• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

DiddyBop

thomasbk
thauoftkidd

Seems like the Rockets went over their PIP allowance. According the rules, which have been in place for years in the neogaf 2k leagues, I got to award the victory to the Magic. I seriously don't think that the Rockets were trying to cheese the paint but with the resurgence of the midrange game in 2k11 there is no reason why someone should go over their allotted PIP in addition to the 4 grace points. tough way to lose but rules are rules.

Thoughts?

thomasbk

thauoftkidd said:
good game rockets...sorry about the backcourt stuff...also really laggy tried to fight through it.

Yeah, good game! Horrible lag though!
That backcourt stuff is kinda stupid! my player just started walking backwards and couldn't stop it! not your fault.

Also I don't know if you toned down the fast break 3s or if you couldn't make them because of the lag, but I really didn't have a problem with them! Just had to run to defend them, but nothing horrible.

thomasbk

DiddyBop said:
thomasbk
thauoftkidd

Seems like the Rockets went over their PIP allowance. According the rules, which have been in place for years in the neogaf 2k leagues, I got to award the victory to the Magic. I seriously don't think that the Rockets were trying to cheese the paint but with the resurgence of the midrange game in 2k11 there is no reason why someone should go over their allotted PIP in addition to the 4 grace points. tough way to lose but rules are rules.

Thoughts?

I did?? Damn it! I wasn't thinking about it! :S
I scored like 6 fast breaks at the end of the game when I was up like 10 already, maybe that screwed me up! :S

Well, the rules are the rules! I get a loss then! :( no biggie!

Edit:
46 out of 77! :S yeah thats messed up!

Played two games: two completely different stories.

Played Miami and they shot lights out. I have to figure out a way to defend isomotion, even with the lag issues there´s got to be a way. I keep giving wide open jumpers and i hate that.

I hate isomotion, because the defender is always in react mode, and this reaction is extremely slow. If i make a good play on D is because i guessed what the offense would do.

Second game i played a little looser, hit some shots in the beggining and then managed to control the rest of the game against the kings.

However, given the reason why i´m playing the Kings again, feels weird to get a win, since on the disconnect game i was losing.

Well, to the guys: do you notice anything different when playing me? Can you see how slow the cursor moves when i´m making coaching changes? Does it feel like i´m playing straight up D?

Just a couple of doubts i have right now.

DiddyBop

thomasbk said:
I did?? Damn it! I wasn't thinking about it! :S
I scored like 6 fast breaks at the end of the game when I was up like 10 already, maybe that screwed me up! :S

Well, the rules are the rules! I get a loss then! :( no biggie!

Edit:
46 out of 77! :S yeah thats messed up!

I know you weren't trying to cheese so don't worry, its just a regulation thing nothing against you or how you play the game.

I'm going to get on the grind this week. Except for weekends, the only time I'm really able to play is after midnight, and even then I'm at work. Send me a message on PSN or PM me here. I promise to get back to you all. I'm really sorry. Midnight central to 5am is when I'm available mon-fri. All day on Saturdays. PM me if you have a question or concern or want to schedule our matchup.

Big Baybee said:
I'm going to get on the grind this week. Except for weekends, the only time I'm really able to play is after midnight, and even then I'm at work. Send me a message on PSN or PM me here. I promise to get back to you all. I'm really sorry. Midnight central to 5am is when I'm available mon-fri. All day on Saturdays. PM me if you have a question or concern or want to schedule our matchup.
Are we still on for later?

DiddyBop

Big Baybee said:

I need to play you tonight:D

johnny_park said:
Keep your head up. You played pretty well against me. You just had a rough first quarter. The last 3 quarters were pretty even.
Same with my next game. lost the 1st quarter against the Celts by 12, lost the game by 12. Got it to 74-81 with 3 minutes or so left, was on a roll, then Jesus Shuttlesworth daggered me with a long 3.

Portland Blazers
@ Chicago Bulls
Orlando Magic
@ New Jersey Nets

Where you at? Lets get it!

rinse82

Samurai: Sorry, couldn't wait up last night. I think the Kings game started by the time you were done with the Knicks anyways. Let's try again sometime between today and Saturday.

RDreamer: we need to get our game in as well

SamuraiX-

rinse82 said:
Samurai: Sorry, couldn't wait up last night. I think the Kings game started by the time you were done with the Knicks anyways. Let's try again sometime between today and Saturday.

RDreamer: we need to get our game in as well

I might not have time today. Maybe late Friday night. Not sure. If anything, may have to put a hold on it until whenever you're free on Saturday.

New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets (I see you online playing cod!!)

Trying to get at least two games tonight before 12 EST

pistolpete2940 said:
New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets (I see you online playing cod!!)

Trying to get at least two games tonight before 12 EST
play sometime between 8pm-10pm central

Had a great game with pistolpete. Ended up losing, but given the start, it was a good game. If only the 3p percentages were more realistic. (what´s the point with the low % anyway... shouldn´t we bump to 55 or so to get percentages in the 37-42 range? I know i take some bad shots from 3, but hey, i still have a better shot selection than Baron Davis or Rudy Gay, so...

Back to the game, it started 15-1, i called two timeouts in the first quarter and the Nets were blocking even my thoughts. After getting a feel for what the user likes, i made it into a respectable score, and i had many chances to get close in the second half, but nobody can hit a shot from outside to save their lifes.

Chandler has a hitch shot, and like all the players with that kind of shot, it´s terrible online.

Everyone but Amare is on the block, feels free to make offers.

Now i need to play Ecnal and the Bulls, and round two is done.

Smokey said:
man does anybody want to scrim, my opponents are never on for games :/

I would, but there´s a great game on TV (or computer in my case) I´ll be online a lot tomorrow, so if nobody is there to play regular games, i´ll be there to practice.

ecnal

bulls checking in, been busy this week.

smokes, we can get it in whenever -- you know how to get a hold of me.

everyone else:

New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets
Utah Jazz
& Orlando

i might be able to get 1 of you in tonight (if i don't play smokey); otherwise, i'll be available all day tomorrow.

rinse82

SamuraiX- said:
rinse, I just got home. Just let me grab something to eat and I'll hop on in a bit.

GG man, you were on my ass all game till Terry got hot and shot the lights out. Was able to exploit the LeBron-Casspi matchup in the 1st half but you defended it better in the 2nd, so got other guys involved. Ended up having 3 guys with 20 pts. Bosh was money too from 18 feet.

ecnal

isn't he the guy who keeps saying this game is unplayable online? i kinda assumed he was bowing out of the league...

BULLS will be available after 1pm PST.

I´ll be online after 6PM EST.

Have some girl business to finish before. (finally...).

And i don´t know if the quote was for me, but online has been up and down. Some games with very little lag, and some others almost unplayable.

SamuraiX-

DiddyBop, sorry to say but you're gonna have to find a replacement for me. I'm dropping out of the league. My PS3 just YLOD again and I don't feel like opening it up and going through the trouble again just for another week of playing time. I'll probably pick up a new one after my semester is over, so I'll probably look to rejoin whenever you guys boot up Season 2.

Thanks for everything, guys. It's been fun.

DiddyBop

SamuraiX- said:
DiddyBop, sorry to say but you're gonna have to find a replacement for me. I'm dropping out of the league. My PS3 just YLOD again and I don't feel like opening it up and going through the trouble again just for another week of playing time. I'll probably pick up a new one after my semester is over, so I'll probably look to rejoin whenever you guys boot up Season 2.

Thanks for everything, guys. It's been fun.
Ok np man, we'll for sure send you a PM once season 2 rolls around

DCX

DCX
seattle6418 said:
Had a great game with pistolpete. Ended up losing, but given the start, it was a good game. If only the 3p percentages were more realistic. (what´s the point with the low % anyway... shouldn´t we bump to 55 or so to get percentages in the 37-42 range? I know i take some bad shots from 3, but hey, i still have a better shot selection than Baron Davis or Rudy Gay, so...

Back to the game, it started 15-1, i called two timeouts in the first quarter and the Nets were blocking even my thoughts. After getting a feel for what the user likes, i made it into a respectable score, and i had many chances to get close in the second half, but nobody can hit a shot from outside to save their lifes.

Chandler has a hitch shot, and like all the players with that kind of shot, it´s terrible online.

Everyone but Amare is on the block, feels free to make offers.

Now i need to play Ecnal and the Bulls, and round two is done.
He is horrible, unless you use him in slashing/driving situations he pretty much blows in 2K. I traded him in a package to acquire Jamal Crawford...best thing i did :) 360 league btw.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
He is horrible, unless you use him in slashing/driving situations he pretty much blows in 2K. I traded him in a package to acquire Jamal Crawford...best thing i did :) 360 league btw.

DCX

you mean swindled

ecnal

vs NYK
@ MIL (pretty sure this dude quit)
vs NO
@ DAL
vs UTA

if you take DAL/NYK out of the equation, my other 3 opponents have played a staggering 3/15 games this week.

SOMEONE GET AT ME.

Smokey

ecnal said:
vs NYK
@ MIL (pretty sure this dude quit)
vs NO
@ DAL
vs UTA

if you take DAL/NYK out of the equation, my other 3 opponents have played a staggering 3/15 games this week.

SOMEONE GET AT ME.
I'll be home in a bit

i have some free time now, camon people lets play some games. from 15th to the 22nd i'll be on a trip, so i'll try to get as many games as possible.

since its saturday we can play our week 3 games right?

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
Yea turn out for games have been pathetic. Wanna scrim smokey?

Just finished playing my game against ecnal, and my gf wants to use Netflix now :/

Is this advancing tonight?

rinse82

Smokey said:
Just finished playing my game against ecnal, and my gf wants to use Netflix now :/

Is this advancing tonight?

supposed to, even if it doesnt officially advance, you could still play the week 3 games

Top Bottom