• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fates

DMPrince said:
it could be there to throw people off.

Probably

They mentioned yesterday this is going to go on for a few days. After yesterday's image, there was no doubt it was Tales of Graces F, if they continued the trend of simple unblurs today's would have even more apparent that it was that.

Now they're just playing mindgames...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JonStark said:
Bottom right there are the three pacman ghosts....
Was that there yesterday? They may be throwing us off the trail. Why would they change it so many times?

-Pyromaniac- said:
The videogame industry is so immature, just announce whatever you're announcing holyyy shittt.
I know man. They know the users are on the internet but come on. We aren't dogs here for scraps of bone. It so silly sometimes.

androvsky

DMPrince said:
it could be there to throw people off.

That's a given. Either the Tales logo was there to throw people off, or this is.

Or there's going to be DLC Pac-Man costumes in the U.S. release of Tales of Graces F, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

x244f29df.jpg

1z5kdgo.jpg

So... Pacman crap confirmed ?

/me cry

Seda

Jerk 2.0 said:
Nay.

A couple of the tales battle systems are great (Rebirth, Graces, Hearts, Destiny, Destiny 2).

Most are average (Phantasia, Abyss, Vesperia, Symphonia, Eternia, etc).

LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

fates

-Pyromaniac- said:
The videogame industry is so immature, just announce whatever you're announcing holyyy shittt.

Agreed. They probably do it with the intention on creating hype... but usually what ends up happening is creating mass disappointment from super-heightened expectations. I remember when Square Enix was teasing about 4 Heroes of Light, and some thought it was a FF7 remake or something, that sure turned out well.

But I dunno, the Tales fanbase... this is just cruel. Bandai Namco really shouldn't be toying with them like this considering they've been hosed for some time now. This is like pouring salt in the wound.

And if this really DOES turn out to be a Pacman game hyped at the Tales fans expense? Damn, Bandai Namco...

AshMcCool

You know, I would like to see Tales of Grace localized myself, but if they just messed with your heads, I got to applaud them.

RPGCrazied

AshMcCool said:
You know, I would like to see Tales of Grace localized myself, but if they just messed with your heads, I got to applaud them.

???

More like blacklist them. Oh wait, I already do.

fates

RPGCrazied said:
But wh...why, why that all that is holy would they have an image of the ToG F logo yesterday?

To try to sell you guys a Pacman game you otherwise wouldn't know about, probably. Though I have a feeling if they really pulled a stunt like that the Tales' fandom reaction wouldn't exactly be "lol lets buy pacman!!!".

Honestly though, I think they're just playing silly games. They want to stretch this out as much as possible.

Peff

Eh, I don't think it's that terrible. If the glyph hadn't been solved, now that could have been a pointless tease. The website was not altered for almost a full day before they caught on and started changing the image, which was clearly the logo for Tales of Graces F. So yeah, just forget about the rest and they'll announce whenever they planned to announce it in the first place.

If the Graces F logo upfront really was a red herring and this whole buildup is to some unrelated announcement, I will definitely never, ever stop laughing.

charlequin said:
If the Graces F logo upfront really was a red herring and this whole buildup is to some unrelated announcement, I will definitely never, ever stop laughing.

Thread title change to

Namco is likely trolling Tales fanbase ?

StuBurns

Banned
charlequin said:
Funny you say 'red herring', red was the file name of the puzzle image.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
charlequin said:
This will be far better than Doki Doki Suikoden.

BiggNife

If this ends up actually being Pac Man for Facebook or something I won't stop laughing

You guys get your hopes up way too easily

Azure J

This is like Sega pre-Sonic 4 levels of trolling genius at work here. At this point,no matter what happens I win. The prizes are either localized Graces or the most epic laughter I can muster at any moment. :lol

Shiggy

Sammy Samusu said:
Is there any collab between Tales of Graces and Pac-Man?

One gets too many releases in Western countries, the other doesn't get any. That's the connection between them.

They know everyone figured it out too soon and now they're doing this stupid pacman bullshit to throw people off. Expert trolling is Kojima. This is amateur damage control.

charlequin said:
I would be disappointed, but there is no way I would be unable to find the humor in this.

RPGCrazied

BiggNife said:
If this ends up actually being Pac Man for Facebook or something I won't stop laughing

You guys get your hopes up way too easily

You fail to realize what the logo was yesterday.

Gravijah said:
hey what's behind those asterisks

ARE YOU TEASING TALES OF GRACES F TOO???

Yeah my dad is namco'sboss he told me it's TALES OF TRILOGY for ps3 vesperia plus F plus xilia with jap voices. Real stuff.

Rahxephon91 said:
Well this thread's title also had the words "confirmed" in it yesterday as well. Everything right now is so up in the air.
Well, what's not up in the air was the first picture was vey obviously clearly tales of graces F. You could even see the word Tales. Then they took it away and changed the pic.

Peff

You people worry too much. The first clue was just "F", they didn't expect the glyph to be solved the first day at all. This is just some quick stupidity someone at their office came up with to stall the MISTERY! until the reveal day.

RPGCrazied

Peff said:
You people worry too much. The first clue was just "F", they didn't expect the glyph to be solved the first day at all. This is just some quick stupidity someone at their office came up with to stall the MISTERY! until the reveal day.

No. It was just F what he showed, but the fact still remains, that logo yesterday was ToG F. You'd have to be a complete utter moron to not see what it was.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ShockingAlberto said:
I would be disappointed, but there is no way I would be unable to find the humor in this.
Of course. But this dicking around with fans is for the birds. There are some very legitimate fans who want this to be a Tales related announcement. It's too bad that they have to go around and shift things like this. It makes me more mad than want to laugh and I'm not the resident Tales nut.

Synless

Pacman???? Fucking Pacman!?!?!? If this isn't a Tales game I swear to god I will never buy a Namco game that isn't Tales. Those ghosts had better just imply that it is a Namco game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom