• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Museum on Switch

Peltz

Technically Ms. Pac-Man isn't a Namco game, as in they didn't make it themselves. So they're not as proud of it as they are their in-house developed hits and tend not to push it so much despite its popularity.

Wait... really?

Edit: Holy shit! Never knew it was by Midway. (0_0)

MikeyB

$30 is a bit steep, but you purchasing compilations at discounts doesn't really prove a point.

I don't see why apples to apples is the price of games at release rather than the price of games right now.

If you go with the former principle and you are trying to get value for your dollar, you should never ever consider buying Shining Force 2 on Steam. Even though it is listed at $2.99 now, that principle would make it a poor value - the game costs well over $50 once you take the original price and inflation into account.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I noticed that Pac Man Vs Is a free download you can play with friends. Any impressions?

Berordn

I noticed that Pac Man Vs Is a free download you can play with friends. Any impressions?

It's just the app that lets you play with someone else who has the game to emulate the proper Vs. experience.

That said, it works exactly as you'd expect.

Glix

Its the client so you can play multi. Everyone needs their own screen. At least one player needs a legit copy of the collection tho.

I haven't tried it because I don't have real life gaffer type friends :-(

Berordn

Its the client so you can play multi. Everyone needs their own screen. At least one player needs a legit copy of the collection tho.

I haven't tried it because I don't have real life gaffer type friends :-(

Not everyone needs their own screen - the ghosts are intended to share one and Pac-Man gets his own. With two Switch systems and single joycon play, you can play with four players.

Glix

Not everyone needs their own screen - the ghosts are intended to share one and Pac-Man gets his own. With two Switch systems and single joycon play, you can play with four players.

Ah, my bad. Thank you for the clarification.

MikeyB

Ok, that's great and all, but if you're going to go in that direction, then quote the actual prices that are currently on offer. Otherwise, you're not really arguing in good faith.

I see your point. Though even at $20 for 39 games (and if you want to discount similar sequels or iterations, $20 for about 25 games), the comparison shows that Namco is asking a lot to play some old games on the Switch.

I see your point. Though even at $20 for 39 games (and if you want to discount similar sequels or iterations), $20 for about 25 games, Namco is asking a lot to play some old games on the Switch.

Well yeah, I never took issue with that opinion. This collection does feel overpriced.

This game is basically online only in the sense that your high scores get lost if you don't upload them when you achieve them so theres no point playing offline really :( other than that though it's great fun.

Seems to be charting fairly well on eShops worldwide which is nice to see. Hopefully it's a little success for Namco to encourage them to put more of their heritage out there.

I am really enjoying this game more than I ever imagined and have two questions about the high scores:

1. Three people seemed to have maybe maxed out Sky Kid, and three people Tank Force. They have glitched scores and forever have the top spots in those games and top 6 in the overall ranking. Is this something that they achieved with a glitch or did they genuinely play for this long? We are talking crazy scores.

2. It seems on Tower of Druaga at least 50 people have managed to complete the game and get a score of 1.6million plus. This is an extremely high score compared to the rest of the games and therefore ruined the overall top 50 rank as they ALL consist of people who have achieved this. Someone could just do this and not touch the other games and still be top 50, as the other games even if you are very good you would get an average of 100k score. My question is... Did Namco know this would be the case? It's a shame that one single game ruins the legality of the top 50 being the total of a compilation of games rather than just the one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow rolling thunder 2 is pretty bad. Maybe my love of rolling thunder has clouded my judgement but it just feels off. The HUD is hideous and makes it far more difficult to see your life and ammo count at a quick glance, the art is pretty horrible with skinny sprites. Luckily I have the first game but I'd never played the sequel so was curious

Was Mr Do! Namco? Don't remember playing dig dig in the arcades but it seems very similar to Mr Do! (Which I think is a better game)

Is the screen rotation a global setting or per game? And any recommendations for settings? Trying out 3x full dot size and scan lines set to maybe 3-5

Top Bottom