• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Museum on Switch

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
HD Rumble implementation in this game is awesome. Eating ghosts in PAC-Man is very satisfying.

Yeah, was just going to post the same thing. First time it's impressed me, it is a big improvement over normal rumble and I was very sceptical before.

The vibration sort of matches the sound effect. Eating ghosts is glorious, and the explosions in Galaga 88 as well.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Have they mentioned anything about DLC or olnew features coming to this?

I'd like a patch to rotate controls when you rotate the screen. Even if it might not be a good idea to hold the Switch like that with the joycons attached, I want it.

1upsuper

Welp, I learned that the dubious Splatterhouse remake from a few years ago has Splatterhouse 1-3 as unlockables, so I'll probably pick that up instead. Oh well.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was checking this out today. It's tempting for Rolling Thunder 2 but man, that $30 price tag is tough to swallow. Namco should've added more games. I'll keep an eye out for a sale.

alf717

I'd pay $30 for a physical copy but only $20 for digital. I am super tempted to get it though. The presentation looks very good from what I have seen from videos.

I'd pay $30 for a physical copy but only $20 for digital. I am super tempted to get it though. The presentation looks very good from what I have seen from videos.

The presentation is indeed very nice. I actually really like the package altogether even though it's a little short on games. The games that are there are great. Splatterhouse and Rolling Thunder are aces.

Weevilone

I would prefer physical, but at least this type of game is good for digital. Switch is too much of a pain switching carts for a game like this. It's better to just fire it up for a few minutes.

Jazzem

Still loving it after all these years, but I'm not as good as I was back in 1988.

Man I'm impressed if you were able to do well on Rolling Thunder consistently back then, it's so damn tough D: Those man-bat enemies in stage four arrggggh

Was also horrified to read that
it does the Ghosts 'n Goblins thing of having you play a somehow even harder variant of the game again for the proper ending

Have they mentioned anything about DLC or olnew features coming to this?

Wouldn't surprise me if this was a quick one and done thing for them, but I really hope they patch for more customisable controls and snappier menus. I'd also happily buy DLC packs of more games at a reasonable price, I'd prefer that as opposed to multiple museums.

Robin64

Not cool.

DGJD5GyXgAEqBRy.jpg

wii_HD

Neo Member
So is there an hidden game on the collection which would fill out the quick game select screen.

and yeah hope to see the leader boards cleaned of the cheats

Nyx

Man I'm impressed if you were able to do well on Rolling Thunder consistently back then, it's so damn tough D: Those man-bat enemies in stage four arrggggh

Was also horrified to read that
it does the Ghosts 'n Goblins thing of having you play a somehow even harder variant of the game again for the proper ending

I spent tons of credits back in the day though and as I was young I could memorize easier where what type of enemy would appear. In the end I could finish the game from the start with 1 credit if I didn't fuck up. Always will be one of my great gaming memories. :)

Also practically the only reason I bought this Namco Museum!

Jazzem

I spent tons of credits back in the day though and as I was young I could memorize easier where what type of enemy would appear. In the end I could finish the game from the start with 1 credit if I didn't fuck up. Always will be one of my great gaming memories. :)

Also practically the only reason I bought this Namco Museum!

Bahaha amazing :D

...having just finished it while abusing save states to hell and back, I'm even more impressed by your younger self =O God the enemy placement is utter bullshit at times ha. Had a lot of frustration laden fun with it though all the same.

rcl66

Bahaha amazing :D

...having just finished it while abusing save states to hell and back, I'm even more impressed by your younger self =O God the enemy placement is utter bullshit at times ha. Had a lot of frustration laden fun with it though all the same.

Is there not unlimited credits? Just wondering why you had to abuse save states.

Berordn

"Why would you do that?" is the user that I quoted's username.

Also, this has much more to it than Namco Museum 64 or Namco Museum for GBA.

It's a valid point though. This is no longer the N64 or GBA era. Much larger titles were released on PS2 and 360.

Berordn

The GBA was in the same era as the PS2...
The GBA was actually released after the PS2.

I don't get what point you're trying to make here.

The GBA was a handheld many magnitudes weaker in terms of both power and storage capacity. The Switch is significantly more capable than both the GBA and PS2. Previous console and handheld releases featured many more titles. The Switch title only featuring 11 games isn't a great value, because we have so many other titles to compare it to.

Havoc2049

A few more games would have been nice, but the selling point of the Switch version of Namco Museum is Splatterhouse, Tank Force and Rolling Thunder 2, which I think are all appearing for the first time in the Namco Museum games. The online leader boards/high score boards are a nice feature as well, which only a few other versions of Namco Museum have.

No Ms. Pac Man makes this bundle feel incomplete. It's almost like Namco deliberately kept out one of their crown jewels sensing its worth.

Neff

No Ms. Pac Man makes this bundle feel incomplete. It's almost like Namco deliberately kept out one of their crown jewels sensing its worth.

Technically Ms. Pac-Man isn't a Namco game, as in they didn't make it themselves. So they're not as proud of it as they are their in-house developed hits and tend not to push it so much despite its popularity.

A few more games would have been nice, but the selling point of the Switch version of Namco Museum is Splatterhouse, Tank Force and Rolling Thunder 2, which I think are all appearing for the first time in the Namco Museum games. The online leader boards/high score boards are a nice feature as well, which only a few other versions of Namco Museum have.

Yeah. All three games are awesome and have completely justified the price tag for me. I also have a newfound love for Dig Dug, a game I had only dabbled in previously. My life has been such a waste up to this point.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They need to patch in allowing you to change controls after screen rotation. It's pointless otherwise.

I'd like a smoothing filter of some sort, not a fan of the clean pixel look, doesn't look authentic to me, even with scanlines engaged.

Yeah, have same concerns with the price myself but then again I don't know much about the value proposition here as I've never played through Rolling Thunder or Splatterhouse before.

Blues1990

Pac-Man VS. alone is worth the price. When I was in High School, a friend of mine had the whole set-up, and it was a blast to play.

smile_es

Neo Member
I finally bought it yesterday.

I was on the fence because I think the price is too high, but I am not regretting this purchase.

The Switch has that something that makes me have a blast playing Galaga or Rolling Thunder. I do not think I would care much to play those games on any other systems.

So weird...

MikeyB

This isn't great value.

I got Sonic's Ultimate Collection on PS3 for $20 years ago. That's 40 games.

I picked up the PSP Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded for $2.50 each to play on the Vita. That's 39 games for a total of $5.

This isn't great value.

I got Sonic's Ultimate Collection on PS3 for $20 years ago. That's 40 games.

I picked up the PSP Capcom Classics Remixed and Reloaded for $2.50 each to play on the Vita. That's 39 games for a total of $5.

$30 is a bit steep, but you purchasing compilations at discounts doesn't really prove a point.

Top Bottom