• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai to host a Pre-TGS Press Event in Tokyo on Oct 7th 11:00AM!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
Next main Tales is going to the Wii, from what I understand.

Yes. I don't know why people would expect a new Tales PS3 game. A Vesperia port seems likely.

jeremy1456

Eteric Rice said:
Next main Tales is going to the Wii, from what I understand.

Yes, however, Namco has proven in the past that they are more than capable of making multiple Tales games at the same time.

Yazuka

duckroll said:
Nope. Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are Namco properties.
You are 100% sure of that? Sorry for asking, but everyone says different things, I don't know what to believe anymore.
I mostly wanna know, because then I can keep dreaming that they might add Xenosaga cameo stuff in other games at least.

schuelma

Negaiido said:
Why is there ToV for the 360? same reason

I'm just saying that from what we know, Wii is getting the next mainline Tales game. Vesperia just finished. I really really doubt a brand new Tales game for PS3, or 360 for that matter, will be announced anytime soon.

TunaLover

what are the chances of a Sky Crawlers, and Fragile localization'

i dunno, but it seems namco isn't very friend of localization aside from the Tales serie.

Akai

TunaLover said:
i dunno, but it seems namco isn't very friend of localization aside from the Tales serie.

Namco isn't very friendly with the Tales series either... >=(

schuelma

On a related note, do we know of any other pre-TGS conferences? Specifically from SE or Sony?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
DMPrince said:
New Tales of for ps3. Calling it.
If that does happen the announcement would be after the Wii tales announcement. So it seems unlikely for this event (if anything happens at all)

Threi

notag
duckroll said:
Before we get excited

TOO LATE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

duckroll

Yazuka said:
You are 100% sure of that? Sorry for asking, but everyone says different things, I don't know what to believe anymore.
I mostly wanna know, because then I can keep dreaming that they might add Xenosaga cameo stuff in other games at least.

Yes, I'm 100% sure of that.

TunaLover

It will be another 360 microsoft funded project. I think the big projects now are released only by co-funding, MS is on the roll with scamco, Sony still thinks they will recieve EVENTUALLY inconditional suport from third parties or they simply aren't in good shape for invest in exclusive projects like MS.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Hero of legend said:
Hold on, was it actually a bunch of screens at Nintendo's conference?

I thought it was a trailer, where did you read this?
i didn't read it anywhere, i watched the whole thing over a post-mortem stream (with an English voice over to boot), and unlike the MH3 and DQ9 trailers, which while blacked out, had audio. when Tales was mentioned, there was no audio. certainly, it could have been cut out entirely due to voices and whatnot, but i'll go more for the screens, since only an off-screen picture has been floating around instead of a video like there was for MH3.

schuelma

doomed1 said:
i didn't read it anywhere, i watched the whole thing over a post-mortem stream (with an English voice over to boot), and unlike the MH3 and DQ9 trailers, which while blacked out, had audio. when Tales was mentioned, there was no audio. certainly, it could have been cut out entirely due to voices and whatnot, but i'll go more for the screens, since only an off-screen picture has been floating around instead of a video like there was for MH3.

I thought there was audio- a remix of Tales of Destiny.

duckroll

Yazuka said:
Thank you, glad to hear that. Now I can continue to hope. =D

KOS-MOS and the Namco x Capcom original characters already showed up in SRW OG Saga, and Nintendo has nothing to do with that game. It shows that there's nothing stopping Monolithsoft from working with Namco, except probably as long as they stay on Nintendo hardware.

Yazuka

duckroll said:
KOS-MOS and the Namco x Capcom original characters already showed up in SRW OG Saga, and Nintendo has nothing to do with that game. It shows that there's nothing stopping Monolithsoft from working with Namco, except probably as long as they stay on Nintendo hardware.

Yeah, that was why I stared wondering. I just thought KOS-MOS and The NxC guys where in OG Saga because Monolithsoft was still a part of Namco at the time.
But I'm really thankfull to have gotten things cleared up.

ya know if this would event would have been held a little over a month ago i'd post "omg plz announce a tales for ps3". but now, i'd much rather hear about almost anything other than a new tales game.

I supposed they already blew their load with Taiko Wii, Klonoa, Tales, Gundam vs Gundam, Gundam Musou 2 and so. Not expecting anything new myself.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Maybe CC2 will finally unveil their DS game?

It was announced as "coming soon" a year and a half ago on their website...

How does it taked to make DS game??

Elios83

Maybe something really unexpected will happen and a game no one would associate with Namco will be announced :p

schuelma

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I supposed they already blew their load with Taiko Wii, Klonoa, Tales, Gundam vs Gundam, Gundam Musou 2 and so. Not expecting anything new myself.

Yeah, guess that might make it a little more likely that they actually blow out Tales Wii so there is something to talk about..

Dante

Are they ever gonna talk about Cellius? :lol

logo.bmp

Negaiido

TunaLover said:
It will be another 360 microsoft funded project. I think the big projects now are released only by co-funding, MS is on the roll with scamco, Sony still thinks they will recieve EVENTUALLY inconditional suport from third parties or they simply aren't in good shape for invest in exclusive projects like MS.

Tbh I think its gonna be this too because MS said they wanted more RPG's.
I really don't want it to happen but there's really nothing I can do :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Negaiido said:
I really don't want it to happen but there's really nothing I can do :(

Whoever said Tales and AC6 were MS funded. Don't you think they started work on those before PS3 dev kits were even out?

zoku88

Kagari said:
Whoever said Tales and AC6 were MS funded. Don't you think they started work on those before PS3 dev kits were even out?
this is NeoGAF. If the 360 gets a jpn game first, it must be moneyhats. ;P

Paracelsus

Negaiido said:

There is just one "little" problem about what he said.

There cannot be another co-funded game, because there never was one in the first place, otherwise rumors about a PS3 port wouldn't exist at all, just like it happened with IU.

A Japanese port (at least) of ToV is more than likely.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Paracelsus said:
There is just one "little" problem about what he said.

There cannot be another co-funded game, because there never was one in the first place, otherwise rumors about a PS3 port wouldn't exist at all, just like it happened with IU.

A Japanese port (at least) of ToV is more than likely.

Probably. At least according to their website "mistake" they made not too long ago.

Top Bottom