• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, there are dozens of DLC costumes. $4 a costume ($5 a costume for each Geass one).

-Pyromaniac- said:
I read that the added content has 2/3rds the script of the whole entire game. Seems like a lot of story added.

I think that was BS when Namco said it. Main game is like 30-40 hours of story and this is 10 hours max.

duckroll

-Pyromaniac- said:
I read that the added content has 2/3rds the script of the whole entire game. Seems like a lot of story added.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. I think a lot of that is because all the cutscenes in the game are now fully voiced and they added more skits. So a lot of the expanded script (which refers specifically to the script books used for voice recording) is just stuff which were previously text-only in the Wii version.

RPGCrazied said:
New costumes? :) Oh god, I saw a .hack costume on asbel, is that in the game, or psn purchase only?

I bought that! It's awesome!!!! :lol

I think there were too much Tales games on PS2 which was a console with A LOT of RPGs. Those salesfigures are a combination of both I guess...

Namco should release Graces F on both Wii and PS3: more potential customers and localisation costs can be shared.

Also, don't release near XIII-2 and don't release two Tales games on the same console too soon after each other. We need a year in between.

MechaX said:
Edit: Actually... if it does come out on the PS3, couldn't Namco just pull a Yakuza?

If you mean "release a game with a butchered localization and lie to fans about the next game being dependent on its sales so they buy it anyway," well, they pretty much already did that with Legendia...

MechaX said:
They're looking for the perfect excuse to not have to release Xilia.

Honestly, if Namco really does bring over Graces in any form, it has to be because they are taking another chance on the series. If they want an excuse to not bring over Xillia, "we stopped localizing Tales games like two years ago" is a pretty good one. :p

duckroll said:
I don't think that's entirely accurate. I think a lot of that is because all the cutscenes in the game are now fully voiced and they added more skits. So a lot of the expanded script (which refers specifically to the script books used for voice recording) is just stuff which were previously text-only in the Wii version.
I knew it sounded like too much lol.

Wedge7

Oh shit, came into this thread late, but jesus, this looks like it may actually be coming over. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic, but fuck it, I'm actually way beyond that point. Who would have thought..

Only downside is if I get burned this time, its going to feel absolutely terrible.

Jerk

Banned
How gimped do y'all expect the game to be?

At the very least, I do not think that the skits will be voiced.

I would laugh if Namco announced Graces for Wii only, then Xillia for ps3 in a year. Gotta split that fanbase up as much as possible!

The logical thing would've been to release all three games on the same system. Maybe the one that already sold a shitton of copies of a certain other JRPG.

Firestorm

The Praiseworthy said:
WHAT!!

Abyss sold LESS than Legendia :O !?

No wonder they think we are not worthy for a Tales game :(

This is madness ;_;
ProTip: Do not release your PS2 RPG a week before Final Fantasy XII and one month before the PlayStation 3 and Wii launch.

duckroll said:

Which will very likely, judging by past US releases, remain text only when it comes here.

I would be fine w/ no English voice-over at all. Release it with the JP voices to minimize costs. Tales fans sure as hell wouldn't care.

MechaX

charlequin said:
If you mean "release a game with a butchered localization and lie to fans about the next game being dependent on its sales so they buy it anyway," well, they pretty much already did that with Legendia...

Non-withstanding the second part, the actual localization in Yakuza 3 was bad? Because I have no problem with subbing, but when it starts to get to the point of Muramasa's example of a localization... well...

charlequin said:
Honestly, if Namco really does bring over Graces in any form, it has to be because they are taking another chance on the series. If they want an excuse to not bring over Xillia, "we stopped localizing Tales games like two years ago" is a pretty good one. :p

But this is the complete fool proof way to absolutely inflict utter despair on the western Tales franchises once and for all. They could say "where were you guys when Abyss came out?" and the response is "same day as FFXII dude." Then they say "Well, we gave you Tales of the World!" and they say "lol PSP software anywhere outside of Japan." Then Namco responds with "well mother-fucker, what about Dawn of the New World?". The ever vigilant fan-base responds "meh, spin-off. At least mask the spin-off as something that has a high budget, like FFX-2!" A frustrated Namco responds with "well what about Vesperia?! You guys have no damn excuse for that one! We gave you your goddamn voiced skits and everything!" The fanbase responds with puppy dog eyes "come on.. that was just a fluke. Besides, XBox 360 is ShooterBox360 and by the time everybody got adjusted, you announced a PS3 version like a month or two later! This time everything will work out!"

MechaX

"Hey guys, since you solved the puzzle, we're going to reveal... TALES OF VS. WITH RICHARD FROM TALES OF GRACES F ADDED IN!"

The Judge

Day 1 of a tale of two richards?

For those of us that haven't played the game, is there any significance for Two Richards?
Or can I start hoping we're getting both Wii and PS3 versions?

Peff said:
"This week's"?

Hm.

Great news, anyway, hopefully it won't take too long.

Seeing as how they blurred the image even more. I can imagine Namco slowly lifting the blur day by day until they're ready to announce the game's release. Just making us wait even longer for the platform announcement.

Peff

MechaX said:
"Hey guys, since you solved the puzzle, we're going to reveal... TALES OF VS. WITH RICHARD FROM TALES OF GRACES F ADDED IN!"

Coming whatever day the PSP2 is released on!

XPE

faridmon said:
The Wii version or the PS3 port?
or both?

Both I would think if you go to all the trouble of translating the PS3 game , the wii version would be easy money

jeremy1456

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Wonder if Namco-Bandai is seeing how much Graces will sell and then maybe they'll release Xilia?

Than like others previously said, let's all buy 5 copies each!

They have never operated like that, and probably, never will.

I used to be like you and think that if a game sells well they will release/port the next one here, but this is Namco.

If they release Graces here it will have NOTHING to do with Xilia.

I just want to know for now WHEN they're pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

Maybe at the end of the week? Hopefully. Most of these are usually a week long are they not?

Vanille

Hero of Legend said:

Maybe at the end of the week? Hopefully. Most of these are usually a week long are they not?

I can't imagine they'd be able to keep it going any longer. It's blatantly obvious what it is.

Rpgmonkey

Hero of Legend said:

If there's a puzzle next week I assume they're going to get this out of the way soon.

Mockingbird said:
Which will very likely, judging by past US releases, remain text only when it comes here.

I would be fine w/ no English voice-over at all. Release it with the JP voices to minimize costs. Tales fans sure as hell wouldn't care.
Namco has stated before they don't want to do this, because it sets a bad precedent for Tales games they do want to put effort in to.

They would rather Tales X sells 200k on the backs of people thinking it is a high budget localization than sell Tales X and Y for 100k each on the backs of people who only care about the translation text.

The former looks better on the books than the latter.

TEJ

DAY ONE DAY ONE.

wait, the thread title says that it was confirmed......why aren't more people happy?

Shiggy

So this is pretty much confirmed now?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...graces_wii_ps3_will_be_released.html?cat=19As

The localized Wii version, which has been in development for some months, is likely to release in the first half of 2011. The game is set to have all the glitches from the Japanese versions fixed and a slew of new content- most, if not all of the PS3 bonus content. The MSRP is said to be $40, though this is tentative, and a pre-order bonus is in the works. An online arena co-op mode is being toyed with, though may not make it into the final version. Similar to the Samurai Warriors 3 and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom localization, they believe the western audience would appreciate some sort of online mode. Namco intends to use the game as a gauge to determine consumer interest in future US releases for the Tales series.

I really hope it's ToGF for PS3. If it's a Wii version, I can see them only releasing it in the US and leaving Europe... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom