• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Pac-Man Museum for WiiU/PS3/XBLA/PC/3DS and Pac-Man CE DX+

1upmuffin

Namco classic collections stopped being interesting once they removed the museums you could explore. This one seems even less interesting since it only has Pac Man games and not Dig Dug.

Timeless

Namco classic collections stopped being interesting once they removed the museums you could explore. This one seems even less interesting since it only has Pac Man games and not Dig Dug.
I always interpreted it as "Pac-Man Battle Royale + games you already have or otherwise don't care about".

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if the DS Pac-Man World 3 was anything like the first two games?

It's actually seemingly a faithful port of the console game, much more like that than even World 1 on PS1. Recently they re-released it in a 2-Pack with Namco Museum DS for $20, I really want it.

Only just found out a couple hours ago that DX+ updated on 360. ALSO found out a couple hours ago that DX+ is a free update - but the majority of tracks and skins are NOT free. You gotta buy em. You can buy everything in one shot for 7.99

I went ahead and did it, as I know for a fact I'm going to blister the fuck out of my thumbs playing these.

I basically spent the last 2 hours trying to crack the top 15 on Championship III. Only got to 18. That's probably as far into the top 20 as I'll ever get, once these tracks start getting picked up - so far it looks like only a couple hundred people have got em as of right now.

This game is so satisfying.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Only just found out a couple hours ago that DX+ updated on 360. ALSO found out a couple hours ago that DX+ is a free update - but the majority of tracks and skins are NOT free. You gotta buy em. You can buy everything in one shot for 7.99
Wait, there's a bundle on XBL? There wasn't a bundle on PSN, dangit. I will check again... but the price of all the pieces was ridiculous.

bjork

For some reason I was under the impression that all the skins and stuff would be free, but $8 isn't so bad for all of it. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for Dig Dug-related things, so I'm in.

The update has decided to corrupt my save, right after I buy the extras pack. So bye-bye all my scores. And they've kinda messed up navigation and menus. And I had to resize the screen before doing anything. Good way to make my first impressions is that it's a piece of shit.

Good thing the game's still good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone know what the unlockable skin for getting all the trophies/achievements and medals looks like? I can't get it so medals share on Facebook (need to recheck that) & need to score 1.8 million while figuring out how to get 3 new personal bests, despite doing so.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what the unlockable skin for getting all the trophies/achievements and medals looks like? I can't get it so medals share on Facebook (need to recheck that) & need to score 1.8 million while figuring out how to get 3 new personal bests, despite doing so.
The character visuals option pretty much spoils it: it's
original Pac-Man

Roto13

Wait, there's a bundle on XBL? There wasn't a bundle on PSN, dangit. I will check again... but the price of all the pieces was ridiculous.

There's supposed to be a bundle on PSN, too, but it's mysteriously missing. There's an option for it when you look at the DLC in-game but there's no price for it listed and it's not in the PSN store.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized, there was mention of new trophies/achievements as well from the description on PSN/Xbox.com....yet & don't see any.

Chomp through bright neon mazes at blistering speeds to unlock brand new achievements and medals for an increased challenge!

Roto13

Wow. They are asking too much.

The best part is that the Ms. Pac-Man DLC is "free" until the end of March. What this really means is "The price is going up by another $5 if you wait a month so it's probably not worth it to wait for a sale, especially since Namco games don't go on sale all that often."

japtor

Looks like Wii U and 3DS ones were canceled. Might get it on 360 if it supports tate mode for the appropriate games but I'm guessing it won't.

The best part is that the Ms. Pac-Man DLC is "free" until the end of March. What this really means is "The price is going up by another $5 if you wait a month so it's probably not worth it to wait for a sale, especially since Namco games don't go on sale all that often."

From my experience, at least on PSN and Steam (don't know XBL) you can buy the free DLC when it's available, and get the base game whenever you want. So when it's free, just grab it

dock

This thread has just made me order a copy of Namco Museum for the gamecube.
I'm in the UK so it may take a while for it to arrive, but I'm keen to play Pac-man arrangement.

$20 to play Pac-Man Battle Royale is actually a bit of a rough deal, and the $5 Ms Pac-man is insult to injury.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

The 360 collection was the largest and best from the ones I've played. I did enjoy the old museum feature though, but that was only on PSone.

Roto13

From my experience, at least on PSN and Steam (don't know XBL) you can buy the free DLC when it's available, and get the base game whenever you want. So when it's free, just grab it

I think Namco said something like "Free to early buyers" but they're kind of a mess sometimes so who knows.

Wait, some of the games are DLC? Somehow I missed this, is there more DLC than just Ms. Pac-Man?

I believe it's just Ms. Pac-Man. Which is still essentially like making Super Mario Bros. 3 DLC for Super Mario All-Stars.

Top Bottom