• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

JoeFu

Banned
I actually love how stupid the story is. The past few games were uh i dunno. Freq and Vibe was awful and the prez was whatever.

I'm trying to start a new character besides the one I created in the prelude and it just keeps starting me as the one i created in the prelude.

jmizzal

I found something not locked behind VC that has been in recent years

Customizing your mycourt once you reach a certain level you can customize it how you want it, nothing is locked behind VC at least thats something they gave us lol

It's absolutely insane how these guys still can't get their shit together. This game is a mess. Unskippable cutscenes, petty VC trash, glitchy accessories.

Now I lost my entire MyCareer file. Character was an 81 overall. Never again. Completely done with 2K.

It's absolutely insane how these guys still can't get their shit together. This game is a mess. Unskippable cutscenes, petty VC trash, glitchy accessories.

Now I lost my entire MyCareer file. Character was an 81 overall. Never again. Completely done with 2K.

I can't even figure out how to create a new character for myplayer, i can change positions and stuff but can't change the look I selected in the prelude.

Besides the half frame rate cut.. Lower quality textures and lighting(most noticable up close on model faces), and lack of depth of field. Fidelity wise overall, looks pretty damn good on the Switch still.

I wonder how far Switch with X2 would have gone with... Equivalent CPU of PS4, and 1.5x GPU power of base Switch with 2x RAM amount and bandwidth.. Possibly 60ps, but retaining downgraded fidelity?

I swear my PS4 pro sounds like it's about to blow off when playing this game, it's turning me off so much about playing it and just makes me wish I had gotten it on pc like usual. What's the deal? The fucking fan even ramp up like crazy during face scan stuff. My console is dying or anyone else in the same case?

Happening to me, too, on my Pro. Definitely got me a little nervous. First game on my Pro that has done this.

shanafan

I never thought I would play the online component of this game that much. Did several 3 on 3 playground matchups, and then one my teammates and I ran to the one-on-one court and did 3 matches. Really digging this game more than I thought I would.

Tubobutts

I can't even figure out how to create a new character for myplayer, i can change positions and stuff but can't change the look I selected in the prelude.
You can't really create a "new" character. You can change your Myplayer's appearance in the navigation menu in MyCareer, but I'm pretty sure that just changes your default Player and will carry over to any other positions/archetypes you try.

Also did anybody else preorder from Amazon and not receive any of the bonuses?

Yb5AOp7.jpg
Well, isn't this lovely?

You can't really create a "new" character. You can change your Myplayer's appearance in the navigation menu in MyCareer, but I'm pretty sure that just changes your default Player and will carry over to any other positions/archetypes you try.

Also did anybody else preorder from Amazon and not receive any of the bonuses?

Where's the navigation menu? I just don't like the look of my player and want to switch it.

Tubobutts

Where's the navigation menu? I just don't like the look of my player and want to switch it.
Press triangle (or your system's equivalent) in the Neighborhood and it should be one of the options along the bottom of the menu. I think it's called MyPlayer Lab.

I think you should also be able to change it from the options on the main menu, but I haven't checked.

Tall4Life

God I have no fucking idea how to play well in this game
Whenever I try to do a drive I get stopped immediately, meanwhile my friends can weave all around and easily go in

ron_bato

God I have no fucking idea how to play well in this game
Whenever I try to do a drive I get stopped immediately, meanwhile my friends can weave all around and easily go in

Its gonna take time, but with practice you will get it if you are dedicated enough my man.

Ive been playing 2k since the dreamcast, and the recent 2ks are fine tuning the excellent base they had with 2k11. So for me to get the stick skills down, it took seven years of practice and familiarity.

Im planning on doing a bunch of tutorials. But i put a short video up on basic setups through jab steps. It is sloppy since it was a stream and i had no preparation, but here is a decent attempt at teaching the basics of the jab step system this year, which is miles aheadthe previous versions:

https://youtu.be/pX6ZT5gFt2Y

Anybody elses cutscenes super laggy on the Switch? Mine slows down considerable but audio plays normal so it gets to the point where the audio isfinished and the cutscene keeps going so people are talking with no words coming out.

Uga

Wait so, can I really not delete MyPlayer and create a new one if I want to change my position/height/archetype/etc.? Or am I missing something here?

Edit: nerve mind, I DID miss something there!

Anybody elses cutscenes super laggy on the Switch? Mine slows down considerable but audio plays normal so it gets to the point where the audio isfinished and the cutscene keeps going so people are talking with no words coming out.

My Pregame show was pretty sluggish. Skipping and stuff.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I started a Road to 99 game. I enjoy the campaign so far, but I wish you could skip the cutscenes, especially since they are out of sync with the sound. Luckily the gameplay itself is pretty fluid. I don't have that big of a problem with the VC system so far, I have patience and a cheap haircut. I still fight a bit with the controls (handling the right stick moves), but that's on me.

mieumieu

I just started downloading the Switch version, but I only have 2GiB of free space on my internal storage, and I hear the save data is 3GiB in space. Should I clear some space for the save data?

I buy 2k every year and barely touch the story mode. Never put more than an hour or two into it, so stuff like this doesn't bother me one bit. I just play basketball games against the CPU and local multi with friends. By that standard 2k remains the king of basketball games and one of the best sports games on the market.

Every single one for me. It's pretty awful. The game in general is buggy on Switch.

shanafan

I only really noticed one cutscene being out of sync on Switch.
The scene before your first game.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The audio just cut out half way through this long ass cutscene in
the locker room before the first game
(Switch version).

Would've been nice if I could've skipped it lol

I am 10 games in and I can not stand the interactions.. it takes so long to go from game to game. The loading still is crazy slow..

I hate NBA 2k so much every year and yet I am dumb enough to keep coming back..
So that’s still a problem huh. Ridiculous that it takes so long to actually play basketball in a basketball game.

Zafir

The audio just cut out half way through this long ass cutscene in
the locker room before the first game
(Switch version).

Would've been nice if I could've skipped it lol

Yeah I just had this.

That said it seemed like the conversation was over, so I almost think it could have just been REALLY out of sync. Sure hope that's not a common issue, lol.

Edit: Happened after the match too.

Seems like a framerate issue to be honest. The framerate seems to drop, which causes the actions and movement to slow down, but the audio is still running normal speed.

The audio starts popping and the fps is so low it looks like slow motion for the cutscenes, really terrible

Gaf, I'm an NBA 2k newbie. Picked it up the Spike Lee version on PS4 because it was free and because my 10year old stat-tracking basketball FIEND of a old nephew wanted something to play with me. So, I got it and he DESTROYS me.

I'm tired of him destroying me. Also, I kind of dig the game.

So I picked up the Switch version and i'm amazed by how good it is looks for a portable. However, I'm having some problems. I really don't get some of the controls. I've goofed around in the tutorial mode and some things aren't sticking or explained.

1. My nephew pointed out in the PS4 version that there's a colored icon below your player that shows when the player is in the best place to shoot. When he showed me that, it was like a light switch going off and my shot percentages started going way up. That's not in the SWITCH Version. There's a meter for when to release that I simply CANNOT figure out, but that other icon? No clue how to activate it. I spent forever on the solo practice court just trying to shoot and I could barely land 1 in 15. Shooting just seemed much easier on the PS4 version.

2. In DEFENSE, there seems to be a LOT of auto control in this game, which is fine. However, in the PS4 version, I'd switch to my playable defender to directly cover my opponent, and I remember holding R2 which would put me in a guard-like position that made it easier to either reach in to steal or or jump to block shots. It doesn't appear to be the same on the SWITCH. Once you do ANY action on the Switch, the computer breaks your guard and does whatever they want - usually scores. I'm left left behind the action looking like an idiot. What am I doing wrong here?

I haven't kept up with basketball in years, so I'm not up on stats. Consider me a complete newbie. I do, however, enjoy trying to play this game. Suggestions?

theWB27

2 things they have vastly improved this year. They have drastically reduced the canned animation to the point where the subtle movements matter so much.

Omnipotent defenders. It may be the freshness but the defenders have not been responding to the button press anymore and it's refreshing because the D feels more fair.

The flow is amazing.

3 things...the defensive angles, movement and spacing is the best the series has ever seen.

2K Camera for life. I don't know how people play with Broadcast.

There's no advantage either way and the only difference is the direction of your sticks. Not saying you're doing it...but I always find it funny when I hear 2k peeps talk about the 2k camera as if it enhances stick skills.

JakeD

Is it possible to play against friends online on switch?

Trying to confirm this before purchasing, my friend who owns the game can't find the option,but I'm wondering if it's because he has no friends online.

Crazyorloco

Do not spend real money on this game.

My data just got corrupted out of no where. Had to start over. I did switch to another profile on my nintendo switch while in a game - maybe this made the error happen? Will test this later. I didn't spend any real money, but if I did I would be so upset right now. I wasted a lot of time on my character too. Ugh.

Love the gameplay and presentation still.

Bacon

Man I got the switch version after playing on pc the last couple years... I don't know if I can handle the 30 fps, it just feels sooo sluggish. Gonna stick with it, hopefully I'll get used to it.

R00bot

My data just got corrupted out of no where. Had to start over. I didn't spend any real money, but if I did I would be so upset right now. I wasted a lot of time on my character too. Ugh.

That sucks man. Out of curiosity, which platform are you playing on?

Deception

My data just got corrupted out of no where. Had to start over. I did switch to another profile on my nintendo switch while in a game - maybe this made the error happen? Will test this later. I didn't spend any real money, but if I did I would be so upset right now. I wasted a lot of time on my character too. Ugh.

I just had something similar happen and lost about 3-4 worth of progress on mycareer and used all of the 5k vc you get for preordering as well as about an additional 3k from playing.

I am fucking livid right now I can't believe this.

Top Bottom