• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K11 PS3 League | Season 1 | Real Money. Real Talk

ecnal

viakado said:
ok. i've spoken to the people that are leaving, only one is leaving (Bucks).
And after much conversation with people, it seems like an overwhelming vote to flex the rest of the season.
So im going to go ahead and allow flex scheduling throughout the regular season.
Im setting a tentative date deadline date of Dec. 31, 2010 @ 11:59pm pst.
any games not played will be randomized.

Playoffs should start a few days afterwards.

how do you have a PPG cap but you're gonna sim games--where the stats are factored in to players' season stats--and fuck up stats?

ecnal said:
how do you have a PPG cap but you're gonna sim games--where the stats are factored in to players' season stats--and fuck up stats?
simple. any player over the cap at the end of the season, those simmed games will not go towards their PPG cap.
since pretty much everyone will make the playoffs (lol), maybe we should revise the penalty to where you lose homecourt or something like that.

ecnal

viakado said:
simple. any player over the cap at the end of the season, those simmed games will not go towards their PPG cap.
since pretty much everyone will make the playoffs (lol), maybe we should revise the penalty to where you lose homecourt or something like that.

PPG cap should be eliminated.

there's really no reason for it, and it's still gonna allow people to average way over the PPG cap and then tank to average out the numbers -- since there's no repercussions for tanking since everyone makes the playoffs, lulz.

i don't understand the logic behind PPG cap because it doesn't really stop any kind of 1 player abuse: you can still drop 90 in a game if you want, PPG over a 30 game season can easily be manipulated to meet the cap, and it doesn't stop people from abusing a player.

ecnal said:
PPG cap should be eliminated.

there's really no reason for it, and it's still gonna allow people to average way over the PPG cap and then tank to average out the numbers -- since there's no repercussions for tanking since everyone makes the playoffs, lulz.

i don't understand the logic behind PPG cap because it doesn't really stop any kind of 1 player abuse: you can still drop 90 in a game if you want, PPG over a 30 game season can easily be manipulated to meet the cap, and it doesn't stop people from abusing a player.
of course there's a reason for it. and a valid one at that. To lessen the abuse komeball.
And by looking at the current ppg stat, its acting more of a deterrent.
The only flaw now is the harshness of the penalty since only 1 will miss the playoff.
thats why im bringing up revising the penalty.
If the playoffs started today, you'd be booted out.:lol

ecnal

if the playoffs started today, i would have already had a 0 point game w/ rose.

seriously, it doesn't stop anything.

i can drop 50 a game and the next score 0, and ill be below the ppg cap. i can do that the entire season.

it's dumb.

PS: take over the 6ers in the 360 league, i have a deal for you :D

ecnal

iyh34n.gif

People should tell us when they will give a break on Black Ops. Everytime i go online all my friends are playing it:lol

Situation won´t be easier with GT5 coming out...

I´ll be the one missing then :D

ecnal

seattle6418 said:
People should tell us when they will give a break on Black Ops. Everytime i go online all my friends are playing it:lol

Situation won´t be easier with GT5 coming out...

I´ll be the one missing then :D

you wont be the only one...

:lol

man, league hasn't been active since last week.
are we really on life support now?
if it stays like this for another week,
i think its best to either restructure league to a tournament
or kill this bitch all together.
and if that's the case, i'll refund everyone's paypal.

Ps-with GT5 coming next week, a few of us 2kers are gonna form a 2k team for GT league,
who's interested here?

right now its ecnal, smokey, nightz, and myself.

EekTheKat

Bit OT, but figure I'd drop this in here :

NBA 2k11's 3dtv mode is 30fps. Least it's considerably slower than the 2d game on the default broadcast camera.

3d effect has an intensity + depth slider. Also offers 2 color glasses 3d modes in addition to 3dtv mode. Don't have red+blue glasses to test the anaglyph 3d though.

2d elements seem to have strange issues being rendered in 3d, least they seem like they're flickering quite a bit - but I haven't played with the 3d sliders all that much yet.

I´m a Gran Turismo nut, i´ll be playing the shit out of that game. Count me in for the team.

About the 2k season... what can we do to improve the situation?

(haven´t had any luck finding opponents last couple of times i signed in on PSN).

Shurs

viakado said:
Ps-with GT5 coming next week, a few of us 2kers are gonna form a 2k team for GT league,
who's interested here?

right now its ecnal, smokey, nightz, and myself.

'Sup.

Smokey

seattle6418 said:
I´m a Gran Turismo nut, i´ll be playing the shit out of that game. Count me in for the team.

About the 2k season... what can we do to improve the situation?

(haven´t had any luck finding opponents last couple of times i signed in on PSN).

it's a wrap, all the hot action is on 360 as usual

cool:

here's the head count for the 2k team, currently dubbed "2K Runners" <----love that name btw.

viakado
smokey
ecnal
nightz
dcx
reilo
seattle6418
shurs

if our team gets too big, we can have an alpha team, beta team, etc.
seattle, shurs, are you guys getting the wheel?

And as for 2k league, no one is playing. i think its safe to assume its done. i'll give it a couple more weeks before i refund paypals.

viakado said:
cool:

here's the head count for the 2k team, currently dubbed "2K Runners" <----love that name btw.

viakado
smokey
ecnal
nightz
dcx
reilo
seattle6418
shurs

And as for 2k league, no one is playing. i think its safe to assume its done. i'll give it a couple more weeks before i refund paypals.

I have a G25 that i bought for Prologue. All i need to receive now is my new wheelstand (i moved to a small place, cockpit didn´t fit), and the copy of the game, which should arrive by mail until friday.

As for the league, it doesn´t need to die. People just need to give Black Ops a break every now and then:lol

btothekw

viakado said:
cool:

viakado
smokey
ecnal
nightz
dcx
reilo
seattle6418
shurs

im down to be part of team, not sure how good i will be but im interested

btothekw said:
im down to be part of team, not sure how good i will be but im interested
cool. maybe we can divide up the team based on class (premium/standard).
And maybe some kind of time trial/preliminaries for each racer. top two time gets to race. if one is absent for the race, we'll simply go down the time list.

viakado
smokey
ecnal
nightz
dcx
reilo
seattle6418
shurs
btothekw

rinse82 said:
so....i guess refunds? :lol
league can still be salvaged!
:(
if not i'll refund the remaining next week.

-----------------------------------------------------
2k runners,
does everyone have the game now?
let's do some racing together!
whats a good time for everyone?:D

RIP 2k league.

I got the refund.

GT5 + Black Ops were too much to handle.

I´m down for a playoff whenever you guys decide to run.

all paypal payments have been refunded.

pistolpete2940 said:
I got GT brahs, let me know when you guys play. Im not any good though
great, now get the wheel! are you down to play league?
i wonder if we have enough people from both leagues and nba-age to form our own league.
that would be great. :lol

viakado said:
Since u probably have more experience than any of us with gt. Would you be willing to be commish for our 2k gt league?
seattle6418 said:
How would it work?

I think i can do it no problem, just let me know the details.

viakado said:
i suppose it would just be the same as metalmurphy's league with the reasonably price cars? this is where your expertise would come in handy. if me and smokey headed this league, we both know it'll be a train wreck as we dont know how GT league works.
i can give you the list of players that will participate. what else would you need?
seattle6418 said:
Cool, i can test cars, combinations and stuff. You just need to tell me when and what you guys need. When does it start, what types of cars you guys like, that kind of stuff.

Also, some people are already running some 16 player races where one of the guys is basically the pace car and just goes there to monitor the field.

I´ll start playing online once the single player grinding is over. I´m trying to hurry up and get things done because i know the meat of the game is the online side, and i want to have a full garage to enjoy.

Leagues can work by being time trials or races, it´s up to the 2k runners to decide.

Anyway, if you need anything, just PM me.

viakado said:
should we create a new thread so everyone involved can chime in? or recycle or the old ps3 league thread. i'd like everyone to get this conversation more public.
seattle6418 said:
I guess a new thread would get more attention. Something like "2k runners GT5 series" or anything like it. I don´t know if everybody would see if it´s posted in the old league thread.
seattle6418 said:
The thread... i´m sorry, but i suck with computers. Barely managed to get links to pics in some forums. I´m really terrible at doing this, unless it´s text only. So i think i´ll pass the honors...

We´re still a month or so away, so there´s time to figure out something, and also sort out the details so it´s not just a copy from the competition metalmurphy is hosting.

About the game, i already have some duplicate models, so i send some for the 2k gang. Everybody will need some assistence because the game is really cheap with credits.
viakado said:
alright. just give me the text for the op (rules, regulations, cars schedule,etc) and i'll create the art and structure it for the OP for you.
quick question, is it going to be a weekly event?
like on a sunday or something? and how long does it usually last?
seattle6418 said:
Interesting development: Mush said that due to personal reasons he won´t be able to run the league... so maybe we can run with those SuperGT cars, since everyone seems to love them...

Just another idea to discuss. I was thinking on weekly races, a bit less than an hour, or maybe something like 3 rounds of 15 minutes. Could be sunday afternoon before the classic Lakers game or something like it. I know most of us watch the games, so i was thinking on a schedule that won´t interfere with hoops games, (NFL playoffs will be almost over if we start this after GT Academy).

I think our group is rather small, so once the thread is up, people can give their ideas so we won´t impose something that might not please everybody.

Maybe we can open this discussion to the public in the old 2k PS3 thread and then just post the OP once we agree on how and when we are going to run?

I think it´s a way to hear everyones opinion without starting a "placeholder" thread.
ok gents, let's have an open forum tdiscussion on scheduling, preferred type of cars, rules, regulations, etc before we fire up the OT.

for now here are the list of participants:
viakado
smokey
ecnal
dcx
nightx
omiee
rjnaverrette
pistolpete
rinse
shawn
seattle
btothekw
reilo
baby milo

i do believe a couple more might join us later.
so the main questions to ask everybody is:
best time to race? (sunday afternoon perhaps?)
types of cars?
modifications allowed?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Types of cars... how about we keep it to premiums only for under a certain dollar amount? I like keeping it to premiums simply because there are some standard cars that are already crazily tuned for cheap. Like my '86 Mugen Civic that I won from one of the championship races would eat a lot of premiums' dust without me putting any money into it.

Sunday evenings would work for me, too.

Smokey said:
I AM READY
thx for your contribution you skank ho.
reilo said:
Types of cars... how about we keep it to premiums only for under a certain dollar amount? I like keeping it to premiums simply because there are some standard cars that are already crazily tuned for cheap. Like my '86 Mugen Civic that I won from one of the championship races would eat a lot of premiums' dust without me putting any money into it.

Sunday evenings would work for me, too.
i'd prefer to use premium cars as well.
as for a good time slot, later sunday afternoon works best for me (PST)

Omiee

i have this idea, i dont know if u guys will like it. but if we have 16 guys devide them in teams of 2.
and have each member or the team race in another category ( sorry for mispelling ).
meaning say i am person a and my budy is person b, im racing the super gt cars againts 7 others, and my team mate is racing stock cars or something.
we could do that again with nascars etc etc.
also if u need any help with the OT let me know. or pm me for my gmail.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Even though I haven't participated in a 2Kxx League, I'm down for a GT League. Premiums, and weekday evenings (EST) work best for me.

Omiee said:
i have this idea, i dont know if u guys will like it. but if we have 16 guys devide them in teams of 2.
and have each member or the team race in another category ( sorry for mispelling ).
meaning say i am person a and my budy is person b, im racing the super gt cars againts 7 others, and my team mate is racing stock cars or something.
we could do that again with nascars etc etc.
also if u need any help with the OT let me know. or pm me for my gmail.
i actually like this idea. so that if teammate A is not available that day, teammate B can do both races. also, whats the best time for you to race?
and if you want to do the honors of creating the OP please do so. Seattle, just pm him the details.:D
DrFunk said:
Even though I haven't participated in a 2Kxx League, I'm down for a GT League. Premiums, and weekday evenings (EST) work best for me.
cool man.
we just need one more now to have a full 16 or 2-man 8 teams.

Good, i´ll talk to him later on tonight.

I was also thinking of doing 3 races of 20 minutes on our sundays, starting with slower cars and finishing the last race with a reasonably cheap race car. (thinking of the GT300 SuperGT cars for example).

Are you guys sure you only want premium cars? We might end up repeating a lot if that´s the case... or maybe opening up for the standards once we raced most of the premiums.

About the three races of 20 minutes thing, it´s because i raced before in some series where it was one hour+, and after a while it gets boring. So the lenght of the races can´t be too short or too long.

Let´s see if the update next week let´s us race on created tracks. That would make things a lot more interesting.

Omiee said:
anyone up for a trackday today or tomorrow to practice and see if everything works before sunday.

I´m up, we need to get things tested, even thou the "2k runners sundays" won´t be starting so soon (gives people time to get the cars, run GT Academy...) it would be good to test some scenarios.

I´ll be home and on PSN right after the Mavs x Suns game, or just after the 76ers x Lakers.

Is there a GT league thread?

I think it's fair to say that Kados abilities as a commish have been a far bigger failure than anyone could have ever imagined. It would have been enough for his league to just fail, but he's literally refunding people their money back and has derailed his own league thread into something completely unrelated to NBA 2k.

Dark FaZe said:

I think it's fair to say that Kados abilities as a commish have been a far bigger failure than anyone could have ever imagined. It would have been enough for his league to just fail, but he's literally refunding people their money back and has derailed his own league thread into something completely unrelated to NBA 2k.
You'd rather have him keep the cash? If it fell apart, it feel apart. Just remember for the next season or game.

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
You'd rather have him keep the cash? If it fell apart, it feel apart. Just remember for the next season or game.

Everybody knew Kado would give the money back...but it's not a coincidence that it has taken as long as it has. Basically that money funded his weekly ambien and vicodin fixes until he got his unemployment check to finally pay you guys back this week!

Dark FaZe said:

how are the playoffs going for you?
it'll be kinda pathetic that pheeniks might surpass you in the playoff push.

We'll see if he gets back K-B-24 points in 24 shots Bryant in the playoffs, but regardless, I'll be waiting with a weeks worth of chilling and scouting :)

If he does beat me...which is possible...just give him the chip, because it will mean that he's become an absolute god at 2k.

Top Bottom