• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai to host a Pre-TGS Press Event in Tokyo on Oct 7th 11:00AM!

matmanx1

Eh I dont care what the journalists say, Tales of Vesperia IS an "A" quality JRPG release. Especially in the all important gameplay department which is excellent. Of course that's my opinion and I understand not everyone agrees but just because a game isnt overhyped doesnt mean it isnt excellent.

rykomatsu

Jonnyram said:
You guys are nuts. The OP even says it goes on until the evening. Noone's going to liveblog for 6+ hours continuously.

First presentation ends at 11:45am though, supposedly

btw, do japanese game companies usually send out invitations in English for an event in Japan?

wsippel

Banned
Revelations said:
Maybe that was a reason to embargo. :D OMG this news is too big to get out 2 days before we REALLY annouce it...
Why hold a press conference two days prior to TGS if you don't plan to reveal the infos 'till TGS? Or after TGS? Makes no sense, right?

lupin23rd

distantmantra said:
Super Robot Wars HD. Believe.

Yeah, right. :lol

They are going to have the recently released Z game on the floor from what I saw. I am hoping this week we'll hear about an HD game (the PS3 one that's been mentioned) or a Wii game. But it's probably too soon.

The presentation is from 11.00 am to 11.45 am. I guess the rest of the day is for demos, trailers...

Like the Squenix event...

Jonnyram

rykomatsu said:
btw, do japanese game companies usually send out invitations in English for an event in Japan?
Considering half the world's gaming press is in Japan for TGS, I would say it would be a good idea.

rykomatsu

Jonnyram said:
Considering half the world's gaming press is in Japan for TGS, I would say it would be a good idea.

sorry, didn't clarify...

do Japanese gaming companies send invitations in English for satelite/minor press events?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Here's my guess: New Tales games and more crappy sub-ubisoft level Namco games. Then we finally get to see Nobinobi Boy.

careksims

matmanx1 said:
Eh I dont care what the journalists say, Tales of Vesperia IS an "A" quality JRPG release. Especially in the all important gameplay department which is excellent. Of course that's my opinion and I understand not everyone agrees but just because a game isnt overhyped doesnt mean it isnt excellent.

I definitely agree with ya. ToV to me is the best Tales game and everyone needs to play it!

GalacticAE said:
2nd Super robot wars z for ps3 and GvG next for current gen consoles! I can feel it!

I could see them dubbing it Super Robot Wars ZZ.

The only thing about that rumored PS3 title was that it was a Super Robot title, so it could be an offshoot like Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander, Real Robot Shooting, or Real Robot Regiment.

Dali said:
Does Bamco have the Gurren Lagann license? Don't mind me. Just thinking out loud.

Konami has it.

wsippel said:
Why hold a press conference two days prior to TGS if you don't plan to reveal the infos 'till TGS? Or after TGS? Makes no sense, right?

One reason could be your giving media a sneek peak to things you don't want announced until a worldwide press conference the day of the major event? Ionno, That's just 1 thought.

GPsych

matmanx1 said:

Impossible. ToV is on the Xbox 360, therefore it's a 'B' game. FFXIII is now a 'B' game also. Looks like only White Knight Chronicles can hold on to its 'A' status. Oh wait, it's a new IP - can't be an 'A' game. Let me see here, is there anything coming out that's still an 'A' RPG?

All joking aside, I don't know how Lost Odyssey can be seen as anything but a top tier title. Yes, it was derivative of a forumla that has passed its prime. However, it managed to take everything I loved about the old-school turn-based RPGs and put it all together for something incredible.

-G

Dali

distantmantra said:
Konami has it.
I don't know whether to be happy that the makers of ZOE have it or sad that the company that does a lot of good anime stuff and coincidentally is probably announcing cool shit right this very moment doesn't.

Dali said:
I don't know whether to be happy that the makers of ZOE have it or sad that the company that does a lot of good anime stuff and coincidentally is probably announcing cool shit right this very moment doesn't.

Konami made a horrible Gurren Lagann game for the DS.

JaMarco

matmanx1 said:
truth

Dali

distantmantra said:
Konami made a horrible Gurren Lagann game for the DS.
I saw screens of it a while ago, but didn't know who made it. It's just a portable game so that's totally forgivable. Now if they make a console game, it better be fucking awesome. It'd be a shame if that IP ends up like Evangelion with not a one decent game.

Defuser

Dali said:
Konami blew their chance when they make a mediocre DS game and a failure MMO.

Dali said:
I saw screens of it a while ago, but didn't know who made it.
Quite easy to know,if you watch the sponsors credits before the shows starts,you can see which game company is sponsoring it. Usually it means they are going to make a game.

Dali said:
I saw screens of it a while ago, but didn't know who made it. It's just a portable game so that's totally forgivable. Now if they make a console game, it better be fucking awesome. It'd be a shame if that IP ends up like Evangelion with not a one decent game.

Bandai would treat the license just as poorly as Konami did. 99% of their animu games are horrible.

Dali

Defuser said:
Konami blew their chance when they make a mediocre DS game and a failure MMO.

Quite easy to know,if you watch the sponsors credits before the shows starts,you can see which game company is sponsoring it. Usually it means they are going to make a game.
When I saw the screens I was done watching the series. I don't really pay much attention to the sponsors anyway.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
Tekken 6 or bust.
Oh come on, this isn't Soulcalibur, most of the ladies of Tekken have realistically-sized boobs.

Oh wait, you meant the PS3 version that you're waiting for with bated breath? Nevermind.

Carrying on...

Am I the only one here that wants a Time Crisis compilation for the Wii? With Sega's light gun shooter love for the waggle-tron, Namco must at least be thinking about it...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DMPrince said:
Man, that goddamn mystery cover has been annoying me since that bastard teased it. I thought it was the new Team ICO game, but he said that all the guesses he had- including that one were wrong.

Then again, that means the guesses about it being that Watchmen cash-in are wrong, too. :D

Top Bottom