• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

SamuraiX-

Were you lagging as much as I was? Felt like I couldn't do anything that I normally could in that game.

gg

Nice cheesefest with Rose too. ;)

ecnal

ya, those last freethrows, i was literally TAPPING THE STICK and it said bad release too late.

the dribbling and passing stuff seemed fine to me, but shot releases were definitely off.

all hail rose.

Purexed

Banned
GG Johnny. It hurt losing that one considering I led for most of the game comfortably.

I'd just caution you to use that give-n-go move a little less frequently. With on-ball defense, that move is virtually impossible to stop especially with Gay as the dive guy. 9 of his 14 shots came on dunks and layups from that play, I looked at the replays to confirm.

You've got game, but when the going gets tough, you shouldn't default to that because it's money.

Look forward to our next game.

Purexed said:
GG Johnny. It hurt losing that one considering I led for most of the game comfortably.

I'd just caution you to use that give-n-go move a little less frequently. With on-ball defense, that move is virtually impossible to stop especially with Gay as the dive guy. 9 of his 14 shots came on dunks and layups from that play, I looked at the replays to confirm.

You've got game, but when the going gets tough, you shouldn't default to that because it's money.

Look forward to our next game.
Thanks for the game and I'll remember what you said about the give and go. I did try it earlier in the game and it wasn't working but I'll use it less frequently now.

Nate Robinson is a pain in the ass. You use him well.

SamuraiX- said:
Seattle, what happened? I got a DC from you?
game has been reset.
---------------------------------------------
week 2 schedule:
@ Golden State Warriors
@ Indiana Pacers
@ Portland Blazers

just hit me up on aim or pm if you're available.

SamuraiX- said:
Seattle, what happened? I got a DC from you?

Internet died on me. It´s been crazy this week. Tomorrow we have presidential election here, so i´ll be online only after 11pm eastern.

A couple of thoughts, i finally got to test the game online with my friends here, and holy shit, the difference between playing people from your same country and international is huge.

Not to sound like a sore loser, but it changes a lot because of the ping.

I mean, you probably noticed if you played me, on ball defense is almost impossible with lag/delay. I give a bunch of wide open jumpers because by the time i´m hitting triangle the guy already launched the ball.

Playing with people from Brazil works perfectly fine, without any lag. Fuck this shit, is like MW2, if the host is the USA, you mkight as well not play because the lag is terrible. My connection is 10 down/1 up, but that is meaningless due to the ping with the servers.

This is noticiable on the pause menu, i see guys changing settings fast, and everytime i have to do it it´s slow and sluggish, i think it´s input lag.

Well, it´s a shame none of your guys are outside the USA to see what i mean, but playing me is pretty noticeable.

Something the Knicks will have to get used to.

ps: such a shame Landry Fields is not avaliable on our roster. He´s a joy to play, shoots lights out.

RDreamer

seattle6418 said:
Internet died on me. It´s been crazy this week. Tomorrow we have presidential election here, so i´ll be online only after 11pm eastern.

A couple of thoughts, i finally got to test the game online with my friends here, and holy shit, the difference between playing people from your same country and international is huge.

Not to sound like a sore loser, but it changes a lot because of the ping.

I mean, you probably noticed if you played me, on ball defense is almost impossible with lag/delay. I give a bunch of wide open jumpers because by the time i´m hitting triangle the guy already launched the ball.

Playing with people from Brazil works perfectly fine, without any lag. Fuck this shit, is like MW2, if the host is the USA, you mkight as well not play because the lag is terrible. My connection is 10 down/1 up, but that is meaningless due to the ping with the servers.

This is noticiable on the pause menu, i see guys changing settings fast, and everytime i have to do it it´s slow and sluggish, i think it´s input lag.

Well, it´s a shame none of your guys are outside the USA to see what i mean, but playing me is pretty noticeable.

Something the Knicks will have to get used to.

ps: such a shame Landry Fields is not avaliable on our roster. He´s a joy to play, shoots lights out.

Even IN the US the game is sluggish as hell and there's TONS of input lag, especially with defense. To me it's almost unplayable. I really can't imagine what it's like outside the country.

SamuraiX-

rinse82 said:
on now if anybody wants to play

How late you gonna be up? I'm probably getting home after 11:00pm (PST) if anyone is gonna be on from my games.

@ Orlando Magic
New Jersey Nets
@ Miami Heat
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks

Smokey

RDreamer said:
Even IN the US the game is sluggish as hell and there's TONS of input lag, especially with defense. To me it's almost unplayable. I really can't imagine what it's like outside the country.
Not true at all.

RDreamer

Smokey said:
Not true at all.

Then I don't know what's wrong on my end, since the internet works fine with every other game I've ever played. The game's noticeably sluggish, and there's always been input lag online for me, both with moving and shooting. It's so bad that I feel like I can't play the game offline or I'll be even worse online in the league. And I don't want to just play online on my own, because it fucking sucks.

SamuraiX-

I'll be on now for about 3 or 4 hours if anyone needs to play me.

@ Orlando Magic
New Jersey Nets
@ Miami Heat
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks

Smokey

RDreamer said:
Then I don't know what's wrong on my end, since the internet works fine with every other game I've ever played. The game's noticeably sluggish, and there's always been input lag online for me, both with moving and shooting. It's so bad that I feel like I can't play the game offline or I'll be even worse online in the league. And I don't want to just play online on my own, because it fucking sucks.

Damn that sucks mayne. NBA2k11 is actually the smoothest of any of the 2k's released in awhile. There is a slight input delay but not to the extent that you are describing. Have you tried changing the channel on your router (if you're using one) or opening different ports?

SamuraiX-

viakado said:
Let's talk. I'll make u an offer u can't refuse.

2e5saqx.jpg

SamuraiX-

Ah, no worries then.

I won't have much time during the week to play my games... I'll probably need to hold off on most of them until next weekend.

SamuraiX-

Here's a tip for your game against Chicago, Smokey:

Prepare yourself for ecnal's Cheese Factory of Derrick Rose. It's one of the best shows in town! :lol

Smokey

SamuraiX- said:

Prepare yourself for ecnal's Cheese Factory of Derrick Rose. It's one of the best shows in town! :lol

heh. Me and ecnal pretty much know each others style. It will be a fun game:D

thomasbk

Magic
Thunder
Miami
Warriors
Kings
Celtics

I can play in a couple of hours after the football game, if any of you is around.
I maybe on tomorrow after monday night football, or probably tuesday, wednesday and thursday all night.

ecnal

SamuraiX- said:

2d6md1k.jpg

i can play tomorrow night probably, smokey.

thomasbk

Good game Samurai!

I got nervous there at the end of regulation! I was sure I had the win with the buzzer beater at the end! But luckily nothing went in for you in OT! :)
I'm starting to get the hang of this game! The road to the championship has begun for the Rockets! 1-4 and soon to be 26-4! :D

Top Bottom