• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

ViciousDS

Banned
Did anybody else pre-order via Best Buy? Are you getting an expected delivery of Wednesday, Sept 30th too?

This is complete bullshit.

how late did you pre-order? mine last week said I could have had it today via shipping, but my rule of thumb is always on site to in store when doing best buy......or pre-order early enough for same day delivery.

From what I see so far, these high school games are pointless. Yeah sure, the novelty is near but if you were trying to emphasize recruitment then just let us play the state championship game. One game and you could add way more story to it.

From what I see so far, these high school games are pointless. Yeah sure, the novelty is near but if you were trying to emphasize recruitment then just let us play the state championship game. One game and you could add way more story to it.
Agreed and I don't like FOUR college games either. Feels like overkill to me.

Into

What are your options when it comes to what team you can go to?

Last year, you could do the tryouts at decent amount of NBA teams, is that still the case?

I know its "realistic" that you just get drafted and that's it, but its a game, let me play for teams i kinda like and players i enjoy.

I kinda want to play for the Kangs', me and Boogie going for the ship

ViciousDS

Banned
This damn women who comes to my house every morning and car pools with me decides she wants to go to SAMs club after work....which is in the exact opposite direction of Best Buy.....ffuuuccckkkk longer wait!

Damn mothers! Should have drove separate today lol

Tubobutts

What are your options when it comes to what team you can go to?

Last year, you could do the tryouts at decent amount of NBA teams, is that still the case?

I know its "realistic" that you just get drafted and that's it, but its a game, let me play for teams i kinda like and players i enjoy.

I kinda want to play for the Kangs', me and Boogie going for the ship

You just get drafted with no choice. I don't know if/when you can ask for a trade.

Where did you guys fall in the draft? I went 8th to the pistons. Lost the NCAA title game too.

I went 10th to the Heat. Won the college championship, but didn't play great.

Just started My Career.

Is there seriously no way to play any longer than 2 min quarters while in High School? I was enjoying it, loved the high school atmosphere and the feeling of just dominating the game, then its all over.

hbkdx12

Where did you guys fall in the draft? I went 8th to the pistons. Lost the NCAA title game too.

9th to the hornets. Went to Uconn. played poorly first two games but did better last two and won the championship

Is there seriously no way to play any longer than 2 min quarters while in High School? I was enjoying it, loved the high school atmosphere and the feeling of just dominating the game, then its all over.
nope

I'm holding off really doing much until the pre-order bonus issue gets fixed...hopefully I get to play some of you in a game or two on PC for fun

how late did you pre-order? mine last week said I could have had it today via shipping, but my rule of thumb is always on site to in store when doing best buy......or pre-order early enough for same day delivery.

I ordered last week, I think Thursday?

After the debacle with the Mad Max Steelbook preorders, I decided against in-store pickup (got the Jordan edition).

Can't win.

ViciousDS

Banned
I ordered last week, I think Thursday?

After the debacle with the Mad Max Steelbook preorders, I decided against in-store pickup (got the Jordan edition).

Can't win.

Sadly I think you needed to expedite the shipment to get it today, because Tuesday normal release was free

Most likely because 2k didn't give Best Buy the orders till yesterday. Unlike normal games where they are actually holding the copies for almost two weeks at times.

Look at what happened on some GTA V orders with even Gamestop because of their shipment methods, some of the people at our midnight had to wait for the rest of the shipment in the morning because RockStar shorted copies up front at the midnight release. The truck literally delivered them at 6 in the afternoon. It's a publisher thing

It put a smile on my face when I was practicing plays with the Bulls this morning and "Cult of Personality" started playing in the background

cHinzo

Got my game to work finally. Got drafted by the Pistons as the 8th pick. Gonna enjoy a season full or despressing losses lol.

Shady859

Can you demand trades like in the normal career mode after your rookie year? I'm a 6'9" balanced PF and went 17th to the Bucks (55 rating). That's almost as disgusting as having these terrible college choices. Dominated HS games but lost my college debut and threw the championship game on purpose. I did have nice stats but threw it because piss on Louisville I only went there to see if they had a digital Rick Pitino. Usually play PG so I had plans of another character anyway.

I have a feeling that this will probably be the last time 2K does a scripted story like this. I haven't played through it all but it's just really silly I have a black twin sister...

It's a step forward as far as story goes but it just doesn't seem like MyCareer. It's Freq's story.

ViciousDS

Banned
Just picked my copy up from Best Buy and it did not have a sticker that another gaffer mentioned for early tip off edition. But my code was sitting inside the case

Shady859

I have a feeling that this will probably be the last time 2K does a scripted story like this. I haven't played through it all but it's just really silly I have a black twin sister...

It's a step forward as far as story goes but it just doesn't seem like MyCareer. It's Freq's story.

I didn't wanna be the one to tell you
but WE are adopted.
I'm a huge lightest shade white man with the biggest red beard and facial hair combo available.

Sandfox

Aren't they fraternal twins through?

Justified

After your rookie season, if you go to the mycareer tab in the 2k menu in mycareer mode you can give yourself a secondary nickname (something other than "Freq")

Coolade

PC owner. Haven't gotten my VC or packs for pre ordering either. Support gave useless guide for refreshing steam when they know that has nothing to do with it. Disabling SLI and vysnc should fix your performance issues.

Are servers jacked or not up until official release?

I think they are having a lot of issues right now...I still haven't got any of the pre-order bonuses on Steam even though it says it's installed (others have the same issue)...the 2K Store has had problems all day...VC is glitching out for people...server issues...etc etc etc

Zukkoyaki

Booted up my career and I'm a couple of games into the rookie season. I have skipped every single cutscene thus far because I couldn't care less haha.

My guy is a 6'4 balanced shooting guard and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit so far! Got drafted at 13 by the Phoenix Suns and I can already tell that the teammate AI is at least a little better in this game than the last few. It's also more realistic (Brandon Knight be chucking left and right haha).

ViciousDS

Banned
Booted up my career and I'm a couple of games into the rookie season. I have skipped every single cutscene thus far because I couldn't care less haha.

My guy is a 6'4 balanced shooting guard and I'm enjoying myself quite a bit so far! Got drafted at 13 by the Phoenix Suns and I can already tell that the teammate AI is at least a little better in this game than the last few. It's also more realistic (Brandon Knight be chucking left and right haha).

Yes, but when Brandon gets hot....he can score.....I loved him with the bucks

Edit: game took about 20 minutes to install 50GB onto my SSD....not that bad but I feel for those with the standard drive. 2k14 when it came out on launch day took fucking forever!

newsguy

This one is gonna take some adjusting to. The pace of the game is so much slower than 15. Just doing a play now on pro it's almost impossible to get past my defender. Going to need to adjust or start messing with sliders, but right now feels a bit sluggish.

Miracle

Question: is it possible to get drafted 1st or 2nd overall in my career? In my first try, I got drafted 7th overall by the Nuggets. And I saw a YouTube video of a guy getting drafted at 4 by the Knicks.

I want to try and get drafted at 2 by the Lakers but wanted to know if it was possible?

ViciousDS

Banned
Question: is it possible to get drafted 1st or 2nd overall in my career? In my first try, I got drafted 7th overall by the Nuggets. And I saw a YouTube video of a guy getting drafted at 4 by the Knicks.

I want to try and get drafted at 2 by the Lakers but wanted to know if it was possible?

Depends on team needs as well don't forget that

Miracle

Depends on team needs as well don't forget that

Well my first try guy is a small forward and I know for a fact the Lakers need that lol.

Although how does it work? Does the needs come BEFORE the draft or after? For example, the Lakers needed a center BEFORE they acquired Hibbert but not after.

cHinzo

Well it's only 8 games first season from what I read

The Pistons are suprisingly good lol. Even won against the Clippers somehow. I'm not really feeling my jumper though. Keep releasing it a bit too late.

Also, lol at the 'Be The Story' part. I can't even make any decisions in the story. Would have ditched the gold digger gf of him and I couldn't care less to stay with the Pistons, because that owner is such a douche. :') Oh well, a couple more games to go.

jmizzal

I do like the short HS games, I mean you can get your stats in that time period, I just went to college havent played yet, G-Town baby

Miracle

Holy fuck, rebounding is sssooo good with ball tracking. Your guy actually stretches and reaches for those balls....XD

I know right!? My tall center I just created...can out rebound guys who are smaller than me!?

Holy shit! They finally fixed it! Yay! XD

I created now a 7'3 Center and will just try and get as many points as I can to see if I can go at least 2nd in the draft.

just got through playing on Superstar/Sim...apparently you're not supposed to be able to make a layup...ever

or I just suck that bad

oh, and Bradley Beal...please for once just make one g-d shot (couldn't make a shot to save his damn life)

So the fastest you can make your MyPlayer is a 94 but you have to be a 5'7 PG. A 6'7 PG gets capped at 84 while a 6'6 SG gets capped at 78.

Guess anything other than a PG is going to get beat by every other player in the game because they're all freaking faster.

Smokey

12030557_1684862335080590_2171338844933557423_o.jpg

Is retirement an option -_-

Top Bottom