• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Pac-Man Museum for WiiU/PS3/XBLA/PC/3DS and Pac-Man CE DX+

Namco's been really weird about offering the speed hack that people are used to / love. For some reason, it seems like that usually don't want to acknowledge it, and instead want to put in a different speed option that doesn't play like the popular hack.

The reason why I still have my copy of the NES Tengen version of Ms. Pac-Man (called "always-on" "Pac-Booster" there and in the Genesis and SNES versions, plays lovely with the NES Advantage).

kitsuneyo

Where's my WiiU CEDX+?

I don't know. I can't understand it. Surely it would take very little effort to make a Wii U port and stick it on the eShop. That would be my preferred platform thanks to off-TV play. Now I'll just get it on PS3 I suppose.

Wii U is getting even less 3rd party love than Wii. Like, way less :(

At least Wii U is getting Battle Royale!

Zia

Wow, I somehow missed that CE is included in Museum. Fuck yes!!! One of the only perfect games ever made. Now someone please get Rez HD and Red Dead Redemption onto Steam so my 360 can live a minimalist life as an ESPN/HBO GO player.

Timeless

Two things I'd love to see, as a Pac-Man fan:

Jr. Pac-Man Widescreen - This game features left-right scrolling on a maze wider than a vertical monitor. With widescreen TVs there can be less or maybe even zero scrolling.

Baby Pac-Man on Pinball Arcade - This pinball / Pac-Man crossover is another weird game that should be preserved.

I grew up on Pac-Man but I think Pac-Man CE DX is the best Pac-Man game to date. Almost all of the spinoffs and hacks can't compare to the four greatest Pac-Man games:

1. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
2. Pac-Man
3. Pac-Man Championship Edition
4. Pac-Man Vs.

FSLink

Banned
Really awesome news. Been waiting for Battle Royale to get a console port.

Is it too much to ask for a Wii U port of Pac-Man VS to be included in Pac-Man Museum?

I don't know. I can't understand it. Surely it would take very little effort to make a Wii U port and stick it on the eShop. That would be my preferred platform thanks to off-TV play. Now I'll just get it on PS3 I suppose.

Wii U is getting even less 3rd party love than Wii. Like, way less :(

At least Wii U is getting Battle Royale!

I said it's likely CEDX is in on Wii U and 3DS versions and DX+ comes with it, it'd be a very odd omission, and it's only mentioned for the other platforms since they have the game already and it's a free update.

Battle Royale is not that good. Seriously, one of the biggest letdowns for me.

I wish they would put both CE and CE DX on 3DS, the Museum collection seems so anemic.

kitsuneyo

Bump! New screens released today, including this one of Battle Royale:

BATTLE_ROYAL_Game_2.png

I don't understand why the border is there, I thought the game is HD? Kind of disappointing. The only screen that doesn't have the border like this is a shot from Pac-Man CE.

Hopefully the border is optional anyway, as that would be a sucky way to play the game in multiplayer.

I saw the screens at http://nintendoeverything.com/pac-man-museum-screenshots-2/

Bump! New screens released today, including this one of Battle Royale:

I don't understand why the border is there, I thought the game is HD? Kind of disappointing. The only screen that doesn't have the border like this is a shot from Pac-Man CE.

Hopefully the border is optional anyway, as that would be a sucky way to play the game in multiplayer.

I saw the screens at http://nintendoeverything.com/pac-man-museum-screenshots-2/

OOOH, more games are in, let's see:

Pac-Man Arrangement (fuck yes, wanted to play this)
Pac-Attack
Champion Edition DX (O_O)
Pac-Land
Pac-Mania
Pac & Pal
Super Pac-Man

The screen mentions DX in the URL, can anyone verify:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't wait to download CE DX+ next Wednesday. Wonder if there'll be additional trophies/achievements to go with the extra challenge medals.

d+pad

Indeed. Well, there are two games with that name, one is HOLY CRAPBALLS AMAZING and the other is a fairly lifeless extra slapped onto one of the dozens of Namco Museum discs.

Out of curiosity, is the HOLY CRAPBALLS AMAZING version the one that was released for the GBA?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Out of curiosity, is the HOLY CRAPBALLS AMAZING version the one that was released for the GBA?
That game was quite good. I remember playing it a good bit.

Didn't know there was another one called Arrangement.

I'll look this gift horse directly in the mouth and say I'm disappointed you can't get Battle Royale add a standalone title.

But oh God, I didn't think I'd live to see this day...

Yup.

It was originally part of an arcade collection (with other awesome classic Namco "arrangement" remakes). I think it is also on the Namco Museum disc on GameCube, Xbox and PS2.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is there anything "Free" about a "Free update to add DLC support"? I would've preferred a paid expansion with sizable content, but I guess that model isn't even good for business these days. Pacman CE DX is still one of my most played games though, so if the DLC is reasonably priced and adds to the experience I'll definitely bite.

Edit: had no idea this was old news.

I miss the interactive "virtual museums" of the PS1 Namco Museum games. Would kill for a "Complete" version that combines all the volumes into one(with extra titles included), a full explorable virtual museum complete with game room sectors unique for each game, and HD production art, manual pages and flyers(as well as an expanded library with all the interesting facts and history about Namco).

joedick

According to that same random Nintendo Life post, it is the PSP/360 version of Arrangement.

I've got most of these games on other comps, but it'll be nice to get Battle Royale. And Pac-Land!

steveovig

Yea, the pic is from the crappy PSP Arrangement. I have no earthly clue why both weren't included. It's not like there is a size issue. Can anyone think of anything else they forgot to put in here? I would have liked Pac-Man World 1 and 2.

joedick

Yea, the pic is from the crappy PSP Arrangement. I have no earthly clue why both weren't included. It's not like there is a size issue. Can anyone think of anything else they forgot to put in here? I would have liked Pac-Man World 1 and 2.

The 'World' games seem a bit beyond the scope of this Museum. Ms Pac-Man stands out as an obvious omission. Not that I care, we've got enough versions of that game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
The 'World' games seem a bit beyond the scope of this Museum. Ms Pac-Man stands out as an obvious omission. Not that I care, we've got enough versions of that game.
Is there a licensed version for home that has the standard speed used in arcades now? (I.e. fast, not the original slow speed...)

Top Bottom