• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Black Friday flash sale (Infamous SS, Mordor, Transistor, Diablo 3, TEW)

I know Shadow of Mordor is supposedly gimped on PS3, but is it so gimped that it would be better to just not buy it if I don't intend on getting a PS4 anytime soon?

etrain911

Anyone who didn't buy Second Son has no excuse at that price. One of the best exclusives on the system and dare I say way better than 2.

Ugh....Transistor's price making me antsy, but gotta hold strong and protect my wallet.

Vidal

I know that is is not part of the sale, but is Driveclub any good? I will mostly play offline, but might give it a go online in the future. It is 49 for + members.

Broke down and bought infamous t even though I have already overloaded on games the last month or so (bayonetta 2, smash bros, gtav, mario kart dlc, geowars )

I gotta say it's the first big budget ps4 game where I am genuinely pleased with the graphics ( I haven't played a lot of ps4 games, but I did play Driveclub and Killzone for a while and was occasionally let down ).
I can see why it was frequently named in the "damn this is next gen!" thread

don't get tricked into buying infamous: second son. it's completely mediocre, dull as hell and repetitive as it gets. pretty game, but lifeless, sterile and boring.

don't get tricked into buying infamous: second son. it's completely mediocre, dull as hell and repetitive as it gets. pretty game, but lifeless, sterile and boring.

It's fun and pretty enough, but I do agree that in a post GTAV HD world, it is a tougher sell. It's a lot of fun to play though, there are a lot worse games you could get.

Disappointed by the paltry discount on Destiny. Picked up Shadow of Mordor, InFamous: Second Son, Diablo 3, Transistor and Rollers of the Realm to get me over $100 and go with the $330 PS4 in the mail from eBay/Newegg. Should be a good Christmas between those and the year's worth of PS+ games I have banked.

Very disappointed by the lack of Vita sales lately.

Transistor is a must buy so will pick it up, but otherwise it is a very weak sale. I still can't understand how the roles of EU/US sales have been reversed. EU has seen better deals the past few weeks than US. I mean they got Danganronpa 1 and 2 for half price and we never get these on sale.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
This is a bad mentality. We should support the devs by buying their game, not waiting for Sony to buy it for us.

I would say that is a bad mentality, they do us no favors, they are a business. Sony is not buying anything for us, we pay for psn+.

If you can wait for next year, then wait and get it on psn+! Its the smart thing to do!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dang. I was hoping Ground Zeroes or Wolfenstein would be on sale.

I miss getting nice PS+ discounts...

muggen76

Hmm nice sale. might get Shadow of mordor, fifa, infamous and ufc for just under 100$ seems like a good price for these games. Also need a new PS+ before sunday. guess i need to get that aswell then.. damn you amazon!

batrush

Amazon has some good Vita deals. Picked up Danganronpa for $25 and FFX-X2 HD for $20. Wanted the games digitally, but SCEA didn't deliver.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I know Shadow of Mordor is supposedly gimped on PS3, but is it so gimped that it would be better to just not buy it if I don't intend on getting a PS4 anytime soon?

Having finished it on PS4 and seen plenty of video of the PS3 version I'd say to wait even if it takes years.

This is a bad mentality. We should support the devs by buying their game, not waiting for Sony to buy it for us.
sorry but you're completely wrong. if sony adds games as an incentive to pay for psn+, then people should not feel like they are doing something wrong by making the most of what is offered

AlexBasch

I got vanilla Diablo 3 that I bought from a random fire sale at some place. The expansion is expensive as hell, like $40 or so around here.

So, what are the biggest differences between the PC and console version? 19.99 seems like a good price for the 'ultimate' edition. I know many prefer the PC UI and using kb/m, but I might adjust if the console version isn't that gimped.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yes,you just need to make your ps4 the primary system in the US account.

As long as your PS4 is set as the primary PS4 for your US acct yes you can still play on your EU acct with all your EU PSN friends.

Thanks guys, i'm literally on the buy screen right now. One more question though, could I still use my EU PS+ to play it online? Because I have plus on my EU account but not on US.

Basically, will this act like I bought it on EU PSN if I set my PS4 as my primary console?

J-Skee

Anybody else having issues trying to buy anything from the web store? Every time I try, it just keeps asking me for my password.

RE_Player

I picked up Naruto and even that isn't a fantastic deal. Pretty bad Flash sale in my opinion compared to what Xbox is offering.

Not even one Vita game too is rather disappointing.

elhav

Hmm is Evil Within worth the 30 bucks?

Also thinking about getting Fifa 15. Is it a major improvement over 14 or the usual minor-non existent changes?

NHale

Thanks guys, i'm literally on the buy screen right now. One more question though, could I still use my EU PS+ to play it online? Because I have plus on my EU account but not on US.

Basically, will this act like I bought it on EU PSN if I set my PS4 as my primary console?

Yes. You can use any account on your console to play the games online bought with a US account.

vato_loco

It will be on PS+ sometime next year.

Resist for now.

Do not listen to this guy. Get Transistor, it is an amazing game and well worth even the full price. Get it now!

Also, I was going to get Evil Within but then saw Mordor. Got Mordor. Still want to get Evil Within, but I'm just waiting for the $40 PS Plus. My wallet can't take much beating this year.

Top Bottom