• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DMPrince said:
sell your wii. buy ps3. beat tales of graces F. sell ps3 buy wii.
My god, best not to ever port bitch again if you are going say this. heh

Awesome news either way. Happy to see it be Graces too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
RPGCrazied said:
Wasn't the first Tales game on the PSX by them?
These fan labels really started last gen, Team Destiny made the 2D Tales games on PS2 and Graces. They have more veterans I think, but this is the first game we're getting from this team since they've gotten this label.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
faridmon said:
desperation does wonders mate.
I won't probably sell a system for a game but....
It's a single game, that will be there at the end of the generation either way(Both system and game cheaper). I've also said it many times prior, most can't even handle one system at a time let alone two. Why buy a 300$ paper weight if there is only this one game you want to play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Firestorm said:
john tv cannot comment on rumours or speculation!
I thought john tv was in denial that Namco decided to get a different localization company, but what do I know.

faridmon

shintoki said:
It's a single game, that will be there at the end of the generation either way(Both system and game cheaper). I've also said it many times prior, most can't even handle one system at a time let alone two. Why buy a 300$ paper weight if there is only this one game you want to play.
don't worry, its just a talking a talk and definetely not walking a walk.
I just hope they localise both so I can forget i even suggested that stupid idea in the 1st place.

If the logo is correct, it's definitely T o G f, as it has f in the logo..

Figures I just bought this game because I was sure it wasn't coming over here..

shintoki said:

Which is why localizing both would be ideal...both for fans and Namco. If both sell well together there's better chances for a Xillia localization too.

Unless you're a fanboy, there's really no reason why anyone should hope for anything else.

kiryogi

Banned
Drkirby said:
I thought john tv was in denial that Namco decided to get a different localization company, but what do I know.
Only thing that fuels me about not 8-4 is that it could be inhouse like Magna Carta 2 was.

RPGCrazied

jj984jj said:
These fan labels really started last gen, Team Destiny made the 2D Tales games on PS2 and Graces. They have more veterans I think, but this is the first game we're getting from this team since they've gotten this label.

Oh. Well the battle system is really different. I played the Japanese demo, and it seems really fast paced.

Wow this is actually legit?! Will this stop the localization bitching now?!?

I wonder if they'll port the PS3 extra stuff to the Wii version, which version are they picking up?? I hope it is both!

I still can't believe it, pics or it didn't happen!

radcliff

Maybe Nintendo has something to do with this. Aren't they re-releasing TOG in Japan as part of their Player's Choice line? Then again, if this is for Wii, why wouldn't they release this updated version in Japan at full price instead of the original at budget price? Just make the official announcement already!

I don't know, releasing a Wii version of the PS3 version of the Wii version in North America seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work.

Seems like a PS3 release, if anything.

Ydahs

distantmantra said:
I don't know, releasing a Wii version of the PS3 version of the Wii version in North America seems like a lot of unnecessary extra work.

I dunno, the game is already complete for the Wii and it probably won't take too long to port over some of the PS3's extra content since it's running on the same engine. The PS3 didn't receive any major graphical updates from what I'm aware of so that shouldn't be too hard or time consuming.

After that only the replacing of Japanese text with English text is all that's left. But I do have a feeling that it'll be a low-budget translation, so I guess it won't warrant the extra costs to bring both over, even though it means they'll sell more copies.

I have both a PS3 and a Wii and if both come out
in Australia
, I'll probably lean towards the Wii version simply because of the control scheme.

Ydahs said:
I dunno, the game is already complete for the Wii and it probably won't take too long to port over some of the PS3's extra content since it's running on the same engine. The PS3 didn't receive any major graphical updates from what I'm aware of so that shouldn't be too hard or time consuming.

After that only the replacing of Japanese text with English text is all that's left. But I do have a feeling that it'll be a low-budget translation, so I guess it won't warrant the extra costs to bring both over, even though it means they'll sell more copies.

I have both a PS3 and a Wii and if both come out
in Australia
, I'll probably lean towards the Wii version simply because of the control scheme.
you make it sound fast and easy.

Negator

I would appreciate it if we could not get the inferior version.

We've already gone though that with Tales of Vesperia. I'd rather it not happen again.

distantmantra said:

Depends on when they started it, really.

We know localization was at one point planned for the Wii version. Maybe it was basically done and the extra content puts a huge, localization-stopping axe to that. Maybe they started it well after and decided to make the PS3 version the only version.

Could be the plan to do one, then the other later. This isn't unheard of. Persona 3 Fes was announced before Persona 3 vanilla released in America. Atlus straight up said "We've done all this work, we're not going to go back and do more, deal with it." Then they just went ahead and released Fes for a budget price later, anyway.

Rpgmonkey

Bel Marduk said:
Which is why localizing both would be ideal...both for fans and Namco. If both sell well together there's better chances for a Xillia localization too.

Unless you're a fanboy, there's really no reason why anyone should hope for anything else.

To be fair, what's the point of PS3/Wii Graces, then trolling the Wii group with PS3 Xillia?

In regards to building a base and bringing in sales, not in terms of the amount of work done.

Ydahs

distantmantra said:
People keep talking about this. I have no clue what this means.

This is an opinion about the actual control scheme:
durrrrrrrrrr said:
the controls feel right using the Wii, sidestepping is done with direction+Z (block). in the PS3 version block is set to square, having to use two hands to do emergency maneuvers isn't too bad, but definitely a step down from the Wii version. mapping the R2 trigger to block feels off from pressing down the whole trigger.

i think the key difference is the positioning of the DS3's analog stick. Graces changes things by having UP move towards your enemy instead of TOWARD. this works great with the Nunchuk because your thumb is positioned directly over the analog. having to reach over to the analog on DS3, there's something about angling the thumb like that, the whole UP DOWN controls aren't as smooth.

primary and special attacks are mapped to A and B on the Wii, having fingers placed directly over the main attacking buttons eliminates the fraction of a second it takes to move your thumb from X to O. along with the easy one-handed dodge, i feel unstoppable when i play Graces on the Wii, while i was sluggish when playing the PS3 demo.

reading this over, it boils down to the Wiimote/Nunchuk completely destroying traditional pads when only 3 or 4 buttons are needed.

But I guess I worded my post wrongly. I don't necessarily think the PS3 version has a worse control scheme, I just believe it'll be more comfortable for me playing it on the Wii because of the Wiimote+Nunchuk being split and allowing me to relax easier. For me, it's basically just a personal preference.

Eteric Rice

Rpgmonkey said:
To be fair, what's the point of PS3/Wii Graces, then trolling the Wii group with PS3 Xillia?

In regards to building a base and bringing in sales, not in terms of the amount of work done.

Everybodys getting trolled with NB.

Tales of Vesperia goes from Xbox to PS3.
Tales of Graces goes from Wii to PS3.

I expect Tales of Xillia will probably do the same. Probably to one of the new handhelds.

TunaLover

ShockingAlberto said:
Depends on when they started it, really.

We know localization was at one point planned for the Wii version. Maybe it was basically done and the extra content puts a huge, localization-stopping axe to that. Maybe they started it well after and decided to make the PS3 version the only version.

Could be the plan to do one, then the other later. This isn't unheard of. Persona 3 Fes was announced before Persona 3 vanilla released in America. Atlus straight up said "We've done all this work, we're not going to go back and do more, deal with it." Then they just went ahead and released Fes for a budget price later, anyway.

Yeah, I remember ToG Wii was planned at some point, but Namco had no choice but halt the project due the stumbling state of Namco USA.

There´s a chance they just continue the project in some way, either they traslated everything to PS3, or added the extra content to Wii.

Now, we know that Sony somehow push developers to create exclusive content for their systems, so this "F" thing could mean that the US game still related somehow to that Sony deal.

Rpgmonkey said:

I don't see how that would be any different from giving the 360 ToV but nothing else.

Vanille

Sammy Samusu said:
I believe the Wii version had some data from the PS3 bonus content, the damn thing was already developed with "F" in mind.

You're thinking of Vesperia and the Patty fiasco.

I seriously doubt they'll do anything beyond what is needed for localization.

If it's the Wii version, that's all we will get. No PS3 port, no "F" content.

If it's the "F" PS3 port, that's all we will get. No Wii version, extra content or otherwise.

Rpgmonkey

Bel Marduk said:
I don't see how that would be any different from giving the 360 ToV but nothing else.

That was no better! lol

So basically you take that one-shot (that may not even have all the content of the PS3 version) then most likely get nothing else afterwords? Not saying they shouldn't do it, it'd just be a bit funny.

Rpgmonkey said:
That was no better! lol

So basically you take that one-shot (that may not even have all the content of the PS3 version) then most likely get nothing else afterwords? Not saying they shouldn't do it, it'd just be a bit funny.

I really don't think a lot of people would consider that a kick in the nuts. Who complained when Xillia was announced for the PS3? Not bringing a Wii version of ToG IMO would be. At least we'd get something good, doesn't have to be Xillia. ToG was originally for the Wii anyway.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
OMG if this is not the PS3 version or both I will rage. I want it in HD with all bonus content! I will take the Wii too but damn if it's not the worst of the two, sorry Wii fans :(

matmanx1

It's definitely the "F" logo, no doubt about that. The only question remaining is if it's a Wii version with the "F" content or if it's just the localized PS3 ToG F. Either way it seems like we're getting the "F" version, so that's a plus.

This is a very pleasant surprise. I know I shouldn't feel too appreciative since withholding Tales was pretty damn lazy and stupid but whatever. Hopefully this means the 3DS Abyss is also bound for America.

Canova

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
OMG if this is not the PS3 version or both I will rage. I want it in HD with all bonus content! I will take the Wii too but damn if it's not the worst of the two, sorry Wii fans :(

The chance of this not a PS3 is slim to none. The next question is, would Wii get it too?

FSLink

Banned
Ydahs said:
This is an opinion about the actual control scheme:

But I guess I worded my post wrongly. I don't necessarily think the PS3 version has a worse control scheme, I just believe it'll be more comfortable for me playing it on the Wii because of the Wiimote+Nunchuk being split and allowing me to relax easier. For me, it's basically just a personal preference.
Yeah, Wii Remote + Nunchuk works rather well and is really relaxing.

I haven't tried ToGf on PS3 nor the demo, but CCPro is also on the Wii, and works rather well too, but I still find myself going back to Wii Remote + Nunchuk for the comfort. Plus, it doesn't use any pointer nor waggle functionality iirc because the game doesn't need it.

and yeah, the whole having to move towards enemies instead of to the side like in previous Tales games works better for the Wiimote + Nunchuk combo.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kasumi1970 said:
I hope so because the game was made for the wii before there was a ps3 game.
I don't care what they bring over as long as one of them is the PS3 version. I will buy it for Wii as well to show support. That's how worked up this has me and I NEVER double dip. But this needs to be at least the PS3 version due to the enhancements and better visuals.

And I'm sorry but this thing regarding Wii controls being better is not so right. Both standard and Wiimote interfaces can be fine but we all played Tales on handhelds and consoles forever now, there is nothing better about Wiimote controls over something like Vesperia or Legandia. These games are not heavily dependant on motion like a more dedicated motion based game. RPG's in general work like they should on a pad. Just because you are used to the motion controls for these RPG's, it doesn't make them better control wise. And to not want the feature complete HD PS3 version due to that is criminal. Unless you have no PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom