• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan

Banned
I feel like Thunder's gameplan last night would have worked against someone like the Warriors, but with the Rockets you need some finesse.

Boogs31

There was that two-minute stretch at the end of the third where Donovan didn't really have an offense or defense lineup out while Russ went to the bench. It's where Houston made that one run, but in general, Donovan made most of the proper adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2.

That lineup cost them the game though. They were up 12 and that lineup got outscored by 9 in two and a half minutes. He refuses to put lineups with multiple shooters on the floor. How is Oladipo supposed to be effective when he's surrounded by 3 complete non scorers in Christon, Grant and Roberson? It also forced Westbrook to come in straight away in the 4th without getting enough rest.

The lineup without Westbrook in the game should have been Oladipo, Abrines, McDermott, Kanter and Grant. Yes, that lineup isn't great defensively, but it could at least hang in the game and not get destroyed in several minutes.

When Westbrook is in, they should surround him with defensive players because he can help carry the offense. When he is out, they should be putting in lineups that are good offensively otherwise they'll be horrendous on that end of the floor.

Nafai1123

Banned
I feel like Thunder's gameplan last night would have worked against someone like the Warriors, but with the Rockets you need some finesse.

From what I saw of the game it seemed like a shootout (especially is that atrocious 4th qtr), which is always going to favor the Warriors. The way to beat the Dubs is to grind the game to a halt and keep their offense off rhythm.

Why? Warriors are a much better defensive team - all 5 guys on the team at any given point can defend their positions well.

There wasn't really a game-plan for OKC apart from Russ hogging the ball, which I don't think would have worked against any team.

LionPride

Banned
I don't know if ISO Westbrook and let him take 50 shots and get 50 points would work against a better defensive team in the Dubs

beat

For Curry the model would be Nash or Stockton probably and those guys each had a good 15+ years.
Aw, now I'm sad about Nash's career. Sure, he overachieved a lot already, but he was also battling a congenital back problem for at least the second half of his career. Imagine if he hadn't had that to deal with.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Iso Lebron is as bad as Iso Westbrook.

It's the worst play in basketball no matter who it is (except maybe Jordan who had a killer jump shot)

cHaotix8

Lol Cavs gonna have to get red hot to bring it back, cause their D not gonna cut it the way the pacers are moving the ball right now.

Dizzan

MINI Member
RIP LeBrons first round sweeps x no L's since like 2013?

Hes been pretty good

CgHLqUvW8AAA1sg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom