• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peff

RPGCrazied said:
No. It was just F what he showed, but the fact still remains, that logo yesterday was ToG F. You'd have to be a complete utter moron to not see what it was.

GqY65.png

That's the first official clue. Clearly they didn't intend for the site to be discovered that same day.

ShockingAlberto said:
I would be disappointed, but there is no way I would be unable to find the humor in this.

I know! It's like watching a little kid open a Christmas present that has a poop inside.

Yes I'm sure they put the ToGF logo there for the lulz and are really deciding to announce Pac Man Party F. Those Namco bastards got us good.

Ravidrath said:
It's Tales of Graces F.

They're just trying to muddle things more because people figured it out faster than expected.
This is likely

But a part of me actually does want it to be Pac-Man now, especially since Talesofgraces.com will presumably one day finish.

ShockingAlberto said:
But a part of me actually does want it to be Pac-Man now, especially since Talesofgraces.com will presumably one day finish.

That's just crazy logic. I'd rather take a localized product that I can buy in the store with a fixed price over having to import a product with premium pricing, and THEN hack my system just to install a translation patch.

MechaX

charlequin said:
If the Graces F logo upfront really was a red herring and this whole buildup is to some unrelated announcement, I will definitely never, ever stop laughing.

Has there ever been a gaming company that would have trolled their fanbase that badly if this ends up being the case?

distantmantra said:
That's just crazy logic. I'd rather take a localized product that I can buy in the store with a fixed price over having to import a product with premium pricing, and THEN hack my system just to install a translation patch.
It's crazy logic for you.

My Wii is already homebrewed and I already own a copy of Graces, so I can't really lose either way.

I'm mainly interested in this because I want to see what Namco's dedication to the Tales franchise in America actually amounts to: nothing or less than nothing?

EktorPR

I guess we'll know more in 2.2.11

That's the date they're hinting at in the distorted image.

EDIT: Beaten by a minute.

RPGCrazied

Damn. I afk for 30mins, and I come back to this! Another week, REALLY? I'll seriously LoL if that date is for another clue.

Quixzlizx

I'm also guessing that Venus & Braves PSP is unimportant enough where Namco would never bring it over themselves, but too important due to the Tales cameos for them to ever let another publisher touch it?

Rpgmonkey

Paznos said:
Ridiculous to drag it out, just announce it's coming. I hate announcements of announcements.

I assume this is typically done because press releases and stuff aren't supposed to happen yet but they want to have fans involved early. You know what's coming, what else are they going to say? It's not going to be a release date, maybe not even a trailer. Nothing but screenshots and there's already dozens of those all over the net.

I don't really see the big deal. People were either going to continue whining about localizations for another couple of days, or they're going to whine about this for a couple of days. Either way it's being whiny for a week, lol.

Paznos

Rpgmonkey said:
I assume this is typically done because press releases and stuff aren't supposed to happen yet but they want to have fans involved early. You know what's coming, what else are they going to say? It's not going to be a release date, maybe not even a trailer. Nothing but screenshots and there's already dozens of those all over the net.

I don't really see the big deal. People were either going to continue whining about localizations for another couple of days, or they're going to whine about this for a couple of days. Either way it's being whiny for a week, lol.
I wonder if Namco will be having an event and announce several games didn't they do that last year or the year before?

Ikkarus

Hmm. I just took another look at that image and there are two dates on it. Perhaps they are announcing two titles at the same time maybe?

zurra

you can still see the swirl of the top of the F (actually most of the F), the ridges of the compass thing, and the "es" of "Tales" if you invert the current image.......... and more of a pac-man level. xD

"2" seems to be a recurring theme here... two Richards, February 2, the date in the image twice...

RZtI3.png

You know another reason why it's obviously Tales of Graces F, because the original picture was obviously depicting that, and people figured it out asap, and then they changed the picture. The reason they changed the picture was because the hint was way too obvious. Do you guys think this would be anything pacman related when the clue is that goddamn obvious lol. They'd remove that too.

Silly Scamco, just announce this and move on.

-Pyromaniac- said:
You know another reason why it's obviously Tales of Graces F, because the original picture was obviously depicting that, and people figured it out asap, and then they changed the picture. The reason they changed the picture was because the hint was way too obvious. Do you guys think this would be anything pacman related when the clue is that goddamn obvious lol. They'd remove that too.

Silly Scamco, just announce this and move on.

I don't know, wasn't the image that made everyone think we were getting Graces originally an F made out of Pac Mans? I'd like to think we're getting a new Tales game, but it's too easy to imagine everyone at Namco sitting around with troll faces.

rainking187 said:
I don't know, wasn't the image that made everyone think we were getting Graces originally an F made out of Pac Mans? I'd like to think we're getting a new Tales game, but it's too easy to imagine everyone at Namco sitting around with troll faces.

No, it was this:
m7s7b5.png

It's the Tales of Graces F logo, just slightly distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom