• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Black Friday flash sale (Infamous SS, Mordor, Transistor, Diablo 3, TEW)

Thinking about Transistor. Looks....interesting. $8? Hmm...

It is great. A little short (about 6 hours), but you only unlock half your possible combos in one run. Go straight into New Game plus and the game goes from great to amazing. There are also challenges to complete to add a few more hours on top of that^^

As a Euro I think I'll get TEW. Costs about 25euro after conversion. Its 35euro on the EU Ps Store today.

wish Alien Isolation was on sale in NA too.

RexNovis

Banned
Thanks guys, i'm literally on the buy screen right now. One more question though, could I still use my EU PS+ to play it online? Because I have plus on my EU account but not on US.

Basically, will this act like I bought it on EU PSN if I set my PS4 as my primary console?

Yep should work just fine! Enjoy

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I got vanilla Diablo 3 that I bought from a random fire sale at some place. The expansion is expensive as hell, like $40 or so around here.

So, what are the biggest differences between the PC and console version? 19.99 seems like a good price for the 'ultimate' edition. I know many prefer the PC UI and using kb/m, but I might adjust if the console version isn't that gimped.
Console version is optimized for controllers, they even added a dodge move (lol xD) so it does play pretty well. The PS4 version is widely considered to be the definitive version, for what it's worth.

If you're unsure, try the demo? It's available for the PS3 at least, not sure about PS4 but it'll be the same with better graphics and performance.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Snagged infamous and evil within. Thought about holding off as I imagine infamous will hit ps+ eventually, while TEW at 30 still felt a bit much. Still two major releases in 2014 for less than either originally retailed for was a solid get.

Was hoping for alien deals as well, meh. Definitely recommend anyone jump on diablo though, no regrets picking that up at full price.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm torn between The Evil With and Shadow of Mordor. Any suggestion which one should I go for?

Shadow of Mordor is incredible for the first chunk messing around with the nemesis mechanic, but I dropped it around the 70% mark due to it getting way too repetitive and easy, the plot and characters being really dull, and the open world activities only mildly entertaining. Overrated, but fun in small spurts for brutal Orc slaughter. Your threshold for this stuff might differ.

Evil within is mixed on this forum.

Hubb

Console version is optimized for controllers, they even added a dodge move (lol xD) so it does play pretty well. The PS4 version is widely considered to be the definitive version, for what it's worth.

If you're unsure, try the demo? It's available for the PS3 at least, not sure about PS4 but it'll be the same with better graphics and performance.

Is that still the case? PC seems to be getting more support than consoles nowadays. But I guess that depends on how much you care about the seasons and the things that come with them.

witness

So I bought Mordor Legion Edition last night after it was sold out at best buy and two Targets here. So it downloaded and I was wondering where my Legion Edition content is, didn't see the skin, didn't see anything in my ad ons for the game aside from that free Shadow of Power thing that I downloaded. So I chatted with customer support and he said I should have the content but if it's not there to delete and redownload. So if my content doesn't show up, can I get a refund? I'm pretty pissed that I was advertised and bought the Legion Edition and got nothing.

elhav

Fifa15 is garbage compared to 14. sold it off. Get pes instead
Thanks for the advice.
Bought Transistor anyway, but I wonder if I should get Evil Within now or wait for another inevitable price drop. I'm the type that loved Resi 4 because of its subtle horror along with the great gunplay, but I've heard TEW has more focus on horror, so I'm not so inclined on buying it digitally, since I can't sell it back if I don't like it.

Would have bought the disc version instantly if I had lived in America and didn't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for the shipping. Thanks Amazon :(

Shinjiru

I already have Second Son and Transistor, so The Evil Within is all I bought from this Flash Sale. I also bought the digital version of GTA V.

I've been debating with myself the past few days about going all digital this gen. I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 days and I have built up quite a physical game collection over the years. Even though I know I will probably miss adding all those PS4 game cases to my collection, I prefer the convenience of going all digital. Now I just need to find a bigger HDD for the PS4.

Gibran7

Man. So tough to decide. I bought mordor and ps plus but still need 15 dollars worth of stuff. Thinking of the telltale borderlands game but it's not on sale. Decisions... Any suggestions?

It will be on PS+ sometime next year.

Resist for now.

Well, this comment made me buy it! :) If you were talking him out of buying it, I wanted to make up for that sale! Transistor is now mine!

I have always been interested in the title, so why not at this price.

KAL2006

Banned
I really need to buy Diablo 3 but I am fromt he UK, I have US account,I know I need to make a US amazon account to buiy points, anyone have any idea of what good US address I can use so I don't get taxed.

MMaRsu

Banned
I really need to buy Diablo 3 but I am fromt he UK, I have US account,I know I need to make a US amazon account to buiy points, anyone have any idea of what good US address I can use so I don't get taxed.

I think i just used the adress of the white house or something

KAL2006

Banned
I just managed to pick up Diablo 3 with my US account. It turned out to be around £22, so about £13 saving by buying it from the US store. Also another bonus is the US digital game size is smaller than the UK one due to not having other EU languages.

krpiper

Is NHL "fixed" I know it had some problems at launch, this seems like an interesting price. I am on the fence between this and FIFA, but I am still playing FUT from last year...

Any opinions?

Fbh

Got Mordor.

I was planning on getting it this month anyway so this sale came just in time.

Diablo on Ps4 for $20 would have been awesome to play with my PSN friends. But I already own it on PC so $35 is too much

Is Diablo worth getting for single player?

Not really.
I mean, yeah there is fun to be had but once you get to the point where you have to grind to be get better gear it's only really fun with friends

SRTtoZ

Got Mordor.

I was planning on getting it this month anyway so this sale came just in time.

Diablo on Ps4 for $20 would have been awesome to play with my PSN friends. But I already own it on PC so $35 is too much

Not really.
I mean, yeah there is fun to be had but once you get to the point where you have to grind to be get better gear it's only really fun with friends

I would disagree. I put over 1000 hours into the PC version and hardly ever played with friends.

NHale

Bought Shadow of Mordor, Diablo III, Transistor and preordered The Witcher III since it has a 10% discount for preorders (that's how it should be done on digital stores).

All of that cost me 95€ which is almost what Shadow of Mordor, Diablo III and Transistor cost in the European store (85€). So I almost got The Witcher III for free + $15 voucher code.

Top Bottom