• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA - PSN Flash Sale (Aug. 21)

Walpurgis

Banned
At $8, One Piece: Pirate Warriors is a scam. Pirate Warriors 2 seems reasonable for $8 though. Shame about Resident Evil 5 costing more than $5. I guess I'll wait. The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS4 costing nearly twice as much as the PS3 version is another scam. It's well known that Telltate's next gen versions are trash. All in all, this is a pretty shit flash sale.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I can only assume that all these publishers saw how succesful these flash sales were and decided to raise their prices. Id say at least half of these games have been cheaper before.

Walpurgis

Banned
any idea how long the sale will be, i have to remember how on earth i add $$$ to my american psn account again.

Monday, August 24 at around 9am PT/12pm ET
I can only assume that all these publishers saw how succesful these flash sales were and decided to raise their prices. Id say at least half of these games have been cheaper before.
Yeah, I am pretty sure that I've seen Resident Evil 5 for less than that. It seems that $8 is the new $5.

Hubb

All I ever hear is that these games run unplayably bad.

Forgetting the sale for a second, out of all the platforms they're on, where do they run best and where do they run worst?

Ideally I would play these games on my Vita. But I won't do it if they don't work on a fundamental level.

I played The Wolf Among Us on my Vita and I almost couldn't get through it, it was so bad. I played TWD1 on my PS3 and while not great, it never bothered me. I highly recommend not playing TWAU on Vita.

ultron87

If you will ever have a group of people near your PS4 you should have Jackbox Party Pack. It is so good. You only need 1 controller too (and phones, but everyone has those)!

Similarly, if you have 4 controllers you should have Sportsfriends.

For someone like me who's pretty much quit buying games on PS3 (vita and PS4 only these days), the last few sales have been duds. They keep putting the same PS4 games on sale over and over.

Forgetting the sale for a second, out of all the platforms they're on, where do they run best and where do they run worst?

Ideally I would play these games on my Vita. But I won't do it if they don't work on a fundamental level.

I played The Wolf Among Us on my Vita and I almost couldn't get through it, it was so bad. I played TWD1 on my PS3 and while not great, it never bothered me. I highly recommend not playing TWAU on Vita.

Thank you for the impressions. Still looking for more.

Why's the Walking Dead 2 season pass on sale? Haven't all the episodes been released and included in the regular WD2 release?

edit: I see that the season pass for the first Walking Dead is on sale, too.

It depends what you are playing on. Last gen and Vita are atrocious

I played TWD S2 and Wolf Among Us on PC and they ran nearly flawlessly. Tales from the Borderlands runs amazing on PS4 but I can't speak for the other titles

how is wander? Anyone tried it?

1284125276972360881.gif

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Tempted to grab Chivalry for that price. How does it perform on PS3?

I guess here is where I say that if you're ready to get into Telltale's visual novels, The Wolf Among Us should be a purchase for you. I only played it because it was on sale for Vita at Best Buy's website (got it via price match at Fry's, actually). Best ten bucks I've spent on a game in a long time. The '80s aesthetic is spot on, very Michael Mann-like, and the twisty-turny whodunit narrative is just extremely well done. Love the way they highlight the underlying class tensions that drive the story as well, and fits really nicely as a driving force for the action of the game in Reagan-era America. It's pretty much a perfect game from an artistic and storytelling standpoint, and some of the choices that you are forced to make are genuinely fucking hard from an ethical or moral standpoint.

I got into Telltale's stuff with TWD Season 1, but after having played both multiple times, while Lee and Clementine have the most wonderful father-daughter style relationship in games ever, TWAU is superior in every way beyond that specific relationship (and I think Bigby and Snow have an interesting relationship in their own right).

theRizzle

Thank you for the impressions. Still looking for more.

PS4 versions of all the Telltale stuff are better than last-gen versions but still not quite up to the PC. They run more or less fine on PS4 with a little bit of slowdown here or there.

The Vita versions on the other hand should be avoided like a waterslide with a pool of discarded syringes at the end. They are pretty much across the board BAD. (TWD1 and TWAU are at least)

ohlawd

oh shit four bucks for Fate/Extra. now I can get it

if I remember right, it was $7 last time it went on sale. patience is a virtue

hollerphonix

Neo Member
I've played all the telltale games on ps4 had one hickup total nothing major and nothing that was overly jarring so they're worth playing on ps4. On the other hand I've tried twd on ps3 and it's somethin akin to a trainwreck found it hard to handle and for a game that should be fairly easy to run it tends to bog things down heavily.

Otherwise I was debating on Sherlock and murderred for ps4. For whatever reason murdered has always caught my eye but never enough to put the cash down on it.
With Sherlock I got the ps3 version through plus but have yet to touch it. Would it be worthwhile to plunk down cash on the ps4 version are there any major differences between versions?

Any opinions are more than welcome

I think I will snag RE6. I've heard both bad and good depending on who you ask, but this seems like a nice enough deal to give it a shot.

TWAU runs poorly on Vita, but not on PS4. TWD S1 runs okay on Vita, but it's a shame because I prefer to play these games on handheld more than on home console.

bobawesome

I picked up Xblaze Code: Embryo because I hate myself. I've heard it's pretty bad but I'm sure I can get some enjoyment out of it for $7.80.

How come first party games rarely go on sale on PSN? I regularely see games like kill zone, infamous, and the order on sale in stores but I've yet to see a digital deal worth jumping at.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How come first party games rarely go on sale on PSN? I regularely see games like kill zone, infamous, and the order on sale in stores but I've yet to see a digital deal worth jumping at.

You must just be looking at the wrong times.

I've got just about every Sony first party Vita game I want for example and I've yet to pay more than 4 dollars for any single title.

El_Cinefilo

Got some US Psn credit and picked up Sherlock Holmes, $7.80 is much better than the $25 is currently on sale for on the UK store.

shaowebb

Grabbed One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. I wanted to try this series at some point since I constantly hear its one of the best musou titles out there. Here's hoping its as good as folks made it out to be.

Also I still strongly encourage folks to buy Arcana Heart 3 Love Max.

Reason 1
Reason 2
Reason 3
Reason 4

Roto13

If I knew if The Walking Dead Season 3 would use the Season 2 save file, I'd get Seasons 1 and 2 on PS4.

how is wander? Anyone tried it?

It is widely considered to be the absolute worst game on PS4. Buggy and you don't do anything in it besides wander around and not interact with stuff.

Top Bottom