• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My pain in the arse contacting MS support, might be funny to some....

jesu

Gosh as someone's whose worked in a similar environment to poor Jessie here it just boggles my mind that you would keep going on and on and on when it was clear they weren't going to give you what you wanted. Like was being that much of a pain in the ass really worth it?

It took 3 hours before I became a pain in the arse.
3 hours of being a very patient customer.
After those 3 hours, customer service still hadn't fixed my problem.

Did you miss the parts where she lied to me?

Where did you work where that sort of customer service would have flown?

I am defs on the OP's side with this. Jessie didn't spot the error that the preorder was solely tied to his MS account balance and made him jump through about a millions hoops and kept saying it was the OPs credit card that was declined for the remaining balance when his credit card wasn't even tied to the preorder, something which Joseph spotted straight away and sorted.

OP has the patience of a saint I would have been annoyed after 30 mins of it not being resolved but he kept his cool for a few hours and he had every right to be annoyed after that point. The least MS could do is offer to refund him the £20 of MS credit the agent made him buy but let him keep the credit as a good will gesture for the time he wasted there. Personally in my opinion they should give him Forza for free if they really wanted to apologise especially the "manager" that also didn't spot this error too.

Not only was she wrong, her supervisor was wrong.
Both of them lied to me.

I used chat because it was a method offered to me to fix my situation.
What happens if I phoned up and Jessie answered!?
"Lied" is a strong word insinuating they knew what they was telling you was wrong. They were definitely ignorant of that policy.

I'm not so sure the Internet chat is the same customer service you get from the phone. The phone is a customer service call center. The chat could be some dude in his living room in his underwear. Not saying I know this for a fact, but it's been my experience with other companies, which is why I never use internet chat customer service for anything.

jesu

"Lied" is a strong word insinuating they knew what they was telling you was wrong. They were definitely ignorant of that policy.

I'm not so sure the Internet chat is the same customer service you get from the phone. The phone is a customer service call center. The chat could be some dude in his living room in his underwear. Not saying I know this for a fact, but it's been my experience with other companies, which is why I never use internet chat customer service for anything.

She told me multiple times it was because my card was declined.
It wasn't

She told me I had received multiple emails telling me my card had been declined.
I obviously didn't.

She told me she had cancelled my pre-order.
She couldn't possibly do that, their system doesn't allow it.

It wasn't

She told me I had received multiple emails telling me my card had been declined.
I obviously didn't.

Sounds like living room customer service to me. ;) I'm not saying you're to blame but, next time, save yourself the hassle and just call.

It wasn't

I obviously didn't.

It does. I already have a preorder cancelled no questions asked (it was because I wanted to buy the ultimate edition, but even before I could say that it was canceled).

Top Bottom