• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA - PSN Flash Sale (Aug. 21)

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but looking at the flash sale on my PS4, it's showing Need for Speed Rivals as part of the flash sale now. This isn't in the OP, and I don't remember seeing this before. It's listed at $7.80. Complete edition is listed as $23.99

Is this game worth that?

Thought about getting Jackbox Party Pack on PS4 but then I saw the PC version was on sale for $9.99 on Bundlestars so I just bought that instead. A little more expensive but it saves me from having to double dip for the PC version down the line like I inevitably would have.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Someone sell me on the Fate/Extra game is it worth it? I just started getting into the show that seems based on the similar but different universe.

BTA

I guess I'll continue rebuying PSP games I own physically but haven't played yet and pick up Fate and Hakuoki.

I might regret Hakuoki since I'm guessing Aksys will continue their trend of releasing all the ports and do the Vita version eventually, but at $4 I can't exactly feel too bad about it.

bobawesome

Someone sell me on the Fate/Extra game is it worth it? I just started getting into the show that seems based on the similar but different universe.

For four dollars it's worth it. I bought it for $15 a few months ago and only played a couple of hours. The gameplay is fairly barebones but the story seems interesting and has some familiar faces.

Weirdly, the game that seemed most interesting out of the ones I don't own yet... is Sweet Fuse? I think I'm about to buy an otome game, you guys.

down 2 orth

At first I was worried that the flash sale was going to be on or near the same level as the recent Europe sales, and that I would throw $150 at a bloated backlog. But as I scrolled down I thought it would probably just result in me spending $10-20 on telltale games for the Vita. Fortunately my wallet has survived another sale unblemished and I can keep working on that backlog without any added weight.

kevin1025

Banned
What about the PS4 versions of the walking dead games? Any idea how those run?

They run amazingly well, I played the first season on PS3, PC and then PS4, and played season two on PC and PS4, and they run the best on PS4! They even look a little better. They still have a tad of jankiness that will forever be built into them, but in my opinion, the PS4 versions of both are the best versions.

LiK

Man, I got Sherlock for $30 just about a week ago. Anyway, it's a steal for 7.80. Great game with cool mysteries. Totally worth it. Murdered: SS is also good for that price. If you like murder mystery games, they're worth it and pretty easy to Platinum both.

Anyone know how The Wolf Among Us runs on PS3?

bad. some QTE parts are actually made slightly harder cuz the game chugs too damn much.

i guess the wolf among us is worth it?

yea, it's good. excited for season 2.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I hopped on that struggle waverace/mariokart
Vector Unit Racing Bundle
two games in one deal. Always looking for games with local coop. Not bad but I wish the gameplay was a little bit deeper.

ohlawd

yeah Fate/Extra probably won't go cheaper than that so it's good to see people bite

it probably will be one of the most repetitive battle systems you'll ever experience, like no exaggeration. the game's got some damn good pacing despite that. villains are always interesting and not every dungeon is the same. some change due to the current villain messing with it so it stays fresh throughout. it'd be dumb to give an example so you gotta see it to believe it

and the music is fucking good.

And Caster is the best due in part to Chiwa Saito who is one of the best active VAs right now. I wouldn't recommend playing her right away tho. do Saber and Archer then Caster second when you remember enemy weaknesses on your second run. at the start, I'd say Saber > Archer > Caster. but at higher levels, Caster obliterates her competition. so it's up to you if you want to have a rough start but smooth sailing later

autoduelist

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but looking at the flash sale on my PS4, it's showing Need for Speed Rivals as part of the flash sale now. This isn't in the OP, and I don't remember seeing this before. It's listed at $7.80. Complete edition is listed as $23.99

Is this game worth that?

I grabbed Dragon Age II and Resident Evil 4.

Is NFS: Rivals good?

I really enjoyed NFS: Rivals, but I really like NFS in general.

Rivals is essentially part Hot Pursuit, and part Most Wanted. It has the 'open world' feel of MW, though obviously each event is on a set course (with the occasional shortcut, of course). However, it's got the cops vs. robbers and special weapons/abilities (from dropping spikes to turbo to calling in a roadblock, etc) of Hot Pursuit.

There are two careers -- one as a racer, one as a cop. Both have some sort of plot/story, but it's bare bones and inconsequential. As a cop, you earn new cars by completing various challenges. As a racer, you need to bank points to buy and upgrade everything (you earn points as you race, need to get to your hideout to bank them).

Events are varied -- you have straight races (cops may or may not join in, depends if there happen to be any you pass), hot pursuits (races with guaranteed heavy police presence), time trials, escape the cops, catch a racer, break up an entire race, and cops have a special time trial which rewards clean driving. There's also some 'random' stuff to do... for example, as cop, you can decide to chase down npc racers you see everywhere if you want.

Important note - i'd recommend, at least at first, going into settings and going offline. By default, you're always online with up to 5 other people in your 'world', and it's best to get your footing against the AI w/o some experienced cop wrecking you left and right.

i bought it at launch, then rebought digital at around $20 or so (happily). So it's definitely worth the current price to me. This all assumes you already know what you're getting (arcade racer with heavy drifting, weapons, etc).

Not perfect, but it's a fun NFS game, especially if you enjoyed MW.

If you don't already own Arcana Heart 3 Love Max you need to buy it if you are even the slightest fan of fighting games. I wont justify the super moe aesthetic because there isn't any justification for it, but its the biggest sandbox of tools I've ever experienced in a competitive fighter.

• dash cancels are universal and work on pretty much everything
  • you have a homing dash. Plus if you tap it twice plus a direction you rocket faster in that direction meaning its steerable for a ton of Magneto style stuff and a ton of hard to read crossups.
  • Has an X factor system where the bonus you get depends on the Arcana you choose. This ranges from healing, super canceling, hyper armor, damage buffs to even crazier stuff like magnetism on all normals.
  • Equipping an arcana gives your character several passive abilities, a defense/offense stat modifier to augment your character, gives you several new specials, supers, and an ultra. It COMPLETELY changes any character's options. Want beams and homing projectiles with cancels? Love Arcana. Want Tager style magnetic combos? Magnetism arcana. Its crazy.
  • Character movesets are crazy and generally some get pretty wild with character specific tools. Jojo style stands, Hurricane Polimar style glyphs and cancels, Traps that trigger once enough traps are on the board but with bonus effects due to what combination you dealt...this and tons more exist even before you Arcana modify stuff.

This game is what I pray DBZ turns into in fighting games someday because it is the most sandbox and mixup crazy shit I've ever witnessed in a fighter. Just get it while its cheap and check out the craziness.

I've said it before but check this one mixup out in particular
vB4ZrHw.gif

Those kunai fly upwards on command. They woke up expecting more corner pressure, ate the throw and then got jumped on. You block high you eat the kunai, you block low you eat the jump in, you forward roll you corner yourself and you backwards roll and they use homing dash on jump in and you run very close to being hit by the kunai anyways and might not make it.

Heres a few more moments to enjoy
lFUR9oE.gif

gSPCj4v.gif

Insane tourney in japan on the new title Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars to get an idea on how the series plays at high level

Is this worth getting if you already own Arcana Heart 3? I really liked it. Looks very similar.

inner-G

Banned

Is this game worth that?
Objectively, yes, but your time would be better spent with Driveclub or Project CARS if you haven't played those

Grady

Was waiting for sherlock to drop cheap. Almost bought it a couple times at 30.00. Glad i waited. 7 bucks is good.

SpotAnime

If you all don't buy Sweet Fuse and Hakuoki, you have no soul.

$11 bucks for those two games? Just skip Starbucks for two days. Those games will give you weeks of enjoyment.

Do it.

If you all don't buy Sweet Fuse and Hakuoki, you have no soul.

$11 bucks for those two games? Just skip Starbucks for two days. Those games will give you weeks of enjoyment.

Do it.

I want to buy one visual novel between Sweet Fuse, Hakuoki and Xblaze. any recommendation if you had to pick one?

I hope no one buys Midnight Club LA:CE with the expectation of playing online. I didn't see a single mention of online being discontinued on the PS3's store page.

shaowebb

Is this worth getting if you already own Arcana Heart 3? I really liked it. Looks very similar.

Id say so yes. The Arcana eclipses being a new thing added during Extend force gives you the equivalent of Custom Ultras. Plus activating extend force in general completely refills the arcana gauge. Plus it adds the equivalent of bother Xfactor stuff and Xfactor cancelling. Plus it has all the AH1 and AH2 stages added, plus the addition of extended story, trials,time attack, survival...etc.Lots of tweaks to balance. Also after story stuff.

I have both and after playing Love Max I touched on AH3 and you can definitely feel it. Well worth it.

I got all excited, and then got sad.

Oh well, I shouldn't spend any more money right now anyways lol

Finally bought Bravely Default, so I'll play that.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Is Rogue Legacy worth it? I've never played it.

Also, anyone know if that Walking Dead season 2 comes with all the episodes? It doesn't say "complete", so Im not sure.

I would say Rogue Legacy is probably my top 10 Ps3 games of all time. I however have a lot more PSN games on there than retail games so in case you want to know my taste.

Is this game worth that?

I hated NFS Rivals personally. The cops are a total drag, you literally can't do anything without getting a bunch of cops after you that take 5 minutes to lose. And then you get busted and lose all the points you gained. It's really a terrible system. Catching racers as the cops isn't fun either, you just ram into them a bunch and it's hard to do.

ZoronMaro

I'll ask again, does anyone have experience with Arcana Heart 3 LM on Vita? Does it lag or anything?

Also has anyone played Aaru's Awakening? Is it worth it for the art alone?

kevin1025

Banned
I hated NFS Rivals personally. The cops are a total drag, you literally can't do anything without getting a bunch of cops after you that take 5 minutes to lose. And then you get busted and lose all the points you gained. It's really a terrible system. Catching racers as the cops isn't fun either, you just ram into them a bunch and it's hard to do.

That's my major dislike of the game, as well. The cops being so tenacious really sucks the fun out of things. Otherwise, though, the game is really cool, but that part does take away from it all.

I ended up picking up RE4 and RE6 and then used a 20% off code towards REmake on ps4. Cost me around $31 total. So now I have 1,4,5,and 6 and just need RE0make, RE2make, and RE3make to make my personal RE collection complete.

GeoramA

I hated NFS Rivals personally. The cops are a total drag, you literally can't do anything without getting a bunch of cops after you that take 5 minutes to lose. And then you get busted and lose all the points you gained. It's really a terrible system.
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of buying but now I'm gonna hold off. Overpowering cops is what ruined GTA V for me.

Top Bottom