• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Anyone know if the PC version is the same as the PS4 and Xbox1 versions in terms of gameplay and graphics?

Also how is online play? I only have money for either NBA2K or Fifa 16 right now and as I mostly play online I would like to know if there's a lot of input lag or strong lack of responsiveness?

Z3M0G

The Whole Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FhaBqxEdM

Written, and Directed by Spike Lee; Starts in a high school setting, with the star preparing to make his mark on the game of basketball. The gym setting will give you flashbacks to the glory days, enjoying the painted bricks being covered by District Championships. From there, you’ll make your college choice. Visual Concepts licensed 10 major colleges for the game. Next up is the NBA Draft.

Woah... what?

I can't believe I'm actually considering buying another NBA 2K game...

Price - Standard: $59.99 / 59,99€ / $79.99cdn

WHY

DMczaf

Well, highlights are broken on PS4 for quarters longer than the default....for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW.

The fuck?!?

I remember when there was a slow down bug during free throws like 4 years in a row. Every year they would have to patch it.

2K Magik

Z3M0G

Do people expect to need to start this one in Offline mode to not lose access to their career once the servers are shut down?

Did they handle that differently in 2K15?

Read about some others in here having downloading problems. I bought the pre-order edition yesterday on Xbox One around 2pm. Woke up this morning around 4:30am to feed the baby and decided to hop in and play some before work. After 14 hours, it was only at 44% so I only got to play the Cavs/Warriors not-fully-installed game. After about 30 minutes, it was up to 55%, so not sure what's going on with it. Hopefully it's done by the time I get off work.

This is on a 50/5 connection btw, which is having no problems at the moment.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Most likely a raw deal. It'll have the same or better graphics, but most of the stuff like servers, updates etc will be ignored like they have for the past few years.

I'd love for 2k to prove me wrong, but their track record says otherwise

Updates weren't too bad with last year's version...at least when it came to rosters.

If you have a decent PC and don't care about offline, I'm guessing the PC version will be fine.

ron_bato

Is there no tutorial mode anymore? smh

Unless I'm missing something, there's no tutorial mode -_-

In a year where they changed a lot of the controls again, and they changed a bunch of the systems, we are left with the very bare bones 2k video tutorial on shooting, dribbling, passing and myteam.

Edit:

One thing I love this year is that the CPU is taking a bunch of threes, almost as much as me.

Also, when you collapse on someone's drive, they actually kick it out to the open guy for a three.

cripterion

Man I'm done trying to fiddle with this shit to make it all work nicely, the pc version is fucked.

Putting this in the backburner (as I can't get a refund anymore). Going back to FIFA 16 which feels much better, way more polished.

Morzak

I'm really not a fan of the direction that Mycareer is taking. More Interaction is great but at this point it's just a Story of "Frequency Vibrations" with you're player model inserted (and it gets slightly weird if you're not black). The story is pure cheese at least the voice acting is a huge step up from last year. The Highschool games are a huge joke and waste of time. The college games aren't much better and it never feels like you're playing for the national/state championship. it's just 7 wasted games where you don't earn anything. And now you have to play 8 NBA games before you can do anything at least that is what it looks like now.....

I really dislike the change on the quick menus during games with the D-Pad, the substitutions are not intuitive and randomly don't save the changes.

As for the bugs:
- Performance is sketchy but for me not as bad as others are reporting.
- Performance during replays is pure shit.
- Highlight plays are not working at all, showing just random stuff
- Commentary cuts out for a big part of the games, when commentary is there it feels disjointed.
- Game crashed twice on me in 4h

And oh boy that Intro is something else....... who the fuck came up with that shit...

ViciousDS

Banned
sounds like you guys got screwed on the PC version yet again at launch. At this point I don't even think 2K tries to make there version work on PC at first.

Glad I got the PS4 version instead....its the same performance shit every year on PC.

Bullza2o

I researched what's new with this version over 2K15 and decided last minute (literally before midnight last night) to preorder the Early Tip-Off edition on Amazon. I hope to get it this weekend as it's preparing shipment, but the expected delivery date is September 30. I have Prime, so it should be 2 day shipping.

I'd like to play with 2K PS4 GAF! PSN: BladeofAura

anyone else get the regular edition on Steam and have no VC or Packs show up?

it says I have the pre-order content installed but when I start the game nothing is there

Brinbe

This is fucking amazing... Like being able to actually play D makes this game so much easier and enjoyable.

psn id: brinbe if anyone wants to add me.

realwords

This is fucking amazing... Like being able to actually play D makes this game so much easier and enjoyable.

Defense feels so much more fluid. This is my first time playing a big man MyCareer (Power Forward) and I feel like I'm dominant in the paint.

DomLando

I picked up my PS4 copy this morning. For the 10,000 VC points and whatever else you were supposed to get for pre-ordering, was there a code in the case for that? I opened up my copy and there was no code. I do not know if Best Buy screwed up but do the early tip off editions indicate that anywhere on the boxart?

ViciousDS

Banned

Defense feels so much more fluid. This is my first time playing a big man MyCareer (Power Forward) and I feel like I'm dominant in the paint.

even though I'm going with a 6'1 point guard I heard blocking even feels good with them

hurry the hell up work day!

I picked up my PS4 copy this morning. For the 10,000 VC points and whatever else you were supposed to get for pre-ordering, was there a code in the case for that? I opened up my copy and there was no code. I do not know if Best Buy screwed up but do the early tip off editions indicate that anywhere on the boxart?

its usually delivered via email if you ordered on site to store.

Justified

Yea I got the MJ edition and my code was in the case.

And Yes! DEFENSE is SOOOO much better.

DomLando

its usually delivered via email if you ordered on site to store.

Yeah I pre order a lot from Best Buy but it seems people are getting the codes in the case. When you order from site to store and there is a pre-order bonus, it usually comes up on your order showing it will be emailed.

My regular one had an early tipoff sticker on the front

Didn't get my 35000 VC yet.

Just got to the pros. Holy hell is this story total cheese, only made better by my Aryan looking hipster upcut rocking SG having a short black chick as a twin. I miss last years story.

gazele

Banned
Didn't get my 35000 VC yet.

Just got to the pros. Holy hell is this story total cheese, only made better by my Aryan looking hipster upcut rocking SG having a short black chick as a twin. I miss last years story.

Eesh, missing last year's story is not a good sign

Was really hoping the story would be better this year

Jonm1010

Banned

That is very good to hear. One of my biggest pet peeves from the last two years was the poor balance.

How is the shot timer thing this year? Last year it was pretty much broken at higher difficulty levels, hopefully they tweeked it a bit this year?

alba

Little is the new Big
No VC or cards or whatever on PC so far, same ol' 2K. About to get the game during my lunch here and hopefully things are better on PS4.

zychi

Banned
Anyone know if the PC version is the same as the PS4 and Xbox1 versions in terms of gameplay and graphics?

Also how is online play? I only have money for either NBA2K or Fifa 16 right now and as I mostly play online I would like to know if there's a lot of input lag or strong lack of responsiveness?
If you only play online, buy fifa

v1ncelis

Stupid question - if I will buy 2K16 digital version from US PSN now, can I start playing right away? Or I still gonna need to wait until 29?

Justified

Stupid question - if I will buy 2K16 digital version from US PSN now, can I start playing right away? Or I still gonna need to wait until 29?

No sure, I guess you are still technically pre-ordering, so you should be able to play.

Apparently Pro-AM is the Crew of old. You dont really put a "team" together with members, rather you individually make a team, that you can invite other to play with when you create a session, underwhelming to say the least.

Still trying to put the GAF team together but My Images are not uploading

Woke up today thinking I could play 2K. Nope, 82%. My internet isn't this bad I swear.

11 hours estimated for 7 GB. I blame PSN for this one. I'm hard wired too.

still don't have my 10K VC or 3 MyTeam packs for pre-ordering

it clearly says the pre-order content is "installed" but it won't show up in the game...2K Support said to "flushconfig" Steam and that din't make a difference

Ao6b.jpg

Recharg3

Amazon UK have just given me a £10 voucher as an apology for not shipping the game early and it will now order on release....

Can't fault them for trying just wish they would prime it now to me

Smokey

Woke up today thinking I could play 2K. Nope, 82%. My internet isn't this bad I swear.

11 hours estimated for 7 GB. I blame PSN for this one. I'm hard wired too.

Same happened to me and I started the pre load days ago.

In other news I got drafted to the Pistons -_-

ron_bato

I've been playing the game for a good 12 hours or so now, and man I am loving it. I don't think I care too much if blocks are on the high side in terms of numbers, they're a legitimate threat now and can make scoring in the paint more difficult.

Rudy gobert is a beast in this game defensively. He blocked two of my Rudy gay drives which were guaranteed points in previous 2ks.

Also, so far their servers have been holding up. And I daresay that their netcode has been good for me. There's still a slight delay, but its negligible.

I've played two online games, and they've been smooth for me. Zig zagging is still there though, but as long as you recover enough and contest, you should be fine.

Top Bottom