• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Raxious

There might be an error in the end of the movie.

When they show the NaruHina family photo, Naruto doesn't have his arm bandages and his arm looks normal.

It's seen on both the
NaruHina family photo, but also when he's standing in the door opening and his kids are running at him.

Another thing I noticed, Naruto isn't Hokage yet at the end, so I'm curious how much time there is between that final scene and chapter 700.

Turok_TTZ

FF7 don't even stack against other games of the FF series.

was FF7 yer first rpg for some of ye or what?
I find the "troll" very amusing.

Erigu

Naruto isn't Hokage yet at the end, so I'm curious how much time there is between that final scene and chapter 700.
Kishimoto supposedly said episode 700 was set 13 years after the movie (so 15 years after episode 699? or
just 13 years after the marriage
?).

FF7 don't even stack against other games of the FF series.

was FF7 yer first rpg for some of ye or what?
I find the "troll" very amusing.

FF7 is the greatest FF. I will never forget that adventure.

woah there was a commercial degrading Sakura? Kishi, that's enough mate.

we get it. you never liked sakura. she wasnt ur design, we get it!

his agenda against sakura are becoming of legendary proportions.

Okay I really liek Sakura and even I can see this is a joke. They did a short in the anime like this as well were Sakura complains on why she doesn't get her own ending......jeez you guys take everything so seriously its funny.

There is absolutely nothing in there resembling criticism. Its basically "OMG they made Sakura say she doesn't like not being the heroine! Despite the exact same joke being made millions of times in the after credits sketches!"

Or "what was the point of the cpr, the parallulz, the promise to his mother?"

"Where is Sasuke? He's been so important in all the other movies!"

"Kishi only felt Sorry for Hinata"

Its all rustled jimmies, Id like to see criticism about the plot, the pacing, the animation, the music, the villain. Actual criticism about the product.

Right, from all accounts the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Lack of Sasuke is basically misleading advertising, him being advertised like a main character and then getting less screen time than Shikamaru.

Kishi aint got shit on the troll masters at Square, round of applause for that FF7 troll.

I have never been trolled so hard......I don't even want to remember :/

Turok_TTZ

yup something like Goku and Chichi

Toriko also pulled this shit too (which is fine since both are battle series)

and peeps have yet to tell me whats wrong with goku and chi chi to top it all off.
Don't tell me the same crazed shippers shipped him with bulma. that would be disgusting

FF7 is the greatest FF. I will never forget that adventure.
Your standards must be very low indeed if FF7 is your best FF. Then again, I'm not really a fan of FF myself. only one I really liked was FF4. I've played most of the games but maybe it's just me. I did not enjoy any FF except 4,6,8.

Okay I really liek Sakura and even I can see this is a joke. They did a short in the anime like this as well were Sakura complains on why she doesn't get her own ending......jeez you guys take everything so seriously its funny.
understand the context. if not for the recent burials, i would have the same train of thought.

A joke about that 2 page bonus chapter

tumblr_ng6in1LqqP1qk5wfdo1_500.png

plus after knowing that in the beginning of the movie Naruto
asks Hinata to come over and eat ramen with him
makes it even more lol worthy

and peeps have yet to tell me whats wrong with goku and chi chi to top it all off.
Don't tell me the same crazed shippers shipped him with bulma. that would be disgusting

Your standards must be very low indeed if FF7 is your best FF. Then again, I'm not really a fan of FF myself. only one I really liked was FF4. I've played most of the games but maybe it's just me. I did not enjoy any FF except 4,6,8.

understand the context. if not for the recent burials, i would have the same train of thought.

Nah FF7 is the GOAT.

Recent burials?

I feel like this is relevant:

ebzxfq.gif

reminded me of that Sasuke vs Oro fight when he swings on the tree. Grappling hooks in video games never felt that visceral and I've always wanted something like that and now I have it xD

Fj0823

If the stupid shiping crap had been so prevalent by the time of DBZ you can bet your ass that GoBulma would been the NS of that generation, grown up Goku wouldve make them go wild with "Its not disgusting now guys! Toriyama made him grow up so they can hook up!", fan art here, its totally implied there...

And then, at the last moment, ChiChi gets her man. The salt wouldve been even more glorious, and the exact same arguments against NH would be there.

If the stupid shiping crap had been so prevalent by the time of DBZ you can bet your ass that GoBulma would been the NS of that generation, grown up Goku wouldve make them go wild with "Its not disgusting now guys! Toriyama made him grow up so they can hook up!", fan art here, its totally implied there...

And then, at the last moment, ChiChi gets her man. The salt wouldve been even more glorious, and the exact same arguments against NH would be there.

Not even close.

Considering how no one, genuinely cared about pairings in DBZ.

It would just be considered bad writing like it is now.

MikeMyers

Bulma was already with Yamcha in DB, so I don't think anyone shipped Goku with her. Plus it was already established in the first arc that he'd marry Chichi, even if it was a gag.

I am guessing since we were all young we really didn't give a shit on who Goku ended up with

but imagine if DB and something like InuYasha debuted at the time of Naruto

hoooooo boy the ship wars

Dragonball never pretended to give a shit about any romance, no shipping wars would have occured just like there's none for One Piece.

Inuyasha would have been a disaster however.

MikeMyers

What about if Kimagure Orange Road came out the same time as well? Shonen Jump series with lots of focus on its love triangle.

Turok_TTZ

I'm genuinely impressed with how Oda handles one piece upto this point. no shipping wars to be had as he gives no such opportunity. Well, I regard Oda a better mangaka than Kishi anyways. I can't really think about a single bad moment in one piece...

Kubo legit sucks. Ichigo is worse than Goku.

No matter... Naruto will always have it's place in history. Awesome fights, Author trolling one particular fandom, and Naruto went through much development to finally accomplish his dream of being hokage. had some bad moments but overall twas a fantastic journey.

Can't wait for the bolt movie and mini series. hopefully no more trolling from kishi on the next project. (Nah who am I kidding?)

Kubo legit sucks. Ichigo is worse than Goku.

By what metric? The only legit complaint about Ichigo is that he has way too many powers.

Personality wise, he's in the upper tier of Shounen MCs as he's not treated as Jesus incarnate.

Welfare

By what metric? The only legit complaint about Ichigo is that he has way too many powers.

Personality wise, he's in the upper tier of Shounen MCs as he's not treated as Jesus incarnate.
How does Ichigo have too many powers? If you mean his Hollow forms, that's pretty much done with.

lol too many powers

he spams the same slash technique over and over again... in different colours and sizes

plus this guy is always the saviour in every arc (it plays the same old scenario)

Ichigo loses.... runs away (trains).... while training the other cast get massacred by the enemy.... there are some with cool techniques who hold it together a little bit but then BAM the big BAD GUY takes them down.... then Ichigo the saviour of us all appears and is high over heels stronger then everything else even though he still uses the same old bloody Getsuga and bam destroys the guy

sure he changes outfits but the powers are basically the same

Even though the guy is basically a breed of every living thing on earth he is still generic compared to other people and their movesets like Renji and his recent Bankai

I loved Bleach to death in the early days (the captain cloaks were so cool)

but sadly Ichigo started ruining it for me.... he was cool before but he started following the same patterns over and over again while everyone else got shitted on

this recent arc had its drawbacks due to extended fodder battles but it did showcase some awesome progression for some neglected characters and their powers..... the current fight happening is interesting as well but sadly once Ichigo arrives it may go down the drain

Is the Naruto anime really doing fillers even though the manga is over?

this Hanabi special was to coincide with the movie

I doubt they'll add anymore unless it is a post war filler episodes where they extend/explain what everyone does after being freed

they are likely going to extend the Sasuke vs Naruto fight.... maybe extend the post war funeral too

I doubt they'll add anymore unless it is a post war filler episodes where they extend/explain what everyone does after being freed

they are likely going to extend the Sasuke vs Naruto fight.... maybe extend the post war funeral too
Oh, okay.
That makes sense.

Frog-fu

Banned
Junko Takeuchi interview
Code:
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/78db755bd6920659ac4b9a657bbe1900/tumblr_inline_ng6qgvMNGp1qjcbrq.jpg[/IMG]
Q1: When you were reading the script, what was the first thing you thought about?

Junko Takeuchi: [saying some philosophical stuff] “The start is the end, and the end is the start”. It was a story that I feel like there is a lot of hope for the future. To carry a piece of work like this is made me feel really proud and happy. Another thing I thought about was [Mr] Jiraiya’s biography novel “Do Konjo Ninden”. Even if Mr. Jiraiya is not here, and the time changes, I started to feel that the feelings were passed down and inherited.

Q2: How was the love story of Hinata(with Naruto I’m presuming)?

Junko Takeuchi: Until now, I didn’t feel any aura of love or any indication like that between them. I just felt like if it was actually like that then I would be happy to have it. A movie in this fashion, it was like “ta-da!!”. Suddenly revealing it(their love and the movie) to me made me really surprised!

Q3: The scene where Naruto confessed his feelings to Hinata, in my opinion, is a really important point to see.

Junko Takeuchi: About that, in the movie, I think that the most important thing to me is the part where Naruto is growing up. However when I was casted[during casting], it felt like an older female relative peeking at a “nephew’s” first confession

By the provider's own admission, their translation may be a bit off.

EhoaVash

oh man just read full spoilers for the movie

I need this movie in my VEINS NOW q.q

so much cuuuute naruhina moments <3<3

btw in the post wedding picture why does naruto and hinata look ..sooo FAT ? and naruto looks shorter too .

Erigu

They're still adding tons of padding though (such as pointless flashbacks).

Wouldn't be surprised if the TV series just kept going (perhaps under a new title).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am guessing since we were all young we really didn't give a shit on who Goku ended up with

but imagine if DB and something like InuYasha debuted at the time of Naruto

hoooooo boy the ship wars

Inuyasha wouldn't have had ship wars because all the ships were decided on very early on. Ship wars only ever take place in series where the pairings aren't explicitly stated for a reason.

Inuyasha wouldn't have had ship wars because all the ships were decided on very early on. Ship wars only ever take place in series where the pairings aren't explicitly stated for a reason.

Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender?

The creators were about as subtle as a sledgehammer with the final pair in the first episode.

Yet, it caused a massive shipping war, comparable to HP and Naruto.

Inuyasha and Kagome was dragged out until the very end, if Inuyasha was popular and ongoing today Kikyo and Kagome would easily have similar vitriol to Sakura and Hinata.

something being "obvious" has never stopped ships, they pretty much aren't logical by nature.

MikeMyers

Inuyasha and Kagome was dragged out until the very end, if Inuyasha was popular and ongoing today Kikyo and Kagome would easily have similar vitriol to Sakura and Hinata.

something being "obvious" has never stopped ships, they pretty much aren't logical by nature.

There was definitely beef between Kagome and Kikyo shippers.

Kagura x Sesshomaru shippers who raged when
Takahashi decided to kill off Kagura instead of canonizing it

Miroku and Sango didn't cause any problems among fans, since there was no competition.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ANN: The Last earns 1.47 Billion Yen in Half a Day:

Japanese film distributor TOHO reported that The Last -Naruto the Movie- has earned 1.47 billion yen (about US$12.1 million) &#8212; as of 3:00 p.m. on its first day. Its box office receipts are outpacing those of the July 2012 film Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie by 175%. According to the Nikkan Sports newspaper, The Last -Naruto the Movie- (the 10th feature film in the franchise) is poised to eventually top 2 billion yen (about US$16 million), a record for the franchise.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bolt is getting his own movie... does that mean the mini-series will be about Naruto instead?

Sharpeye

Jeez just read that that tumblr post with all those "fans" calling Naruto a scumbag and Hinata a pig and so on. This movie sure is bringing out the salt works.

Glad to hear it is a success though, seems it's getting a positive reaction overall. I wonder if this will influence the later movies to focus more on key characters rather than a group of them.

Fj0823

Hinata is definately going to become a key player in the post war arcs other candidates are Sai, Ino, Konohamaru and Shikamaru,assuming the filler take place after the movie too.

If not, Then the filler must focus on Sasuke's findings and him needing to team up with the rest of team 7 because some reasons. And set the basis for his future relationship.

I know theres technology in the Naruto world but it just feels so weird to see digital cameras.

That house that Naruto and his family live in looks baller as hell. Hyuuga mansion?

Turok_TTZ

two reasons why I don't want Sakura anywhere near Naruto as far as pairings go.

She really was unlikable in the beginning. she only reaffirmed her shitty self with that fake confession.

I am thankful Hinata is nothing like Sakura and even more thankful that kishi made it so that she was one of the very few to not ever diss the guy.

brinstar

Bulma was already with Yamcha in DB, so I don't think anyone shipped Goku with her. Plus it was already established in the first arc that he'd marry Chichi, even if it was a gag.

There's a few panels in DB where Bulma wonders if she should've got with Goku after he got older looking.

If Dragon Ball came out now, I could see people thinking her getting with Vegeta was a slap in the face to Yamcha lol (it... kind of was... poor guy...)

EDIT: actually iirc Yamcha cheated on Bulma a few times, so maybe he deserved it

MikeMyers

There's a few panels in DB where Bulma wonders if she should've got with Goku after he got older looking.
At the last tournament, yeah.

actually iirc Yamcha cheated on Bulma a few times, so maybe he deserved it

This was a retcon because AT needed to find a mother for Trunks. If you ever saw DB you'd notice Bulma was the one with a tendency to try to cheat, like with General Blue in the RRA arc.

Top Bottom