• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Pac-Man Museum for WiiU/PS3/XBLA/PC/3DS and Pac-Man CE DX+

RobbieNick

Just purchased this without looking up any impression or reviews cuz "Hey! It's just a bunch of classic Pac-Man games and Battle Royale! They can't possibly screw that up, right?

WRONG!

Outside of championship, every single solitary game has MASSIVE borders shrinking your view of the game by 50% or more. What's worse, unlike EVERY SINGLE CLASSIC GAME COLLECTION EVER, you cannot change the size of your screen or the borders. Whose stupid fucking idea was this?!!

No online for Battle Royal. Y'know, the game that got rave reviews in the arcades because of it's incredibly fun multiplayer. Better hope you got 3 more friends around.

You pause the game by pressing...triangle. Repeat, you pause the game by pressing triangle. The start button does nothing......WHY?!

I want my $20 back Namco for this half-assed collection.

FSLink

Banned
Outside of championship, every single solitary game has MASSIVE borders shrinking your view of the game by 50% or more. What's worse, unlike EVERY SINGLE CLASSIC GAME COLLECTION EVER, you cannot change the size of your screen or the borders. Whose stupid fucking idea was this?!!

You pause the game by pressing...triangle. Repeat, you pause the game by pressing triangle. The start button does nothing......WHY?!

Wasn't expecting online play in Battle Royale anyway since I'd imagine they'd advertise that upfront for the initial press release.

These other issues though, wtf.

Glass Joe

Just purchased this without looking up any impression or reviews cuz "Hey! It's just a bunch of classic Pac-Man games and Battle Royale! They can't possibly screw that up, right?

WRONG!

No online for Battle Royal. Y'know, the game that got rave reviews in the arcades because of it's incredibly fun multiplayer. Better hope you got 3 more friends around.

I want my $20 back Namco for this half-assed collection.

Wow. How does one screw up something as simple as a Pac Man collection like this? I feel for ya, man.

Roto13

Are the borders more annoying than the ones in the Namco Museum Essentials collection? Those didn't bother me much.

The key difference is that you can expand the size of the playfield in Namco Museum Essentials, so the borders aren't really an issue there.

They're not too bad for most of the games in Pac-Man Museum, but Pac-Land and Pac-Attack look like the screenshot in my review, which is disgusting.

..Annnnnddd they left off Jr.Pac-Man AGAIN. And no BABY Pac-Man either. Sigh..

I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe Bally/Midway still retain the rights to Jr. Pac-Man.

Baby Pac-Man was never a good game, sorry.

Also: this collection is garbage. I'm glad to finally have vs in the house (the kids love it) but the borders on everything wreck my eyes.

Mockduck

Neo Member
Picked this up yesterday. Overall I really like it: I can finally earn a Playstation trophy for Ms. Pac Man :) and I think the games themselves play quite well. Also, Battle Royale (and for me, CE, as I didn't have it.)

I too am REALLY annoyed by the inability to remove the bright, obnoxious framing around the game display. Also, some of the weird menu/ui stuff as described above (triangle to pause.) Also, can't figure out how to do a two-player Ms. Pac Man...

BUT - for me, the price is fine (lot of games for the $20) and the collection is quite nice.

I'm fuzzy on the details, but I believe Bally/Midway still retain the rights to Jr. Pac-Man.

Baby Pac-Man was never a good game, sorry.

Also: this collection is garbage. I'm glad to finally have vs in the house (the kids love it) but the borders on everything wreck my eyes.

You take that back! I'll trap you in pinball hell!

Semi-OT: Is it me, or did the song playing on South Park when Randy was riding his scrotum balls sort of sound like the Pac-Mania song?

Namco retconned those a long time ago and for very good reason. Let it go.
I must have missed that. IMO, JR.Pac-Man continued to improve the series (7 mazes , Scrolling screens, and when the bonus items bounced over dots, they made them big, slowing the player down, then, if they got to the energizer, it exploded.)
Under-appreciated game, in all honesty and doesn't deserve to be ignored.

Top Bottom