• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai to host a Pre-TGS Press Event in Tokyo on Oct 7th 11:00AM!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
SolidSnakex said:
I'm not sure that they showed the PS3 version. He just mentioned them talking about it.

I can't read the article at work-did they say that was all they showed? Or was there stuff under embargo they couldn't talk about?

iceatcs

schuelma said:
I can't read the article at work-did they say that was all they showed? Or was there stuff under embargo they couldn't talk about?
It is podcast, but I can't hear tho.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Tekken is staying exclusive eh? That's a shocker.
It is make a scene because I think it running on arcade machine about same Cell system as PS3. It is easy to port on Blu-ray. Maybe Timing?

Isn't it pretty rare for a Japanese press event to be NDA'd? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall the last time that happened.

jj984jj said:
Fake Edit: Beaten. They were talking about the Arcade expansion BTW, no details about the PS3 Tekken 6 beyond it's heading to PS3.

Doh.
Fair warning. If Tekken 6 PS3 hits this year or early next year expect it to be vanilla T6. With BR making a killing in the arcades there's no reason to shortchange any of its' success for a console release.

Dali

jj984jj said:
Some of the games in the podcast:

- Afro Samurai
- Splatterhouse
- Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (Arcade)

Fake Edit: Beaten.

Edit: They were talking about the Arcade expansion BTW, no details about the PS3 Tekken 6 beyond it's heading to PS3. One person actually thought that was new news. :lol
For what Afro Samurai is it seems like they've been working on it for a really long time. It looks nice, but it doesn't look like anything ground-breaking. I wonder if they are just trying to time its release with the second season in 2009, but it's actually been done for a while now.

duckroll

Father_Brain said:
Isn't it pretty rare for a Japanese press event to be NDA'd? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall the last time that happened.

It's not a Japanese press event, it's a press event in Japan for the foreign press. No Japanese journalists were involved.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Doh.
Fair warning. If Tekken 6 PS3 hits this year or early next year expect it to be vanilla T6. With BR making a killing in the arcades there's no reason to shortchange any of its' success for a console release.

The PS3 isn't getting the vanilla T6. This is what the guy in the IGN podcast said

When it comes to PS3 it'll have more content than is in that expansion (Bloodline Rebellion).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
It's not a Japanese press event, it's a press event in Japan for the foreign press. No Japanese journalists were involved.

No wonder it sucked!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
Wait, and we thought Tales Wii would be revealed here? :lol

kay

Tales of IDOLM@STER, one dungeon, the rest is on the disc but you have to buy unlock keys for everything else

Afrikan

glaurung said:
New ACE COMBAT for PS3.

Pleasepleaseplease.

u know..... you could've wrote that in a different way...... my reaction to your post went from this "O_O YESSSSSSSSSSSsss"

to

:(

rykomatsu

kay said:
Tales of IDOLM@STER, one dungeon, the rest is on the disc but you have to buy unlock keys for everything else

uh...idolmaster doesn't have DLC on the disc last i checked...unless the key is fucking 500mb+ or something

kay

rykomatsu said:
uh...idolmaster doesn't have DLC on the disc last i checked...unless the key is fucking 500mb+ or something

obviously not.. not like I was serious there. Just a joke on how Namco has been selling unlock keys for on disc content lately.

Chemo

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Tekken is staying exclusive eh? That's a shocker.
Tekken 6 runs on CELL-based hardware. I doubt a 360 port is going to be very easy to do at all (although I'm sure they'll try eventually).

Hunahan

Banned
Didn't we already know about all of those titles?

Wasn't "secret and exclusive revealing titles" on the press sheet in OP?

There's gotta be more....

lupinko

Chemo said:
Tekken 6 runs on CELL-based hardware. I doubt a 360 port is going to be very easy to do at all (although I'm sure they'll try eventually).

Also System 356 is a PS3 pretty much, hell it even has a XMB! lol

You can check out a video on youtube to see that.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So they did show Splatterhouse. Color me shocked, because with Platinum Games unsure if they're going to sell that violent game named after a Tears for Fears song in Japan, I'd be shocked if Splatterhouse doesn't meet the same fate...

Top Bottom