• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA - PSN Flash Sale (Aug. 21)

Is there any reason to buy the PS4 version of Sherlock Holmes if you already own the PS3 version?

I just tried the ps3 version, the framerate and tearing is pretty damn bad, but it's not like it's an action game so I think I can live with the ps3 version unless it goes even worse than the early part of the game.

it depends on your tolerance of performance I guess.

I just tried the ps3 version, the framerate and tearing is pretty damn bad, but it's not like it's an action game so I think I can live with the ps3 version unless it goes even worse than the early part of the game.

it depends on your tolerance of performance I guess.

I really really liked the sherlock game when it came out :D

omg_mjd

Got Rogue Legacy, Gladiator Begins and...Sweet Fuse. I've never played an otome game before but this one looks too interesting to pass up.

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, but I'm definitely getting TWD Season 2, probably will get TWAU, and debating on OP Warriors 2 and Fate/Extra.

OP Warriors 2 seems like what I wanted the first one to be (that story mode completely turned me off) but I might just get the third one instead. Fate/Extra would just add to my PSP JRPG backlog, but for $4, I might just get it for kicks.

Objectively, yes, but your time would be better spent with Driveclub or Project CARS if you haven't played those

This is my issue: I have, and love, both of those games, and not sure if I need it. But I loved Hot Pursuit (all of them, way back to PS1). I liked MW on PS3, though I didn't love it. I also have a buddy (or more) to play with.

Any thoughts? 7 bucks is an awesome deal, but I feel like i just might not need it.

autoduelist

Where is Fate/Extra? Why can't I find it on the Ps Vita store?

came to post this.
i'm guessing web store then download list...

Yeah, you can.

can you play it with regular controllers too? or only smart phones?

I hated NFS Rivals personally. The cops are a total drag, you literally can't do anything without getting a bunch of cops after you that take 5 minutes to lose. And then you get busted and lose all the points you gained. It's really a terrible system. Catching racers as the cops isn't fun either, you just ram into them a bunch and it's hard to do.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking of buying but now I'm gonna hold off. Overpowering cops is what ruined GTA V for me.

It's nowhere near as bad as he suggests - it may seem that way at first but once you're used to the game it's absolutely not a problem. And catching racers is very fun... you don't just ram into them a bunch, it's like Hot Pursuit and you equip weapons ranging from Spike Strips, to EMP, to Helicopter Pursuit. Likewise, as a racer you have your own set of weapons (shock wave, etc).

Yes, as a racer you need to 'bank' points. But there is a hideout near every gas station (repair spot) and you don't need to lose cops to use it. i have millions of points banked, more than I could ever spend. the feeling of 'oh no i lost them all' is only really for the first little bit while you're getting adjusted to the game... soon enough you'll be a pro.

Highly recommended, it's basically Most Wanted with Hot Pursuit's weapons. For $7 and change it's an absolute steal if you like NFS games.

Doel

Picked up the You Don't Know Jack collection. For $7 will be a great little party game with friends around.

GutsOfThor

Is there any difference between Murdered Soul Suspect on the PS3 and PS4? I have limited room on my PS4 so if I have to I'll get it on my PS3.

skybald

Finished Walking Dead Season 1 about 2 weeks ago so this is a perfect time for me to pick up Season 2.

However, I have to wait for a long weekend for my gf to be home from school to start, as we played through Season 2 together.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I got RE4.

It doesn't pretty up that well in HD. Somehow I expected that. That game just doesn't look that good.. Which is a shame because I remember it hinted at being this gorgeous, misty game in 2005, but it just didn't age that well.

I know about the PC HD fan mod thing.

SpotAnime

I want to buy one visual novel between Sweet Fuse, Hakuoki and Xblaze. any recommendation if you had to pick one?

I would go Hakuoki just for the sheer size of it. About 20 hours of gameplay. But Sweet Fuse is just so damn original, it's a really tough decision.

Xblaze isn't even in the same league. It lags miles behind those two.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Murdered Soul Suspect worth it if I'm low on time? Any replayability?

Platinumed it this morning after binging this weekend. Took about 7-8 hours overall(using a collectibles guide too since trophies are primarily based around them).

Average all around. Story had just enough intrigue with the premise and setup to keep me interested, but barely. Didn't really like the characters nor the contrived 'encounters' that are forced on occasion.

Puzzle mechanics could have been interesting, but there is no punishment for failure or even a reward for intuitively succeeding on a first attempt, which makes the whole concept feel pointless. The mystery is just there waiting for you to clue it together without any repercussion or narrative agency. (No replay value due to this, nor would you probably want to re-experience this tale). Production values are alright though as an Unreal 3 game.

Thinking of it as a merely decent visual novel, you could do worse. Sherlock probably is the better experience all around for murder mystery thrills at the same price in this sale.

autoduelist

repeating the question to make sure --

I keep hearing people talk about playing jackbox game with phones... can you play with the ds4 too or do you need smartphones?

Platinumed it this morning after binging this weekend. Took about 7-8 hours overall(using a collectibles guide too since trophies are primarily based around them).

Average all around. Story had just enough intrigue with the premise and setup to keep me interested, but barely. Didn't really like the characters nor the contrived 'encounters' that are forced on occasion.

Puzzle mechanics could have been interesting, but there is no punishment for failure or even a reward for intuitively succeeding on a first attempt, which makes the whole concept feel pointless. The mystery is just there waiting for you to clue it together without any repercussion or narrative agency. (No replay value due to this, nor would you probably want to re-experience this tale). Production values are alright though as an Unreal 3 game.

Thinking of it as a merely decent visual novel, you could do worse. Sherlock probably is the better experience all around for murder mystery thrills at the same price in this sale.

Thanks, appreciate it!

It's nowhere near as bad as he suggests - it may seem that way at first but once you're used to the game it's absolutely not a problem. And catching racers is very fun... you don't just ram into them a bunch, it's like Hot Pursuit and you equip weapons ranging from Spike Strips, to EMP, to Helicopter Pursuit. Likewise, as a racer you have your own set of weapons (shock wave, etc).

Yes, as a racer you need to 'bank' points. But there is a hideout near every gas station (repair spot) and you don't need to lose cops to use it. i have millions of points banked, more than I could ever spend. the feeling of 'oh no i lost them all' is only really for the first little bit while you're getting adjusted to the game... soon enough you'll be a pro.

Highly recommended, it's basically Most Wanted with Hot Pursuit's weapons. For $7 and change it's an absolute steal if you like NFS games.

Cool! Thanks for the impressions! But is the handling closer to HP or to MW? I didn't like the handling in HP at all, but I love Burnout and the new MW. I probably have 100h of MW across Vita and PS3. Didn't get past the 3h mark with HP before uninstalling it.

Cry0gen-X

Neo Member
Is LEGO Movie The Videogame for the Vita a good buy?

buying it for the kids to keep them occupied when I'm playing TTK later

kgtrep

By chance, I decided to join someone's streaming of Jackbox today and had a great time playing with a group of strangers. It was impressive that all anyone needs is a mobile phone in place of controller. Definitely worth the price on sale right now.

autoduelist

Cool! Thanks for the impressions! But is the handling closer to HP or to MW? I didn't like the handling in HP at all, but I love Burnout and the new MW. I probably have 100h of MW across Vita and PS3. Didn't get past the 3h mark with HP before uninstalling it.

Hmm. While I've plat'd all of the above [and MW twice, ps3 and vita], I honestly can't swear to an answer. It's been so long since i played HP. That said, I absolutely -loved- Hot Pursuit so I'm not really sure what you took issue with.

Overall, I'd say it's -most likely- close to MW, if only because it's more open world like MW is [though I think it feels smaller] vs. the fixed tracks of HP. My guess is it handles more like MW as a result. Plus MW was more recent. But... again, I can't really say... I [generally] quickly adjust to whatever arcade mechanics [from burnout to hp to mp to the run to whatever] a game has.

Others have said it, but it bears repeating -- if you get it (and you should) make sure you set it to offline at first [if not for the whole campaign]. Having experienced cops destroy you while you're still getting warmed up is frustrating.

heck, if you have a 100 hours in mW, why are you even debating a new NFS for under $8? It's worth that just to try it.

Hmm. While I've plat'd all of the above [and MW twice, ps3 and vita], I honestly can't swear to an answer. It's been so long since i played HP. That said, I absolutely -loved- Hot Pursuit so I'm not really sure what you took issue with.

Overall, I'd say it's -most likely- close to MW, if only because it's more open world like MW is [though I think it feels smaller] vs. the fixed tracks of HP. My guess is it handles more like MW as a result. Plus MW was more recent. But... again, I can't really say... I [generally] quickly adjust to whatever arcade mechanics [from burnout to hp to mp to the run to whatever] a game has.

Others have said it, but it bears repeating -- if you get it (and you should) make sure you set it to offline at first [if not for the whole campaign]. Having experienced cops destroy you while you're still getting warmed up is frustrating.

heck, if you have a 100 hours in mW, why are you even debating a new NFS for under $8? It's worth that just to try it.

I've been on a VERY restricted budget, and I already have a backlog, is all =/

I guess the cars are too heavy in HP; there'd be a huge lead up for the drift to start, and then the car would jump into the start of the drift. I prefer the quick response of MW - you can react way faster, diminishing the importance of track knowledge and making it more about skill and reactiveness.

Thank you so much for the impression!s I only get home at night, so I have some time to think about it, but it does sound tempting! I'll be sure to put it offline also =]

kgtrep

Hmmm. Can someone test to see if you can use a Vita as a controller? Unlike my friends and family, I don't have a smart phone... so I need to be sure there is a way I can play too before I buy.

Each person needs a device that can access Internet and has a browser, so a computer or laptop works too. You enter your response using the link jackbox.tv and a 4-letter code assigned by the game, and I think the servers do all the processing.

I tested the five games in Jackbox briefly, and Vita's web browser caused a problem for only one of them, which is Drawful (I really like this one).

Here, you will want to draw as best as you can, and I could only get my Vita to draw dots, instead of a continuous line. I don't use its browser often, so I might have just missed how to hold down the left mouse button in Vita.

Top Bottom