• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai to host a Pre-TGS Press Event in Tokyo on Oct 7th 11:00AM!

TunaLover

Paracelsus said:
There is just one "little" problem about what he said.

There cannot be another co-funded game, because there never was one in the first place, otherwise rumors about a PS3 port wouldn't exist at all, just like it happened with IU.

A Japanese port (at least) of ToV is more than likely.

Don't be inocent, it doesn't take rocket cience, to launch a RPG in a console with diminute user base in Japan'... Do you really think that no agreement was made between MS and Scamco at this point' I talk co-funded in the sense of decrease invest risk.

Paracelsus

TunaLover said:
Don't be inocent, it doesn't take rocket cience, to launch a RPG in a console with diminute user base in Japan'... Do you really think that no agreement was made between MS and Scamco at this point' I talk co-funded in the sense of decrease invest risk.

It wasn't co-funded. You're mistaking a moneyhat to derail a game from a platform to another one as timed exclusive with a company fully paying dev costs.

And, as far as "decrease invest risk" goes, we can pretty much say that there is risk, and we all saw it. They won't do the same thing again; it benefits MS, that's sure, but it doesn't benefit Namco -at least not on the long run- and neither their fanbase. This time it will be on both platforms day one. On both or on neither, they could just send either PS3 and 360 to fuck off and keep selling on Wii, which is the true safe route.

duckroll said:
Nope. Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are Namco properties.
4rdeup.jpg

rlvwk0.gif

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
OokieSpookie said:
Isn't this just the same thing as in the OP?

:lol :lol :lol

I was at work when the OP was made and my work browser doesn't display the images.

Whoops

Yazuka

B.K. said:
Xenosaga Episode IV: (Insert Nitezsche Title Here)

I can dream. ;_;
Oh, I didn't know you where here too B.K.
But I sure do agree with you! That would make my dream come true.

TunaLover

Paracelsus said:
It wasn't co-funded. You're mistaking a moneyhat to derail a game from a platform to another one as timed exclusive with a company fully paying dev costs.

And, as far as "decrease invest risk" goes, we can pretty much say that there is risk, and we all saw it. They won't do the same thing again; it benefits MS, that's sure, but it doesn't benefit Namco -at least not on the long run- and neither their fanbase. This time it will be on both platforms day one. On both or on neither, they could just send either PS3 and 360 to fuck off and keep selling on Wii, which is the true safe route.

nope, i think you're mistaking ''co-funding'', co-funding means MS and Scamco money was in the proyect.

[Nintex]

Opus Angelorum said:
Prepare yourself for dissapointment, you guys know how these things always end up.
E3 sucked, Leipzig sucked, TGS is our only hope and Nintendo surprised us with Sin & Punishment 2 and a bunch of other games.

Paracelsus

TunaLover said:
nope, i think you're mistaking ''co-funding'', co-funding means MS and Scamco money was in the proyect.

You think MS would allow the game to go on PS3 if money were involved?

No, the money were used just to put the game on their platform period (and first), since there was no reason (lol vision) to do so in the beginning.

TunaLover

Paracelsus said:
You think MS would allow the game to go on PS3 if money were involved?

No, the money were used just to put the game on their platform period (and first), since there was no reason (lol vision) to do so in the beginning.

we could discuss about this when the game is announced for ps3.

Rpgmonkey

I'd like to see the new Tales game, but I do wonder why so many details were hidden, even from the people at the conference, so I think they're going to show it at their little Tales event they do at Jump Festa instead. Would be nice if they actually waited for their other main game instead of blowing out the other so soon though. >_>

Something interesting besides that would be great though.

Dante said:
Are they ever gonna talk about Cellius? :lol

logo.bmp

...This even still exist anymore? >_>

Rpgmonkey said:
I'd like to see the new Tales game, but I do wonder why so many details were hidden, even from the people at the conference, so I think they're going to show it at their little Tales event they do at Jump Festa instead. Would be nice if they actually waited for their other main game instead of blowing out the other so soon though. >_>

Something interesting besides that would be great though.

...This even still exist anymore? >_>
If it does the Kutaragi still have anything to do with it?

S. L.

TunaLover said:
we could discuss about this when the game is announced for ps3.
well looking at this thread alone, it is pretty evident that a lot of the namco fanbase is on playstation.

Namco, remember that Baten kaitos game for the DS?... I still want it.

And wiimake of Origins, I don't care what kind of waggle (or lack of it) you put on it..., it just an excuse to release it on Europe..., talk with Nintendo you mother fuckers!!!

Ah! and Tekken 6 for PS3...and X360... do it for the LULZ!!!

ah tekken...I used to be a huge fan of the series...but they really need to advance the fighting genre....Ive having been really into it since 3... I can understand fans who still enjoy the formula, but I want some true 3d, brutally stylish fighting with true environmental interaction and damage

AAK

It seems like something dedicated to new announcements. So I guess T6 won't be there... Let's instead just enjoy Namco's new wall combo system:

11_tot2233.gif

Top Bottom