• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

ecnal

rinse82 said:
Heh, I actually have no clue what your fb slider was set at. Didn't notice anything extreme.

To pistolpete's point, whenever I see someone maxing out a certain slider in the coaching settings, it leads me to believe that the guy is going to play a certain way (flashbacks to online cheesers of years gone by). You're right, anybody can change those sliders in-game without the opponent knowing, and the fact that I saw him do it could've shaped my opinion of how he played, but it was pretty blatant at what his strategy was once the game got going.

Anyways, I'll be on tonight to get some games in, I haven't had a chance to get any in yet.

it was maxed versus you ;)

like i said, i seriosuly don't doubt your claim that he played un-sim or like a cheeser -- his shot chart and various other games pretty much confirm that. i'm just skeptical that it has anything to do w/ FB settings.

smokey said:
Never adjust coaching sliders through pause menu :p

truth.

thomasbk

SamuraiX- said:
Have fun if you have the same lag that I did when you play Houston. :p
No one else has had any lag against me (no one has said anything atleast). I didn't even have any lag when we played!

Magic
Thunder
Miami

I (Rockets) can probably play tonight, maybe tomorrow, and probably thursday, all after after 9 EST.

Edit:
rinse82 said:
Rockets
Nets
Kings
Bucks
Knicks

Who's down tonight?
Rockets will make lebron cry!

rinse82

thomasbk said:
No one else has had any lag against me (no one has said anything atleast). I didn't even have any lag when we played!

Magic
Thunder
Miami

I (Rockets) can probably play tonight, maybe tomorrow, and probably thursday, all after after 9 EST.

Edit:

Rockets will make lebron cry!

lol, see you tonight buddy.

SamuraiX-

thomasbk said:

I know. I just have my fingers crossed that he gets a feel for what I went through so he can sympathize. :lol

Anyway, you won't win in our rematch in Houston, thomas. Prepare yourself. :D

SamuraiX-

pistolpete2940 said:
Nets here, got my game back and ready to play tonight.

I'm about to head home. When tonight are you available?

Nets
Heat
Knicks

I want to get 1 or 2 games out of the way tonight.

thauoftkidd

Neo Member
Just got home from work and to see that many of the discussions on here have been focussed on me being a "cheeser" or not playing "simulation" basketball is extremely dishearting.

Let's Make One Thing Clear....

I Have Never Ever Turned Up A Fastbreak Slider When Playing Online Ever.

If you wonder what it is i turn up before the game it is Crash Boards and Defensive Pressure. I turn those two to 100%.

If your not quite sure what i'm doing, in this years version if you look towards the bottom of the screen when the hand signal is up before the game they give you a slight peak of the sentence that corresponds to what the player is doing.

So anyone with thoughts of me turning up the fast break sliders please view it as irrelevant.

so let's start with quote #1.

seattle6418 said:
Our game was the most lag plagged matchup i´ve ever seen. Don´t you agree?

We took over an hour to do a 40 minute game because it was moving slowly.

I guess the problem was that i gave the challenge so i probably got host and messed up things with the 2k server.

Orlando has one unstopable play whereguys run on fastbreak and stop up for 3s. No matter what defensive scheme i tried, my players would just stand near the paint and the Magic would get a billion open looks.

How do you defend that? (if you played Orlando you know what i´m talking about).

Also, due to the lag i tried some zone defense so i wouldn´t have to play the ball carrier so much, but zone D is trash in this game.

I´ll be watching the Clippers game, but if want to play, just hit me here. I want to play as many games as possible. Don´t know how my schedule will be next week.

-------------

In this particular quote, we can see here that seattle6418 is discussing the quality of the game.

yes i do agree, i have never ever ever played a game with that much lag. It was basically unbearable. My initial thoughts were to quit the game message viakado and see if some resolution could be made. But after realizing that seattle was willing to play despite the many messages he sent me i decided to continue to play.

I could have given the ball to Dwight Howard every single possession with the lag. That would have been my easiest option. However i opted to shoot the three ball instead. Why? Because with an extremely slow game i figured the 3 ball is a very low percentage shot on lag and it would at least give seattle the opportunity to play a decent game. If i chose to dunk the ball every time, 1. i would have gone over the pip rule. 2. It would not have been fair. So that is my logic in why 51 3 Balls were shot.

rinse82 said:
It's definitely beatable, just saying that it's not the most sim experience when playing the Magic. This league doesn't strive to be that anyways, so it doesn't really matter I guess.

This comment was also an eye opener. Not the most sim experience? this is ludicrious. I do not start games thinking "let me be a cheeser." The Orlando Magic offense in real life is predicated on the three point shot. I try to play the way that will ultimately put the orlando magic in the best position to win games. And if this "fastbreak move" was such a "Cheeser" move, then why am i 2-3? and why am i not the best team in the league? and why am i not leading the league in fastbreak points? I'm confused to why complaints are being voiced in relation to myself shooting 3 balls that are often contested. The league implemented a rule in relation to PIP and then expects players not to shoot the ball further more the three ball. I struggle to deal with that concept.

ecnal said:
i was specifically talking about your claim that, "knew it was going to be trouble because his fastbreak slider was maxed out."

that makes absolutely no sense at all -- maxing out fastbreak slider does not result in some kind of unstoppable fastbreak.

he probably does play like an ass. it's pretty easy to look @ the box score and see the shot chart, and notice that he shoots almost half his shots from 3. he took 51 three point attempts in a single game as well.

i still don't understand what that has to do with FB slider though.

This is the final quote i'll address.

Ecnal i appreciate you raising logical points in relation to they way i play the game. all your points that have been raised have been extremely valid.

However, "he probably does play like an ass," is classified by me as an assumption. you have yet to play me and to make assumptions of that nature are disheartening.

In closing, Rinse82 and Seattle if you both view me as a person who cheeses or has some magical fastbreak play, i apologize. I have no hidden agenda. Again, all i do is turn my crash boards to 100 and my defensive pressure to 100.

But, I have a high respect level for every team in this league and at no point ever do i want someone to feel that i have "cheesed" them from receiving a win.

My 2-3 record. should speak for itself. I am not even the leading team in the league. I'm just trying to make the playoffs.

I continue to wish everyone the best of luck as we are all on a quest towards qualifying for the playoffs and ultimately the championship.

ecnal

nice post.

shot chart don't lie tho, brah -- PIP and 3pt shots take up almost 90% of your available shots in any given game, which is pathetic. that was my point about you "playing like an ass."

i wouldn't worry about it tho, you're clearly not an ass as demonstrated by your posts. you're also going to make the playoffs because the real ass made it so only 2 teams miss the playoffs.

:)

Ok, before the Lakers game, couple of thoughts. To me is still a hard play to defend, not cheesing.

What happens is that players will spot up in the corner and shoot wide open 3s a lot. I just don´t know what can be done to make my players defend that play. I can´t control five guys at once, and defensive pressure and whatnots haven´t made it a difference.

I´m pissed with 2k for once again giving us problems online. It´s the same way as in MW2. Have any of you guys played MW2 with international players without having lag problems? (three bars or bellow and you are screwed).

Orlando´s 3´s and Boston´s screen play for Ray are plays i "think" that are defendable, i just don´t know how at the moment.

But yes, i was questioning the game itself. I can´t blame the user for doing something that works, because in real life, if one team can´t stop the other team money play (think Jazz and the pick and rolls with Malone and Stockton) they will keep doing it.

thomasbk

Good game rinse82!
My defense was just horrible that game! Gave up way to many wide open shots :S I dont know why on most plays my PG was standing inside the paint when you carried the ball up court, so I had to defend him with another player, and then the rest would just get lost and didnt know who to cover or something! :S

Magic or Thunder around for our game?

Good game rinse, my first overtime, had to come back twice in that one.

SamuraiX, how was your connection? I had no lag on my end, im in ny. good game also, nice comeback.

New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets

SamuraiX-

GG pistol.

Even if I would have lost lost, I loved the way you play. Doesn't get more sim-like than that. I could tell you were starting to lose your patience a little bit in the 2nd half. I would too man. A lot of those shots should have went down for you.

Can't wait until our rematch, man. You've been my fav opponent so far, win or lose. :D

And the lag was fine for me in this game. Just about the same as if I would have played a ranked match with a good connection. Nice D, man!

Heat
Knicks

Anyone have time for one more game now or sometime tonight?

I have work tomorrow, so i won´t be around longer tonight (it´s 1:46 am here).

I will definately try to do the games tomorrow night. I went online a lot this weekend but only got one game done, and the other had a disconnect and i need to redo.

I still have to play

Nets
Kings
Bulls
Heat

Hopefully i can get at least two done tomorrow night. I should be online at around 6pm eastern.

If you want you can already schedule that Samurai and Pistolpete, i´m positive i will be online.

Smokey

smh

what did he do

looks like ps3 league needs a new leader, I can lead us to the promise land. together me and diddy can accomplish things viakado could only dream of

thauoftkidd

Neo Member
Orlando Magic will be available this evening to play. still need to play

Portland -kursk
Chicago - ecnal
Houston -TBK
Milwaukee - RDreamer
New Orleans -Big Baybee

around 8pm eastern!

hopefully someone will commit to this time. thanks.

rinse82

pistolpete2940 said:
Good game rinse, my first overtime, had to come back twice in that one.

SamuraiX, how was your connection? I had no lag on my end, im in ny. good game also, nice comeback.

New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets

Great game buddy. You just kept chipping away at the lead and then had the momentum going into OT. LeBron choked on that last possession in regulation.

rinse82

seattle6418 said:
I have work tomorrow, so i won´t be around longer tonight (it´s 1:46 am here).

I will definately try to do the games tomorrow night. I went online a lot this weekend but only got one game done, and the other had a disconnect and i need to redo.

I still have to play

Nets
Kings
Bulls
Heat

Hopefully i can get at least two done tomorrow night. I should be online at around 6pm eastern.

If you want you can already schedule that Samurai and Pistolpete, i´m positive i will be online.

I'll try to catch you on tonight.

ecnal

rinse82 said:
viakado is moving to mexico with our paypal money!

close, but he's likely already spent the paypal money on vicodin.

thauoftkidd: i wont be available till at least 11pm EST. we can try and get our game in later this week if that's not a good time.

thomasbk

thauoftkidd said:
Orlando Magic will be available this evening to play. still need to play

Portland -kursk
Chicago - ecnal
Houston -TBK
Milwaukee - RDreamer
New Orleans -Big Baybee

around 8pm eastern!

hopefully someone will commit to this time. thanks.

I'll (Rockets) be home like at 8:30/9 eastern, so if you're around for a while we can get our game on!

SamuraiX- said:
Kings game starts at 10:30pm EST. :(

I guess I can miss the 1st quarter. Unless you're planning for a late night? :p

I´m planning on watching that game also. Can we play before the game? (after would be tough, since it will be 3am for me here).

SamuraiX-

If anything, I want to get you guys both in before the game. I'll try to get home early so we can get it done. I don't have too much of a problem missing the 1st and 2nd quarters, since the Kings will be down but then engage Komeback mode in the 2nd half, which will lead to the Lakers' first loss of the season. :D

rinse82

SamuraiX- said:
If anything, I want to get you guys both in before the game. I'll try to get home early so we can get it done. I don't have too much of a problem missing the 1st and 2nd quarters, since the Kings will be down but then engage Komeback mode in the 2nd half, which will lead to the Lakers' first loss of the season. :D

FUUUUUUU flashbacks to the Raptors monday night meltdown.

DiddyBop

Viakado is banned for a week for acting a fool in one of the political-gaf threads. If you have any concerns or need soemthing done just get at me until he is unbanned.

League advances Saturday. Any leftover week 1 games will be simmed.

btothekw

hey diddy do you know if we are still honoring the wins from from the bugged league to this new one? if so assign a win to the pacers (Filth_Flannigan) for this weeks again against me (warriors)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This is the worst league thread ever. Vidako ruined the league by putting that sportsmanship thing in. Everyone acting all fake nice for the money

DiddyBop

btothekw said:
hey diddy do you know if we are still honoring the wins from from the bugged league to this new one? if so assign a win to the pacers (Filth_Flannigan) for this weeks again against me (warriors)
Ok thanks for the heads up

if anyone needs a win or loss from before the league was reset let me know.

Top Bottom