• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

Ensoul

So I know I said the mypark games were lagging but I don't think it's lag. I think the game, my game anyway, has frame rate issues on my vanilla ps4.

The players are stuttering all over the place. No idea if it's my ps4, my game or the servers. Very frustrating.

jtrov

So I know I said the mypark games were lagging but I don't think it's lag. I think the game, my game anyway, has frame rate issues my my vanilla ps4.

The players are stuttering all over the place. No idea if it's my ps4, my game or the servers. Very frustrating.

Happens to me as well (vanilla PS4), but not every game which leads to think it may be lag. But it's most definitely frustrating trying to spot up or play your man when you're unsure if your button presses are being recognized when it stutters like that.

Meccs

I just created my Player and Wow I thought they locked all the hair styles and beards behind VC but not only that, there is also just a fraction of what was in the previous games. Where are all the cool stubbles? Where is my short afro? What the hell... this gets worse and worse.

Laieon

I never played a 2k game before and was interested in picking this up on Switch, but from what I hear it's not good and has a lot of problems (mostly virtual currency and paywall related stuff)? I'm not interested in online stuff as much as I am the career mode, so if that's decent I might still jump on it.

I think I have 2k15 on Steam, but just try that out.

I'm noticing that my player in MyCareer has trouble hitting 3's, even though the stat for that is fairly high (about 2/3's the full bar) and I'm consistently getting Good timing on the shots. Is this normal for 2K games?? It's frustrating because I'm supposed to be a "sharpshooter" but I have to drive to the basket most of the time because my shooting is so poor. I also have the all the 3 point shooting first level badges...

Coppanuva

I never played a 2k game before and was interested in picking this up on Switch, but from what I hear it's not good and has a lot of problems (mostly virtual currency and paywall related stuff)? I'm not interested in online stuff as much as I am the career mode, so if that's decent I might still jump on it.

I think I have 2k15 on Steam, but just try that out.

The career mode is the one that's more filled with microtransactions than anything. Unless you just want to manage a team or play as one through a whole season, in which case that's fine and mostly free of them.

Takuan

I'm noticing that my player in MyCareer has trouble hitting 3's, even though the stat for that is fairly high (about 2/3's the full bar) and I'm consistently getting Good timing on the shots. Is this normal for 2K games?? It's frustrating because I'm supposed to be a "sharpshooter" but I have to drive to the basket most of the time because my shooting is so poor. I also have the all the 3 point shooting first level badges...

How open are those shots? I've been hitting shots with more regularity now, but I'm very careful with my shot selection (rating is 71 and I'm also a sharpshooter) and generally only take lightly contested or wide-open shots.

How open are those shots? I've been hitting shots with more regularity now, but I'm very careful with my shot selection (rating is 71 and I'm also a sharpshooter) and generally only take lightly contested or wide-open shots.

It doesn't seem to make much difference. They're mostly catch and shoot type shots, and usually fairly open. I have an 87 OVR, and it sucks seeing my teammates consistently hitting crazy double-covered fadeaway off the dribble 3's and I struggle hitting wide-open looks.

Yes, when in the open world or whoever that's not a locker room/ game. You can go to the settings menu in NAV by Y/Triangle and then hitting down. Should be there under 2kTV while loading and their should be options for after basket cuts/ replays

Thank you, there was an option to finally get rid of the after basket cuts, but I still haven't found the 2KTV loading yet,

To all my fellow shot creators, the quickest way to the difficult shots badge seems to be the 'Reading the Screen' drill. Run around the screen, receive the pass and sprint to the free throw line for a pull up jumper. Repeat 10 times.

I'm getting 2,600 or so for hitting 7/10 shots, do that four times between games and that's 10,000 points towards the badge.

To all my fellow shot creators, the quickest way to the difficult shots badge seems to be the 'Reading the Screen' drill. Run around the screen, receive the pass and sprint to the free throw line for a pull up jumper. Repeat 10 times.

I'm getting 2,600 or so for hitting 7/10 shots, do that four times between games and that's 10,000 points towards the badge.
Shit, I've just been trying to upgrade dead eye from that cause it's usually the hardest to get

VoxPop

It doesn't seem to make much difference. They're mostly catch and shoot type shots, and usually fairly open. I have an 87 OVR, and it sucks seeing my teammates consistently hitting crazy double-covered fadeaway off the dribble 3's and I struggle hitting wide-open looks.

I know exactly what you mean. Easy layups and any open mid range shots just rim out for me randomly and it's really aggravating. I started just being more careful with my shots and not taking most unless I'm completely open off a screen or something. It's definitely a big change from 2K17 but you'll be able to adjust. The computer also has some gameshark always God mode thing going on where they can hit fadeaway 3s with Julius Randle while being smothered by my defender.

They have got to patch in the option to skip the cut scenes on My Career. Unless there's something I'm missing...especially painful when you're having to watch one you've already seen on the same career.

Overall loving the game. Tons of fun hours put in so far. I don't personally mind the VC thing that much as I don't pay for a ton of games every year (no I don't pirate) Not breaking the bank for me to make this game infinitely more enjoyable. I'd be upset if I was already spending a ton on games, though.

cHinzo

Gonna do that after getting Midrange Deadeye to gold. Can't seem to get any points for that badge during a game, unlike difficult shots.

cHinzo

What's the best way to grind mid-range deadeye? I haven't even got that to bronze yet

I just do the contested midrange drill. Got most of my badges at silver or bronze atm except for Tireless Scorer. If they don't change the requirements for that badge, I'm never gonna get it lol.

I know exactly what you mean. Easy layups and any open mid range shots just rim out for me randomly and it's really aggravating. I started just being more careful with my shots and not taking most unless I'm completely open off a screen or something. It's definitely a big change from 2K17 but you'll be able to adjust. The computer also has some gameshark always God mode thing going on where they can hit fadeaway 3s with Julius Randle while being smothered by my defender.

It's only frustrating because the game is a lot of fun to play, much better than my (admittedly limited) experience with 2k17.

VoxPop

It's only frustrating because the game is a lot of fun to play, much better than my (admittedly limited) experience with 2k17.

Yeah the game is still a lot of fun. Just takes some time getting used to which is usually the case every year. But for some odd reason it's almost at the point the missing shots are a bug but it seems like no one else is complaining so I guess this is the way it was meant to be.

Rockeeo

They have got to patch in the option to skip the cut scenes on My Career. Unless there's something I'm missing...especially painful when you're having to watch one you've already seen on the same career.

Overall loving the game. Tons of fun hours put in so far. I don't personally mind the VC thing that much as I don't pay for a ton of games every year (no I don't pirate) Not breaking the bank for me to make this game infinitely more enjoyable. I'd be upset if I was already spending a ton on games, though.

My guess is that they don't want people to be able to skip cutscenes because some of them are ads.

Visiting your home will sometimes trigger a cutscene that is really just an ad for Reeses cereal or Mountain Dew.

There is a painful to watch cutscene because they do the same joke about Mountain Dew 5 times.

There is also a huge stack of Mountain Dews at your house after one of the cutscenes

So I know I said the mypark games were lagging but I don't think it's lag. I think the game, my game anyway, has frame rate issues on my vanilla ps4.

It is. My friends are saying the same thing but my Pro has no issues. Buttery smooth. And my internet hasn't been solid lately.

Does difficulty matter for points earned toward the badges? I've been on Pro for MyCareer since launch and have been thinking of moving it up to All-Star now that I'm getting a better handle on the game.

Does difficulty matter for points earned toward the badges? I've been on Pro for MyCareer since launch and have been thinking of moving it up to All-Star now that I'm getting a better handle on the game.

I read somewhere that Pro difficulty was nerfed and progress was slowed but I haven't checked to confirm.

Ensoul

It is. My friends are saying the same thing but my Pro has no issues. Buttery smooth. And my internet hasn't been solid lately.

I hope this gets is fixed because I don't have an extra 400 bucks that I should be spending on a Pro. It's been like this for a week so I am losing hope it will be.

atr0cious

Subtle game changer for the switch, don't know if there was a patch, but now, the game waits until you've closed it to switch between your internet connections. This means you can switch from undocked to docked easily without it killing your online game or cutscene.

I think I've seen three people inquire about leagues. Fear not we will get to you!

I think I asked this but how sure are we that hot zones in MyCareer affect online? When I last looked it seemed like there was another hot zone chart but I'm not sure.

ViciousDS

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

My little brother got 80k from a regular game. It bugged and handed him that much VC, holy shit. He even sent me the picture of his total VC and it's 80k higher than it should have been lol

DKXR2IMWsAANirj

Please be a streamer or something. 1.2 mil?????? I don't even like spending 5$ on virtual stuff

Man, seeing all that VC has me contemplating making another player even though I ought to know better...

Where is my compensation for putting up with 2k's bullshit

You get an extra 5k VC if you take advantage of a special limited time offer and preorder NBA 2K19 right now.

shanafan

I like these 2K episodes with the female host and NBA players. It's a fun watch. Made some of that VC answering trivia while watching.

Top Bottom