• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

Zafir

I got the same notice, but luckily found the e-mail in the SPAM folder.

To add to the second point, the MyNBA 2k18 app on Android does the same shit, you can't log on with the Nintendo account. Not even with the e-mail, just the PSN, Xbox or Steam.

Yeah, they clearly weren't prepared for the Switch version.

I actually tweeted the support earlier asking what you're meant to do to log in as a Switch player. It got ignored, lol.

The triple threat is so good this year. I'm having so much fun playing with the Knicks and iso Melo. They finally managed to nail Melos playstyle in the game. Bullyball on smaller players feels good and the pullup game is really smooth too.

I have played a ton since release and there is only two things i want fixed. Too many missed layups and the "good" release when wide open seems broken(and on free throws). I have missed more "good" releases than slightly late or slightly early. It's really weird.

I get this too. If I get a good release, I almost always brick but if I am early or late, I sink in. This happens on some highly accurate players like Curry and Beal too.

cHinzo

Aight guys, just found out an easy way to get 800 VC. What u need to do:

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
4. Simulate untill the last minute (like final 20~40 seconds)
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end
7. GG, easy 800 VC onto ur account

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

Repost for new page. Method in action.

This is for online only league right?

No just the singleplayer MyLeague. U can also use MyGM, but u get those annoying cutscenes which takes up too much time.

bumpkin

Is anyone here playing on Switch? Is the game making your Switch super hot?

I know it's always the vocal minority who speak the loudest, but I saw someone on FB claim that they undocked their Switch after playing it for a bit and it burned (probably hyperbole) their hand.

shanafan

Is anyone here playing on Switch? Is the game making your Switch super hot?

I know it's always the vocal minority who speak the loudest, but I saw someone on FB claim that they undocked their Switch after playing it for a bit and it burned (probably hyperbole) their hand.

Went back and forth between docked and undocked, and did not suffer any burnt hands nor too hot to touch.

ViciousDS

Banned

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end

Somehow u only get 100 VC for the games after, so what I do is after simming a game, I check in MyTeam my VC balance, delete the MyLeague save file and just make a new one and u will get 800 VC for the first game again. Just made 5k in a couple of minutes lol, gonna max out my character in no time.

Welp I'm doing this till 200k at least

#Fuck2k and their microtransactions

Got to do it before it gets patched

cHinzo

Welp I'm doing this till 200k at least

#Fuck2k and their microtransactions

Got to do it before it gets patched

Yeah, if they make it harder to get VC each year while increasing the VC cost to upgrade your character and put animations and such behind a VC paywall and they want u to pay up or grind, I'm just gonna grind this way. I just made 17K VC in half an hour. If u played a MyCareer game, u woulda had like 800 or 900 VC in the same time with an A+ grade lol.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah, if they make it harder to get VC each year while increasing the VC cost to upgrade your character and put animations and such behind a VC paywall and they want u to pay up or grind, I'm just gonna grind this way. I just made 17K VC in half an hour. If u played a MyCareer game, u woulda had like 800 or 900 VC in the same time with an A+ grade lol.

Is it sad the method is already in my muscle memory and I can get this done in like 45 seconds lol

atr0cious

Repost for new page.

No just the singleplayer MyLeague. U can also use MyGM, but u get those annoying cutscenes which takes up too much time.
So you have to be connected online though right? I've been playing a career offline and have yet to see VC pop up.

cHinzo

Is it sad the method is already in my muscle memory and I can get this done in like 45 seconds lol

Haha same here. Just bought all the new animations too, so that is done. It seems like u get an exp boost for ur badges when u play Pro-Am instead of MyCareer, so I guess I'm doing that after maxing out my character. :D

ViciousDS

Banned
Haha same here. Just bought all the new animations too, so that is done. It seems like u get an exp boost for ur badges when u play Pro-Am instead of MyCareer, so I guess I'm doing that after maxing out my character. :D

Bah, I don't want to play other folks just to get my badges. Was hoping to get them in career and the training center easily

At 20k VC and counting......if the Xbox allowed a solid state this method would be fucking ridiculous with like 5-10 loading times like on my Pro into a myleague game

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end

Does this work on the Switch?

cHinzo

Bah, I don't want to play other folks just to get my badges. Was hoping to get them in career and the training center easily

At 20k VC and counting......if the Xbox allowed a solid state this method would be fucking ridiculous with like 5-10 loading times like on my Pro into a myleague game

I'm playing from an SSD since 2K16. This game has so many loading screens, so the SSD helps out a ton.

U can continue playing MyCareer for badges, but I've seen people who got like 40k points for their badges from one Pro-Am game.

Crazyorloco

2Ksupport released a page to retrieve your data back faster

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like we just need to leave the game on the "play now" option for a while.

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012518547

Good luck everyone

Edit** this above worked for me! Waited a minute then I pressed X to look at my mycareer files and I saw my old file there. Phew!!! 😅 I'm back to playing this again.

I Spoke too soon. Everything deleted again.

Watch them patch the VC trick but not this file corrupted error.

They coming for that exploit fellas😂

Best keep it to yourselves here cause no way they’ll let y’all keep it, VC is their bread and butter moreso than the game.

I'm already having huge regrets with this purchase. They've gone fucking mad with VC, along with the broken cutscenes on the Switch. They peaked with 2K12 imo.

All sports games have been fucked by the focus on milking consumers instead of overhauling franchise modes.

cHinzo

Yeah I'm not putting this shit anywhere else lol. Just trying to help u guys out. :D

They coming for that exploit fellas��

Best keep it to yourselves here cause no way they'll let y'all keep it, VC is their bread and butter moreso than the game.

Just spend that VC on ur character once in a while. :p I think they'll patch this out quickly, since people will be buying MyTeam packs with the VC and 2K won't have any of that.

I'm already having huge regrets with this purchase. They've gone fucking mad with VC, along with the broken cutscenes on the Switch. They peaked with 2K12 imo.

All sports games have been fucked by the focus on milking consumers instead of overhauling franchise modes.
Isn’t FIFA and Madden pretty good at not being overtly pushy with pay to win or microtransactions?

Cartho

Isn’t FIFA and Madden pretty good at not being overtly pushy with pay to win or microtransactions?

Not sure about Madden but FIFA is ok. All micro transactions really do in terms of meaningful stuff is buy packs for ultimate team. These contain players and so buying a chunk of packs can give you a good boost. However all it takes is one mega star player to give you enough in game coins to buy practically an entire team of excellent players. The real money packs can be bought with in game currency too. Also, because the packs have random players in there's no guarantee that you will really get an amazing team. It ups your chances, but it's not like 2K where you can make your MyPlayer supremely good just by spending not real money.

There's absolutely NOTHING like using real money to power level up your player in the career mode though. The trouble with 2K is it feels like the game is really hard to progress in without spending VC and if you do spend some you can make your player super high level within minutes of starting a career. Which kinda defeats the point.

1. Start a new MyLeague
2. Pick a team
3. Pick Simcast
5. Jump into the game
6. Let the game end

Can you give a little better step by step instructions. Do you change the quarter length? Which simcast do you use. Just trying to figure out the best method.

ViciousDS

Banned
I find it sad that MLB the show you know the one game that is the only good sim for baseball on the market is the only one that doesn't nickel and dime players.

The progression in career is solid, there is 0 contracts for pro players in he my team mode once you unlock a player he is yours permanently. Hell

NBA Lives player progression system is THE BEST in a sports game period. You gain xp and you level up. When you level up you get access to traits and skill points. Want clothing? Open loot crates which are by chance but you can only get each item once so you eventually will own everything you want. All currency is separated

cHinzo

Can you give a little better step by step instructions. Do you change the quarter length? Which simcast do you use. Just trying to figure out the best method.

I didn't change anything in the settings. I picked a team, clicked onto the first match in the calendar. Chose the Simcast option. Stopped the sim when it's less than 1 minute remaining in the 4th quarter. Jumped into the game. Let the game play out, collect the VC and quit MyLeague.

This is a video I just made with this method in real-time. Takes like 1 minute for me to collect my VC. :D

cHinzo

Yea I just did mine that way before heading out in case they do a hot fix but I don't see it happening that quick.

I played MyGM last year and it only gave u 500 VC for a game. Although I used the Simcast Live option, since I was actually playing the game lol. Simcast is much quicker and dnno how much VC that option gave in 2K17, but it's gonna get nerfed either way once they find out.

It does, but seemingly giving me 900 VC instead of 800 everytime.

Sometimes I got 800, sometimes 900, just got 850 VC. I think it's random lol, the 800 was an estimate.

legend166

I was tossing up between getting this or FIFA on the Switch. I think I'll get FIFA and come back in 6 months and hope they've fixed the horrendous bugs people are talking about.

Aiii

So not worth it
Playing offline mycareer just so I do not have to deal with cutscenes, the open world bullshit between games and the loading times when waking from sleep on Switch. Life is much better this way. Just pick up and play.

Crazyorloco

Playing offline mycareer just so I do not have to deal with cutscenes, the open world bullshit between games and the loading times when waking from sleep on Switch. Life is much better this way. Just pick up and play.

Until your file gets corrupted.

But yeah I agree I like offline mycareer

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Are the offline and online careers separate? Like if I play tomorrow offline on the way to work can I come back to the online one once I'm back home or how does it work?

cHinzo

HLc2q6R.jpg

Welp, just got my guy to 80 OVR. Need 50k VC more to max him out. Btw, there is a vendor on the right side of the practice gym. Talk to him and u can do one more training drill to work towards ur badge.

Welp, just got my guy to 80 OVR. Need 50k VC more to max him out. Btw, there is a vendor on the right side of the practice gym. Talk to him and u can do one more training drill to work towards ur badge.

oh shit i was wondering what was the reason for having the vendor

Top Bottom