• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Selection 2 |OT| You're Squad 5

Coop

The original was probably my favorite multiplayer game. I spent so many hours playing that game. Hopefully they'll have some siege maps up in the coming weeks.

I'm pretty much in the dark about this, not sure what i think about the alien commander.

That's not too bad.

Onos Devour also appears to be missing, based on the description. That was a pretty awesome move to exploit, coupled with cloaking and endurance upgrades. Made ambushing 2-3 Heavies a peace of cake.

It was never added in NS2 due to it apparently being an anti-fun mechanic.

Admittedly it sort of is. But it is still hella cool

KingKong

The original was probably my favorite multiplayer game. I spent so many hours playing that game. Hopefully they'll have some siege maps up in the coming weeks.

I'm pretty much in the dark about this, not sure what i think about the alien commander.

I like the game a lot but it really pales in comparison to NS1. I can see what they were trying to do with the changes but it doesn't always work and it's just not as fun to play

I'm pretty much in the dark about this, not sure what i think about the alien commander

I think I quit right before the siege map patch came out so I never played them. Still the best half-life 1 mod though.

The best part was how both sides were completely different to play. Alien commander feels so wrong.

I think I quit right before the siege map patch came out so I never played them. Still the best half-life 1 mod though.

The best part was how both sides were completely different to play. Alien commander feels so wrong.

Siege maps were never official in any sense of the word. But they were hilarious in their own right

Facism

Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
/svc_bad

Jump in guys, great game.

For those of you that would like a taste of NS1, there are 2 servers left in the wild to play on. Evolve.ns in the USA and Wonga.ns in Europe.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't know how $25 can be considered a premium price, especially for a game like this.
$10-$15 is pretty much the standard price for DD only indie games so $25 might seem like a premium. If you look at it on the other end, then $50 is the standard price for a PC game and $25 is a discounted price.

I don't really have an issue with the price as long as there's a healthy online community. I'd be down for a 4 pack.

Sliver

Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
Defend Target!
/svc_bad

Jump in guys, great game.

For those of you that would like a taste of NS1, there are 2 servers left in the wild to play on. Evolve.ns in the USA and Wonga.ns in Europe.

Whatever happened to the <BAD> Clan Server? Most popular server in the two years I played NS1.

Adamm

Been playing the beta all night.

Makes me yearn the early days of NS1 when the average game would last 3-4 hours. Then they fixed it with patches :(

But still after playing this tonight, I cannot wait for the full release - hopefully some of my old NS buddies start playing again too :D

Forgot how much I loved this game

Facism

Whatever happened to the <BAD> Clan Server? Most popular server in the two years I played NS1.

Costs as far as i know. BAD clan leader bro was paying loads of money to host. They managed to keep the server going 3 or so months after they ran out of money due to the generosity of donations from players within their community.

I'm not too clued in as i'm a Euro NS player and rarely venture to the US side of things, mostly due to their propensity to trivialise racism and mental disabilities for their own amusement. Pretty much the xbox live of NS.

Revenant

purchased. 25 seems like a decent price for what you're getting, besides it's not like this is some new indie game with slowly growing interest. NS is already well established so you're guaranteed a solid community for matches and modding.

Veritas_

Love the thread title.

I remember buying into the pre-order/beta way way back and getting so stoked that this was real. Now it's here, really looking forward to this.

bdrob

Played quite a lot of the beta and been watching a lot of the competitive streams lately, really looking forward to this, the game has come on leaps and bounds recently.

May have to disconnect my PC from my TV and hook it back up to the desk with a proper keyboard and mouse over the weekend - joypad ain't gonna cut it!

Clydefrog

Oh man, that launch trailer is awesome! Why didn't I play the beta??

I like how that one alien is basically a demoknight.

1091E3DDB169DE8678580D41EF86DD22839EE280

For at least the very near future, population does not appear to be an issue.

"Is the maximum # of allowed players per server capped at 24? It was 32 in the original mod."

I think it's 32, but I haven't seen any servers using it (I think it's best at 16 players max, personally).

Absol

Is the maximum # of allowed players per server capped at 24? It was 32 in the original mod.

That's because no server can run the game without severe performance problems with more than 24 players right now. I assume as they optimize the game more in the future there will be 32 player servers again.

gabbo

Is there a GAF server up for this? I just tried to find an open game and there is nothing on this side of the world with a decent ping and an oen slot that's rook friendly

Facism

go into options and turn rookie mode off. there should be no barrier of entry in joining a server outside of it being full.

gabbo

go into options and turn rookie mode off. there should be no barrier of entry in joining a server outside of it being full.

No, no. I want rookie friendly. I've never set foot in the Natural Selection world before and new communities tend to chew up noobs such as myself quickly over lack of experience.
I would think a GAF server would be small enough to avoid this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yep, this is what I heard all from beta people. Game runs somewhat badly. I'm not picking it up until they improve performance, both online and fps wise.

Good to know I'm not alone. It feels like NS and I can see myself playing this for a while. But I need to relearn everything because I feel like a noob again

Facism

No, no. I want rookie friendly. I've never set foot in the Natural Selection world before and new communities tend to chew up noobs such as myself quickly over lack of experience.
I would think a GAF server would be small enough to avoid this.

nah mate jump right in. a lot of the ns vets and ns2 beta players are friendly and helpful. i'd recommend marines at first as it's closer to established fps play. you'll get to see the alien lifeforms, structures and abilities without worrying if you've burdened the team.

just listen to your teammates and commander and you'll be fine.

gabbo

nah mate jump right in. a lot of the ns vets and ns2 beta players are friendly and helpful. i'd recommend marines at first as it's closer to established fps play. you'll get to see the alien lifeforms, structures and abilities without worrying if you've burdened the team.

just listen to your teammates and commander and you'll be fine.

in that case, I just need to find an open game ;)

Top Bottom