patience.
Me
hi!
Jessie K.
I have actually had our case raised from my end and I have confirmed that the PayPal account can't be used to complete a preorder. I do apologize for the confusion.
21:37
Me
ok
Jessie K.
As to the prompt that we get "We couldn’t update your order to use (payment option) as backup. Waiting a bit might help."
Jessie K.
That means the card may not have enough balance to complete the purchase, or the specific transaction isn't authorized by your bank.
Jessie K.
What I would best recommend is that we either use a different card or to add local currency to your account for the preorder to be completed with the use of the local currency.
21:38
Jessie K.
Your thoughts, please?
21:39
Me
there is plenty of money on the card and as you can see I can still use it to buy games, I believe the problem is your end not mine.
21:39
Me
how would I add local currency to my account?
21:40
Jessie K.
Actually, it isn't the current state of the card that may be affecting this. Instead, it's when the system attempted to charge the card wherein it was declined that caused the transaction to fail.
21:41
Jessie K.
You may purchase a prepaid gift code from the Microsoft store or your local retailer.
21:41
Jessie K.
To getting a local currency for your account, that is.
21:42
Jessie K.
But I would like to try one thing here.
Jessie K.
That is to remove your card from the account and re-add it from your end.
Jessie K.
Shall I proceed?
Me
can I do that when I have my EA Access subscription using it?
Jessie K.
Yes, I can temporarily switch the payment option tied to your EA Access with the PayPal option.
21:43
Jessie K.
May I proceed?
21:43
Me
ok, are you removing it and I'll re-add it?
21:44
Jessie K.
Yes, you're correct.
Jessie K.
I'm now removing the card.
Me
go for it
Jessie K.
One moment, please.
Jessie K.
Hi thanks for your patience.
21:45
Jessie K.
Please sign out and then sign back in to your account.
21:45
Me
right, hang on
21:46
Jessie K.
Then recheck the transaction and see what your current options are now that the tied card has been removed.
Jessie K.
I'll just be here, D. Thanks!
Me
My only option is to add a payment method, I shall do that?
21:47
Jessie K.
Yes, please.
21:48
Jessie K.
Let me know how it goes, please.
21:48
Me
Same again, "We couldn’t update your order to use Visa ** as backup. Waiting a bit might help."
21:50
Jessie K.
For that matter, D, I can then best recommend that we use a different payment option for the preorder.
21:51
Jessie K.
By the way, is your PayPal account tied to a credit card?
Me
yes, it's tied to the same Visa card
Jessie K.
I see. Please use a different card at this point or a Microsoft account local currency to pay the full price of 79.99 GBP.
21:53
Me
once i add the local currency to my account, how do I go about paying for the pre-order?
21:53
Jessie K.
That's through the same process, D. "Change how you pay" option that is.
21:54
Jessie K.
I would really like to walk you all throughout the process. Shall we proceed with purchasing a Local currency while you have me here on chat? I can go ahead and process that for you.
21:55
Jessie K.
If you would opt to, that is.
Me
yes do that please, I can't find it on the MS store
Jessie K.
In case the same issue persists, though, I may then have to have our case further investigated, which would take around 24-48 hours, just a heads up.
Me
ok
Jessie K.
Sorry about the inconvenience this may have brought you though.
Me
no worries
21:56
Jessie K.
Surely this isn't the situation I wish you to experience here on Live.
Jessie K.
And yes, I'm pulling up my tools here for the purchase.
Me
no, i thought it would be fixed quicker than this!
Me
:)
Jessie K.
Yeah sorry about that. This actually only happens when the card has declined the payment. The local currency is alright on your account. But I find it strange as well that your current card is good yet it isn't being accepted by the system.
21:57
Me
it's the new store no doubt
21:58
Jessie K.
Yeah I appreciate you bearing with me on this one.
21:58
Jessie K.
I truly respect your dedication as well.
21:59
Me
thanks
21:59
Jessie K.
You're welcome! Okay so we have here 10GBP, 25GBP, and 50GBP gift codes.
22:00
Jessie K.
Which one would you like to purchase, if I may ask?
Me
I'll buy 2 £10s
Jessie K.
Sure thing!
22:01
Jessie K.
Please give me a moment.
22:01
Jessie K.
Okay so the total price would be 20GBP for two (2) 10GBP Xbox Digital Card.
22:03
Me
ok
Jessie K.
You would like the order to be processed under your ***@hotmail.com account, yes?
Me
yes it needs to be
Jessie K.
Thank you for the confirmation.
22:04
Jessie K.
I may have to call you for the card details.
22:05
Jessie K.
Due to the sensitivity of the information, we can't ask for it here on chat, you see
22:05
Me
right, do you have the phone number?
22:06
Jessie K.
Not yet. Please provide me your phone number here on chat.
22:06
Me
01772 ******
22:07
Jessie K.
Thank you! Please give me more time.
Me
k
Jessie K.
About to call you now. Thanks for your patience.
22:09
Me
k
22:09
Jessie K.
Hi!
22:16
Me
I'm back!
Jessie K.
Thanks for accepting my call.
Jessie K.
The order is currently being processed. I'll let you know once it's completed.
Me
ok
Jessie K.
You may go get yourself a refreshment while I work on our case.
Me
will do
22:17
Jessie K.
Hi thanks for your patience.
22:18
Jessie K.
I now have completed the order.
Me
cool
Jessie K.
Your order confirmation number is ***********
Jessie K.
Your receipt has been sent to ***@hotmail.com
Jessie K.
As well as both the digital gift codes.
Jessie K.
I can also send it to you here on chat.
Jessie K.
Shall I proceed?
22:19
Me
yes, and i will redeem the codes on xbox.com?
Jessie K.
Yes, you are correct.
VP4WW-2NQ2H-DKKRX-C97DW-J8DJ2
N3QKX-G4XX9-PP29H-VQR6B-X4QJ2
Jessie K.
There you go!
Jessie K.
You may redeem it either through the console or the online site:
Jessie K.
https://live.xbox.com/redeemtoken
22:20
Me
i'll do it the website just now
Jessie K.
Sure, thanks! I'll just be here.
Me
Right, both of those are added.
22:21
Jessie K.
Thank you!
22:22
Jessie K.
Please reload the https://billing.microsoft.com page and check the transaction.
22:23
Me
still says Payment Failed
22:23
Jessie K.
Yes, are you able to use the "Change how you pay" and/or the "add a payment option" using the local currency?
22:24
Jessie K.
As your account now has enough balance to settle the preorder charge of 79.99 GBP.
22:25
Me
Yes I can see I now have £84.64 but not a way to use that for the purchase, the pay with drop down option is still just Visa
22:26
Jessie K.
Thanks for the details you have provided me. Please give me a few minutes to verify this.
22:28
Jessie K.
Hi, D. I really appreciate your patience and cooperation with me.
22:31
Me
ok...
Jessie K.
I now have raised our case from my end for the pre-order cancellation. I would like to confirm to you that the preorder cancellation is within 3 days before the release date so what we'd best advise is that you retry the preorder 3 days before the release date.
22:32
Jessie K.
As an assurance that we are monitoring on your case, I have documented what we have discussed here on chat and wrapped it all up on this Service Request number: **********
22:33
Jessie K.
Should you need further assistance or clarifications regarding this matter, you may contact us back and provide us that reference number.
Me
so what should i do? you will cancel my present pre-order and then what
Jessie K.
Yes, I would like to explain to you as well that the reason why the current transaction isn't accepting any of your valid cards anymore is that it has tried to charge the current card 3 times already. Therefore, there is a need to cancel the current preorder, which may take 24-48 hours to be completed, and complete another game preorder.
22:35
Jessie K.
So in 3 days, you can then complete the game preorder.
22:36
Me
using the credit on my account?
Jessie K.
Yes, please.
Jessie K.
Know that the process we’re on is the most effective and efficient resolution to your concern.
Jessie K.
D, I thank you for allowing me to explain this to you and direct you to the most appropriate resolution. Have I addressed all your concerns for today?
22:37
Jessie K.
Remember: Jessie here, at your service!
22:37
Me
yes I suppose, until I can get the game pre0ordered...
22:38
Jessie K.
I understand that this process may bring inconvenience to you, however, I do assure you that all the information I have provided you is accurate.
22:39
Jessie K.
Now that we got this sorted out, are there any other questions I can answer for you?
Jessie K.
I'll just be here, ready and willing to help!
Me
do I get any recompense for the 2 hours out of my night this has taken? which we both know isn't really my card's fault as it has worked twice fine during this 2 hour chat.
22:40
Jessie K.
As much as I would love to, D, I'm afraid I don't have the option to do that. As to the card that's originally tied to the preorder, it's not the current state the resulted to the authorization failure but the time when the preorder was to be settled for 3 times already.
22:44
Jessie K.
That is why there is a need to complete another game preorder.
22:44
Jessie K.
Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have brought you. To prevent this from happening in the future, please associate it with a valid card which is assured to be settling the balance 10 days prior the release date of the said preordered content.
22:45
Jessie K.
As of the moment, will there be any other questions I can answer for you aside from this?
22:45
Me
the card works, we both know it works, why my pre-order didn't go through isn't my fault.The fault lies at your end.The card is valid, you know it is valid, you just used it to buy 2 £10 gift cards, I just used it to buy a game I didn't want just to prove it worked.I'm not happy about this.
22:46
Me
if the card wasn't valid it wouldn't have worked twice during this 2 hour chat
22:47
Jessie K.
I appreciate you sharing to me your thoughts. D, I would just like to clarify that it isn't the current status of the card that declined the transaction.
22:48
Jessie K.
It was when the card was attempted to be charged on Sep 14, 2016 twice wherein it wasn't settled.
Jessie K.
That's when the card was declined.
Jessie K.
Although we can confirm that the card is now in good standing, it can't be used to settle the pending balance due to the declines on Sep 14.
22:49
Jessie K.
Even with the local currency tied to your account.
Jessie K.
Although we have indeed purchased a local currency with the attempt to settle the pending balance, you can still use the local currency to purchase the full amount.
Jessie K.
Which you have agreed to prior to completing the purchase.
22:50
Me
The card was fine on the 14th of September too, nothing has changed since then.There was more than enough money in the bank on the 14th of eptember.If it was declined on the 14th of september that was on your end too.
22:50
Me
I don't appreciate you blaming my card in this instance
22:52
Jessie K.
I understand that it has not been a very pleasant experience for you, however, I would request you to offer another chance so that I can then assist you. The card may have worked now that we have tried it or that it may have enough balance however, I may still have to advise that you contact your bank or payment provider for this as they are responsible for authorizing the payments that comes out your bank account.
22:54
Jessie K.
If the payment option has indeed been authorized for the preorder, of course the preorder would have gone through.
Jessie K.
But it didn't.
Jessie K.
That is why there is a need to have this verified from your bank or payment provider.
22:55
Jessie K.
From there, you will see all the declines and the reason why the transaction's declined.
Jessie K.
Which can also be shown from both our ends.

jesu

Me
I will do, contact my bank that is,I would also like to contact someone else higher than you regarding this matter. How do I go about that?
22:56
Jessie K.
I hope I was able to clarify everything to you to the best of my abilities. Rest assured, all the information I have provided you is accurate.
Me
why did I not get an email from MS on the 14th telling me my card had been rejected?
Jessie K.
Yes, please. I would advise though that you contact first your bank or payment provider for you to be provided with more information on why the transaction has been declined.
22:57
Jessie K.
And emails have already been sent to your account's billing notification email.
22:57
Jessie K.
You may check for the billing notification email that's set to your account at https://billing.microsoft.com (under Payment & Billing and then Billing Info).
22:58
Me
Tonight was the first night I received an email regarding this pre-order
Me
Apart from the conformation in June
Jessie K.
The email address noted there is your billing notifications email.
Jessie K.
Where the email about the decline was sent.
Me
i only got a decline email tonight, you said it was declined twice on the 14th
23:00
Jessie K.
I have verified that a preorder can then be cancelled after 3 declines. And that you are only sent the preorder transaction failure on the 3rd attempt to settle.
23:01
Me
Why was it not accepted tonight even after we verified that it did indeed work?
23:02
Jessie K.
Oh I'd like to clarify that it was before you contacted us or before we have performed the . So there were 2 declines on Sep 14, and another one earlier today.
23:04
Jessie K.
before we performed the troubleshooting steps*
23:04
Jessie K.
I hope that I now got this clarified to you.
23:05
Jessie K.
If you have additional concerns, please let me know.
23:05
Me
at 22:57 you said emails had already been sent to my address, now you are saying the single email I recieved tonight is the only email sent about this rejection.Correct? also my card worked tonight. I bought a game I didn't want just to prove that. why would my card not work even after proving that it did work?
23:06
Me
i have no clarification here
23:06
Jessie K.
I do apologize for the confusion. What I meant was that the email is only sent on the 3rd decline. As the 3rd decline is where we can then cancel the preorder and repurchase the game.
23:08
Me
you said there was emails(plural) sent
23:09
Jessie K.
As to the game, I can go ahead and cancel this for you.
Jessie K.
I apologize for the confusion.
Me
you said you already cancelled it, why now are you saying you can cancel it?
23:10
Jessie K.
I was referring to the preorder. As to the game you mentioned that you purchased to test the card, are you referring to ClusterPuck 99 for 4.00 GBP?
23:11
Jessie K.
I mean, the recent game purchase. Not the preorder as the cancellation for that has already been processed when I told you earlier.
Jessie K.
Which may be completed in 24-48 hours.
Me
yeah cancel that please. I'd like to escalate this matter further though, who should I contact?
Me
there was 1000 pounds in the bank on 14th of september
23:13
Jessie K.
D, as I said earlier, the card may have enough balance however the fact that it declined the attempt to settle can be checked with your bank or payment provider.
23:14
Jessie K.
That is the very reason why I have requested that you first check with your bank before you pinpoint that it's our system that is having issues.
Me
remember you are saying it was rejected today, yet a few hours later we have used it twice.
Jessie K.
As in the first place, if your bank has indeed authorized the card, we wouldn't be seeing a "Payment failed" from both our ends.
Jessie K.
We have received multiple cases regarding this matter and we have found out that the reason why preorders aren't completed is due to the card not being authorized by the bank.
23:15
Jessie K.
So please first check this with your payment provider.
Me
I obviously don't trust what you are saying, I'm getting a "We couldn’t update your order to use Visa ** as backup. Waiting a bit might help."
Me
even after I proved the card worked I got that error message
Me
we both know at that point my card did indeed work
23:16
Jessie K.
I would respect your decision D. However, upon further checking and as we went on with our troubleshooting steps, we have found out that we can't use the card anymore nor any of your active payment options due to the 3 declines already on the account.
23:17
Jessie K.
Thus, there is a need to cancel the preorder and retry the purchase 3 days before the release.
23:17
Me
So who do I contact that is above you to express my concerns?
23:18
Jessie K.
Sure! You may chat with my supervisor if you would opt to. However, let me give you the heads up that you will be given the same answer. As a matter of fact, you may call us at 0800-587-1102(toll-free) and speak to another person and I'm positive that you’d get the same answer. I just want to save you time here, D.
23:19
Jessie K.
If you'd like to share additional feedback and your thoughts about the Xbox Live, updates, products and services, you may voice out your opinions here.
23:19
Me
save me time? it's been 3 hours and this poor response from you is all I am getting, of course I want to escalateit
23:20
Me
you're getting paid for this, I'm not.
23:21
Jessie K.
I would respect that. Please bear with me as I have my supervisor review our chat.
23:22
Me
ok
23:22
Jessie K.
Hi D! I'm now transferring our chat to my Supervisor. Thanks for your time.
23:28
Me
cool
23:28
System
You've been transferred to a new Answer Tech.
23:29
(Manager) Melly Y.
Thank you for waiting.
23:31
Me
ok
(Manager) Melly Y.
This is Jessie's manager, how are you today?
Me
frustrated
(Manager) Melly Y.
I apologize for the experience and the hassle. I am aware of your whole conversation with the last rep, and just to set proper expectations I will provide the same option or information to you, as by designed this is how our process for Pre-order, and we have some customers who contacted us about this and with the same situation that they are aware that their bank refused the transaction and sometimes the card is outdated. For now what you need to do is update your credit card and wait until the system will charge it again before launch.
23:34
Me
for god sake the card is not outdated, we used it twice during the 3 hour chat and it worked fine. did you really read the chat transcript?
23:35
(Manager) Melly Y.
Yes I did, and you cannot pre-order it right now since you have pre-loaded license from the initial order, so you will need to wait until the system will charge it. You cannot Pre-order it again.
23:37
Me
so now i need to update my credit card?
23:38
Me
why?
23:38
(Manager) Melly Y.
Yes, and I am very willing to discuss it with you further, I hope you understand that I do trust you that your card is updated. So here's the process for pre-order for your visibility. 10 days prior from launch the system will try to charge you the amount, and as we check it is an Authorization Failed and only your bank can unlock it for any reason, and there are 3 failed attempts already. So the option is update your card, or remove it and used a different Payment Instrument and wait until the system will attempt to charge your Payment Instrument.
23:41
Me
I was not notified that my card was rejected till tonight, about 7 hours ago. Jessie informed me I had received multiple emails about this issue that happened on the 14th of September.it took jessie 2 hours into our chat to inform me of that.in that period i used that same card twice to by things from MS.I'm annoyed that this whole process has taken so long. I'm a customer buying an expensive product from you.I'm not happy
23:45
Me
I can see that the one game I bought tonight to prove the card was working has already been refunded, but not my forza preorder, why is that?
23:46
(Manager) Melly Y.
The standard process of any transaction is Xbox notifying customer if a charge went through. I know what you feel right now, I cannot say or do anything that will please you as you are concentrated on getting the game. It was rejected and we can only verify this to your bank, The system only tries to charge it.
23:50
Me
And when I contact my bank and nothing was rejected? Or why was it rejected, we can all see that card works on xbox.com or whatever, we have used it twice tonight.Why has my problem taken 3 hours out of my Saturday night? you can't tell me the problem is on my end, the card is working fine, this pre-order business isn't working properly on your end.
23:54
(Manager) Melly Y.
You can ask them about your declined transaction, a merchant don't reject transaction, bank does. How about let's be on the same page. Go to the link below and check your transaction history.
23:58
(Manager) Melly Y.
http://billing.microsoft.com/
Me
right...
Me
then what?
23:59
Me
I can see I used my Visa twice tonight
23:59
(Manager) Melly Y.
I'm sorry, what do you mean? let's wait because you cannot pre-order. By designed the system will charge it that's why it is not working.
00:00
Me
you said to go to http://billing.microsoft.com/ then what?
00:01
(Manager) Melly Y.
Sign in with your account ***@hotmail.com
Me
I'm signed in
(Manager) Melly Y.
Under Payment and Billing go to order History.
00:02
(Manager) Melly Y.
Check your Pre-order transaction.
00:02
Me
round and round we go
00:03
Me
We couldn’t update your order to use Visa ** as backup. Waiting a bit might help.
00:03
(Manager) Melly Y.
I was just letting you confirm it for you to see all your transactions. That is part of the issue we have to that card.
00:04
Me
I can see them, this makes no sence though "That is part of the issue we have to that card."
00:05
Me
sense
00:05
(Manager) Melly Y.
All you need to do is update it and wait until the system will charge it again or re-process the order,
00:06
Me
why was my clusterpuck order cancelled immediately? but not the forza horizon 3 one. why am I still here 3 and a half hours later? is this what passes for good CS these days?
00:07
(Manager) Melly Y.
The game Clusterpack is not pre-ordered we cannot cancel a transaction that did not go through in the first place. I apologize but those are the only options I can provide.
00:11
Me
So on Monday, when my bank confirms there was nothing wrong with any of my transactions, what then?
00:13
(Manager) Melly Y.
I will report this, and do a follow up email.
00:14
Me
Jessie told me to add local currency to my account and then i could pay for my pre-order, didn't work, what was that all about? that added another hour onto our conversation at least, she even phoned me and I still don't have the game I desire pre-ordered. Is that my fault? should I just take that?
00:17
Me
why was I told to do that?
00:17
(Manager) Melly Y.
That was a given option by the support to exhaust all steps to help you get a resolution, we don't want to waste your time here. If you look at it we want to help you more than anyone. The rep did educate you about the process of pre-order and I believe those are only suggestion and will have your approval.
00:20
Me
After I added the local currency to my account I still couldn't pre-order the game properly, is that not wasting my time? She told my I could.Until I couldn't
00:22
(Manager) Melly Y.
I believe she did educate you about this as she was looking for an option.
00:24
(Manager) Melly Y.
Jessie K. 04:55:19
I would really like to walk you all throughout the process. Shall we proceed with purchasing a Local currency while you have me here on chat? I can go ahead and process that for you.
Jessie K. 04:55:24
If you would opt to, that is.
00:24
(Manager) Melly Y.
You did answer and agreed, since we don't suggest option here without customers approval.
00:25
Me
she gave me instructions, i followed those instructions. expecting my pre-order to go through
00:26
Me
it never went through
Me
i added the local currency
(Manager) Melly Y.
She mention if it won't go through then this will be reported as buying currency is not guaranteed.
00:27
Me
"What I would best recommend is that we either use a different card or to add local currency to your account for the preorder to be completed with the use of the local currency." yeah I expected more from that comment
00:30
Me
no mention of cancelling it and waiting 3 days.
Me
4 hours I have been here for now btw
(Manager) Melly Y.
That is a recommendation from the support, if you go through it she was honest about the whole process and told you this might be reported. I know your time is wasted but the support here on our end do provide options and exhaust everything.
00:31
(Manager) Melly Y.
So I will just provide you a reference number and do update your card with your bank or remove it, or you can use a different Payment Instrument.
00:32
Me
She said the pre-order would be completed, she never mentioned it would be cancelled and I would have to re-order next week.
00:33
(Manager) Melly Y.
I did not mention any cancelation, I informed you that update the CC and the system will charge it again by default.
00:33
Me
"What I would best recommend is that we either use a different card or to add local currency to your account for the preorder to be completed" what I am now getting is a totally new pre-order, not completing the old one
00:35
(Manager) Melly Y.
I believe I was able to explain the process and I hope you would understand if I’m unable to provide you with the solution you need. Still, thank you for taking this time to contact us for support. If that was everything, thank you for contacting Xbox Support.
(Manager) Melly Y.
Your Xbox Support agent Jessie K. has ended your chat session. Thanks for visiting Xbox Support.
System
Chat has ended.

next dude told me they hace no way to cancel pre-orders right now.
lol

I read for about 7 hours, and then decided I had to call it quits, it looked like there was another 14 hours to go. Can we get this summed up or something?

TL;DR - Shit's long, gimme TL;DR

KellyNole

How did you stay on that long? I use chat for quickness, typically they can solve easy things but beyond that it is faster to call.

Night.Ninja

Banned
francis.png
people like you make life hard

Grimsen

You have the patience to be with MS support for 4 hours. Take a few minutes more to make an interesting thread.

//ARCANUM

It sucks, but it actually makes some sense to me from MS's end. The card works fine now, but on the day it tried to charge you (I think the 14th?) it declined for whatever random reason. They tried 3x and it declined each time. It seems like if a card is declined 3x for one specific transaction, their system will not make another attempt and is therefore giving you that failure message. Basically your only option becomes using another payment method. Like I said, it sucks, but it makes sense. And all it would take is for your bank/credit card company to just decide to decline the transaction 3x on that one day because they think it's fraud or something. That kind of thing can easily happen.

Edit - that said, I do think it would be nice of them to give you *something* for spending 2hrs chatting with you trying to figure out what the problem was

jesu

It sucks, but it actually makes some sense to me from MS's end. The card works fine now, but on the day it tried to charge you (I think the 14th?) it declined for whatever random reason. They tried 3x and it declined each time. It seems like if a card is declined 3x for one specific transaction, their system will not make another attempt and is therefore giving you that failure message. Basically your only option becomes using another payment method. Like I said, it sucks, but it makes sense. And all it would take is for your bank/credit card company to just decide to decline the transaction 3x on that one day because they think it's fraud or something. That kind of thing can easily happen.

I don't believe the card was declined though, the way they said it was.
I have another chat log I'll post with another dude, maybe :)
Stupid new MS store imo.

jesu

Me too, not as entertaining as the OP led us to believe when he mentioned other similar chat threads

:(

Joseph B
Hi, thanks for visiting Xbox Support! I'm Joseph B.
00:48
Joseph B
Hi, D! I see you mentioned that your last chat was ended before you spoke to a manager. I'm looking over the previous case here, and this was regarding a pre-order of horizon 3, as well as refunding an earlier purchase, correct?
00:52
Me
yes, i was talking to a manager but the previous person spoke at the end and then ended the chat.weird
00:53
Me
like she was just pretending to be the manager
00:54
Me
but slipped up at the end
Me
not happy btw
Joseph B
Ah, I actually just found the full transcript of the chat. Looks like you were in fact talking with a manager, but the original agent would have still been in the chat, so that's likely why you saw her name when the chat ended.
00:56
Me
why was the non manager allowed to end the chat?
00:56
Me
Especially when the =re is one unhappy customer here
00:57
Joseph B
From what I can see, the manager had wrapped up the chat, and likely instructed the original agent to end the chat. But, back to your original issue - you already had a pre-order for Horizon 3 but got an e-mail notification that your current payment option had failed, right?
00:58
Me
yes and jessie said "What I would best recommend is that we either use a different card or to add local currency to your account for the preorder to be completed with the use of the local currency."
00:59
Me
she never mentioned cancelling the old pre-order
Me
then she jumped in suddenly!
Joseph B
Okay, I'm trying to load up the transaction history now. This has actually been an issue with some pre-orders; it tries to charge within 10 days of the games release, as intended, and then the authorization fails. But then we usually don't have an option to cancel the pre-order, nor manually update the card. Did she say that she had in fact canceled the preorder? Or was she trying to suggest canceling as ann option?
01:02
Me
Jessie has cancelled the pre-order I think, hope, it's the part when she told me how to complete the pre-order that annoys me, that was when the manager ender the chat..."What I would best recommend is that we either use a different card or to add local currency to your account for the preorder to be completed with the use of the local currency."
01:05
Me
adding local currency nevery worked, i'm still without the pre-order
01:05
Joseph B
Okay. So, first of all, those agents were apparently mistaken on the payment option used for the pre-order - you never actually picked a credit/debit card to use for that, but rather chose to use only your Microsoft account balance for the whole pre-order. The "authorization failing" was actually just that the account didn't have enough currency to cover the full amount when it tried to charge. The total price is 84.64, and when it tried to charge earlier, it was 64.64.
01:08
Joseph B
But, I see that you just added 20 more pounds to the account, so there's the exact amount needed for the pre-order
Joseph B
And the pre-order is not canceled, it's still active on the account. So basically, it should try to charge you again, but actually go through because you have the full amount needed
Me
when will it go through though?
01:09
Me
it's 79.99 btw
01:09
Joseph B
Mmm, it first tried to charge on the 14th, and then just did again today. So it may go through tomorrow, and if not then, then within the next 3 days.
01:12
Me
why did it not go through on the 14th? the money was there
01:13
Joseph B
It seems that at the time it tried to charge, the balance was only 64.64, and it shows me the deficit was 15.35.
01:16
Me
that's my MS account balance not my Visa card balance, the VISA had over £1000 quid in it. 64.64 is what was in my MS account
01:17
Joseph B
Right, and that's the thing - the pre-order has been made only with your Microsoft account balance. It doesn't have a card associated to that pre-order at all, it's only trying to bill the account
01:18
Me
it did though, my visa account, we tried to use that to pay the surplus
01:19
Joseph B
That's the only payment option on this particular pre-order, is your Microsoft account. Though, if that were the case, it should have just taken the amount out when you made the order. Did you try to get your card to pay it off with the last agent?
01:22
Me
I used my card twice with the last agent to prove that card worked.I bought a game just to show, she then bought me 2 £10 gift cards to raise my money above 79.99
01:24
Joseph B
Yeah, those would have been purchases separate of the pre-order. Not using the card towards the remaining amount of the Horizon pre-order. So right now, the entire pre-order is tied to your Microsoft account, and only your Microsoft account. Your card is not involved with it. As for why it didn't take out your currency when you first made the order, you are in the preview program and made this order back in June. Which was before everyone was brought to the current marketplace and pre-order system. So it was still a little different then, making it not charge your account immediately.
01:26
Joseph B
But, this is only trying to charge your account balance, which didn't have enough to cover it the last two times it tried to charge. Now that the account balance is at 84.64, it will definitely be enough to cover the 79.99 charge for the pre-order next time it tries to charge
01:27
Me
when will that be?
01:27
Me
she said she cancelled that pre-order
01:28
Joseph B
The pre-order hasn't been canceled, as we don't even have an option to cancel it right now. It should try to charge you again tomorrow, and if not, then within the next 2-3 days.
01:29
Me
lol ok, she wasn't being very honest then our Jessie!
01:30
Joseph B
Yeah, the fact that both of them didn't even notice your card wasn't tied to the order at all...well I can't say much, but I definitely understand any frustration you have after that experience. I'm actually going to try and report this up to my manager.
01:32
Me
Great mate, what should I do? If anything? I just want FH3 on Friday!
01:33
Joseph B
You shouldn't have to do anything further. Just leave the account balance as it is currently, and that will try to charge again within the next few days. And I'm not sure if the game is available for pre-loading yet - has any install option come up on your console?
01:34
Me
yeah i have the pre-load but it only a few MB's, I have all the pre-order stuff installed
01:37
Me
but not the whole game
01:37
Joseph B
Ah, okay. Yeah, once it is available for pre-load, you'll be able to install it, regardless of being charged yet or not. If the charge were to continue failing , which it won't as long as you have enough currency in your balance, by the time the game comes out, it would only cancel the pre-order. At which point you would just have to make the purchase again. And if there's any pre-order incentives you missed because of it, we should be able to provide those
01:39
Me
i think the pre-load is available, like the whole game, I'll give it till wednesday then get back to you!
01:40
Me
how do I complain about those last dudes on chat though?
01:41
Joseph B
Okay, sounds good! And you have this reference number, 1355487712, if you do need to contact us back. I'm afraid I don't really have a place to direct you to for complaining against those agents, but I'm going to gather up their credentials and send up a report.
01:42
Me
Right cool man, I'll keep that number, thanks for your help, we'll see if it works next week!
01:43
Joseph B
You're very welcome! Enjoy the rest of your night, D. Take care!
01:45
Me
you too¬
Me
!
Joseph B
Thank you!
Joseph B
If that was everything, I'd like to thank you again for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "End chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Type a message here

Tecnniqe

Banned
I had "Authorization Failed" on the Windows Store as well, took me ~hour to get solved while being sent to every god damn department without anyone being able to resolve it.

Funny part was the damn billing support VERIFIED all the information was correct and matching but had no idea why I suddenly got "Authorization Failed".

I got no solution to the issue as NOT A SINGLE DEPARTMENT (Billing/Tech/Adv. Tech/Xbox) could solve it and all had all green on my shit.
Had to purchase god damn pre-paid cards and redeem it. That worked. On the SAME BILLING INFORMATION.

MS is utterly incompetent at taking my money, and I was a minute off just saying "fuck it, you ain't worth my cash". But hey, only took ~30sec for pre-paid purchase until I had my game ready for download.

NewDust

4 hours... You got someone new on the job... Usual customer service has a max limit of around 20min before a case is raised/registered for higher ups.

But Jessie showed dedication!

EmiPrime

I have had to contact MS twice in the last month, once because of license issues (the rep was completely clueless and tried to mislead me) and yesterday because their code redemption system stopped working (I was told the code was valid and they would manually apply the code to my account within 24 hours but they didn't). I don't know if the new store has been having teething issues but I don't remember having any problems in the 360 days.

How did I solve it?
Refund I should have had straight away I think.

She was going to cancel your current failed and fucked pre-order so you could start over. They just needed to close out the transaction, which they offered to do, and let you start over.

You were even OK with that... but then started arguing with her again for some reason. You dug your own hole there, dude.

jesu

She was going to cancel your current failed and fucked pre-order so you could start over. They just needed to close out the transaction, which they offered to do, and let you start over.

You were even OK with that... but then started arguing with her again for some reason. You dug your own hole there, dude.

timestamp please?
i've been moaning that wish she just cancelled it...

Rellik

4 hours and no one noticed the charge wasn't on his card, but his MS balance. If they had noticed at that start it would have taken 10 minutes.

timestamp please?
i've been moaning that wish she just cancelled it...

Jessie K.
I now have raised our case from my end for the pre-order cancellation. I would like to confirm to you that the preorder cancellation is within 3 days before the release date so what we'd best advise is that you retry the preorder 3 days before the release date.

Me

Jessie K.
Yes, I would like to explain to you as well that the reason why the current transaction isn't accepting any of your valid cards anymore is that it has tried to charge the current card 3 times already. Therefore, there is a need to cancel the current preorder, which may take 24-48 hours to be completed, and complete another game preorder.

Jessie K.

Me

Jessie K.
Yes, please.

... and then you kept arguing with them for another 2 hours for basically nothing.

jesu

Jessie K.

Me

Jessie K.

Jessie K.

Me

Jessie K.
Yes, please.

... and then you kept arguing with them for another 2 hours for basically nothing.

yeah but....

I'm not perfect...

Top Bottom