• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any series that has plot that makes less sense than Naruto's beginning? Late Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

because they both loved and were very close to the 4th and like any normal human being some part of those feelings would extend to the son he left behind after his tragic and sudden death? because Jiraiya was made his goddamn godfather?

That's not the "world revolving around Naruto" this is 2 people and normal human empathetic actions. You act like I want them to personally raise the kid like if he was their own, no, the problem is they don't even acknowledge his existence.

Both JIraiya and Kakashi ha stuff to do on their own, Sarutobi was the one looking out for him, also remember this is as story where 6 Year olds are expected to be ready to assassinate if the missions requires to, even if it was someone that was your friend before.

The Manga made emphasis to show that the Ninja world they lived in had little room for feeling and was shown that they were only tools for the missions on their respective countries, While Konoha was shown as the more friendly and less violent village out of the 5 Major villages, they were still a bunch of killers that kept that cycle of war by teaching their kids to be killing machines. not to mention more than anything else Naruto was basically Konohas WMD, and just like the other villages, he was seen as a weapon by the village leaders.

This is a series were the leaders of the village sent out a 13 year old to kill of his entire race including his Mother and Father and his sibling.

There was this fan fiction where Itachi just cut off everyone's right arms instead of killing them and it made a lot more sense.

Cutting out their eyes would have worked too.

Ichigo's origin isn't that complicated. The very moment it was revealed that his father was a Shinigami captain should have raised logical questions about how did he ended up marrying a "mere" human rather than a fellow Shinigami in SS.

From a purely narrative construction, it's foreshadowed fairly well: why can Ichigo and his sister see ghosts? Why was their mother targeted by a Hollow? Etc.

That said, due to poor pacing (blame the format, I guess) it still ended up feeling like a serious ass-pull.

It's just a ton of incredibly irresponsible adults. Makes perfect sense to me.

. Yeah the Third let people think what they wanted. They were more afraid of Naruto's tailed beast than Naruto himself so they avoided him, which made Naruto become more of attention seeker. The animosity was misguided tho - the 3rd should have done something about that I guess.

At the same time, the kids adopted some of that animosity so the kids tried avoiding him too, but it was mostly the adults.

Kakashi was shown to become very dark and sulk for years isolaying himself from everyone after his team died.

Jiraya was following his lifelong friend around the world and watching dangerous groups.

Both of these reasons are apt enough to explain why they werent breaking their neck to be around Naruto. Orphans get ignored for far less noble reasons everyday in real life, im not sure why we are trying to view this as significant.

these are poor excuses man, Kakashi changed from acting like the cold hearted ninja after Obito's death, he was a loner, he was solemn, but he reconnected with his feelings and lived by Obito's words, he even gained another best friend in Guy.

Jiraiya had 12 years, can write a damn letter and he's Naruto's godfather, he most of all has no excuses. Stop with this hyperbole of "breaking their neck" they had 12 years, they can do something.

Why are you bring up hypothetical real world orphans, I'm talking about this specific circumstance where Naruto actually DID have people who could've and should've been in his life him but weren't because Kishi sucks.

Both JIraiya and Kakashi ha stuff to do on their own, Sarutobi was the one looking out for him, also remember this is as story where 6 Year olds are expected to be ready to assassinate if the missions requires to, even if it was someone that was your friend before.

The Manga made emphasis to show that the Ninja world they lived in had little room for feeling and was shown that they were only tools for the missions on their respective countries, While Konoha was shown as the more friendly and less violent village out of the 5 Major villages, they were still a bunch of killers that kept that cycle of war by teaching their kids to be killing machines. not to mention more than anything else Naruto was basically Konohas WMD, and just like the other villages, he was seen as a weapon by the village leaders.

This is a series were the leaders of the village sent out a 13 year old to kill of his entire race including his Mother and Father and his sibling.

are people just ignoring my point that they can write, that they can make clones, and the fact they ARE NOT going to be "busy" 24/7 for 12 years straight.

Talking about how the village raises child soldiers doesn't mean shit because I'm only talking about 2 people who already had a close personal connection with the guy's dad and exhibit real emotions, they weren't cold hard ninjas like others may be, one of them is already Naruto's godfather and the other lives by a motto that your friends are more important than the mission.

I'm not talking about "the leaders" or rest of the world's culture just those 2 people whose characters are written in a way that ends up making their actions during Naruto's childhood make no sense.

Naruto's Father: I want my son treated as a hero.

*Dies*

The 3rd Hokage: lol na

That has absolutely nothing to do with the third hokage.
People were terrified of Naruto because of the nine tailed Fox. There was absolutely nothing that would stop that from happening. Even at the very beginning people thought of Naruto as a monster. The fourth hokage hoped people would see him as a hero, but that was never going to happen. People only see a beast.

PSqueak

Banned
I know the thread is being about naruto mostly, but if you think about it, Termiantor's plot makes even less sense, to answer the question in the title.

Don't adults treat him like shit, and thus tell their kids to avoid him, because they ALL know he has a fucking demon that nearly destroyed the village inside him?

That overrides being a dead homages son I think.

And the 3rd never treated him poorly

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hiruzen is busy being homage. He can't raise Naruto. Iruka tries but he also has a job. Kakashi isn't introduced until later and he is a good mentor. And jiraiya is off doing ninja recon stuff

Don't adults treat him like shit, and thus tell their kids to avoid him, because they ALL know he has a fucking demon that nearly destroyed the village inside him?

That overrides being a dead homages son I think.

And the 3rd never treated him poorly

I'm loving this homage thing.

Also who the fuck did orphan Sasuke live with?

Sasuke lived by himself in the house where his brother killed his parents, in the section of town his entire clan used to live in. Alone.

Because Konoha knows nothing of child services.

Most of the other villages show that's why you would want the Tailed Beast host on your side. That Naruto didn't turn out like original Gaara, Tobi, or Pain is mostly luck.

Caja 117

are people just ignoring my point that they can write, that they can make clones, and the fact they ARE NOT going to be "busy" 24/7 for 12 years straight.

Talking about how the village raises child soldiers doesn't mean shit because I'm only talking about 2 people who already had a close personal connection with the guy's dad and exhibit real emotions, they weren't cold hard ninjas like others may be, one of them is already Naruto's godfather and the other lives by a motto that your friends are more important than the mission.

I'm not talking about "the leaders" or rest of the world's culture just those 2 people whose characters are written in a way that ends up making their actions during Naruto's childhood make no sense.

They are not going to waste that big amount on Chakra just to go and see Naruto, Only Naruto could pull Kage Bushin at ease because of his practically unlimited supply of chakra.

And yes they were for the most part cold Ninjas, which put the Mission first, Friends above mission didnt meant Drop your mission to go and hug some kid Ninja at home, it meant sacrifice the mission for the sake of your Team, and Naruto became since start someone that started this Change in ninjas to go beyond just this, and Actually understanding feelings, that was the whole point of his interaction with Haku and what became a theme trough the whole Manga.

While Jiraiya and Kakashi were close to Naruto, Kakashi didnt had any sort of duty to babysit Naruto, not while he was probably Konohas strongest Jounin so he was were he was needed, while Jiraiya was being Jiraiya, these people dont have that level of empathy, Asuma was the son of Sarutobi, and His interaction with Jiraiya is basically non existent.

Sasuke lived by himself in the house where his brother killed his parents, in the section of town his entire clan used to live in. Alone.

Because Konoha knows nothing of child services..

Precisely this is a point to think is that kids living by their own was something that wasnt unique to Naruto.

He really made shit as he went on. I'm pretty sure it wasn't planned that he was the son of the 4th.

And didn't the third actually give naruto a home and everything?
Oh it absolutely was. From episode 1 I saw the 4th hokage's sculpture and knew he was Naruto's dad. It was obvious

Thank God for iruka. Honestly, iruka gets sidelined so hard after the first few eepisodes, but when I go back to those first few episodes I realize how amazing iruka was for Naruto's development. Dude was an.amazing character that should've had more spotlight

Caja 117

Oh it absolutely was. From episode 1 I saw the 4th hokage's sculpture and knew he was Naruto's dad. It was obvious

Itachi refers to Naruto as "Yondaime legacy" in chapter 72 or 73, so There were hints you might say about this. Personally I never liked this because of how obvious it was.

rambis

Banned
these are poor excuses man, Kakashi changed from acting like the cold hearted ninja after Obito's death, he was a loner, he was solemn, but he reconnected with his feelings and lived by Obito's words, he even gained another best friend in Guy.

Jiraiya had 12 years, can write a damn letter and he's Naruto's godfather, he most of all has no excuses. Stop with this hyperbole of "breaking their neck" they had 12 years, they can do something.

Why are you bring up hypothetical real world orphans, I'm talking about this specific circumstance where Naruto actually DID have people who could've and should've been in his life him but weren't because Kishi sucks.

You still seem to be mistaken in thinking they need to make excuses. Youre also mistaken about Kakashi. His depression got bad after Obito died and even worse after Minato died. He's known Guy since the academy.

Again theres no personal responsibity on anybody to see and care for naruto. Orphans are left alone all the time, its not something that needs alot of explaination and justification.

Yeah it was definitely foreshadowed in the first chapter.

The fourth Hokage is somehow celebrated as a great hero who saved the village years after his death. But somehow everyone simultaneously treats his son like shit and never tells him about his family.

Yeah he has a demon inside him but someone had to have it.

Not to mention it isn't like he's banished from the village. Dude still goes to class and has an apartment somehow.

Yeah it's fucking stupid. The again look at the ending.

Caja 117

The fourth Hokage is somehow celebrated as a great hero who saved the village years after his death. But somehow everyone simultaneously treats his son like shit and never tells him about his family.

Yeah he has a demon inside him but someone had to have it.

Not to mention it isn't like he's banished from the village. Dude still goes to class and has an apartment somehow.

Yeah it's fucking stupid. The again look at the ending.

The average person in Konoha didnt knew he was Yondaime son, the ones who did knew didnt treat him like Shit.

Naruto being raised by a village always felt implied to me. I never really saw him as some street urchin just scrounging to get by in the world.

As far as not being known as the 4th's son was probably more along the lines to give him as normal as life as possible given the circumstances.You kind of see it in how Konohamaru is treated differently. He's coddled and pampered for his "royal" bloodline. Maybe they didn't want to treat the demon fox like that and less the jinchuriki. Make the demon feel worshiped.

There was a social stigma to all jinchuriki not just Naruto. Generations were taught this is the way you treat the host who's taken on the burden. There's probably some mythological story that parallels this primitive thought process.

They are not going to waste that big amount on Chakra just to go and see Naruto, Only Naruto could pull Kage Bushin at ease because of his practically unlimited supply of chakra.

And yes they were for the most part cold Ninjas, which put the Mission first, Friends above mission didnt meant Drop your mission to go and hug some kid Ninja at home, it meant sacrifice the mission for the sake of your Team, and Naruto became since start someone that started this Change in ninjas to go beyond just this, and Actually understanding feelings, that was the whole point of his interaction with Haku and what became a theme trough the whole Manga.

While Jiraiya and Kakashi were close to Naruto, Kakashi didnt had any sort of duty to babysit Naruto, not while he was probably Konohas strongest Jounin so he was were he was needed, while Jiraiya was being Jiraiya, these people dont have that level of empathy, Asuma was the son of Sarutobi, and His interaction with Jiraiya is basically non existent.

oh lord, im not just talking about clones, it's an option if they really wanted to do it, these people can also write. You're still ignoring that they will not be perpetually busy for 12 years straight, stop dancing around it, they don't need to "drop their mission to hug a kid".

You must be seeing some other kind of Jiraiya cause the dude was Naruto before Naruto, he and Kakashi post Obito were absolutely not cold hard ass ninjas, they were specifcally portrayed as having different values from the "typical ninja"(Jiraiya stayed around in a war torn country for 3 years to look after 3 orphans to make sure they could look after themselves) and their relationship with Minato is what matter most of all in this circumstance even if they were cold ass ninja in other respects, they already had that empathy built in. And once again let's repeat that Jiraiya is the kid's godfather.

You say Kakashi doesn't have a "duty" no shit he doesn't have a "duty", what he has is a clear emotional reason to checkup on the kid of his beloved dead mentor who also happens to be carrying a malevolent nuke inside him, even if it's just to show up once and say "what's up kid", why is he acting like Naruto doesn't exist? it's stupid writing. No need to hug and baby and raise Naruto, give the kid a bro fist and say you're looking out for him, send him a toy in the mail, they couldn't do even the smallest gestures possible and that is ridiculous when looking at their overall characters and their past with Minato.

When Jiraiya came back to the village the guy had time to go spy on women but not check in on Naruto? He ended up meeting Naruto by complete chance, come on now. Let's not forget Jiraiya was tasked with keeping the seal for the nine tails, he literally had a real responsibility to check up on the kid.

Asuma did not grow up an orphan hated by the village, Jiraiya is not his godfather, and we don't even know if they had a relationship or not since there's no screentime about Asuma's past or personal life.

Kishi does this same kind of dumb shit with Sasuke and Sarada, they even have PHONES now and Sasuke couldn't call his daughter who grows up to resent him, and we know he can contact the village since he sends reports to Naruto, it's all stupid drama that has no reason to exist.

The worst thing about naruto, though, is how in the beginning they sell the character as the underdog good for nothing kid that had a bit of talent and a lot of effort, to be the fucking reincarnation of some ancient figures and the ninja messiah after all.

Erigu

Because Konoha knows nothing of child services.
One of the things I find particularly funny about the series is how, in one of his last backstories/flashbacks, the author seriously tries to sell the idea that the village was founded for the sake of those poor, poor children, and it's a dream come true, an unquestioned success!
"Before, kids were getting killed on the field! Horrible!
Now, they get to go to school. Where they learn to become soldiers. And then they go risk their lives on their first missions at age 12 or so. All better!"

The worst thing about naruto, though, is how in the beginning they sell the character as the underdog good for nothing kid that had a bit of talent and a lot of effort, to be the fucking reincarnation of some ancient figures and the ninja messiah after all.

"He has to try harder than everyone else because he's just no good at ninjutsu!" sure did become, "He has all the best super powers no one else they can get because of innate advantages!" in a hurry.

It looks even more stupid when they they reveal that Naruto's mom was the previous holder of the nine tales; somehow she was able to live her life with her secret know to a few where as Naruto who was just born when he was the host was revealed to everyone but yet the reason why was somehow lost,

oh lord, im not just talking about clones, it's an option if they really wanted to do it, these people can also write. You're still ignoring that they will not be perpetually busy for 12 years straight, stop dancing around it, they don't need to "drop their mission to hug a kid".

You must be seeing some other kind of Jiraiya cause the dude was Naruto before Naruto, he and Kakashi post Obito were absolutely not cold hard ass ninjas, they were specifcally portrayed as having different values from the "typical ninja"(Jiraiya stayed around in a war torn country for 3 years to look after 3 orphans to make sure they could look after themselves) and their relationship with Minato is what matter most of all in this circumstance even if they were cold ass ninja in other respects, they already had that empathy built in. And once again let's repeat that Jiraiya is the kid's godfather.

You say Kakashi doesn't have a "duty" no shit he doesn't have a "duty", what he has is a clear emotional reason to checkup on the kid of his beloved dead mentor who also happens to be carrying a malevolent nuke inside him, even if it's just to show up once and say "what's up kid", why is he acting like Naruto doesn't exist? it's stupid writing. No need to hug and baby and raise Naruto, give the kid a bro fist and say you're looking out for him, send him a toy in the mail, they couldn't do even the smallest gestures possible and that is ridiculous when looking at their overall characters and their past with Minato.

When Jiraiya came back to the village the guy had time to go spy on women but not check in on Naruto? He ended up meeting Naruto by complete chance, come on now. Let's not forget Jiraiya was tasked with keeping the seal for the nine tails, he literally had a real responsibility to check up on the kid.

Asuma did not grow up an orphan hated by the village, Jiraiya is not his godfather, and we don't even know if they had a relationship or not since there's no screentime about Asuma's past or personal life.

Kishi does this same kind of dumb shit with Sasuke and Sarada, they even have PHONES now and Sasuke couldn't call his daughter who grows up to resent him, and we know he can contact the village since he sends reports to Naruto, it's all stupid drama that has no reason to exist.

The Naruto stuff you can at least kind of excuse as Kishi not knowing just how bad the power creep was gonna make all this shit look.

But yeah the Sasuke and Sarada stuff? There is NO REASON for that, none. Absolutely none. It's just there to be drama for the sake of drama and a plot excuse to get them out of the village.

Even before they revealed the messiah thing, the fact that Naruto had fox chakra is the reason why I rarely enjoyed watching Nartuo himself fight. There's no tension when Naruto gets back up with a inner speech because the fox wants to grant him Super Saiyan or whatever. Even early Sasuke couldn't pull that nonsense with the Sharingan

rambis

Banned
It looks even more stupid when they they reveal that Naruto's mom was the previous holder of the nine tales; somehow she was able to live her life with her secret know to a few where as Naruto who was just born when he was the host was revealed to everyone but yet the reason why was somehow lost,
Kushina wasnt a secret. Kushina replaced the first hokages wife, they picked people from the uzumaki village specifically to be the kyuubi host.

Kinyou

Yeah I mean it wasn't even speculation from beginning who his parentage was, you see the 4th and go "yeah that's his dad" they look exactly alike even with just having ninja Mount Rushmore as reference.

It makes no sense why everyone trays him like complete shit and why nobody took the kid in (cough hiruzen).
It's weird. Usually errors like this happen because the writer didn't actually know where's the story is going (and i bet that's absolutely the case with Kakashi knowing narutos dad for example) but this part seems to be have been locked since day 1.

Kushina wasnt a secret. Kushina replaced the first hokages wife, they picked people from the uzumaki village specifically to be the kyuubi host.

Yes, but when she transferred to Konoha her secret wasn't know to the entire village like Naruto, no one knew who she was when she was introduced as a transfer student, her secret was only revealed to a certain few when she was kidnapped and again when she was about to have Naruto.

It's weird. Usually errors like this happen because the writer didn't actually know where's the story is going (and i bet that's absolutely the case with Kakashi knowing narutos dad for example) but this part seems to be have been locked since day 1.

I think it's a shonen pacing problem due to the weekly release schedule and "arc" structure both being sort of fundamentally broken.

People talk about Chekov's Gun a lot, but they forget the part that says "If a character puts a gun on the table in the first act, it needs to be fired in the second act." The shonen version tends to go more like, "If a character puts a gun on the table in the first act, someone might remember to fire it in the third act of a completely different play with about a third of the same characters years later."

I know fans like to talk about the "payoff" of doing these decades-long foreshadowing things, but it actually tends to be pretty poor dramatic writing in the moment. The audience ends up feeling like you're pulling things out of your ass, even when they've literally been there from day one.

This is especially complicated by Shonen Jump's breakneck release pace, since it means the authors aren't really able to slow down and look at their work to seriously ask, "The thing I'm doing it right now, is it working in the context of a coherent narrative? Do I need to take some time to re-establish this character who's been absent from the story for years before I make them a pivotal plot point again?"

Erigu

Itachi not actually being a bad guy was decided very early on (at one point, Sasuke comments that his brother was crying the night of the massacre... not that he ever stops to wonder why!), and that whole story didn't make much sense in the end anyway.
It's not that Kishimoto doesn't care enough to even plan ahead, like some. I think he genuinely tries. But even then, he's just not a good writer.

Caja 117

Again, you are parting from your own incorrect interpretation that these Ninjas have the same type of empathy as the average person, they dont.

Kakahi didnt had because Naruto happened to be his Master son, nothing else, there is no especial connection here, Just like Asuma was Sarutobi son and non of the Sanin really had a touching moment with him. Nothing about being an orphan here, that is besides the point in the sense of the interaction.

Jiraiya was keeping tabs on Orochimaru and after on Akatsuki because those represented threat to the village and hos own obsession with Orochimaru just like Naruto was with Sasuke , I still dont see why would Jiraiya had the need to be paying visits to Naruto when Jiraiya sort of became a wonderer in the world.

Sarutobi was the person in the village overlooking that the seal was kept in check having Yamato there as well.

Once again you are parting from the misconception that both jiraiya and kakashi had some sort of duty to be father figure for Naruto because you feel they had the same type of empathy as normal people do, but they dont.

Naruto hardship didnt came from being alone it came because he was demonized in the village, as you have Sasuke in the opposite side were he was treated as a prince, orphan ninja kids in Naruto dont need special treatment.

Kusagari

Yes, but when she transferred to Konoha her secret wasn't know to the entire village like Naruto, no one knew who she was when she was introduced as a transfer student, her secret was only revealed to a certain few when she was kidnapped and again when she was about to have Naruto.

Regardless the only two characters we know of with the Uzumaki surname were both holders of the fox who both married Hokage.

Nobody fucking knew this? Nobody ever commented on his last name and went huh?

theWB27

You fail to realize that even when Jaraiya got back and trained Naruto he really wasn't even hands on. He'd give Naruto a task and tell him to figure it out and leave and do his own thing. He'd protect Naruto...but he wasn't hand holding in anyway with him.

It's entirely plausible...since he had little time to stick around train him all day...that he wouldn't have time at all before we meet him in the story.

He protected him, but he was far more hands on with Pain when he found them. But he also wasn't scoping out the biggest threat in the series at that time. He was training them. Was still kinda ok with Orochimaru.

Who exactly did Kakashi get close to after Obito and Rin? Wasn't it only GUY? Wasn't he also known for being the hardest teacher to pass. He failed everyone. He was absolutely a hard ass. Kakashi being able to always be a good teammate regardless of what he was going through doesn't change that other part of him. He was a professional through and through.

You're asking why a bunch of lone ninjas weren't around for Naruto. It's there.

cordy

Banned
Most of Naruto made sense until that whole War Arc and from that point on it's bullshit after bullshit. Not even that but Part 1 made way more sense than Part 2. As for the village not figuring out who Naruto's dad is, I mean Lois Lane didn't know Clark Kent and Superman were the same person and that's working 40hrs a week with the man. Shit happens.

Now Bleach? Lord. I won't even get into this ridiculousness.

Hero

Kishi had some good ideas but the execution was flawed, but I can't really fault him too much.

Itachi was The Boss of Naruto.

FStubbs

From a purely narrative construction, it's foreshadowed fairly well: why can Ichigo and his sister see ghosts? Why was their mother targeted by a Hollow? Etc.

That said, due to poor pacing (blame the format, I guess) it still ended up feeling like a serious ass-pull.

The truth about Zangetsu was there all along too - and Ichigo's bedspread (which I think was his mother's) has a quincy cross on it in Chapter One.

Bowl0l

My assumption is that one of Naruto's parent was supposed to be a villain and 3rd Hokage is trying to hide Naruto from her/him. Then after the manga started publishing, the author decided to cancel the idea because the author chose to keep Naruto's story simpler. Too much things for the author to juggle if Naruto have to be centre of many conflicts.

Setsuna

Most of Naruto made sense until that whole War Arc and from that point on it's bullshit after bullshit. Not even that but Part 1 made way more sense than Part 2. As for the village not figuring out who Naruto's dad is, I mean Lois Lane didn't know Clark Kent and Superman were the same person and that's working 40hrs a week with the man. Shit happens.

Now Bleach? Lord. I won't even get into this ridiculousness.

Bleach is fine

Again, you are parting from your own incorrect interpretation that these Ninjas have the same type of empathy as the average person, they dont.

Kakahi didnt had because Naruto happened to be his Master son, nothing else, there is no especial connection here, Just like Asuma was Sarutobi son and non of the Sanin really had a touching moment with him. Nothing about being an orphan here, that is besides the point in the sense of the interaction.

Jiraiya was keeping tabs on Orochimaru and after on Akatsuki because those represented threat to the village and hos own obsession with Orochimaru just like Naruto was with Sasuke , I still dont see why would Jiraiya had the need to be paying visits to Naruto when Jiraiya sort of became a wonderer in the world.

Sarutobi was the person in the village overlooking that the seal was kept in check having Yamato there as well.

Once again you are parting from the misconception that both jiraiya and kakashi had some sort of duty to be father figure for Naruto because you feel they had the same type of empathy as normal people do, but they dont.

Naruto hardship didnt came from being alone it came because he was demonized in the village, as you have Sasuke in the opposite side were he was treated as a prince, orphan ninja kids in Naruto dont need special treatment.
Im tired of repeating myself, the series explicitly showed that Jiraiya and Kakashi DID NOT have the same values and mindset as would be befitting of a "typical ninja" for their time period. They aren't aliens, we've seen them feel and react like normal empathetic human beings in every other circumstance that's in line with their characters except when it comes to Naruto's upbringing.

I already talked about how Asuma is in completely different circumstances from Naruto. They are not the same so stop trying to conflate the two, and once again we don't even know if they had a relationship

You don't see why Jiraiya shouldn't attempt to at least acknowledge Naruto exists for over 12 years? You can't understand why a kid's godfather(and he's the one who came up with being Naruto's godfather) shouldn't completely ignore him for 12 years as he's getting shit on in the village.......ok pal. He doesn't need to be paying visits, he doesn't need to visit once, send the kid a fucking letter. And when you finally come back, don't ignore him again to go spying on naked women.

Jiraiya actually HAS the key for the seal, like on his person, he didn't it give away or anything, he's the one who was given the responsibility by Minato and he ended up finally doing something when he meets Naruto by complete chance. What was Sarutobi going to do for the seal? oh yeah nothing cause he doesn't have the key.

Once again you are completely ignoring how they both were written because they DID have a lot of empathy. You think a man who takes in 3 random orphans for 3 years doesn't have a lot of empathy? Another man who realized the value of putting your friends over the mission and dedicates his life to living by that code, who tries as hard as he possibly can to steer a bad apple(Sasuke) away from revenge, doesn't have enough empathy to see how his beloved dead mentor's son is doing even once? Can't nod at him down the street? He gets all depressed over Minato's death and then goes "lol fuck that kid"? You're portraying them like they're nothing more cold hearted assassins when the series goes out of its way to show that they aren't.

You act like im asking for the world when all that was needed was some minor acknowledgment of existence.

Kakashi and Jiraiya back then were simply not written as if they had a close connection with Minato and knew about Naruto the entire time, that's it. Kishi came up with all that backstory later and now looking back at things all of it doesn't fit that well unless you do a bunch of mental gymnastics and force it.

Ogodei

In pretty sure that Kabuto was raised in a ninja orphanage.

They were doing stuff. Kakashi was an anbu captain and later a famous jounin and joraiya traveled the world keeping tabs on people. They didn't have time to raise a kid.

Naruto likely lived in a group home until 12 or so when he got his own place and graduated to being a genin, and hiruzen likely kept tabs on him

Recent filler had him being on his own as young as age 3.

Yeah.

brinstar

It's important to remember that the details of Naruto's birth were top secret. The only people who knew Naruto was being born that night were killed by Obito except the 3rd. As far as the villagers were concerned, Naruto was just some shitty rando kid with a nuke inside him. If it was public knowledge that he was the Hokage's son, or that he was a jinchuriki, he would've been a target.

Jiraiya spent long amounts of time away from the village researching Akatsuki and Orochimaru. He probably just assumed Naruto was in good hands.

Kakashi admits he's a shitty teacher who favored Sasuke. (and fucked up with him too)

Kishimoto definitely should've spent some time clarifying how exactly Naruto was raised from infanthood to child though, it's a weird hole in his backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom