• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

ViciousDS

Banned
PS4 MyPark voice chat is still broken.Only can chat on the "Got Next" spot, and not on the court

whats the input delay like? If its still trash playing online....I'm not even going to bother with MyPark yet again and only have fun with GAF private matches

Woke up today thinking I could play 2K. Nope, 82%. My internet isn't this bad I swear.

11 hours estimated for 7 GB. I blame PSN for this one. I'm hard wired too.

Try using GoogleDNS and MTU of 1473 when setting up the internet on the PS4. My download speeds jumped tremendously.

Try using GoogleDNS and MTU of 1473 when setting up the internet on the PS4. My download speeds jumped tremendously.

I'll have to check this out because this DL is irritating me. Reminds me of when I ordered NBA 2k15 last year on PC and steam wouldn't even let me download until like 4 days later. Or was that 2k14. Eh.

Edit: it's working so far. Estimated time is now 70. Thanks for this!

I'll have to check this out because this DL is irritating me. Reminds me of when I ordered NBA 2k15 last year on PC and steam wouldn't even let me download until like 4 days later. Or was that 2k14. Eh.

Give it a shot. It was like that for me except I tried to DL the Destiny update. 14 gbs. After making that change, I was able to get it all under 40 minutes.

ViciousDS

Banned

also don't use rest mode.....its broken, sit in the games information screen(options on 2k16 icon and hit information.) on a fresh boot or the download tab on a fresh boot......also make sure any other app no matter what it is, is closed.

The fact they won't give a straight answer on why the pre-order bonuses aren't showing up on PC is frustrating...obviously there has to be something going on

theRizzle

Is there any patch to download for PS4? I'm close to my bandwidth cap so wondering if I'll be able to play right away or wait until my internet rolls over.

JohngPR

My amazing gf has installed my game while I was at work she's a keeper :D

That is extremely cool of her.

I'm trying to create my player but the tattoo category isn't working on PS4. Anyone else have this problem? I was able to scan my face and was able to get a great scan. It took a few tries though...make sure to follow the directions to the letter.

Misterhbk

Damn these controls are different. Simple things like backing my man down in the post have forced me to lose the ball trying to figure or how it works this time around. -_- I'll get there though.

v1ncelis

Haven't bought digital game on PS4 for a while and probably that's why I forgot how awful download speeds are on PSN.
This what I did to make it download a bit faster:
Pause and start download again (x)
Going in stand by mode (x)
Changing MTU (x)
Restarting console (x)
Network test (✓)
Finally. Sony should just put step by step guide in every game description on how to activate proper downloading.

The game isn't even playable on PC. Everything moves in slowmotion.

I have the PC version...

i5-4690K
R9 290X 4GB VRAM
16GB RAM
nothing OC'd

1080p, All of the settings at High or On but I had to back down the AA and AA Quality settings to about midway each (AA 4 and AA Quality 8) and that made things smooth for me outside of a jittery opening lineups part. I left the Super-Sample AA at 1. Runs at 60 FPS for me.

ViciousDS

Banned
wait.....they finally made starting lineups permanent and not random anymore? please tell me so! Because I would love for official starting lineup styles. Bulls and Benny in the middle of the dark arena waving the flag.....and sirius hits.....hhnnggg

It seems like the face scan tries to mute out your facial hair this year. I kinda liked having that level of detail behind 2Ks as it adds another layer for me.

Guess I gotta keep doing it until I get one I like.

wait.....they finally made starting lineups permanent and not random anymore? please tell me so! Because I would love for official starting lineup styles. Bulls and Benny in the middle of the dark arena waving the flag.....and sirius hits.....hhnnggg

Sirius isn't in the game as far as I know

I meant there's a glitch/bug (?) when the game puts up the lineups before tip-off and the video gets jittery for a couple seconds

ViciousDS

Banned
Sirius isn't in the game as far as I know

I meant there's a glitch/bug (?) when the game puts up the lineups before tip-off and the video gets jittery for a couple seconds

huh, it was last game.....was really hoping they would have nailed starting lineups. Like the Cav's new floor with the giant ass TV and projections on the court.

damn it

Smokey

Gamefly sent out the x1 copy to me today. Playing ps4 in the meantime.

Kind of miss playing 2k on xbox so this is a good alternative.

Ridill

Weird how many are having download issues. I preordered and downloaded nba2k16 yesterday, within 4 hours...(300mbps but I'm sure it was not going that fast...)

Anyone else that ordered digitally get their preorder incentives? I think I got the 10K coins but I can't seem to find if j got the 3 emerald packs. I looked in my team and saw for packs and 3 of them said "preorder bonus" but all I got was one gold card out of it and it wasn't even a player.

ohNOitsRO

Has anyone gotten the face scan to work on the ps4? I did it just fine last year but for some reason I'm just getting crazy amalgamations of garbage this year..

Just finished my first game with a buzzer beater by Marc Gasol! I may have been a bit too excited by it. Also the crowd is really good this year. It felt like the crowd was very dynamic!

Tubobutts

Yea, it's annoying that they've changed the post up buton

I really don't understand why they seem to change the controls every year. I can't get alley oops to work and half the time I pass the ball instead of posting up. And then I forget you have to hold the button down to keep backing them down.

Has anyone gotten the face scan to work on the ps4? I did it just fine last year but for some reason I'm just getting crazy amalgamations of garbage this year..

Just did mine and it turned out really bad the first time. Alien level. Just make sure you have really good lighting and try not to move your head up or down so that your "eye level" doesn't get thrown off because that screws everything up lol. Like I had eyes on my cheeks, it was so bad. Pretend you're following a straight line with your head, not your eyes.

Edit: I tried to see how the speed ratings worked and at 6'2 PG I'm capped at 86 speed. Went to check as a 6'8 SF and that was like 70ish. I'm guessing it's capped that low for your HS games? I hope so because 86 is really low unless the speed ratings this year are really different. Matter of fact, I'm gonna check those now.

Edit2: Just checked and the fastest player is John Wall at 97. Next is Russel with 96. Lebrun has 86 speed. Not too many 90s in the speed category but Jeff Teague is slower than Kyle Lowry? Right.

Caffeine

s̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶d̶l̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶:̶(̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶2̶5̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶.̶

oh its a locker code lmao

ohNOitsRO

You can use historic teams in myleague mode (season/association)

Just did mine and it turned out really bad the first time. Alien level. Just make sure you have really good lighting and try not to move your head up or down so that your "eye level" doesn't get thrown off because that screws everything up lol. Like I had eyes on my cheeks, it was so bad. Pretend you're following a straight line with your head, not your eyes.

Edit: I tried to see how the speed ratings worked and at 6'2 PG I'm capped at 86 speed. Went to check as a 6'8 SF and that was like 70ish. I'm guessing it's capped that low for your HS games? I hope so because 86 is really low unless the speed ratings this year are really different. Matter of fact, I'm gonna check those now.

Edit2: Just checked and the fastest player is John Wall at 97. Next is Russel with 96. Lebrun has 86 speed. Not too many 90s in the speed category but Jeff Teague is slower than Kyle Lowry? Right.

Dude I'm completely still, I've done it at least 13 times... The lighting is great, 14,000 reference points, great rated scan and I get a goonie

I just don't understand what the shit is going on

Dude I'm completely still, I've done it at least 13 times... The lighting is great, 14,000 reference points, great rated scan and I get a goonie

I just don't understand what the shit is going on

Is your lighting coming from the front of your face? I usually get problems with scans when one side of my face is brighter than the other. That's all I can really think of since my scan came out fine the 2ns time and I only had like 11k reference points. My best scan in 15 was 9k reference points.

Oh I almost forgot about background. Background messes with the scan too. If it clashes with your skin tone too much then the scan gets confused.

ohNOitsRO

Is your lighting coming from the front of your face? I usually get problems with scans when one side of my face is brighter than the other. That's all I can really think of since my scan came out fine the 2ns time and I only had like 11k reference points. My best scan in 15 was 9k reference points.

Oh I almost forgot about background. Background messes with the scan too. If it clashes with your skin tone too much then the scan gets confused.

As it collects reference points it looks great, then it applies it to the actual model and it's just this brown mush, this is getting really annoying

Played one game so far, and I feel like I do every year after my first game in the new 2K.... I don't know wtf I'm doing in terms of controls. Hard to get a read on how I feel about the game until I master the changes they've made to the controls.

How is the PC version? I heard there were performance issues?

The game feels much more grounded so to speak, more realistic and less "quick". It was tough for me to adjust to first game, but new 2K usually takes a good 10 games to kick into gear.

Top Bottom