• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

jorgejjvr

The animation was awesome due to it having Yamashita and the the guy who did part of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

The opening was very nice. I think this will be enjoyable to watch for me even if I see it as a filler sequel. Watching Naruto has become too much of a habit.
The animation was indeed amazing, hopefully we keep the quality. Just very impressed overall with this episode. I'm assuming this will go from the new academy content, up to the Scarlett spring Manga, and up to the Boruto movie. And then continue on from there. Very glad it started the way it did with the same Manga tease.... Can't wait

This does not feel filler at all. I'm taking this as Part 3. And I couldn't be more excited. It seems we are going to get early Naruto again.

PS: opening was great too

I can make one if no-one has claimed it yet!
That would be great! Thank you.

rambis

Banned
The animation was awesome due to it having Yamashita and the the guy who did part of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

The opening was very nice. I think this will be enjoyable to watch for me even if I see it as a filler sequel. Watching Naruto has become too much of a habit.

AKA I have nothing better to do so I'm going to watch the show I supposedly hate so I can troll and complain online...
Very little about Kishi in that video, just got done watching it.

Ok cool, was just posting what was on reddit. Good OP btw.

Episode was great as expected. With Abe and Yamashita being perm directors we won't have much issue with the inhouse episodes.

AKA I have nothing better to do so I'm going to watch the show I supposedly hate so I can troll and complain online...

Ok cool, was just posting what was on reddit
. Good OP btw.

Episode was great as expected. With Abe and Yamashita being perm directors we won't have much issue with the inhouse episodes.

Looool

Aka I don't mind watching this filler for now. Definitely waiting for Gaiden and 700 to be animated.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, episode was better than expected. The moving trains made me super nervous though, lol.

I wish the first episode was what the manga was tbh. Are all the academy characters not seen in the movie/manga canon though? The purple haired chick looks cool.

https://twitter.com/Animeblue00/status/861597409616461825

Sasuke going to have his Jiraiya and people are going to be salty. If Kish really okay with killing some Naruto cast members off. He needs to make this new cast more likable. Right now none of them can even light a candle to Naruto cast.
How bullshit is the power escalation in Boruto then? I've been holding off on starting the new anime just waiting for a bunch of episodes to pile up, and haven't read any of the new material yet as well.

rrc1594

How bullshit is the power escalation in Boruto then? I've been holding off on starting the new anime just waiting for a bunch of episodes to pile up, and haven't read any of the new material yet as well.

In anime they aren't even ninja yet, it's slice of life Naruto style. Which has been pretty cool.

rambis

Banned

Sasuke going to have his Jiraiya and people are going to be salty. If Kish really okay with killing some Naruto cast members off. He needs to make this new cast more likable. Right now none of them can even light a candle to Naruto cast.

The current cast seems infinitely more interesting than the part 1 crew. Even if some are so far unused, it seems alot better with interesting characters like Sarada and Mitsuki instead of the absolutely worthless likes of part 1 people like Hinata, or Sakura, or someone like Kiba. Killing off the original cast does seem like a bit much though.

Ray Down

Banned
No writer on either the anime or manga have the balls to kill of anyone vaguely important.

They will Kiba or his stupid girlfriend and have it be that.

It feels good to back in the OG thread.

Nah, Kishi is just saying he doesn't want Ikemoto/Kodachi to feel restricted. Not like much of the fandom even care for this new spin off but I would want to see Sasuke/Naruto die just to see how badly Ikemoto/Kodachi portray.

Their writing has been shit tier so far, with little creativity.

The current cast seems infinitely more interesting than the part 1 crew. Even if some are so far unused, it seems alot better with interesting characters like Sarada and Mitsuki instead of the absolutely worthless likes of part 1 people like Hinata, or Sakura, or someone like Kiba. Killing off the original cast does seem like a bit much though.

tumblr_nul17mUgag1rmiddxo1_250.gif

rambis

Banned

Nah, Kishi is just saying he doesn't want Ikemoto/Kodachi to feel restricted. Not like much of the fandom even care for this new spin off but I would want to see Sasuke/Naruto die just to see how badly Ikemoto/Kodachi portray.

Lol you have the most contrarian positions on the series I've ever seen.

Psycho, do you feel compelled to shitpost everything that Kishimoto didn't physically sit down and write himself? lol

If something is shit, I'll call it shit. Ikemoto/Kodachi have little idea on these characters, naruto lore and what made Naruto interesting, and have putt off so many people.

Ross61

tumblr_nul17mUgag1rmiddxo1_250.gif
Ironic that you post a gif with two of the worst offenders lol

rrc1594

I'm enjoying Boruto, I'm not loving it. If you want me, to be honest, I wanted more Team 7. That's my major issue with Naruto in the first place we didn't get enough of Team 7. I think it was a mistake to start the anime to where they weren't ninja's yet. It makes it feel like filler. It's been a year since the manga started and it's nowhere really.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_opcoif0Ngk1w9tbgao1_540.png

Hypothetical Shippuden-era Team 7 if Orochimaru never interfered?

Yado

I hate the slice of life tone tbh. Would have preferred to get Boruto in 12 episode seasons with a tight storyline and better animation.

Pein

Banned
jesus christ, those images of sakura are so nice. Why wasn't she drawn like that always, fucking hell.

I need to buy that book asap.

rambis

Banned
jesus christ, those images of sakura are so nice. Why wasn't she drawn like that always, fucking hell.

I need to buy that book asap.
That guy only really does the covers/posters for the animation projects IIRC.

Ironic that you post a gif with two of the worst offenders lol

Lol right.
If something is shit, I'll call it shit. Ikemoto/Kodachi have little idea on these characters, naruto lore and what made Naruto interesting, and have putt off so many people.

I mean, there has been what, two chapters of new content? Everything else is Kishi's movie with minute changes . You're blowing things out of proportion and exaggerating, as per usual. Keep choking that chicken though bud.

rrc1594 said:
I'm enjoying Boruto, I'm not loving it. If you want me, to be honest, I wanted more Team 7. That's my major issue with Naruto in the first place we didn't get enough of Team 7. I think it was a mistake to start the anime to where they weren't ninja's yet. It makes it feel like filler. It's been a year since the manga started and it's nowhere really.

Well obviously the manga will move at a snails pace at 1 per month compared to 4-5. Combine that with the fact that most chapters have been movie recap and you have why we've gone nowhere.

What do you mean by more "team 7" though? Do you mean more Naruto/Sasuke or the new team? It seems pretty obvious they are laying the foundation for Boruto and Mitsuki's relationship in the current arc of the anime. I'm definitely not looking forward to yet another rehash of the movie plot.

ghstwrld

other stories have done way more with the monthly format tbh; the story as is is mostly trash, never really making effective use of the old and new casts

the anime is kind of dry too

rambis

Banned
other stories have done way more with the monthly format tbh; the story as is is mostly trash, never really making effective use of the old and new casts

The story as is is 80% Kishi's movie script. I personally don't think its that bad but whatevs...

It really is laughable how much of a bad knock off this Boruto series is and I'm glad the Naruto fanbase is aware of it.

I can write so much about its fundamental problems: horrible art, cheap nostalgia pulls, retconning to drive the story forward (oh look the alien is alive), lack of creativity (more aliens, destroyed Konoha etc), bad or off characterisation (Shikamaru smoking, Sasuke, Sarada and new characters are hardly memorable etc), and an overall lack of plot.

rambis

Banned
It really is laughable how much of a bad knock off this Boruto series is and I'm glad the Naruto fanbase is aware of it.

I can write so much about its fundamental problems: horrible art, cheap nostalgia pulls, retconning to drive the story forward (oh look the alien is alive), lack of creativity (more aliens, destroyed Konoha etc), bad or off characterisation (Shikamaru smoking, Sasuke, Sarada and new characters are hardly memorable etc), and an overall lack of plot.
The shitpost is strong with this one.

SolVanderlyn

Rambis vs. Psycho Mantis is one of my favorite reoccurring Naruto fights.

tumblr_opkwj8wQTw1rs98sso1_540.jpg

rambis

Banned
Rambis vs. Psycho Mantis is one of my favorite reoccurring Naruto fights.

tumblr_opkwj8wQTw1rs98sso1_540.jpg
He wouldnt be so annoying if he didnt blatantly lie as much. Its like watching Trump go on and on about his crowd sizes. Almost like he's trying to convince himself that half the shit he says is true or accurate.

Yado

The pacing/plot of the manga is pretty bad even if you exclude the retelling of the movie (why?). Then it moved on to Boruto babysitting a spoilt kid and dwelling on trading cards? Nothing on what the other core characters are up to? I'd be ok with it if it was a weekly release, because I expect there to be some weeks where nothing really happens but it's been months and it seems like nothing notable has happened since the Boruto manga started.

ghstwrld

10+ months of redoing the movie was really an odd choice especially because they don't really include any new or interesting stances or frames on the material until the very end, and what we do get is no where near a worthy return on all the time invested

and since then, anyone who isn't boruto is still dying on the vine, pretty much

flop choices all around tbh

rrc1594

The pacing/plot of the manga is pretty bad even if you exclude the retelling of the movie (why?). Then it moved on to Boruto babysitting a spoilt kid and dwelling on trading cards? Nothing on what the other core characters are up to? I'd be ok with it if it was a weekly release, because I expect there to be some weeks where nothing really happens but it's been months and it seems like nothing notable has happened since the Boruto manga started.

10+ months of redoing the movie was really an odd choice especially because they don't really include any new or interesting stances or frames on the material until the very end, and what we do get is no where near a worthy return on all the time invested

and since then, anyone who isn't boruto is still dying on the vine, pretty much

flop choices all around tbh

This. I don't know why they didn't do what DB Super did. Anime and Manga start at the movie. Only thing that has been instresting about Boruto was Sarada's little story arc. Sarada should have been MC but that's just me.

rambis

Banned
I guess I don't see what some people are expecting. We just ended the movie plot which is the defacto first arc and in the 2 chapters since we are obviously building up to the next arc. This is starting exactly as Kishi said it would, its almost as if he was tempering these same kind of expectations that you all seem to have.

I didnt agree with the decision to recap the movie and even more perturbed that the anime will do the same. But at least the anime is building back story which this story needs badly.

This. I don't know why they didn't do what DB Super did. Anime and Manga start at the movie. Only thing that has been instresting about Boruto was Sarada's little story arc. Sarada should have been MC but that's just me.
The manga did start at the movie? And the anime is doing the movie after this arc. I personally think thats a terrible idea but this is a weird complaint.

ghstwrld

Boruto is just not an interesting protagonist so far. :T

CJXGoGB.jpg

plus it seems like, on top of everything, they're making him super extra special and chosen \(`0´)/

think i'm going to continue to dip in and out whenever i remember this is a thing

It ain't just you. Main team should've been Sarada, Himawari and Shikadai.

Sai

I'm not crazy about Boruto right now either, but it feels like some Naruto fans are being a lil' excessive with their hatred of it.

I may not be too keen on some of the design choices(Sarada's especially), or the fact that they went through the entire movie's plot, but I do like how they're focusing on more grounded missions and adventures before moving back to all that godhood nonsense. It's the one thing I really wish Naruto did before they jumped into the tounament arc in order to properly develop the bonds between not only Team 7, but how they interact with the others of their generation.

I thought I was going to loathe the last chapter, but I'm actually kinda happy with how it turned out.

SolVanderlyn

Top Bottom