• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Apocalyptic Message Interrupts TV Broadcasts in California

https://gizmodo.com/mysterious-apocalyptic-message-interrupts-tv-broadcasts-1818656201

One video of the broadcast uploaded to YouTube includes a terrified, breathless voice saying: “The space program made contact with... They are not what they claim to be. They have infiltrated a lot of, uh, a lot of aspects of military establishment, particularly Area 51. The disasters that are coming—the military—I’m sorry the government knows about them...”

Cox spokesperson Todd Smith told Gizmodo that the company does not know how many customers were affected and is still trying to determine where the originating signal came from. Cox believes its system got the message after a radio station or multiple stations were conducting their monthly emergency test, which cable networks piggyback on. Usually, radio stations transmit an end “tone” to complete their alerts. However, this time, it seems no such tone was transmitted.

So...yea. This kind of stuff can still happen is amazing.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
tumblr_mz86fvOfCz1r9lsn2o1_500.gif

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Gonna need these aliens to chill until Mario comes out, thanks

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
For those that don't know, this was likely done to spark more fear in those that actually believe that tomorrow (Sept. 23) is the end of the world, or make people think that it might be.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For those that don't know, this was likely done to spark more fear in those that actually believe that tomorrow (Sept. 23) is the end of the world, or make people think that it might be.

Link please. Also lol at your username in this context.

Almost something you'd expect from one of those body snatchers movies. Well, Halloween IS around the corner. There are a lot of horror movies that have messages like this. The few I can think of off the top of my head are Prince of Darkness, Halloween III, The Stuff... Don't open you refrigerator, people, and if you have yet to eat the Stuff, throw it out IMMEDIATELY!

Also could imagine this will fuel some new Creepypastas revolving around the "true" meaning of this message.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017...l-writer-says-after-predicting-end-world.html

On the right side bar is the "trending in science section"..

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I wonder if scientists ever want to give up after being asked about Nibiru, or fucking religious doomsdays over and over again.

I feel like I'm definitely going to be surrounded by piles of clothes and shoes.

My wife is going to make a killing on ebay after selling all these raptured bible thumpers things!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
this was just a prank pulled by children it is nothing to worry about go about your business as normal if you keep looking into this you will be [data expunged]

site 31 commander -
redacted

Top Bottom